Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announcements Tuesday? 14:11 - May 4 with 19923 viewsNov77

Tony's tweeting about announcements been made tomorrow which 'should please you'.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:04 - May 4 with 3380 viewsTheBlob

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:55 - May 4 by Northernr

"should please you"

Sigh. Presuming by 'you' he means the QPR fans on Twitter that's not good. He cannot keep running the bloody club and making decisions based on what is said to him on social media. Twitter is a place where everybody gets the same amount of characters to address whoever they like on there, no matter how fcking stupid and ignorant they are. The bloke who wanders round Finchley shouting at the parked cars could Tweet Tony Fernandes if he wanted. Some of the stuff that gets Tweeted to Fernandes is fcking alarming and he seems to think it's a massive positive that he's accessible in this way.

I hope this new CEO is a shrewd fcker.

You're on there,why don't you get stuck in?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:14 - May 4 with 3323 viewsrrrspricey

Fcuk me there are some cynical blokes on here (he says patiently waiting for sog to stick his two-penneth worth in).

There's no doubt that TF has made many mistakes but what alternative is there? As Dane said, look at fools, baardiff, dull etc, they'd kill to have someone like tone at the helm of their respective clubs.

Personally I'd rather have someone who makes mistakes but genuinely cares about us as a club than anyone else.
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:18 - May 4 with 3296 viewsQPR_ARG

The bit about the "3 out of 4 seasons in the Premier League" is the one that made me sigh (for lack of a better expression).

Those 3 seasons at the top were UTTERLY HORRIBLE. Just the Jamie Mackie flying header at the Etihad brings a smile to my face when I remember that first season.

The rest or our time in the Premier League, except that day SWP did something very not SWP-like, makes me cringe, cry and lose it!

So I don't see it as something positive or as some kind of achievement.

You can't just do it. You have to do it right.
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:21 - May 4 with 3287 viewsizlingtonhoop

It's all been a bad dream, we'll wake up in the shower with Bobby Ewing, having won the FA cup with Chelsea relegated
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:22 - May 4 with 3277 viewsNorthernr

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:04 - May 4 by TheBlob

You're on there,why don't you get stuck in?

To Fernandes? I find it all a bit cringey. Tweeted Phillip Beard once after a 3-0 loss at Sheff Wed where he was telling people to be positive, and that we'd been hard done to, from the comfort of his all expenses-paid trip and six figure salary while we'd all taken two days off and booked trains, hotels etc to go there.

Twitter serves a purpose for the site, driving traffic back here for articles, message board threads etc. Promotional tool.
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:26 - May 4 with 3243 viewsHollowayRanger

least is sounds as if they are here to stay

which in my book is good news as the last thing we need is someone who cuts and runs leaving us high and broke

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:30 - May 4 with 3223 viewsDiscodroids

probably going to award himself the nobel peace prize for achieving 2 more points than the nadir 0f 2012/13.

Personally i think its the announcement of the inaugural QPR lesbian, gay and transgender supporters club.

looking forward to arriving on mass to bramell lane next season and scattering the blades business crew to the four corners of the earth dressed as diana doors and yootha joyce.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:31 - May 4 with 3210 viewsWeaverQPR

Tony 'Tongues' Incenzo appointed CEO.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:33 - May 4 with 3195 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:59 - May 4 by Hoop_Du_Jour

"I hope this new CEO is a shrewd fcker."

If he was shrewd he wouldn't even attend the interview

Plenty of people would love that job. Fans see things differently to potential employees.
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:35 - May 4 with 3171 viewsHayesender

TF tweets some bollox, and grown men lap it up like some lovestruck teenage girl

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:41 - May 4 with 3137 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:33 - May 4 by CroydonCaptJack

Plenty of people would love that job. Fans see things differently to potential employees.

Yeah, I know. I've still got my head in the sh1tter and on permanent flush after the last three crap matches.

David Bardsley ‏@AcademyQPRUSA 17h17 hours ago

There is Nothing more I would like than the challenge of working as the CEO at QPR and helping the club behind the football scenes.

17 hours ago he posted that....
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:47 - May 4 with 3099 viewsjohncharles

Check out another tweet from Tony ?

Can't be arsed.

Strong and stable my arse.

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:47 - May 4 with 3102 viewsBklynRanger

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:41 - May 4 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Yeah, I know. I've still got my head in the sh1tter and on permanent flush after the last three crap matches.

David Bardsley ‏@AcademyQPRUSA 17h17 hours ago

There is Nothing more I would like than the challenge of working as the CEO at QPR and helping the club behind the football scenes.

17 hours ago he posted that....

Now there's a useful find.

i wonder if Bardsley would be right for a CEO position? Would an academy director have the right 'skill set'?
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:49 - May 4 with 3091 viewsitsbiga

Another round of mindless pap from uncle Tone.
For the love of Pete shut up man.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:56 - May 4 with 3058 viewstimcocking

Personally, i continue to like Tony very much. I blame him for very little and he has my full support and will continue to do so as long as he stays.

