Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 60338 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:06 - Aug 9 with 2651 viewsRoller

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:45 - Aug 9 by Blue_Castello

Agree with all your What IFs the bit I'm struggling with is the FFP bit, according to the rules we still have another 21 million before we would go over our limit in the rolling three year contract. These figures are also for last season surely we know by now where we stand and surely the current transfer business is now impacting on season 2018/2019......???
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 9:02]

They know exactly where we stand regarding last years loss, but that isn't the issue. If say we did lose around £18 - £20 million last season, we've got to carry that for this season and next for our FFP calculations. I can't see a problem this year, but next season we do not have the benefit of a parachute payment, so we have to ensure we lose as little as possible this year.
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:14 - Aug 9 with 2593 viewsBlue_Castello

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:06 - Aug 9 by Roller

They know exactly where we stand regarding last years loss, but that isn't the issue. If say we did lose around £18 - £20 million last season, we've got to carry that for this season and next for our FFP calculations. I can't see a problem this year, but next season we do not have the benefit of a parachute payment, so we have to ensure we lose as little as possible this year.

Yeah I understand the rolling three year concept as i posted on the subject on page 10 , how it impacts as one bad year is carried forward, it does start to make me think that last year was Very Bad but then I can't see exactly why we were cutting costs all the time offloading players etc.....
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 9:16]
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:15 - Aug 9 with 2582 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:28 - Aug 9 by Northernr

He needs to keep quiet. As we said, if Middlesbrough offer £6m+ this afternoon he'll be gone, and rightly so, that's a good deal for us, especially if we have some time left to spend it. But people won't see it like that, they'll see it as Fernandes said he wasn't going anywhere and now he's gone = more grief for Fernandes. He gets unfair grief on there, but he does leave himself open to it.

It's also potentially putting Hoos and Ferdinand under pressure. What if they want to sell him? What if they think he doesn't fit in the current system (something a few on here would agree with)? What if they think it's a good deal, good price? What if we need it to get under FFP? What if they've got three other signings lined up but need the money to get them over the line? But their boss has tried to appease Twitter by saying he's not going, so does that tie their hands?

There is also the possibility that this is structured attempt to sell him at a high price; tell clubs he isn't for sale at any price and those that really ant him, and have the moolah, know that they will have to make an offer higher than they thought they would have to. Despite what so may QPR fans think, and vociferously harp on about, TF didn't become a multi millionaire by being stupider than those said fans. I would also hazard a guess that Ruben & Kamarudin, along with Evil Les & Hoos, at a minimum, are all aware of what he is tweeting on a regular basis.

The grass is always greener.

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:18 - Aug 9 with 2556 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:06 - Aug 9 by Roller

Good point. I'm kind of fed up with reading about FFP and wasn't going to comment on it anymore. However just because we can lose £39m over 3 years doesn't mean we have to. Surely the more we have in the bank the better? Imagine in two seasons time Eze is ripping it up and we're thinking we might be able to challinge for promotion. Surely better to strengthen then than to try to appease a load of panicky fans now?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:41 - Aug 9 with 2426 viewsNW10Hoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:09 - Aug 9 by horshamHoop

If they sell him today, then Tony will lose all credibility!!

"Very tiring reading all these tweets on Luke freeman. All offers been rejected . We are doing our best to strengthen not weaken. At least we have players that others want. A far cry. Slowly building the right foundation."

Considering we live in the era of Trump, Tony Fernandes’ tweets are no big deal - taken too literally or held against him for far too long.

Finney on this weeks podcast going back to a tweet where Tony had said he’d retire if a certain signing didn’t work out (was it Mike Rigg?). I read it as an amiable chairman who wants to deliver what he considers to be good news in his own recognisable style. What do some want? Fernandes to quit as soon as it became obvious the signing wasn’t great? Take his money and his backers with him?

Maybe in this instance Tony saying no sale of Freeman will drive the price up a couple of million. Any other chairman does that it’s a shrewd bit of business. With Tony he’d be called a liar and an idiot.

I do wonder why he continues to put himself through the gauntlet of Twitter, but I'm bloody glad he's as upbeat and thick skinned as he is.
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:53 - Aug 9 with 2368 viewskropotkin41

Sky only predicted that we'll stay up because Freeman seemed to be staying at the time.......

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:02 - Aug 9 with 2311 viewsdaveB

My prediction is if we don't sell him then the club/Fernandes will be slated for that decision come the end of the season and if we do sell him the club/Fernandes will be slated now so what they should be doing is ignoring the fans and doing what they think is right as it's their necks on the line.
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:38 - Aug 9 with 2188 viewsterryb

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:45 - Aug 9 by Blue_Castello

Agree with all your What IFs the bit I'm struggling with is the FFP bit, according to the rules we still have another 21 million before we would go over our limit in the rolling three year contract. These figures are also for last season surely we know by now where we stand and surely the current transfer business is now impacting on season 2018/2019......???
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 9:02]

The FFP bit is really quite easy.

IF we lost £20 million last season we would have passed FFP for the three years ending May 2018.

However, that would mean that we have lost approx £27 million for the two years ending May 2018 & would need to keep the loss for this season to less than £12 million. Otherweise, the losses would exceed £39 million for the three years ending may 2019.

Yes, the club will know exactly where they stand & what their financial target is for this season & hopefully the next. It would appear that to achieve this, we need to sell for profit or sign players for f all & inside our salary ceiling.
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:46 - Aug 9 with 2147 viewsconnell10

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:38 - Aug 9 by terryb

IF we lost £20 million last season we would have passed FFP for the three years ending May 2018.

