Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Troy Parrot 17:57 - Jan 27 with 13929 viewsGloucs_R

I'm not sure what football insider is like but they are claiming to have an exclusive that we have made a move for Spurs young forward Troy Parrott

He's only 17 🤪
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 17:58]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Troy Parrot on 13:12 - Jan 28 with 1947 viewspaulparker

Troy Parrot on 13:02 - Jan 28 by daveB

No different to Wells really, could easily get him on loan this season and again next year as we once did with Adel. I do agree about developing our own but think it would be a risk to go into second half of the season with Oteh as main back up striker. I'd have brought Smyth back instead of signing Clarke though

Why not we are not going up or down the season is done for us, now is the chance to give these lads a go especially smyth as we know what he can do , give the lad a run it’s got to be more beneficial than playing spurs youth striker or are we locked into some deal with spurs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Troy Parrot on 13:12 - Jan 28 with 1947 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Troy Parrot on 13:06 - Jan 28 by RblockPrior

No thanks, I am sure he will be a great player in a few years but I would rather develop the players we own than those from Spurs. I don't mind a couple but we already have Amos, Clarke and Smith we are developing for other clubs to benefit

Hardly developing Smith are we?
Troy Parrot on 13:14 - Jan 28 with 1933 viewsRblockPrior

Troy Parrot on 13:12 - Jan 28 by CroydonCaptJack

Hardly developing Smith are we?

Well no but we are still paying part/all of his wages and he is not our player

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Troy Parrot on 13:27 - Jan 28 with 1874 viewsdaveB

Troy Parrot on 13:12 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Why not we are not going up or down the season is done for us, now is the chance to give these lads a go especially smyth as we know what he can do , give the lad a run it’s got to be more beneficial than playing spurs youth striker or are we locked into some deal with spurs

I agree on Smyth as think he has potential and if we don't give him a go we'll never know if he is good enough.

I do think we will need another striker though if Wells doesn't come back and rather than spend money and panic buy I'd go down the loan route again
Troy Parrot on 13:35 - Jan 28 with 1827 viewsLowerloftLad

Cant we look at pushing bos upfront his pace and the timing of his runs just seem to be getting better and better

Dont know much on this guy but if he is a good player wont we just be in the same situation but in 6 months time
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 13:36]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Troy Parrot on 13:43 - Jan 28 with 1765 viewssmegma

Troy Parrot on 12:46 - Jan 28 by paulparker

But his not our player and we won’t see the long term effects for our benefit
He could come and just p1ss about , why not play smyth or oteh and develop them rather than a spurs 17 year old
The club is moaning and groaning about Burnley stitching us up but we are the fools we are the ones who have show cased Wells and now Burnley will get 8 million for a bloke they were probably going to give away , the club is still being run in a two Bob way

"The club is moaning and groaning about Burnley stitching us up "

Really ?
Troy Parrot on 13:46 - Jan 28 with 1747 viewsdaveB

Troy Parrot on 13:35 - Jan 28 by LowerloftLad

Cant we look at pushing bos upfront his pace and the timing of his runs just seem to be getting better and better

Dont know much on this guy but if he is a good player wont we just be in the same situation but in 6 months time
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 13:36]

I'm happy with him on the wing but when he first joined Holloway played him up front against Bristol City and he had a really good game, certainly has the attributes with his pace and strength to do the role but might find it harder more centrally where there is less space to run at people
Troy Parrot on 13:47 - Jan 28 with 1732 viewspaulparker

Troy Parrot on 13:43 - Jan 28 by smegma

"The club is moaning and groaning about Burnley stitching us up "

Really ?

Lee Hoos was apparently on Friday night

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Troy Parrot on 13:53 - Jan 28 with 1692 viewsLblock

Troy Parrot on 13:47 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Lee Hoos was apparently on Friday night

This is confirmed.

Our Lancashire mates were being chastised behind the scenes via the exec boxes

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Troy Parrot on 14:28 - Jan 28 with 1571 viewsPinnerPaul

Troy Parrot on 12:46 - Jan 28 by paulparker

But his not our player and we won’t see the long term effects for our benefit
He could come and just p1ss about , why not play smyth or oteh and develop them rather than a spurs 17 year old
The club is moaning and groaning about Burnley stitching us up but we are the fools we are the ones who have show cased Wells and now Burnley will get 8 million for a bloke they were probably going to give away , the club is still being run in a two Bob way

Haven't seen any quotes from the club moaning and groaning about Wells, plenty on here, but then we moan and groan about EVERYTHING!
Troy Parrot on 14:30 - Jan 28 with 1560 viewsPinnerPaul

Troy Parrot on 13:06 - Jan 28 by RblockPrior

No thanks, I am sure he will be a great player in a few years but I would rather develop the players we own than those from Spurs. I don't mind a couple but we already have Amos, Clarke and Smith we are developing for other clubs to benefit

By that logic we are benefitting from other clubs with our loans out?
Troy Parrot on 14:34 - Jan 28 with 1544 viewsrsonist

It's pretty simple. Just signing experience - bad. Just academy loans - bad. Just continental - bad. Just lower league - bad. Right balance of everything - good.
Troy Parrot on 14:46 - Jan 28 with 1500 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Troy Parrot on 13:14 - Jan 28 by RblockPrior

Well no but we are still paying part/all of his wages and he is not our player

I agree it is preferable to develop our own players but other than Smyth I am not sure we have any young strikers who can step up yet. I would be fine with bringing this lad in for a while whilst we either buy or develop our own.
Troy Parrot on 15:07 - Jan 28 with 1429 viewsBuckR

Now being reported by Sky Sports

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11919912/qpr-turn-to-tottenhams-tr

This would be the most baffling of the lot should it happen! Why on earth would we need him? As people have said I'd rather chuck Oteh in at the deep end than another Spurs kid
Troy Parrot on 15:14 - Jan 28 with 1401 viewsDavieQPR

Where the hell does PaulParker get that Wells is worth £8million.
Troy Parrot on 15:29 - Jan 28 with 1337 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Troy Parrot on 15:14 - Jan 28 by DavieQPR

How does anyone form a basis on player value or wages?