My opinion and i'm perfectly entitled to it.
Announcements Tuesday? on 17:15 - May 4 with 2811 viewsitsbiga

You been smoking those herbal jazz cigarettes again?
He hasn't done anything right. As a person I have nothing against him but he is a god awful chairman

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Announcements Tuesday? on 17:17 - May 4 with 2800 viewsWeaverQPR

The Tonettes love him he can do no wrong x

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 17:24 - May 4 with 2769 viewscarlh5266

Karl Oyston & Pol Pot have just announced they care too.
Announcements Tuesday? on 17:25 - May 4 with 2764 viewscarlh5266

John Carver has just announced he cares too.
Announcements Tuesday? on 17:53 - May 4 with 2647 viewsstuabd

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:55 - May 4 by Northernr

"should please you"

Sigh. Presuming by 'you' he means the QPR fans on Twitter that's not good. He cannot keep running the bloody club and making decisions based on what is said to him on social media. Twitter is a place where everybody gets the same amount of characters to address whoever they like on there, no matter how fcking stupid and ignorant they are. The bloke who wanders round Finchley shouting at the parked cars could Tweet Tony Fernandes if he wanted. Some of the stuff that gets Tweeted to Fernandes is fcking alarming and he seems to think it's a massive positive that he's accessible in this way.

I hope this new CEO is a shrewd fcker.

As he communicates to fans via Twitter, maybe he just means it should please the fans in general. I think you're reading too much into that one.

He's made plenty of mistakes. He must have learnt something.
Announcements Tuesday? on 18:14 - May 4 with 2558 viewsMatch82

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:22 - May 4 by Northernr

To Fernandes? I find it all a bit cringey. Tweeted Phillip Beard once after a 3-0 loss at Sheff Wed where he was telling people to be positive, and that we'd been hard done to, from the comfort of his all expenses-paid trip and six figure salary while we'd all taken two days off and booked trains, hotels etc to go there.

Twitter serves a purpose for the site, driving traffic back here for articles, message board threads etc. Promotional tool.

"Promotional Tool"
Is that a reference to twitter or Tony Fernandes?
Announcements Tuesday? on 18:23 - May 4 with 2512 viewsthehat

I've said it before and I'll say it again we are bloody lucky to have the shareholders at the club - Coventry, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Charlton, Leeds, Blackpool, Portsmouth etc etc would welcome them with open arms.

For those who want Tony to go I have yet to hear a viable replacement suggested.
Announcements Tuesday? on 18:25 - May 4 with 2495 viewsTheBlob

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:22 - May 4 by Northernr

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a pop,just thought you could use your not inconsiderable influence to put forward a more balanced view.Too much arse licking and not enough kicking on there.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Announcements Tuesday? on 18:37 - May 4 with 2427 viewsTacticalR

To tweet, or not to tweet, that is the question.

Air hostess clique

Announcements Tuesday? on 19:15 - May 4 with 2251 viewsbaz_qpr

I do think the things he gets accused of particularly sometimes show a little lack of understanding.

Warren Farm - Subject to fierce well organised local residence objections Judicial review, still not actually got anything through the planning / judicial process. Not sure what else he can do apart from keep plugging away at it.

Old Oak - Appointed the team that delivered the emirates for what is an open tender (regardless of landowners - don't believe Car Giant hype) who have made a few ricketts on the way, still in the game plenty to play for

Twitter - If you put yourself out there you are going to get shot down especially when things are going badly. He is a PR man first and foremost, but better to have someone open and engaged than disinterested and uncommunicative.

Season 1 - Sacked Warnock after terrible run (see Crystal Palace and turn around after Pardew took over as to whether Warnock could have turned it around) Hired best available manager on the market with reputation of being club builder, vowed to turn around youth, backed manager in transfer market and bringing Mike Rigg in. Stayed up last day of season, would not have done so without January splurge on Cisse and revitalisation of Adel under Hughes. Hughes bought 3 strikers. STAYED UP

Season 2 - Backed manager in transfer market with reputation of bringing in good foreign imports, brought in players not suited to club. Manager allowed massive split in dressing room between Warnock players and new players. All went to shit. Sacked manager and again replaced with best (on paper manager in market) backed up with Cash in January, bought French international forward, got goals but not good enough to stay up - RELEGATED

Season 3 - Backed manager in transfer market, manager bought ok, Schteve gave us the lift off. Boring Football, but new hero in Austin. Scraped into playoffs. First Wembley game for 32 Years first win at Wembley for 47 years (most fans lifetime) Poorest promoted team by some distance and far worse than Warnocks champions. Fell widely foul of FFP. but FFP probably challengeable especially for small club PROMOTED

Season 4 - Backed manager in transfer market but set budget and kept to it. Manager bought badly, most signings failures. Poor team that failed to use the resources it did have well. Put in DOF (inexperienced but fans favourite) brought in highly regarded youth coach to revamp youth system after Rigg failure. Manager walks / pushed knowing team is not good enough to stay. Rather than pump more money in and risk further FFP issues sticks to budget RELEGATED
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024