Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel has arrived! 12:37 - Jul 10 with 23012 views08olesen

For pre season! Lets see if he last longer than he did last year.

This may annoy at lot on here....but anyone else i would say fark off to, but i genuinely have never seen anyone like Adel, who gets me off my seat even in the dullest of games.

The soap opera continues.....Adel to score against the Sum in the 90 min to win 1-0!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Adel has arrived! on 22:01 - Jul 11 with 2584 viewsHooparoo

Spoke to a bloke who was an AC Milan fan and he said that Taarabt was so good he made everyone around him play better and that they all thought Adel would save Seedorf's job. He's very disappointed they couldn't keep him and he said that Adel is a football genius who made Kaka look ordinary.

Lock him in a room with Steve Black and get him back out there.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 22:01]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Adel has arrived! on 22:02 - Jul 11 with 2574 viewsqprewan

Adel has arrived! on 20:35 - Jul 11 by stansleftfoot

The idea that QPR are or have recently been in the upper tiers of Football is absurd, only Warnock saw the unique talent of Adel Taarabt and created an environment where the player could do his stuff.
Taarabts unique talent in a squad of mediocre players will ultimately create friction. Gary O'Neil became a legend for QPR alongside Bobby Zamora in a one off game, Gary O'Neil has also relentlessly passed the ball to the opposition throughout a season, Zamora has earned £10 million for, One or Two goals, both given to him over four years.
Adel Taarabt is an opportunity not a problem, I feel Harry Redknapps fundamental flaws as a modern football manager are our difficulty, I just hope Fernandes and Beard who might approach the Adel Taarabt question with the view of Football fans rather than a supposed professional, as Redknapp see's himself. a QPR can put the apparent skills of Steve Black to work on how one assimilates the unique talent of Adel Taarabt into a group of much less skilled players.
Adel Taarabt is the point of watching Football, he's one of the very few players I've seen since the 75/76 side that has excited me in a QPR side.
For me it's not negotiable, Adel Taarabt must play for QPR or we will be a lesser Football Club and a poorer footballing side.
Redknapp and the players are just going to have to face being 'megged' and frustrated relentlessly...Adel Taarabt is playing football and i love to watch him do it!
What do you want to do, put your face in your hands when Barton launches another ball sixty yards into touch or watch players like O'Neil take three touchs to tidy a back pass up....Taarabt outside of the foot to Routledge...just watch it again....worth the money we have to pay! No question, get Adel in and try again, he's our player!

Fair play to you mate, couldn't agree more. The last time Adel kicked a ball for us he was still just 23 years old and yet a minority on here seem happy to write him off, we are crying out for some creative talent and maybe just maybe he will have come back from a positive loan at Milana bit older and wiser so of course we should give him a chance! What have we got to lose? It will only work though if our Harry is willing to bury the hatchet though and give him a fair crack of the whip... If he does and Adel comes on against Hull the Loftus Rd crowd will most definitely give our very own prodigal son a massive welcome back!
Adel has arrived! on 22:10 - Jul 11 with 2554 viewsessextaxiboy

Adel has arrived! on 22:01 - Jul 11 by Hooparoo

Spoke to a bloke who was an AC Milan fan and he said that Taarabt was so good he made everyone around him play better and that they all thought Adel would save Seedorf's job. He's very disappointed they couldn't keep him and he said that Adel is a football genius who made Kaka look ordinary.

Lock him in a room with Steve Black and get him back out there.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 22:01]

I thought they could keep him but chose not to ?
Adel has arrived! on 22:14 - Jul 11 with 2545 viewsHooparoo

Adel has arrived! on 22:10 - Jul 11 by essextaxiboy

I thought they could keep him but chose not to ?

The fans wanted to keep him but he was seen as Seedorf's man so the club sent him back. Apparently.

Adel has arrived! on 22:16 - Jul 11 with 2544 viewsstansleftfoot

Adel has arrived! on 21:53 - Jul 11 by essextaxiboy

If Adel is an opportunity not a problem and it is Redknapp who cannot see it , why arent there a list of clubs ready to grab the opportunity ? ...Permanently .