However, that would mean that we have lost approx £27 million for the two years ending May 2018 & would need to keep the loss for this season to less than £12 million. Otherweise, the losses would exceed £39 million for the three years ending may 2019.

Yes, the club will know exactly where they stand & what their financial target is for this season & hopefully the next. It would appear that to achieve this, we need to sell for profit or sign players for f all & inside our salary ceiling.

Agree Tel, but isn't that sort of structure implicated over many years? I think we are sailing to close to the wind on this one!!! By the way looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang on Saturday. Red wine?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:48 - Aug 9 with 2131 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:02 - Aug 9 by daveB

My prediction is if we don't sell him then the club/Fernandes will be slated for that decision come the end of the season and if we do sell him the club/Fernandes will be slated now so what they should be doing is ignoring the fans and doing what they think is right as it's their necks on the line.

@SUPERHOOPA86 is your man this season if you like your meltdowns nuclear, your abuse coarse and your spelling/grammar at pre-school level. There are members of Tony Fernandes' family he probably doesn't hear from as often.
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:50 - Aug 9 with 2118 viewsMedwayR

Paper interest in Freeman on 23:18 - Aug 8 by Myke

2 years which means this time next year his value will be significantly reduced. If we get 4m for him then take it.Over 10 times the initial outlay in 18 months! We have replacements, he is less effective on the wing due to his lack of pace, which is where he will end up playing under any formation that begins with a back 4 unless you drop Eze. Put Smyth on the right, BOS on left and let's stick a few balls in the box for either Smith or Sylla to attack and I guarantee you we won't be the only scoreless team in the Championship for long - oh and spend some of the dosh on a defender, sharpish

In that case I'd rule out selling him now, we can't lose so many influential players in one summer. Sell in Jan (assuming we're not in a relegation battle) for £5m or next summer for £4m. I suspect we could lose him in Jan and then Luongo next summer

Poll: Who’s better?

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 2088 viewsEssex_Ranger

Just looking at his timeline Fernandes now seems to have deleted the tweet.....Probably been told to by the club for reasons already stated!
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:14 - Aug 9 with 1980 viewstimeforheroes

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:54 - Aug 9 by Essex_Ranger

Just looking at his timeline Fernandes now seems to have deleted the tweet.....Probably been told to by the club for reasons already stated!

Still there under 'tweets and replies'
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:16 - Aug 9 with 1968 viewsEssex_Ranger

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:14 - Aug 9 by timeforheroes

Still there under 'tweets and replies'

Ah I see, ........Not quiet down with the kids on this Twitter malarkey!
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:41 - Aug 9 with 1826 viewsHarbour

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:16 - Aug 9 by Essex_Ranger

Ah I see, ........Not quiet down with the kids on this Twitter malarkey!

WLS saying Blackburn offer for freeman rejected
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:45 - Aug 9 with 1804 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:48 - Aug 9 by Northernr

@SUPERHOOPA86 is your man this season if you like your meltdowns nuclear, your abuse coarse and your spelling/grammar at pre-school level. There are members of Tony Fernandes' family he probably doesn't hear from as often.

86 IQ or DOB?
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:50 - Aug 9 with 1767 viewspaulparker

Dan Burn to Brighton for 5 million !!!!! have I missed something, he is sh1t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:58 - Aug 9 with 1697 viewsMytch_QPR

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:50 - Aug 9 by paulparker

Dan Burn to Brighton for 5 million !!!!! have I missed something, he is sh1t

Don't let Konk hear you say that.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:02 - Aug 9 with 1654 viewsBlue_Castello

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:38 - Aug 9 by terryb

Sorry Terry when I said I was struggling with FFP that wasn't true as you will see from my post on page10, what is concerning me is that if we can't compete for signings then the loss last season must have been on the high side even though we spent another season cutting costs and releasing players.

Have to say I still trust Les and Lee but would have hoped for a couple of cheap option signings at centre back and striker, I know people will say they don't exist. That said you may have seen one of my previous posts and I know you reside in Ipswich, I watched the friendly game v West Ham as I was invited while up visiting family. It sticks in the throat but Paul Hurst is doing a good job with his coaching and recruitment, was very impressed with Ellis Harrison 750 k from Bristol Rovers.
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:07 - Aug 9 with 1615 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:02 - Aug 9 by daveB

Ultimately it's the owners' money and they can do what they like, but we have to assume that they are acting in the best interests of the club, in which case you'd hope that they also take the views of Ferdinand and Hoos into account.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:14 - Aug 9 with 1576 viewsenfieldargh

Freeman medical at Blackburn

4.5 million

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:16 - Aug 9 with 1542 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:48 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Well, if the 86 refers to the year he started following us then no wonder he's furious!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:17 - Aug 9 with 1520 viewstraininvain

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:14 - Aug 9 by enfieldargh

4.5 million

Where's this being reported?
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 1500 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:14 - Aug 9 by enfieldargh

4.5 million

Dave McIntyre did predict the following three days ago:-

"Whatever someone will pay. But to answer the question, £4.5m with 15% sell-on and another £1m if promoted. IMO."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 1496 viewsenfieldargh

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:17 - Aug 9 by traininvain

Where's this being reported?

Talk shite

4.5 agreed according to them gits

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024