Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announcements Tuesday? 14:11 - May 4 with 19926 viewsNov77

Tony's tweeting about announcements been made tomorrow which 'should please you'.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Announcements Tuesday? on 13:55 - May 5 with 3045 viewspeejaybee

Announcements Tuesday? on 13:43 - May 5 by eccles

Why couldn't he have said this yesterday?

Cos he was on oliday.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Announcements Tuesday? on 13:56 - May 5 with 3040 viewsbaz_qpr

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:22 - May 5 by Northernr

He does have half a point though. It's always an announcement about something we're planning to do, or something we've learnt not to do again, and nothing ever comes of it.

Have I missed something, it says they have submitted new revised plans i.e today.

looks like some of the SWF concerns had been addressed.

Surely this is a good thing, can we not stand up and say its a good thing, do we not understand the reasons why its been held up? Lets criticise them for the bad things they do of which there are plenty rather than spinning a take on it to fit in with the grand narrative that some believe
Announcements Tuesday? on 14:17 - May 5 with 2918 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Announcements Tuesday? on 13:56 - May 5 by baz_qpr

Have I missed something, it says they have submitted new revised plans i.e today.

Surely this is a good thing, can we not stand up and say its a good thing, do we not understand the reasons why its been held up? Lets criticise them for the bad things they do of which there are plenty rather than spinning a take on it to fit in with the grand narrative that some believe

Inclined to agree, Baz.

This seems necessary if WF was to progress. And they'd hardly submit a revised PP application without announcing it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:18 - May 5 with 2897 viewsBklynRanger

Is Jamie really 93?
Announcements Tuesday? on 14:36 - May 5 with 2788 viewsSimonJames

The problem is that it smacks of unnecessary spin doctoring to divert the conversation away from post (almost) relegation analysis. When they can announce that the plans have been accepted and the training facility will actually be ready at some point in my lifetime, then it can be considered as real (and beneficial) news.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:00 - May 5 with 2672 viewsted_hendrix

It took the fakes an awful long time to get planning permission which they got about a Month ago.
Their new training facilities are pretty impressive tbh, something like 9 full size pitches, MUGA's a huge building, medical centre etc, etc, the whole thing is to be used by the first team, reserves and the youth academy, all under one roof.
Pains me to say it but they've gone about it in the right way, not saying we haven't mind but these things do take time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:13 - May 5 with 2633 viewsBostonR

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:00 - May 5 by ted_hendrix

It took the fakes an awful long time to get planning permission which they got about a Month ago.
Their new training facilities are pretty impressive tbh, something like 9 full size pitches, MUGA's a huge building, medical centre etc, etc, the whole thing is to be used by the first team, reserves and the youth academy, all under one roof.
Pains me to say it but they've gone about it in the right way, not saying we haven't mind but these things do take time.

Ted - spot on post. I assume the R's team worked with the local planning team to re-shape the proposal. A good news story in a poor season. No doubt that TF has got quite a few things wrong but "Rome was not built in a day". We do have good owners (at last) who are going to stick around and I for one hope they get it right eventually which I think they will. Football is awash with money at every level (maybe good-maybe bad) but that is how the game has changed. I wish TF and the Board the very best.
Announcements Tuesday? on 15:18 - May 5 with 2617 viewsChicken

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:10 - May 4 by BlackCrowe

Well this to me is good news. A lot of poor decisions on players and mangers of course, but his heart is still in it. If he left, none with good intention would touch us with a barge pole with - we'd get owners like those of Cardiff, Leeds, Hull, Fulham. TF gets my support for a while longer yet.

Yes, if only we could have someone like Fat Tony.
Login to get fewer ads

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:53 - May 5 with 2479 viewsW5R

*watch's words carefully*

TF has contacted the powers that be in Ealing for the first time (outside of twitter) for his first 1-2-1 meeting re "a" training ground (this morning)
Announcements Tuesday? on 15:58 - May 5 with 2465 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Announcements Tuesday? on 13:43 - May 5 by eccles

Why couldn't he have said this yesterday?

