Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 60340 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:38 - Aug 9 with 3263 viewsmakaveli1882

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:20 - Aug 9 by Northernr

As I've written a couple of times. If you'd said to us in January last year - right, that's good, now do the second half of the season without Smithies, Onuoha, Robinson and Freeman. And by the way, Furlong is injured for January and February. You're allowed one centre back from the German second division by way of compensation. We'd all, rightly have been shitting a large brick and assuming relegation.

It's a huge ask.

I get the logic of most of the moves made. Smithies I thought was cheap, but it enabled us to bring Leistner in and our need for a good centre back was probably more pressing given we've got two good young keepers already. There will be another centre back, although that'll maybe have to be a loan now. I'm not sure why we can't just pay £350k for Hefele, he's great.

Freeman does struggle to fit into this system and there are natural replacements who play that position better already here, so you get offered north of £5m for a player you bought 18 months ago for £350k that might be good business.

But it's a lot fo quality, experience and big dressing room presence to lose all at once. Long, hard, tough season, potentially in front of an increasingly disgruntled and hostile crowd, for a bunch of kids to be coping with. Further complication is if we are looking to patch over the cracks with loans, we'd presumably only be looking for a season long loan, as we can't do a six month loan with a view to buy as we can't buy in January. And even with season longs, we could lose them in January and not be able to replace them.

Worried.

This post has been edited by an administrator

And this is the point, what is the long term plan? staying safe and buying nobody or rubbish free transfers or unknows will only last so long, had 2/3 seasons of this now, if we don't go down this year it will be the year after or the year after that if the module does not change.

Window closes soon, no replacements other than Div 2 German who is now Captain of the club, the club has had months to find players but are getting turned down.

Want to be positive and not write them off but we should be worried.

Saturday is mega, dont want to be coming up against Bristol City or Wigan with no wins before the international break..... Hard times.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:39 - Aug 9 with 3250 viewsenfieldargh

boro apparently making offer for Jed Wallace & George Savill of Millwall

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:40 - Aug 9 with 3217 viewsMytch_QPR

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:36 - Aug 9 by Northernr

you put a deal sheet in, saying it's done in principal, before 5pm, buys you time for all that stuff.

Thanks - sounds similar to my line of work: make an offer on a house, get it agreed then leave it to the legal people and the surveyor.
If this Boro rumour is true it sounds like we could be swapping an Exec detached in Surrey for a lock-up garage in Slough (lock optional extra).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:42 - Aug 9 with 3168 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:25 - Aug 9 by terryb

The usual 52 point safety mark?

It is only every few years that more than 46 points are required (at least from my memory).

That doesn't mean that 52 will be required this year!

* I've just checked & in the last twenty seasons the following applied for the highest placed relegation club.

46 points or less 11
47-50 points 4
50& above points 5

[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 16:45]

You might be right...

Points required for safety, not relying on goal difference

2017/18 43
2016/17 52 (Forest survived on 51 through GD)
2015/16 41
2014/15 42
2013/14 45
2012/13 55 (Peterborough went down with 54, unlucky!)
2011/12 41
2010/11 43
2009/10 48
2008/09 47
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 3120 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:38 - Aug 9 by makaveli1882

And this is the point, what is the long term plan? staying safe and buying nobody or rubbish free transfers or unknows will only last so long, had 2/3 seasons of this now, if we don't go down this year it will be the year after or the year after that if the module does not change.

Window closes soon, no replacements other than Div 2 German who is now Captain of the club, the club has had months to find players but are getting turned down.

Want to be positive and not write them off but we should be worried.

Saturday is mega, dont want to be coming up against Bristol City or Wigan with no wins before the international break..... Hard times.

'Saturday is m...... - thought you were going to say 'must win' there!
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 3020 viewscyprusmel

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many loans you can have.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:49 - Aug 9 with 2973 viewssimmo

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:48 - Aug 9 by cyprusmel

Marcus Bent does

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:51 - Aug 9 with 2907 viewsmakaveli1882

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:44 - Aug 9 by PinnerPaul

'Saturday is m...... - thought you were going to say 'must win' there!

Haha no, but on serious note Wigan may be.

For anyway who is interested Sheff utd and Rangers are both 4/1 to win and both teams to score which is very good odds, double that up with Ipswich to win at Rotherham & btts at 33/1
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:52 - Aug 9 with 2893 viewsrobith

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:42 - Aug 9 by Northernr

You might be right...

