Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 59078 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:28 - Aug 1 with 3579 viewsAntti_Heinola

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:42 - Aug 1 by BklynRanger

We're so reliant on him for set pieces I'd wonder who would be the next logical choice. Eze? Scowen? Someone Pennie's got his moustachioed eye on? Got to answer that first imho.

Penny's grown a moustache on his *eye*? The man loves a 'tache, I'll give him that.

Bare bones.

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:26 - Aug 1 with 3389 viewsPunteR

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:13 - Aug 1 by Northernr

He put a bit of pressure on the council, basically said we're going to struggle to make a go of things at Loftus Road so if they want the club to stay in the borough the time to support us on LCS is now.

Do the council want us here ?.. such a shame we didnt/couldnt get involved with the redevelopment around Shepherds Bush.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:39 - Aug 1 with 3341 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:42 - Aug 1 by BklynRanger

We're so reliant on him for set pieces I'd wonder who would be the next logical choice. Eze? Scowen? Someone Pennie's got his moustachioed eye on? Got to answer that first imho.

Excellent point.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:53 - Aug 1 with 3299 viewstkqpr

Burnley are yet to make a signing this summer and here's what manager Sean Dyche has had to say about it.

"I’m not concerned about transfers, I’m aware how tough it is," he said.

"The finance has to be there to do deals and the numbers are enormous. It’s a sellers market."

Dyche gets it!! MAybe he ought to come shopping at ours??
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 13:55]
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:30 - Aug 1 with 3229 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:43 - Aug 1 by Myke

I think we all know the model we need to follow. It's good practice anyway for a small club to buy cheap, develop and sell for a profit. We did it in the past and still managed to stay successful on the pitch at the same time. I think of replacing Sinton with Sinclair as the classic example of doing things properly. Then when we stopped doing that, by replacing Ferdinand with Hately for example,it all went pear-shaped. In fact I think this model enhances success because the younger up-and-coming players are hungrier ( for a couple of years anyway) than the player they are ear-marked to replace. Just take the Freeman/Eze debate for the minute. Both talented players but Freeman with a lot more experience at this level. So you know what you are going to get from Luke most weeks, whereas with Eze there will be inconsistencies due to age and inexperience. So selling Freeman (the price is a different debate, I'm much more realistic about the value of our players than others on here) makes sense to a degree, but is also a gamble at this point because we have already lost Smithies, Onouha, Perch, Robinson and Mackie this summer, which is a hell of a lot of experience. In order for kids to thrive and reach their potential they needed to be guided on the pitch by the older guys. But if you retain Freeman, then you may lose BOTH players in 12 months (or even January) if Eze continues to impress.
So the biggest difference between developing players and selling them on and developing their replacement infinitum nowadays and in the 80's/90's, is that the clubs with financial muscle can pick off any player with even a hint of ability before you are ready to sell him and before you have identified a replacement . Southampton (even before the Hughes death-knell appointment) are a good example of that. No matter how good your scouting system is, if the big guns (ie Liverpool) keep hoovering up your players as soon as they begin to show a bit of form, then eventually you are going to struggle both on and off the pitch

"I think of replacing Sinton with Sinclair as the classic example of doing things properly."

How long ago was that football has changed immeasurably since then. Now we could not afford a young Sinclair as they would be on a ridiculous salary wasting away for some top six sides reserves
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 14:31]
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:48 - Aug 1 with 3174 viewsMedwayR

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:30 - Aug 1 by QPR_John

"I think of replacing Sinton with Sinclair as the classic example of doing things properly."

How long ago was that football has changed immeasurably since then. Now we could not afford a young Sinclair as they would be on a ridiculous salary wasting away for some top six sides reserves

Not necessarily, if you take a look at the England squad the majority started off outside of the big clubs and several worked their way up, for example Maguire, Vardy plus you have other examples such as Mawson, Tarkowski, Lookman, Pope, Heaton, Alli who have worked their way up from football league sides. There are still talented players available to fit in with our ethos, all of the above would obviously have been outside of our finances at the moment but maybe not if we were a premier league club as we were when we signed Sinclair, as a football league club we arguably have a wider selection available as the standard of the championship is not as high as the premier league.

Poll: Who’s better?

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:09 - Aug 1 with 3036 viewsMyke

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:30 - Aug 1 by QPR_John

kinda the point I was making John
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:20 - Aug 1 with 2998 viewstimcocking

"Coming to QPR that season was the best decision I've made because I ended up with coaches like Paul Hall, Andrew Impey, Chris Ramsey who's belief in me from the get-go was something I'd never had before.

