Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Blackwell 12:44 - Nov 12 with 19276 viewsGetMeRangers

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warnock-brings-in-blackwell-to-assist-him-at-

And what Clarke Carlisle thought of him
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415615/Clarke-Carlisle-Kevin-

And Surely this is supposed to be LF job to appoint coaches
Kevin Blackwell on 18:00 - Nov 12 with 2634 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's Howard Wilkinson doing these days?
Kevin Blackwell on 18:03 - Nov 12 with 2633 viewsPunteR

Kevin Blackwell....?

Brilliant.

Now where's that whisky thread..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Kevin Blackwell on 18:07 - Nov 12 with 2620 viewsterryb

Kevin Blackwell on 14:08 - Nov 12 by NW5Hoop

Got to be all about making himself too hard to replace. How many caretaker managers do you know of who have brought in their own coaching staff?

This appointment won't help him achieve that!
Kevin Blackwell on 18:14 - Nov 12 with 2602 viewspaulparker

Kevin Blackwell on 17:00 - Nov 12 by Jamie

Except its clearly not intended to be for a few weeks.

Warnock is pushing for a dream team of Pearson as manager and himself as DOF, you would imagine with Blackwell as part of the backroom staff.

As said 6 weeks ago when the heavy abuse of Ramsay started, the alternative was a big name dinosaur. The only saving grace is that Allardyce is already employed.

How do you know how long it's going to be and how do you know he is pushing Pearson ?
At the moment NW is caretaker manager and he doesn't have a right hand man he can trust
I don't see the big problem in all of this
NW may be 66 but he isn't silly and has forgotten more about football than Ramsey will ever know
You make me laugh you slag off Warnock as a dinosaur but Ramsey was in his fifties hardly the next young thing coming through was he

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kevin Blackwell on 18:16 - Nov 12 with 2588 viewsterryb

Neil warnock partnered by Kevin Blackwell.

The partnership that made Sheffield United the most unpopular & worst footballing side in The Championship.

If you thought the football was dire under Ramsey, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Kevin Bond would have been a far better choice!
Kevin Blackwell on 18:17 - Nov 12 with 2586 viewsVancouverHoop

Someone needs to get a grip on this clusterf*ck. We're still respectably mid-table, but that can change quickly – for the worse.

Here's a very relevant comparison. Norwegian club Rosenborg won thirteen titles in row to 2004. Their long-time manager Nils Arne Eggen then retired, and his assistant was appointed manager. But Eggen returned as an "advisor" (sound familiar?) He then appointed two assistant managers (also has a familiar ring.) Twenty matches later Rosenborg were in the relegation zone.
Kevin Blackwell on 18:45 - Nov 12 with 2533 viewsGloryHunter

Why has nobody contributed to this thread for half-an-hour? Is everyone as confused as me about the Rosenborg analogy?
Kevin Blackwell on 18:55 - Nov 12 with 2505 viewsVancouverHoop

Kevin Blackwell on 18:45 - Nov 12 by GloryHunter

Why has nobody contributed to this thread for half-an-hour? Is everyone as confused as me about the Rosenborg analogy?

I'm sorry you find it confusing. To me it seems a clear parallel.

A successful, but aging, manager returns to a club and is given – or assumes – responsibilities over the head of those who've replaced him. Including hiring his own staff. This is a recipe for nothing but failure, as the Rosenborg example indicates.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 18:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Kevin Blackwell on 19:01 - Nov 12 with 2492 viewsbillericaydicky

I nearly crashed the car when I heard this news earlier...FFS whatever next? Harry Bassett? Gary Megson? Adie Boothroyd?

I hope we appoint a manager soon and perhaps someone not on the list of usual suspects.
Kevin Blackwell on 19:22 - Nov 12 with 2450 viewsFredManRave

Kevin Blackwell on 13:04 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Lord give me strength.

He can't. He's gone to Cambridge.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Kevin Blackwell on 19:53 - Nov 12 with 2395 viewsNoDiddley

Kevin Blackwell on 16:57 - Nov 12 by w7r

Makes me really Cross.

