Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 59090 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:10 - Jul 29 with 2930 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:53 - Jul 29 by Northernr

We're not ok for FFP this season, we're right on the line.
That said, £3m would be a joke, as it was for Smithies.

As I understand it under the old system the punishment was based on how much the allowable debt was exceeded. What is the punishment under the new rules. Does exceeding FFP by £1 attact the same as exceeding by £1M
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 12:12]
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:20 - Jul 29 with 2881 viewsrsonist

Apparently [paper bollocks]. Would be [speculative bollocks] #boshthread
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:05 - Jul 29 with 2735 viewsdaveB

I do love how some press speculation about a club possibly bidding 3 million for Freeman which we might not accept and that leads to so much anger from people. It's crazy
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:11 - Jul 29 with 2706 viewsTacticalR

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:05 - Jul 29 by daveB

I do love how some press speculation about a club possibly bidding 3 million for Freeman which we might not accept and that leads to so much anger from people. It's crazy

You need to get your anger in early.

Air hostess clique

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:27 - Jul 29 with 2661 viewsElHoop

If we're not OK for FFP then we need to sell players but I would prefer that to happen in January than now. We can sell in January but we can't buy, so if we have any chance of making the top 6 then why damage it now, for such a small sum of money? If we're as bad as loads of people on here seem to think that we are, then we'll be in a lot of trouble in January and will probably have to sell a few players to keep FFP at bay, given that our gates might have suffered. But what if these people are wrong and we start well and keep in contention? We can't strengthen in January - surely we keep our options open for as long as possible? Teams in contention without FFP concerns will be looking to strengthen in January so I doubt that Freeman will be worth any less than this current so called £3m 'valuation'.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:36 - Jul 29 with 2645 viewsDejR_vu

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:11 - Jul 29 by TacticalR

Too right. These crises come thick and fast. Need to grab them before the next one comes along

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:48 - Jul 29 with 2605 views1JD

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:27 - Jul 29 by ElHoop

If we're not OK for FFP then we need to sell players but I would prefer that to happen in January than now. We can sell in January but we can't buy, so if we have any chance of making the top 6 then why damage it now, for such a small sum of money? If we're as bad as loads of people on here seem to think that we are, then we'll be in a lot of trouble in January and will probably have to sell a few players to keep FFP at bay, given that our gates might have suffered. But what if these people are wrong and we start well and keep in contention? We can't strengthen in January - surely we keep our options open for as long as possible? Teams in contention without FFP concerns will be looking to strengthen in January so I doubt that Freeman will be worth any less than this current so called £3m 'valuation'.

We are well inside of the £13m allowed annual loss for last season. Wait and see. Too many people putting 2 and 2 together (big wage bill plus reduced parachutes) and assuming the worst.

As for this season we will turn an Operating PROFIT.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:51 - Jul 29 with 2595 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I would be disappointed but not heartbroken if we lost Freeman, but either way, the team has to get at least double the reported fee for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:15 - Jul 29 with 2518 viewsAddinall

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:46 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

I was once told by a very old and wise QPR supporter that the first 85 years are the hardest

I've done 73 years and counting and I have to agree.
Paper interest in Freeman on 15:07 - Jul 29 with 2426 viewssmegma

A discussion on a newspaper 'rumour' and the club gets abuse ??!!

Everyone, please read Clive's comments in yesterday's programme. It may strike a chord.

Also, read McLarens piece in the same programme.
Paper interest in Freeman on 15:08 - Jul 29 with 2420 viewsBoston

Thought Freeman was a great buy and still do. He may only be valued at three million to another club but he's worth double that to this team. I'd be pissed to see him go.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:45 - Jul 29 with 2257 viewsSnipper

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:07 - Jul 29 by smegma

Everyone, please read Clive's comments in yesterday's programme. It may strike a chord.

Couldn’t go yesterday. Any chance you could post what was said in the programme?
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:21 - Jul 29 with 2179 viewsRoller

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:48 - Jul 29 by 1JD

We are well inside of the £13m allowed annual loss for last season. Wait and see. Too many people putting 2 and 2 together (big wage bill plus reduced parachutes) and assuming the worst.

For the 2017/18 season? Do you really believe that?

Fortunately it is £39 million over 3 seasons and we have some in hand from the previous two.
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:28 - Jul 29 with 2170 viewsBlue_Castello

Wow that's a worry as you state in your article we are allowed a loss of 39 million over three years and according to your figure we lost 18 million in the first two. Simple maths means we can loose 21 million in the third year and that's the season just gone which as far as I understand still qualified for reduced parachute payments.

Surely the club knows already if they have reached the 21 million figure and wouldn't any future spending now qualify for year 4. If so and it's a rolling three year period we do have to be very careful but I would hope there is enough to support a couple of transfers and also stop us from selling our best players before the season starts.

Just trying to get my head round exactly where we stand at the moment as there are some very promising green shoots and I was hoping we could now keep the current squad together, the wage bill has been slashed which must help significantly.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 17:31]
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:31 - Jul 29 with 2161 viewsPinnerPaul

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:05 - Jul 29 by daveB

Some people don't need much to get angry on here!
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:36 - Jul 29 with 2151 viewsRoller

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:28 - Jul 29 by Blue_Castello

Wow that's a worry as you state in your article we are allowed a loss of 39 million over three years and according to your figure we lost 18 million in the first two. Simple maths means we can loose 21 million in the third year and that's the season just gone which as far as I understand still qualified for reduced parachute payments.

