Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley post match comments 21:29 - Dec 29 with 6476 viewsHooparoo

Apparently we were “unlucky” and everyone tried hard. Which fcking game was he watching? The excuses are out already after only 3 games FFS!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Critchley post match comments on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 4621 viewssdm1508

Or maybe unlike Beale he reads the riot act behind doors rather than out in public. He is new through the door trying to build a bond and relationship with the players and maybe for the moment he will tell them what is what in the changing room. Can't lose the team this early in his tenure, even if we all think some/all of them should be called out after a shambolic performance
Critchley post match comments on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 4611 viewsbosh67

We need to give the guy time!

That said, it was a bit like a dad at a kid’s sports day. It’s not the winning that counts, it’s the taking part that counts. They lost 3 nil but look at their little faces.

He did okay for the first few games. Kept it tight. Now he’s seeing the real size of the challenge. Not having any strikers on the bench doesn’t help.

On a slightly brighter note, possibly build a team around Richards and we may just do something.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Critchley post match comments on 21:43 - Dec 29 with 4536 viewsPikey

Build a team round richards?? You are having a laugh

No reason given for leaving out our best player in willock no excuse for abysmal defending. 67%possession sounds good until you look and it's in OUR final third.
Hope I'm wrong but this guy looks out of his depth. What's he seen in Shodipo that his predecessors have missed? Not a lot based on tonight, if Glasgow rs are coming for dykes I'll drive him up there. Armstrong? Injured?
Critchley post match comments on 21:43 - Dec 29 with 4529 viewsAntti_Heinola

Critchley post match comments on 21:36 - Dec 29 by bosh67

That said, it was a bit like a dad at a kid’s sports day. It’s not the winning that counts, it’s the taking part that counts. They lost 3 nil but look at their little faces.

He did okay for the first few games. Kept it tight. Now he’s seeing the real size of the challenge. Not having any strikers on the bench doesn’t help.

On a slightly brighter note, possibly build a team around Richards and we may just do something.

I thought the 'ooh 2 clean sheets' was generous at the time, and today proved it. Preston had a golden chance, Cardiff had three golden chances - only luck that all 4 went begging. I didn't see much difference in the Preston game to what was happening and is still happening.
But we were told by Blackpool that when backs against the wall he'd get a result - let's hope that's right.

Bare bones.

Critchley post match comments on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 4500 viewsloftus77

Yep - everyone disgruntled tonight (totally understandably) but what exactly is NC publicly and on-the-record meant to say?

These post-match interviews with managers are purely fulfilling paid media commitments - they will always mean absolutely nothing.
Critchley post match comments on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 4500 viewsNorthantsHoop

Let's face it he has to operate with a team cobbled together by Warburton and the one who shall not be named. If Critchley is going to make a go of it then will need to somehow get them to the end of the season without going down and start the re-build.
Critchley post match comments on 21:48 - Dec 29 with 4447 viewsManinBlack

Northern's fine preview of this game does try to warn us what the manager's will come out with before and after a game to deflect from reality.
Critchley post match comments on 21:52 - Dec 29 with 4379 viewsLogman

NC in denial. That was absolute cack from us today and no small measure of that is down to the management team who sent out a toothless 11 to start and just replaced, like-for-like with no idea about getting someone alongside Dykes or sorting out our ineffectual central midfield. Really disappointed with the management team today. The set up clearly didn't work but we just continued with it ostrich-like while Luton rang rings around us going forward. NC is going to have to grow a pair of cojones sharpish and tell the players they need to show more drive or they will be shown the door. How Tim Iroegbunam stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes remains a Christmas mystery to me.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 21:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley post match comments on 21:52 - Dec 29 with 4370 viewssdm1508

Critchley post match comments on 21:43 - Dec 29 by Pikey

Build a team round richards?? You are having a laugh

No reason given for leaving out our best player in willock no excuse for abysmal defending. 67%possession sounds good until you look and it's in OUR final third.
Hope I'm wrong but this guy looks out of his depth. What's he seen in Shodipo that his predecessors have missed? Not a lot based on tonight, if Glasgow rs are coming for dykes I'll drive him up there. Armstrong? Injured?