I got it
Kevin Blackwell on 20:23 - Nov 12 with 2336 viewsonlyrinmoray

What was the final score after NW team talk BTW ? Our present players wont put up with that kind of language They will go off sick and get their agents in meeting with the CEO as fast as you can say wibble
Kevin Blackwell on 20:31 - Nov 12 with 2318 viewsDylanP

Calm down people. People on here are so used to slagging people off, that they actually start the slagging before anything bad has happened.

We have a caretaker manager who has brought in a #2. You don't like that #2? Who cares? He is #2 to the caretaker manager. It doesn't really matter. You are all going ballistic over someone who may not be around in a fortnight.

If Warnock gets appointed full-time, then that is a different matter. But Warnock says he doesn't want the job and so it seems vaguely absurd to be busting blood-vessels over a temporary #2 appointment.

"This proves TF has lost the plot" NO IT DOESN'T! LF asked Warnock to be temporary manager, Warnock said "do you mind if I bring my mate in to help me out for the next few weeks?" and LF said "Sure". That isn't "lost the plot" that is completely normal. Who cares if the #2 is crap if the #1 is up for the task?

Warnock was good enough to get us out of this division once before, so I dare say we can give him the benefit of the doubt for the next few weeks.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Kevin Blackwell on 20:38 - Nov 12 with 2300 viewsBklynRanger

"Who cares if the #2 is crap if the #1 is up for the task?"

It's been quite well documented from NW's time here before that he didn't run many of the training sessions. That was left up to Keith Curle and that other bloke (name escapes me). Things are very unlikely to be different this time. That's why it matters, particularly if the club take a few weeks or months to appoint a successor.
Kevin Blackwell on 20:41 - Nov 12 with 2289 viewsderbyhoop

So what are Steve Gallen and Simon Ireland doing while Blackwell tries to get us playing football from the Dark Ages?

Why not bring in Michael Appleton, Aidy Boothroyd and Reidy Reid as well. Won't be long before we're down in the COnference. Without an FFP sanction.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Kevin Blackwell on 20:49 - Nov 12 with 2269 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kevin Blackwell on 20:31 - Nov 12 by DylanP

Calm down people. People on here are so used to slagging people off, that they actually start the slagging before anything bad has happened.

We have a caretaker manager who has brought in a #2. You don't like that #2? Who cares? He is #2 to the caretaker manager. It doesn't really matter. You are all going ballistic over someone who may not be around in a fortnight.

If Warnock gets appointed full-time, then that is a different matter. But Warnock says he doesn't want the job and so it seems vaguely absurd to be busting blood-vessels over a temporary #2 appointment.

"This proves TF has lost the plot" NO IT DOESN'T! LF asked Warnock to be temporary manager, Warnock said "do you mind if I bring my mate in to help me out for the next few weeks?" and LF said "Sure". That isn't "lost the plot" that is completely normal. Who cares if the #2 is crap if the #1 is up for the task?

Warnock was good enough to get us out of this division once before, so I dare say we can give him the benefit of the doubt for the next few weeks.

I agree with this. The hysteria is a bit OTT.

But it'll never be good news that Kevin Blackwell is involved with QPR!
Kevin Blackwell on 20:53 - Nov 12 with 2253 viewsDorse

I don't wish to fall prey to hyperbole but this is the worst thing ever.

It is even worse than the Kieron Dyer keep fit DVD.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kevin Blackwell on 21:01 - Nov 12 with 2227 viewsAgedR

Kevin Blackwell on 20:41 - Nov 12 by derbyhoop

So what are Steve Gallen and Simon Ireland doing while Blackwell tries to get us playing football from the Dark Ages?

Why not bring in Michael Appleton, Aidy Boothroyd and Reidy Reid as well. Won't be long before we're down in the COnference. Without an FFP sanction.

"Football from the dark ages"

Fair comment, but, struggling to see how I'll notice the difference between this and most of what I've watched for...well for a bloody long time actually.

You know what, in the final analysis, football is really not that sophisticated and, without the relevant personnel, the difference between Guardiolio and Blackwell is probably marginal.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Kevin Blackwell on 21:13 - Nov 12 with 2192 viewsHunterhoop

Kevin Blackwell on 21:01 - Nov 12 by AgedR

Fair comment, but, struggling to see how I'll notice the difference between this and most of what I've watched for...well for a bloody long time actually.