Because he loves the attention of it all and loves teasing QPR fans with no f*cking outcome

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Announcements Tuesday? on 16:10 - May 5 with 2426 viewseghamranger

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:58 - May 5 by RANGERS4EVER

Because he loves the attention of it all and loves teasing QPR fans with no f*cking outcome

Is that it ffs... I suppose it's better than pics of players training on the website and texts trying to sell tickets..... Oh hold on !! Doi I want tickets for our last game when we will already be relegated.... No ta
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:44 - May 5 with 2326 viewswhittocksRs

If work on the training ground actually gets started I'll soften my stance on Fernandes. Until then it's just more hot air.
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:49 - May 5 with 2305 viewsYorkRanger

Personally disappointed nothing on badge or kit....

Announcements Tuesday? on 17:44 - May 5 with 2140 viewsRuislipHoop

Well if that is the announcement that is going to make us all a lot happier then God help us in the future.We have been hearing about Warren Farm for four years now and not a spade in the ground.
Same old blah blah blah from Tone and co
Announcements Tuesday? on 18:07 - May 5 with 2072 viewsSpiritofGregory

Announcements Tuesday? on 11:11 - May 5 by Juzzie

I know hindsight is an easy thing but the 170-odd million pounds spunked on making an awful lot of players very wealthy should have been spent on the training ground and a big chunk of the stadium.

When we came up under Warnock we had been completely screwed over by Briatore selling a week or so before the window closed meaning we acquired not only bottom of the barrel players but on long and very expensive contracts.
They were available a week before the window closed for a reason..... no one wanted them!! We should have offered them a more reasonable package and if they didn't accept it then no deal. Yet they must have been pi$$ing themselevs laughing at the ludicrous contracty offered such was the desperation of the new owners.

What have any of them actually achieved for QPR anyway? I can only think of 'that' goal at Chelsea and to be honest, I'd rather not have had that if it mean saving £100m+ and being much further down the line with the training grounds etc.

We've been playing catch-up ever since. I'd rather we didn't spend any of that and gone down first time around.
The desperation to be in the PL at all costs has caused so much damage. Get into the PL, yes, but do it right allowing us to be sustainable.

Hopefully they will now be more prgamatic but we've lost 2-3 years (and them a lot of money) as a result.

edit: regarding his comment on the OP "Tired of journalists making up stuff." - is there not a code of practise/conduct etc that journalists have to abide by? I too am sick of the utter ballcrap they seem to be able to come up with without any responsibilty for things like facts or the truth.

[Post edited 5 May 2015 11:43]

I believe that the club actually thought that the first crop of parasites were quality players. They have since gone on to acquire more of the same.

Should have put most of the wasted money into a stadium and adequate training facilities and had a sensible transfer policy. We may have gone down but the club would at least have tangible assets.
Announcements Tuesday? on 18:32 - May 5 with 1999 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wishing you the best with that one Tone but excuse me for not holding my breath.
Announcements Tuesday? on 20:51 - May 5 with 1760 viewsderbyhoop

This was always the likely outcome. The initial plans were approved by Ealing Council. Despite numerous challenges from a small number of local residents, the courts backed the decision. The residents then tried another tack, which could still go on. In the meantime, we try to come up with new plans where the community are less likely to object.

I suspect it will go through this time, with minimal opposition. I hope so.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Announcements Tuesday? on 22:21 - May 5 with 1598 viewsSpiritofGregory

Announcements Tuesday? on 20:51 - May 5 by derbyhoop

This was always the likely outcome. The initial plans were approved by Ealing Council. Despite numerous challenges from a small number of local residents, the courts backed the decision. The residents then tried another tack, which could still go on. In the meantime, we try to come up with new plans where the community are less likely to object.

I suspect it will go through this time, with minimal opposition. I hope so.

The people who objected don't want any type of training ground. They will object again.
Announcements Tuesday? on 00:42 - May 6 with 1463 viewsHooped_Pullie

Announcements Tuesday? on 22:21 - May 5 by SpiritofGregory

The people who objected don't want any type of training ground. They will object again.

If they do, it's back to due process and we go from there.

Btw, I don't think this WAS the only announcement due to go out today. Some other news thought to be ready for release was, in fact, not.

Watch the offish tomorrow and in the days to come. It may be that the FFP fiasco is close to a resolution, allowing us to take our place in the Champ next season.

Only saying, of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024