"The confidence and the freedom that they allowed me to play with was something I'd never had before so it was easy for me to express myself and do things that I'd have wanted to do elsewhere but obviously couldn't, and it's allowed me to shine which is what I've wanted to do for a long time."

Eze
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:36 - Aug 1 with 2982 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:20 - Aug 1 by timcocking

"Coming to QPR that season was the best decision I've made because I ended up with coaches like Paul Hall, Andrew Impey, Chris Ramsey who's belief in me from the get-go was something I'd never had before.

"The confidence and the freedom that they allowed me to play with was something I'd never had before so it was easy for me to express myself and do things that I'd have wanted to do elsewhere but obviously couldn't, and it's allowed me to shine which is what I've wanted to do for a long time."

Eze

We have a comparatively higher number of black coaches than most teams so maybe they aren't inured in the archetypal coaching tenets that their predecessors held in high esteem. I remember reading that Hall & Furlong weren't that interested in results of games but more how the players performed in the game and did they look able to slot into the level of team ahead of them. At the time I thought what a refreshing attitude and approach to reserve team football and hoped that it was a sign of good things to come. So far, I believe it is. I realise that my opening sentence sounds like stereotyping, and that JFH didn't really fit that bill, but there is no disputing that a lot of the predominantly black teams play with a lot more "joie de vivre" than is apparent in the predominantly white sides who seem to worship at the altar of technical ability over exuberance. Eze's comment above would seem to support that notion.

The grass is always greener.

Paper interest in Freeman on 20:49 - Aug 1 with 2771 viewsGroveR

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:20 - Aug 1 by timcocking

Eze

What's Andy Impey coaching? "Dealing with Adversarial Opponents 101: The Right-Hander"

One of the nicest players I ever met off the pitch but had a desire bordering on rabid on the pitch. Altogether not a bad thing.
Paper interest in Freeman on 21:13 - Aug 1 with 2748 viewsBklynRanger

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:28 - Aug 1 by Antti_Heinola

Penny's grown a moustache on his *eye*? The man loves a 'tache, I'll give him that.

Now you see how can it be that this playful correction by Anti, and no disrespect to him because he comes across as a decent sort with a larger than average brain-lump, HOW can it be the case that this gets 4 likes while my original pure gold nugget of laser beam observationing gets none? Unbelievable. Fcuking unbelievable. No wonder the Luke Freemans of this world are undervalued.
Paper interest in Freeman on 23:37 - Aug 1 with 2654 viewsFDC

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:13 - Aug 1 by BklynRanger

Now you see how can it be that this playful correction by Anti, and no disrespect to him because he comes across as a decent sort with a larger than average brain-lump, HOW can it be the case that this gets 4 likes while my original pure gold nugget of laser beam observationing gets none? Unbelievable. Fcuking unbelievable. No wonder the Luke Freemans of this world are undervalued.

The internet's a rough, unforgiving place.
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:42 - Aug 2 with 2536 viewsHunterhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 20:49 - Aug 1 by GroveR

What's Andy Impey coaching? "Dealing with Adversarial Opponents 101: The Right-Hander"

One of the nicest players I ever met off the pitch but had a desire bordering on rabid on the pitch. Altogether not a bad thing.

Genuinely made me laugh out loud on the tube to work. Didn’t he swing at a ref (and miss) once? I swear I remember something like that. Ticking time bomb, Impey. Liked him as a player though. Amazed he’s a coach nowadays, mind. Wasn’t he in the away end at Watford when we got promoted and was on the pitch after the final whistle?
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:49 - Aug 2 with 2521 viewsWatford_Ranger

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:42 - Aug 2 by Hunterhoop

Genuinely made me laugh out loud on the tube to work. Didn’t he swing at a ref (and miss) once? I swear I remember something like that. Ticking time bomb, Impey. Liked him as a player though. Amazed he’s a coach nowadays, mind. Wasn’t he in the away end at Watford when we got promoted and was on the pitch after the final whistle?

Even better he was in the side stand which had been taken over.

Lovely volley in the 4-4 at Port Vale.
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:36 - Aug 2 with 2432 viewshoopdog

Didn't Impy ask Les if he could coach players for no payment , a season or two back ??
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:38 - Aug 2 with 2423 viewsrsonist

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:53 - Aug 1 by tkqpr

Burnley are yet to make a signing this summer and here's what manager Sean Dyche has had to say about it.