No reason needs to be given for Wilock being left out to be honest. We can all see. He isn't fit, lacking confidence and looks worried about his injury. Beale admitted he got players back from injury too soon and this is what we are seeing. Needs to be brought back in slowly. Come on as a sub against teams getting tired and build him up that way. Not ideal but maybe the best approach. Richards could okay his role
Critchley post match comments on 21:57 - Dec 29 with 4261 viewsDamo1962

Critchley post match comments on 21:36 - Dec 29 by bosh67

We don't have any strikers on the pitch...never mind the dug-outs.Until that is sorted, he won't be changing our fortunes very much. Thought he had at least made us harder to beat - but we just rolled over yet again at home. I thought if we might get a hard won draw at best, and was really expecting the team to be up for it tonight, but clearly they weren't. The result against Sheff Utd is almost irrelevant, it will be the performance I will be concentrating on. If we let them walk off with the points as easily as we did tonight...then he will have learned nothing from tonight.
Critchley post match comments on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 4194 viewsstainrods_elbow

Critchley post match comments on 21:48 - Dec 29 by ManinBlack

Northern's fine preview of this game does try to warn us what the manager's will come out with before and after a game to deflect from reality.

As I point out on my thread, only if we let them!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Critchley post match comments on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 4250 viewseastside_r

Critchley post match comments on 21:46 - Dec 29 by loftus77

Yep - everyone disgruntled tonight (totally understandably) but what exactly is NC publicly and on-the-record meant to say?

These post-match interviews with managers are purely fulfilling paid media commitments - they will always mean absolutely nothing.

Yeah. Can’t remember the last time that I actually listened to one, let alone when I listened and thought I had been mentally nourished.

What he does next is what matters.
Critchley post match comments on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 4240 viewstraininvain

Critchley will know that the performance today was unacceptable and I’m sure he’ll let the players know the same but to say that publicly would be tantamount to writing his own resignation letter. He needs to create an ‘us against them’ mentality with the players and throwing them under the bus at the first opportunity would be suicidal.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:11]
Critchley post match comments on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 4229 viewsHooparoo

We wouldn’t want the poor little petals getting upset from a gaffer that tells the truth would we? Ok to treat the fans like mugs though. 🤷🏻

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Critchley post match comments on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 4131 viewsstainrods_elbow

Critchley post match comments on 21:59 - Dec 29 by Hooparoo

We wouldn’t want the poor little petals getting upset from a gaffer that tells the truth would we? Ok to treat the fans like mugs though. 🤷🏻

This! Those who need to go and meditate on it - do!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:03]

Critchley post match comments on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 4098 viewsstainrods_elbow

Critchley post match comments on 21:59 - Dec 29 by traininvain

Critchley will know that the performance today was unacceptable and I’m sure he’ll let the players know the same but to say that publicly would be tantamount to writing his own resignation letter. He needs to create an ‘us against them’ mentality with the players and throwing them under the bus at the first opportunity would be suicidal.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:11]

But players throwing their managers under the bus, like Chelscum did with Mourinho, and pissing on their own fans in the process, is OK, I take it?

Critchley post match comments on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 4126 viewsDamo1962

Critchley post match comments on 21:52 - Dec 29 by Logman

NC in denial. That was absolute cack from us today and no small measure of that is down to the management team who sent out a toothless 11 to start and just replaced, like-for-like with no idea about getting someone alongside Dykes or sorting out our ineffectual central midfield. Really disappointed with the management team today. The set up clearly didn't work but we just continued with it ostrich-like while Luton rang rings around us going forward. NC is going to have to grow a pair of cojones sharpish and tell the players they need to show more drive or they will be shown the door. How Tim Iroegbunam stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes remains a Christmas mystery to me.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 21:54]

I really hope Timbo goes back to Villa. He has contributed zilch, and has been a waste of a loan. Dom Ball may not have have Timbo's so called ability, but he had desire to make up for his deficiencies. Whoever thought Roberts was the answer to our problems... didn't understand the question.
Critchley post match comments on 22:53 - Dec 29 with 3871 viewsHunterhoop

Critchley post match comments on 22:04 - Dec 29 by stainrods_elbow

But players throwing their managers under the bus, like Chelscum did with Mourinho, and pissing on their own fans in the process, is OK, I take it?

You’re either obtuse or an idiot.

Your response doesn’t explain why the point you’re referring to is, in any way, in correct.

Critchley does not “owe” it to the fans to coat off the players in public. What does that do? Who does that benefit? To what purpose does it serve?

I think his comments make it clear he knows we were sh*t in the key moments, but put more effort in than at Cardiff.