Because of that differential of values and opinion. Harry Redknapp is a manager who couldn't see Bales potential, and I suspect having publically vocalised his opinion of Adel he can't back down with Adel.
However, Beard and Redknapp having seen the activities of Warnock, Hughes, Riggs, Redknapp and Bond compared to the non-professional football skills of Black might wonder whether it's worth perservering with Taarabt....it could be our Bowles moment.
Just saying, merely surmising, but it must be better to have Taarabt up for it at QPR than trying to place him elswhere....we clearly see him being a young player with great talent and need between £7 and £8 million plus some add ons for contiuum of performance...some might not get that!
Adel has arrived! on 22:19 - Jul 11 with 2541 viewsHooparoo

Adel has arrived! on 22:16 - Jul 11 by stansleftfoot

Because of that differential of values and opinion. Harry Redknapp is a manager who couldn't see Bales potential, and I suspect having publically vocalised his opinion of Adel he can't back down with Adel.
However, Beard and Redknapp having seen the activities of Warnock, Hughes, Riggs, Redknapp and Bond compared to the non-professional football skills of Black might wonder whether it's worth perservering with Taarabt....it could be our Bowles moment.
Just saying, merely surmising, but it must be better to have Taarabt up for it at QPR than trying to place him elswhere....we clearly see him being a young player with great talent and need between £7 and £8 million plus some add ons for contiuum of performance...some might not get that!

Wasn't Harry the one who moved Bale forward to left wing?

Adel has arrived! on 22:36 - Jul 11 with 2513 viewsQPunkR

Adel has arrived! on 22:19 - Jul 11 by Hooparoo

Wasn't Harry the one who moved Bale forward to left wing?

Yep, in his own mind

QPR - "shit but local"

Adel has arrived! on 22:40 - Jul 11 with 2509 viewsdaveB

Adel has arrived! on 22:36 - Jul 11 by QPunkR

Yep, in his own mind

and in reality as well
Login to get fewer ads

Adel has arrived! on 00:31 - Jul 12 with 2442 viewsessextaxiboy

Adel has arrived! on 22:16 - Jul 11 by stansleftfoot

Ok if we accept that Redknapp has a blind spot where Adel is concerned , where are the other enlightened managers and coaches who are ready to buy him (permanently) and play him regularly .

My point is that it is a very short queue. He is a maverick , a Harlem Globetrotter who needs to be indulged not only by the coach but by his team mates. Modern football does not work like that (maybe for the worse).

He may stay , before he went to Italy Redknapp said he tried to keep him , appeasing the fans or leaving the door ajar for this summer?

If he steps out in a hooped shirt against Hull I am behind him 100% . If he gets a move I wish him well .

No one gets a thread up to 100 posts faster that for sure .
Adel has arrived! on 08:19 - Jul 12 with 2368 viewsFearless

The idea that QPR are or have recently been in the upper tiers of Football is absurd, only Warnock saw the unique talent of Adel Taarabt and created an environment where the player could do his stuff.
Taarabts unique talent in a squad of mediocre players will ultimately create friction. Gary O'Neil became a legend for QPR alongside Bobby Zamora in a one off game, Gary O'Neil has also relentlessly passed the ball to the opposition throughout a season, Zamora has earned £10 million for, One or Two goals, both given to him over four years.
Adel Taarabt is an opportunity not a problem, I feel Harry Redknapps fundamental flaws as a modern football manager are our difficulty, I just hope Fernandes and Beard who might approach the Adel Taarabt question with the view of Football fans rather than a supposed professional, as Redknapp see's himself. a QPR can put the apparent skills of Steve Black to work on how one assimilates the unique talent of Adel Taarabt into a group of much less skilled players.
Adel Taarabt is the point of watching Football, he's one of the very few players I've seen since the 75/76 side that has excited me in a QPR side.
For me it's not negotiable, Adel Taarabt must play for QPR or we will be a lesser Football Club and a poorer footballing side.
Redknapp and the players are just going to have to face being 'megged' and frustrated relentlessly...Adel Taarabt is playing football and i love to watch him do it!
What do you want to do, put your face in your hands when Barton launches another ball sixty yards into touch or watch players like O'Neil take three touchs to tidy a back pass up....Taarabt outside of the foot to Routledge...just watch it again....worth the money we have to pay! No question, get Adel in and try again, he's our player!

You sir, deserve a medal

This "conflict" runs and runs on here with the same people posting 1 of 2 views:
(Generalisation)

1. Genius maverick who should be indulged
2. Spoilt show pony who's burnt his bridges

I'm firmly in camp no.1

But as with everything, it's all about individual opinions.
People have stated Zamora should get a new contract for THAT goal yet Adel who gave us 1 whole season (plus flashes in another 2) and is under contract with us is not welcome

Oh well?, I'm no more right or wrong on this then anyone else
Adel has arrived! on 08:46 - Jul 12 with 2348 viewsPommyhoop

Brilliant post.Nail on the head.

A couple of visual aids to go with that superb post..

Forgive them Lord they know not what they do...