"I’m not concerned about transfers, I’m aware how tough it is," he said.

"The finance has to be there to do deals and the numbers are enormous. It’s a sellers market."

Dyche gets it!! MAybe he ought to come shopping at ours??
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 13:55]

It certainly is a sellers market if the only players on your shortlist are Fraser Forster, Craig Dawson and Jay Rodriguez (again).
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:04 - Aug 2 with 2372 viewssimmo

I saw him on the train home once after an Arsenal game (he’s a massive gooner), he was sat there and I had a drink in me so went over and said hello and told him that I was a big fan back in the day and good luck with the coaching, etc. He was great and all the Arsenal fans were wondering who the fck he was — think he really appreciated it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:07 - Aug 2 with 2366 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:04 - Aug 2 by simmo

I saw him on the train home once after an Arsenal game (he’s a massive gooner), he was sat there and I had a drink in me so went over and said hello and told him that I was a big fan back in the day and good luck with the coaching, etc. He was great and all the Arsenal fans were wondering who the fck he was — think he really appreciated it.

Was on the live pod with him a few years ago and went out drinking afterwards. Absolute quality, talking about some of the stuff him and Brevett used to get away with behind the referee's back.

Sinton was on that night as well, talking about how when he'd get home from games his dad would take him through how it had gone and what he could have done better etc. Impey said when he got home his dad was usually stoned
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:44 - Aug 2 with 2292 viewsrsonist

Have to admit a tiny bit of Eze's appeal is just having Rufus' hair back.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:39 - Aug 2 with 2252 viewsGroveR

That rings a bell and I remember thinking "If that had landed he'd be banned for about 400 games.

The legend that is fighty fighty Andy.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:00 - Aug 2 with 2131 viewswestberksr

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:07 - Aug 2 by Northernr

Was on the live pod with him a few years ago and went out drinking afterwards. Absolute quality, talking about some of the stuff him and Brevett used to get away with behind the referee's back.

Sinton was on that night as well, talking about how when he'd get home from games his dad would take him through how it had gone and what he could have done better etc. Impey said when he got home his dad was usually stoned

he played for the same Sunday club as me, just a couple of years below and about 5 times better; always really popular and seemed a nice kid despite being head & shoulders above his team mates.

I always think when they show Sinclair's overhead kick they should add Impey's haymaker to it; 2 of the best moments at LR both within about 20 minutes of each other!
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:57 - Aug 2 with 2020 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:00 - Aug 2 by westberksr

he played for the same Sunday club as me, just a couple of years below and about 5 times better; always really popular and seemed a nice kid despite being head & shoulders above his team mates.

I always think when they show Sinclair's overhead kick they should add Impey's haymaker to it; 2 of the best moments at LR both within about 20 minutes of each other!

Sadly they don't show the punch on the season video. Just the aftermath with players piling in and one of the Barnsley lot spark out on the pitch, twitching slightly. Commentator says gravely "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Andy Impey just landed a right hook."
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:58 - Aug 2 with 2015 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:44 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Have to admit a tiny bit of Eze's appeal is just having Rufus' hair back.

We said that at Union on Saturday, feels like QPR again when there's a lad out there with magnificent dreads.
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:05 - Aug 2 with 1980 viewswestberksr

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:57 - Aug 2 by Northernr

Sadly they don't show the punch on the season video. Just the aftermath with players piling in and one of the Barnsley lot spark out on the pitch, twitching slightly. Commentator says gravely "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Andy Impey just landed a right hook."

in my distant memory I'm sure I keep imagining just how good a punch it was!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 14:06]
Paper interest in Freeman on 15:17 - Aug 2 with 1788 viewsDeepcutHoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:05 - Aug 2 by westberksr

in my distant memory I'm sure I keep imagining just how good a punch it was!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 14:06]

Could see it coming as he ran in, a full force, flat out right-hander

Possibly the best red I've seen a QPR player get for a punch

One of the worst was an LDV game (in extra time) where Trev got sent off for smacking someone who pulled his hair. Terrible game, was a usual cup performance and exit, and I remember being livid that Sinclair got applauded off by some of our fans.

Was furious that anyone was on his side, he allowed himself get suckered into it,was obviously the aim of the sneaky tug.

Shows what a difference the game can have on your interpretation of events. Both blatant punches, Impey's was just funny in context.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024