Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 59079 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:43 - Aug 9 with 1514 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Paper interest in Freeman on 20:27 - Aug 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Hiring Hoos and Ferdinand is the epitome of financial prudence, their good work has saved us many multiples of their wages, so they've paid their way and then some.

As for the loans, I'm not a huge fan, but I can live with it now. Warnock was opposed to loads of loans, which was fair enough. Now we're only taking about a couple of loans and they would join a solid core that is stable and hard-working. I can live with that.

And of course he made quite good use of one of our loans turned perms.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:44 - Aug 9 with 1510 viewsdaveB

Hiring Hoos and Ferdinand is the epitome of financial prudence, their good work has saved us many multiples of their wages, so they've paid their way and then some.

As for the loans, I'm not a huge fan, but I can live with it now. Warnock was opposed to loads of loans, which was fair enough. Now we're only taking about a couple of loans and they would join a solid core that is stable and hard-working. I can live with that.

Warnock was against loans when he was with us but did sign Tommy Smith, Ishmael Miller, Chimbonda and Danny Shittu on loan the year we went up. I don't think we should be signing players on loan to block our own kids but adding ones in to help them seems a good idea to me
Paper interest in Freeman on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 1484 viewsMaggsinho

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:44 - Aug 9 by daveB

Warnock was against loans when he was with us but did sign Tommy Smith, Ishmael Miller, Chimbonda and Danny Shittu on loan the year we went up. I don't think we should be signing players on loan to block our own kids but adding ones in to help them seems a good idea to me

Walker and Routledge too.
Paper interest in Freeman on 21:55 - Aug 9 with 1449 viewsPunteR

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:44 - Aug 9 by daveB

we're not planing on going up anytime soon though it seems so completely pointless to bring in loans if its going to block our youth players especially now we're a "selling club".

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paper interest in Freeman on 23:56 - Aug 9 with 1305 viewsVancouverHoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:02 - Aug 9 by joolsyp

I like the cut of your jib VancouverHoop. It's an optimistic jib but I like it nonetheless.

p.s fancy a Whitecaps game soon? Langara are doing 30% off alumni and staff deals.

Yeah. I'm up for that – not that the way they're playing recently is very encouraging. But I'd like to Phonzie once more before he's off to conquer Munich and the world. Do you have a game in mind?
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:51 - Aug 10 with 1184 viewsMyke

I think the difficulty with loans Brian is more a concept than a reality. We got so badly burned with Rednapp's nonsensical 'layering' of the original squad with overpaid loanees who never got a game that we have been put off the idea. But used astutely they can be hugely beneficial (think Walker and Routledge) especially given our financial constraints. The trick is now to identify those targets that are available and will genuinely strengthen the team - this is where Penrice should earn his corn. I'm not convinced we need a striker if we utilise the ones we have to their strengths, but 2 defenders are a must. If Goss is fit it would be good to loan him out too
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:12 - Aug 10 with 1161 viewsfrancisbowles

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:55 - Aug 9 by PunteR

we're not planing on going up anytime soon though it seems so completely pointless to bring in loans if its going to block our youth players especially now we're a "selling club".

Not pointless, if it strengthens us in defence where we are weak and Furlong is not available for maybe 3 to 4 months or if we can get an upgrade on Smith/ Sylla and find a back to goal player who can bring out the best in our young attacking players.

We don't have players ready to step into these roles yet and the right loanees give us an opportunity to develop confidence, maturity and performance of those around them on and off the pitch in training.

It also gives us an opportunity to get a few more of ours out on loan to give them first team football, Dieng and Wheeler already loaned, Oteh hopefully will be the next and maybe Chair, Phillips and some of the other U23s.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:22 - Aug 10 with 1096 viewsR_from_afar

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:55 - Aug 9 by PunteR

In all seriousness, when were we not a selling club? Just because it has only now been stated publicly by one of the management team does not mean it wasn't the case previously.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 1092 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:59 - Aug 9 by vegasranger

If we were really being so financially prudent why have we got both Hoos and Ferdinand? So now we've gone from getting signings in early , to now looking at the loan market. Something I could swear the club said it wasn't going to do moving forward. Clubs a mess.

One's a CEO and the other is Director of Football.

Its like saying why do we have a manager and a chairman?

I would suggest that Mr H has saved this club his salary many times over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024