I’d also suggest he is a little hamstrung by something going on behind the scenes with Willock, possibly Chair, and some of the loanees.

Today’s result was on the players. Too many did not give “their all”: Roberts, Iroegbunam, Chair, Willock, and too many were poor: Paal, Shodipo, Dickie, Dykes. Chair, tbf, sounds like he was unwell but I did not like the amount of pointing and moaning at others he did when he clearly was at fault with a misplaced pass or miscontrol. Not owning his mistakes.
Critchley post match comments on 23:16 - Dec 29 with 3715 viewspaulparker

Let’s face it Critchley was the cheap option and with anything cheap it falls apart
To play shodipo & Roberts from the start was poor , that is 2 games we haven’t turned up for now
Got what we deserved tonight and that was fcuk all , anyone who defends the manager, the board and players after that Sh1t show is a deluded idiot

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Critchley post match comments on 04:09 - Dec 30 with 3364 viewsstainrods_elbow

Critchley post match comments on 22:53 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

You’re either obtuse or an idiot.

Your response doesn’t explain why the point you’re referring to is, in any way, in correct.

Critchley does not “owe” it to the fans to coat off the players in public. What does that do? Who does that benefit? To what purpose does it serve?

I think his comments make it clear he knows we were sh*t in the key moments, but put more effort in than at Cardiff.

I’d also suggest he is a little hamstrung by something going on behind the scenes with Willock, possibly Chair, and some of the loanees.

Today’s result was on the players. Too many did not give “their all”: Roberts, Iroegbunam, Chair, Willock, and too many were poor: Paal, Shodipo, Dickie, Dykes. Chair, tbf, sounds like he was unwell but I did not like the amount of pointing and moaning at others he did when he clearly was at fault with a misplaced pass or miscontrol. Not owning his mistakes.

`And you,, my friend, are part of the problem of the culture of failure at QPR, not to mention the systemic mugging-off of fans in the pro game that Clive has catastrophically described. If you can't understand my point about the culture of complacency being sponsored by short-changing the fans on the pitch then bullshiting them on official channels after, go away and have a long think! So you think patting them on the head and telling us/them they put ever so much effort in, if only it wasn't for failing to land cross after cross, run into space, or shoot, is going to get results by keeping them all onside, do you? With workplace recommendations like that, who needs managers at all? What a joke!

Critchley post match comments on 04:20 - Dec 30 with 3384 viewsHAYESBOY

I agree with him.
Not saying we were unlucky but certainly 3-0 didn't reflect the whole game.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Critchley post match comments on 04:28 - Dec 30 with 3372 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Edit: I’m talking shit as usual
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 4:45]
Critchley post match comments on 09:34 - Dec 30 with 2964 viewsBklynRanger

Tricky interview - he's obviously still in that situation where he can't just kick off on them or single players out, because he has to work with what he's got in the wake of the PBBC's behaviour. He may well be more worried about some of that than this one result, however fcuking grim it was.

Saying that he was quick to acknowledge the fact that, yes, the next time we play the transfer window will have opened. With nobody playing particularly well but needing to address at least one obvious area, I fear there's a decent chance one of our more sellable assets may go at a frustrating price to free up a bit of cash. But we'll see.
Critchley post match comments on 10:02 - Dec 30 with 2879 viewsdaveB

I watched the game at home due to not finishing work on time, kind of agree with his assessment to be honest. We started well, got into some good positions but final ball was poor, Luton were far more clinical, every chance they had was either on target or a goal, they looked like a team who believed in what they were doing, was the reverse if the same fixture last season when I thought Luton dominated chances and the ball but never looked like scoring

Some of the comments on the team and manager seem well over the top to me, it's not even the worst we've played this month, performance and effort wise i didn't see much difference to this and the last 2 games, main difference was Luton took their chances.

Big problems in the team though, key players like Chair & Willock miles off it at the moment. The midfield are struggling and Dykes badly needs help up front, so isolated all game. Loan players seem to be getting stick on twitter but thought Laird kept going last night and was probably our best player again
Critchley post match comments on 10:13 - Dec 30 with 2829 viewsQPROslo

Critchley post match comments on 04:20 - Dec 30 by HAYESBOY

I agree with him.
Not saying we were unlucky but certainly 3-0 didn't reflect the whole game.

Me too. My thoughts after the game were what I heard Critchley say this morning. Spot on imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024