Points required for safety, not relying on goal difference

2017/18 43
2016/17 52 (Forest survived on 51 through GD)
2015/16 41
2014/15 42
2013/14 45
2012/13 55 (Peterborough went down with 54, unlucky!)
2011/12 41
2010/11 43
2009/10 48
2008/09 47

I know there's more games, but the numbers always hurt my head

Relegated with 54 points. You get european football with that in the prem
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:54 - Aug 9 with 2846 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:48 - Aug 9 by cyprusmel

The we go

A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;
No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 16:55]
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:00 - Aug 9 with 2685 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Big+Ben+striking+5+o%27clock&&view=detail&m
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 2608 viewsconnell10

Slam!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 2596 viewskropotkin41

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:32 - Aug 9 by EmpireStateRanger

Granted I've only been a fan for 4-5 years now, but has there been a transfer window that hasn't been, at best, a slight disaster?

More or less everything has been a disaster........ including getting promoted under Redknapp......... since about 2011. It's not spotting the disasters which is hard at QPR, it's spotting the things which aren't disasters.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:08 - Aug 9 with 2455 viewsqprd

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:02 - Aug 9 by kropotkin41

More or less everything has been a disaster........ including getting promoted under Redknapp......... since about 2011. It's not spotting the disasters which is hard at QPR, it's spotting the things which aren't disasters.

last transfer window was a success- sold yeni for decent money and offloaded a bunch of deadweight like petrasso, ariel b, el khayati without bringing on more crap
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:09 - Aug 9 with 2442 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:02 - Aug 9 by kropotkin41

Then again, the last twelve months have been among my most enjoyable for a long, long time.

The work of Hoos, Ferdinand, Ramsey and Andy Evans coupled with a great bunch of hardworking and honest young pros has been a joy. Hope it lasts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:12 - Aug 9 with 2331 viewsDieByYourSide

Already a complete meltdown going on on Twitter (what's new?) about our lack of signings, going to be absolute carnage if a deal for Freeman is announced in an hour or so...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:12 - Aug 9 with 2329 viewskropotkin41

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:09 - Aug 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Then again, the last twelve months have been among my most enjoyable for a long, long time.

The work of Hoos, Ferdinand, Ramsey and Andy Evans coupled with a great bunch of hardworking and honest young pros has been a joy. Hope it lasts.

Yeah, I agree. The run up to this season has been worrying, but we do seem to have a plan, albeit one which will involve it seems another relegation fight.

I didn't mean to be a doom-monger. As long as we keep Hoos I remain reasonably hopeful........ no-one put a late bid in for him I hope!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:14 - Aug 9 with 2304 viewswombat

Agree actually could see the plans coming to something , blood youngsters get rid of the dead wood and push on , since they binned Ollie we seem to have hit reset and gone back to the good old days of loans of players who don’t want o be here and give half arsed performances each week
No fan of Mclaren and in the situation we are now in have zero confidence of installing a backs to the wall attitude that Holloway could have bought . Think we have committed suicide this summer and hope that it’s not the death by a thousands cuts it’s looking to be

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:16 - Aug 9 with 2267 viewsdaveB

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:12 - Aug 9 by DieByYourSide

Already a complete meltdown going on on Twitter (what's new?) about our lack of signings, going to be absolute carnage if a deal for Freeman is announced in an hour or so...

some on twitter seem to believe new signings are the only way to win football matches, we still have one of the biggest squads in the league
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:23 - Aug 9 with 2115 viewsMancR

Thanks Brian. A sensible head amongst all the babies bleating. LFW is a like an effing crèche these days.
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:25 - Aug 9 with 2065 viewsJeff

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:23 - Aug 9 by MancR

Thanks Brian. A sensible head amongst all the babies bleating. LFW is a like an effing crèche these days.

may i kindly suggest that sir does not look at 'The Twitter...'

Can we not knock it?

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:32 - Aug 9 with 1947 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:23 - Aug 9 by MancR

To be honest, I understand the fears as well. Just trying to give credit where it's due.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:37 - Aug 9 with 1853 viewsDeepcutHoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:16 - Aug 9 by daveB

some on twitter seem to believe new signings are the only way to win football matches, we still have one of the biggest squads in the league

Wait for another couple of games where Freeman doesn't win the game single-handedly and they'll all be tweeting abuse at Fernandes for not selling him.
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:37 - Aug 9 with 1845 viewsVancouverHoop

Putting on my best Pollyanna smile...

As a club we know how to survive this division, in a sense it's kinda our home. That's not insignificant. Most (OK not all) clubs who get relegated have either just come up or just come down. A squad like ours, if coached and managed properly, should be better placed than most of them to understand what's required.
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:39 - Aug 9 with 1822 viewsRangersw12

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:25 - Aug 9 by Jeff

may i kindly suggest that sir does not look at 'The Twitter...'

Apparently we're already relegated !!

Who cares if we go down anyway some cracking away days in League one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024