I genuinely don’t know.

Is there some kind of points system that clubs use?
Troy Parrot on 15:44 - Jan 28 with 1262 viewsfrancisbowles

Troy Parrot on 15:07 - Jan 28 by BuckR

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11919912/qpr-turn-to-tottenhams-tr

This would be the most baffling of the lot should it happen! Why on earth would we need him? As people have said I'd rather chuck Oteh in at the deep end than another Spurs kid

I think it's preferable that players are able to develop at their own pace and without too much pressure. Oteh hasn't been pulling up any trees during his loans and could sink if we put him in too early. He needs to get more games under his belt, if he is to become some sort of asset to us. He is more likely to get that first team football where he is.

The Spurs youngster is starting at a higher level than us, so he needs to move down to get more first team minutes. We might benefit in the short term as either Oteh progresses or we look elsewhere in the summer for next season and beyond.
Troy Parrot on 15:53 - Jan 28 with 1216 viewspaulparker

Troy Parrot on 15:14 - Jan 28 by DavieQPR

Where did I say wells was worth 8 million ?

Troy Parrot on 15:56 - Jan 28 with 1195 viewsBuckR

Troy Parrot on 15:44 - Jan 28 by francisbowles

I think it's preferable that players are able to develop at their own pace and without too much pressure. Oteh hasn't been pulling up any trees during his loans and could sink if we put him in too early. He needs to get more games under his belt, if he is to become some sort of asset to us. He is more likely to get that first team football where he is.

The Spurs youngster is starting at a higher level than us, so he needs to move down to get more first team minutes. We might benefit in the short term as either Oteh progresses or we look elsewhere in the summer for next season and beyond.

Agree to an extent but it could well be the team hes playing in. Sticking him in front of Bright, Eze & Chair could do wonders for him. Even I'd bag double figures in a season with them behind me
Troy Parrot on 15:58 - Jan 28 with 1190 viewsRblockPrior

My bigger worry is the signal this gives out to some of our youngsters who have been overlooked and have seen Clarke come in who imo was shocking on Friday and now a 17 year old unproven striker who will get a big shock when some of those big championship defenders get hold of him

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Troy Parrot on 16:09 - Jan 28 with 1128 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Troy Parrot on 15:07 - Jan 28 by BuckR

How is it baffling?
One loan striker out and another in.
Troy Parrot on 16:21 - Jan 28 with 1072 viewssmegma

Troy Parrot on 13:00 - Jan 28 by R_from_afar

But the club is developing Oteh and Smyth. They are on loan at clubs at which they are likely to get a lot of playing time. This is the approach which has worked with Chair and Eze.

FFP makes it very difficult to bring in ready-made solutions. They are simply too expensive, hence the loans. OK, so Wells' loan has boosted his value but Rangers have benefited from his goals in the process.

The club is not being run in a two bob way. We now have players in the first team who have been given valuable experience out on loan, who are now first team regulars, and who now, themselves, are probably worth £8m each.

It's not that we haven't got money to spend, it's simply that we can't because the football authorities have decided that a FFP system based on a club's revenues is fair. It is not, it is biased towards "the big clubs," clubs whose grounds in some cases hold more than twice as many fans as ours.

Smyth has hardly kicked a ball in the last 4-5 months
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 17:47]
Troy Parrot on 16:25 - Jan 28 with 1041 viewsspencer

I assume, Oteh is not exactly impressing much at Bradford at the moment....our other loan striker , Jan Mlakar the same. Pretty sure we are not going after the lad from Dundee. Troy Parrot is in Tottenham's first team squad, so..Plus, we appear to be Tottenham's feeder club for un tried youth at present.Which, is not a bad thing, as long as we continue to develop what we have at present.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 16:26]
Troy Parrot on 16:26 - Jan 28 with 1035 viewsAntti_Heinola

Troy Parrot on 15:53 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Where did I say wells was worth 8 million ?

'The club is moaning and groaning about Burnley stitching us up but we are the fools we are the ones who have show cased Wells and now Burnley will get 8 million for a bloke they were probably going to give away , the club is still being run in a two Bob way'

Bare bones.

Troy Parrot on 16:30 - Jan 28 with 1026 viewspaulparker

Troy Parrot on 16:25 - Jan 28 by spencer

I assume, Oteh is not exactly impressing much at Bradford at the moment....our other loan striker , Jan Mlakar the same. Pretty sure we are not going after the lad from Dundee. Troy Parrot is in Tottenham's first team squad, so..Plus, we appear to be Tottenham's feeder club for un tried youth at present.Which, is not a bad thing, as long as we continue to develop what we have at present.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 16:26]

Harry Kane never really impressed on loan and neither did Andros Townsend , Wilfred Zaha but when they got a run at their clubs or were more settled they became good players
Now is the time to play lads like smyth & oteh , we have nothing to play for now I really don’t see why we are playing a spurs youth player instead of our own

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024