[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 9:21]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Adel has arrived! on 08:59 - Jul 12 with 2326 viewsDiscodroid

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. Ive Watched woodhoop guard over us like a demi god, ive watched morgan twin sling forward arrows of outrageous pavement artistry , ive seen blob pluck flowers of clusterfuk ukip threads from mortal danger , nay , ive even seen 'only here for the niko "put her arms around niko" , but i cant believe im seeing another thread on adel cnting tarrabt.......All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

*with thanks to bladerunner
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 9:04]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Adel has arrived! on 09:09 - Jul 12 with 2317 viewsPommyhoop

Adel has arrived! on 08:59 - Jul 12 by Discodroid

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. Ive Watched woodhoop guard over us like a demi god, ive watched morgan twin sling forward arrows of outrageous pavement artistry , ive seen blob pluck flowers of clusterfuk ukip threads from mortal danger , nay , ive even seen 'only here for the niko "put her arms around niko" , but i cant believe im seeing another thread on adel cnting tarrabt.......All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

*with thanks to bladerunner
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 9:04]

OOoh Dear. 'C;ntin tarrabt'? I see your in the 'Spoilt show pony club'' mate'
How's that fleet footed magician Doyle doing?
GO ON KEV MY SON !!!
The fellas just got back for pre season training.AND he was on time.
Shirley that warrants a thread??

Adel has arrived! on 09:27 - Jul 12 with 2286 viewsDiscodroid

ive got kev upstairs vacuum packed , unspoilt , for his beauty is great. but dont tell anyone pom.

adel tarrbt , the final frontier. These are the voyages of the LFW board . Its ten year mission: to explore the same thread , to not seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go to the same place the previous poster has gone before.

having said that;

adel tarrbt ..."Infinite diversity in infinite combinations... symbolizing the elements that create truth and beauty."

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Adel has arrived! on 09:34 - Jul 12 with 2285 viewsPommyhoop

Adel has arrived! on 09:27 - Jul 12 by Discodroid

ive got kev upstairs vacuum packed , unspoilt , for his beauty is great. but dont tell anyone pom.

adel tarrbt , the final frontier. These are the voyages of the LFW board . Its ten year mission: to explore the same thread , to not seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go to the same place the previous poster has gone before.

having said that;

adel tarrbt ..."Infinite diversity in infinite combinations... symbolizing the elements that create truth and beauty."

I know what you mean mate about the number of threads on the Tubby one. I even gave up and as your greatest fan JD said I was Ade's no1 Fan Boy .
But this has a diferent angle what with Steve Black being on the scene. Maybe just maybe..
I very much doubt it but MAYBE..

Adel has arrived! on 11:09 - Jul 12 with 2243 viewsDejR_vu

I've been going to QPR since the mid 70s. I was too young to remember much about the 75/76 side. I got my first season ticket in 82/83. I've seen some fantastic players in that time. Taarabt is in my top two. I would genuinely pay just to watch him.

We are QPR for goodness sake. As much as the owners want us to be as big as Man U we're not. The sooner we start remembering that and start appreciating the fact that every now and again we stumble upon someone sublime, and accept him worts and all, the better. We won't see a player like him at HQ again for 20 years.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Adel has arrived! on 12:57 - Jul 12 with 2213 viewsWestonsuperR

Adel has arrived! on 14:34 - Jul 11 by Northernr

I didn't find 19 goals and 23 assists that disrespectful either.

As said higher up, Joey Barton got welcomed back with open arms after openly slagging our club off and treating it like sht for two years.

Adel's performance in our promotion season is not in question. I'd argue that he didn't perform very well in the Premiership, goals and assists stats show this. My point is that Adel's disrespected the club by regularly failing to do what he is paid to do and actually turn up for training, leaving a half time at Fulham, trying to walk off the pitch because he felt like it (Hull) etc etc..

I was surprised/disappointed at Joey's reception on his return to LR, so was he and even came out and admitted he didn't deserve it. Not sure Joey will good enough in the Prem anymore but think/hope he has matured and is quite key to team spirit and holding this team together.
Adel has arrived! on 13:05 - Jul 12 with 2199 viewsfrancisbowles

I think the key to this is how he responds pre season. How much did he weigh the other day? Is he going to train properly, will he work with Harry and Steve Black, Joe Jordan, Barton etc? Is he going to throw a strop every time something is wrong for him? Is he going to put his late night gambling followed by kebabs as well as smoking Shisha on hold for the rest of his career?