You know what, in the final analysis, football is really not that sophisticated and, without the relevant personnel, the difference between Guardiolio and Blackwell is probably marginal.

Good God, that last statement is incredible!
Kevin Blackwell on 21:16 - Nov 12 with 2184 viewspaulparker

Kevin Blackwell on 20:41 - Nov 12 by derbyhoop

Because we were playing Brazilian like football under super Chris
I seem to remember us tearing the championship a new one under the dinosaur that is Warnock

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kevin Blackwell on 21:17 - Nov 12 with 2182 viewsDannyPaddox

Kevin Blackwell on 16:04 - Nov 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Ferdinand being off abroad and all back home going to hell in a handcart. It has the feeling of Prince John wrecking the joint while Richard the Lionheart was away.

Who's our Robin Hood, though.

Enjoying the references to both Robin Hood and football of the Dark Ages. I suggest we make a cheeky January bid for Maid Marouane Fellaini
Kevin Blackwell on 22:17 - Nov 12 with 2107 viewsAgedR

Kevin Blackwell on 21:13 - Nov 12 by Hunterhoop

Good God, that last statement is incredible!

Sorry Hunter, but, it isn't.

All of the best players play for the best clubs and it wouldn't matter if Brian Clough or the Chuckle Brothers managed them on the margins, they'd still win stuff.

This whole fashion of imagining football as aesthetic is vaguely nonsensical. And if it isn't then surely appreciation of art is subjective?

Yes, the early Barcelona sides, Arsenal, Ajax, etc were lovely on the eye, but, nothing like...Simon Stainrod's long throw, via Bobby Hazell on to Terry Fenwick's nut.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Kevin Blackwell on 22:22 - Nov 12 with 2091 viewsGloryHunter

Kevin Blackwell on 18:55 - Nov 12 by VancouverHoop

I'm sorry you find it confusing. To me it seems a clear parallel.

A successful, but aging, manager returns to a club and is given – or assumes – responsibilities over the head of those who've replaced him. Including hiring his own staff. This is a recipe for nothing but failure, as the Rosenborg example indicates.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 18:56]

Oh, I see.
Kevin Blackwell on 22:40 - Nov 12 with 2054 viewsGetMeRangers

Kevin Blackwell on 22:17 - Nov 12 by AgedR

Sorry Hunter, but, it isn't.

All of the best players play for the best clubs and it wouldn't matter if Brian Clough or the Chuckle Brothers managed them on the margins, they'd still win stuff.

This whole fashion of imagining football as aesthetic is vaguely nonsensical. And if it isn't then surely appreciation of art is subjective?

Yes, the early Barcelona sides, Arsenal, Ajax, etc were lovely on the eye, but, nothing like...Simon Stainrod's long throw, via Bobby Hazell on to Terry Fenwick's nut.

While some of that is true, there is a massive difference between some managers. There is also a difference between having good players and players playing as a team. Often with the latter you can achieve very much more than the sum of the parts. Take my native Northern Ireland. Few to choose from and little rotation a a result. They should never beat the far superior sides with talent oozing at the seams.

I will go out on a limb here, but given the option of Les and CR or a part timer Warnock and Kevin Blackwell, there is no contest for me.

I may have got this wrong, but I have seen suggestions that NW was in giving half time chats during the last couple of CR games? Can someone confirm this?
Kevin Blackwell on 22:43 - Nov 12 with 2045 viewsGloryHunter

Kevin Blackwell on 21:01 - Nov 12 by AgedR

I've got to agree with this. On Saturday I went for a Gypsy's 20 minutes from time, and couldn't muster the enthusiasm to go back up to my seat. So I went home.

The next day I went to see the Arse vs Spurs (mate had a couple of complimentaries). The football was generally entertaining, and sometimes thrilling (Spurs looking really good in spells). It reminded me of why I got hooked on going to football matches in the first place. We haven't had that experience down Loftus Rd for a long time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024