Surely the club knows already if they have reached the 21 million figure and wouldn't any future spending now qualify for year 4. If so and it's a rolling three year period we do have to be very careful but I would hope there is enough to support a couple of transfers and also stop us from selling our best players before the season starts.

Just trying to get my head round exactly where we stand at the moment as there are some very promising green shoots and I was hoping we could now keep the current squad together, the wage bill has been slashed which must help significantly.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 17:31]

And therein lies the problem. If last season was a £21 million loss, we've got to carry that in our FFP calculations for the next two season as well. This season should be OK as we still have a parachute payment, but the one after that could be really sticky.
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:38 - Jul 29 with 2142 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:48 - Jul 29 by 1JD

Do you honestly think I’d be reporting that off a back of an envelope calculation I’d done myself rather than meeting with people and asking them about it?
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:41 - Jul 29 with 2132 viewsBlue_Castello

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:36 - Jul 29 by Roller

And therein lies the problem. If last season was a £21 million loss, we've got to carry that in our FFP calculations for the next two season as well. This season should be OK as we still have a parachute payment, but the one after that could be really sticky.

Agreed the sooner we know last season's figures the easier it will be to understand the current state of affairs
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:06 - Jul 29 with 2061 viewsNW5Hoop

It's always pointless deciding whether a player is overvalued or undervalued. A player is worth what the market decides; sometimes it looks like the market is ridiculous, either too high or too low, but it's still the market price (the classic example is Andy Carroll, when Liverpool bought him and sold Torres: they didn't necessarily think Carroll was worth £35m, but they wanted to have £15m profit on selling Torries and buying his replacement; so once Newcastle said Carroll was worth £35m, Liverpool said fine, and told Chelsea Torres was worth £50m). After the 1998 World Cup, I was interviewing Colin Hutchinson, then the chief exec at Chelsea, who had just signed Marcel Desailly for £5.6m. I congratulated him on getting Desailly so cheaply, and he explained that he hadn't got Desailly cheaply, he'd got him for what the market — based on other bidders, length of contract, desire of Milan to sell, other options Chelsea had to buy, and so on — had decided his worth to be.

So Freeman might very well be worth only £3m to whoever it is that is reputedly interested in him. Boro and West Brom may have other options; they know we are short of money; there isn't a shortage of attacking midfielders in English football (we've got 179 of them) and so on and so on.
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:25 - Jul 29 with 2009 viewsDorse

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:11 - Jul 29 by TacticalR

Rage banking is the new overreacting.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:35 - Jul 29 with 1994 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:07 - Jul 29 by smegma

You are missing the point that some QPR "fans" only exist to abuse and slate the club. They also think that they are still QPR fans too.

The grass is always greener.

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:54 - Jul 29 with 1961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:36 - Jul 29 by QPR_John

Smithies gone for £4M, Freeman for possibly £3M then there is Luongo what should we sell him for. What is acceptable to most £4M?. So that could be 3 first team players for £11M when we see teams getting more than that for one player. I'll accept for arguments sake we are a selling club but surely we cannot get anywhere if we sell at those prices.

John, I agree completely but given the FFP restrictions I don't think we have a choice, do we?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:00 - Jul 29 with 1954 viewsTGRRRSSS

The bottom line is we've got bills and a fine to pay and keep within certain restrictions, so yes if someone's onterested Freeman may well be sold and for less than if we didnt have FFP fine for 1 thing.

AS this is QPR you can expect that the normal way of things for basically any other club in at least the top 2 divisions are simply not somehow.

Look at Norwich sales for proof of this.

I suppose Portsmouth got hammered in other ways maybe worse than us but generally speaking....

Also Freeman is home grown and this is also something to be taken into account.
Paper interest in Freeman on 19:08 - Jul 29 with 1937 viewssmegma

Paper interest in Freeman on 16:45 - Jul 29 by Snipper

Couldn’t go yesterday. Any chance you could post what was said in the programme?

Clive wrote " Yay pre-season. The bit where footballers run up hills in the blazing sunshine, and supporters jump to conclusions based on games that bear no relation to the real thing. Who will start? How will we defend? Is the attack strong enough? Beats me mate".

While McLaren said "As we head into the new season, all I ask for is a little patience from you , the QPR fans, in terms of what we are trying to build and develop. We've a young squad that we're trying to bring through"..........he went on "There will be mistakes, but please get behind the lads like I know you can do. Our young players need that, and we just want to build a side that plays good, attractive football."

Well we played some very decent and attractive football against Union Berlin yesterday and the last 30 minutes in Eppingen the weekend previously.

Meanwhile, Tony Incenzo informed us "the favourite snack food at German stadiums is currywurst, a delicious form of curried sausage"
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 19:10]
Paper interest in Freeman on 19:09 - Jul 29 with 1930 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:54 - Jul 29 by BrianMcCarthy

John, I agree completely but given the FFP restrictions I don't think we have a choice, do we?

This cannot go on. If FFP has reduced this club to selling players for peanuts then it is badly flawed. Surely (hopefully but I have doubts) it was not designed this way but the consequence of it is to reduce the game to who can generate the best income, who has the biggest ground. You can only go so far selling players there will be some seasons when the raw material is not there. If this is were we are under FFP then FFP has killed the dream many clubs, not least us, have of being successful. FFP is bad enough but when Premier League clubs are now allowed to hoover up talent we are presented with a double whammy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024