He is a tremendous talent and if he can't get the move he wants he is definitely worth another try.
Adel has arrived! on 13:15 - Jul 12 with 2175 viewsPommyhoop

Adel has arrived! on 13:05 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

I think the key to this is how he responds pre season. How much did he weigh the other day? Is he going to train properly, will he work with Harry and Steve Black, Joe Jordan, Barton etc? Is he going to throw a strop every time something is wrong for him? Is he going to put his late night gambling followed by kebabs as well as smoking Shisha on hold for the rest of his career?

He is a tremendous talent and if he can't get the move he wants he is definitely worth another try.

One name in your post shined out at me . Joe Jordan..
He's not on his own . But come on lets get professional FFS Wally Downes??

Adel has arrived! on 13:51 - Jul 12 with 2155 viewsQPunkR

Adel has arrived! on 22:40 - Jul 11 by daveB

and in reality as well

And tried to sell him for a pittance. Isn't he one of history's most expensive players now?

QPR - "shit but local"

Adel has arrived! on 13:55 - Jul 12 with 2158 viewsWeaverQPR

The pressure is on this Steve Black chap to deliver, our whole season seems to depend on him looking at some of the posts on here. Last season it was McClaren who was the driving force we couldnt manage without now its SB and his mystical powers.

@WeavQPR

Adel has arrived! on 14:04 - Jul 12 with 2146 viewsThGrimRanger

Adel has arrived! on 00:31 - Jul 12 by essextaxiboy

Ok if we accept that Redknapp has a blind spot where Adel is concerned , where are the other enlightened managers and coaches who are ready to buy him (permanently) and play him regularly .

My point is that it is a very short queue. He is a maverick , a Harlem Globetrotter who needs to be indulged not only by the coach but by his team mates. Modern football does not work like that (maybe for the worse).

He may stay , before he went to Italy Redknapp said he tried to keep him , appeasing the fans or leaving the door ajar for this summer?

If he steps out in a hooped shirt against Hull I am behind him 100% . If he gets a move I wish him well .

No one gets a thread up to 100 posts faster that for sure .

totally with you on this one mate.

The only manager who was prepared to take a punt on him was Jol and he very soon regretted it...says it all really.

Football is a results business. That's why NO manager is interested.

TheGrimRanger

Adel has arrived! on 14:07 - Jul 12 with 2141 viewsPommyhoop

Adel has arrived! on 13:55 - Jul 12 by WeaverQPR

The pressure is on this Steve Black chap to deliver, our whole season seems to depend on him looking at some of the posts on here. Last season it was McClaren who was the driving force we couldnt manage without now its SB and his mystical powers.

Maybe we should just go naked . With H .Just H and Joe and Kevin and Wally
Nah I dont recon ... Lets keep Mr Black

Adel has arrived! on 14:10 - Jul 12 with 2139 viewsfrancisbowles

Adel has arrived! on 13:15 - Jul 12 by Pommyhoop

One name in your post shined out at me . Joe Jordan..
He's not on his own . But come on lets get professional FFS Wally Downes??

Yeah but isn't FFS Wally Downes supposed to be the defensive coach? Adel doesn't do defence! Lol.
Adel has arrived! on 16:23 - Jul 12 with 2062 viewswood_hoop

Adel has arrived! on 14:10 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

Yeah but isn't FFS Wally Downes supposed to be the defensive coach? Adel doesn't do defence! Lol.

and that's where opininons may differ amongst the support, very talented player at going forward and should be expected to do just that, just how many 'defensive' minded players do you need on a pitch.

AT is desperatly needed as a player, would be on a good wage even in comparison with some of the 'bigger clubs' and as that is usually the driving force for players to sign for a club what else is the block for players to honour their contracts, winning trophies ? as there is only three major domestic at stake and their usually earmarked for the 'big boys' what else but to play for than a decent pay packet.

All this bollox about 'team spirit' is a myth, the 'right type' only need apply for QPR ! I don't mind if a player is a complete bellend off the pitch, as long as he trains, keeps fit and does the business on the pitch who cares if he wants to act like his shoe size off it, I don't put players on pedestals for anything, respect for them if they put in a good shift for 90 minutes, admire their footballing talent, that's where it stops, down to the manager to harness those skills in the best way possible for the team, or in our case seems a sport phycologist is now the guiding light.

Maybe some of his actions are connected to the man management he has had to deal with, managers & coaches are there to bring the best out of players,and shock horror, improve you even more, imagine if you have the likes of Hughes and his merry band, then followed by HR and his motley crew and you have a talent that is well noted, no wonder he spat his dummy at times, talent needs nuturing, can't say any of the above have ever impressed me with their vast knowlege of tactics and player improvement, not exactly the envoiriment for a player that shows he has fine abilities but bugger all to back them up.

Be a good thing if he is playing for us next season but can see why he may not be exactly pulling up trees to do so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024