Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DoF 19:57 - Jan 7 with 15139 viewsRuislipHoop

Les F and Chris R have been in charge of Football at this club since 2015,recruitment,technical and all playing matters with not a sign of success at any level,at wot point do the owners think “ maybe this isnt working ?”
DoF on 09:48 - Jan 8 with 1765 viewsThGrimRanger

most other relegated clubs have the same issues but manage at least push for promotion. we were nowhere near despite still having a decent squad.

TheGrimRanger

DoF on 09:58 - Jan 8 with 1728 views89_50

I appreciate emotions are high right now, but this 'sack Les, sack the board, get new owners' reaction won't solve anything.

From the moment we were relegated, it was always going to be a case of reduce the wage bill, keep the club away from further free-fall and build a more sustainable financial ground - given the size and length of fine that was waiting for us the moment we set foot back in the Championship.

Les and Lee have done that.

It's difficult to be competitive, challenge for promotion, and do that all at once - perhaps nearly impossible.

The change in recruitment strategy, of finding unpolished players or players with questionable injury histories and fixing them is only a recent thing, in the grand scheme, and I'd say this approach has been positive. It's allowed us to play a certain style, get up on the fringes of playoffs (even if we don't sustain that challenge), and looks to be trending in the right direction.

However, some of the decisions around player retention, through contract renewals (BOS, Manning, now Willock), and decisions to hand long contracts to, frankly, crap players (Hammalainen, etc), have to sit firmly with Lee and Les, and that's an area they can rightfully be criticised.

As can the decision to blindly bring in players that a manager wants, that have no resale value, purely because a manager worked with them before.

This is something that needs cutting out, and is the reason we've been lumbered with some ex-Prem players on hefty wages, phoning in sub-par performances.

I don't think sacking Les is the right decision, but he certainly needs to front up and justify some of these questionable choices.
DoF on 09:59 - Jan 8 with 1721 viewsDejR_vu

DoF on 09:33 - Jan 8 by traininvain

Correct me if I’m wrong but any new owner would also zbe hamstrung by FFP so it wouldn’t make much difference whether it’s the current lot or Elon Musk with a blank chequebook.

The problem imo, is that we don’t have a DoF equipped to deal with the challenges the club faces.

IMO, LF was a political appointment to take the heat off TF. There was nothing, as far as I can see, to suggest he was equipped to do it. He has learnt on the job, and been found wanting, again imo. He’s had 8 years, a change is long overdue. If there were any standards whatsoever at the club, that change would have been made a long time ago. If this was anyone other than one of our greatest players, would they still be in the job?

I’m reluctant to be too hard on the ownership at this point because that are, indeed, keeping us afloat. That said, they made dreadful mistakes when we were in the Prem, mistakes that have altered our future for the worse and left us in this position, something we may never recover from. But, at this stage what can they do other than to stick around and try to put it right? My issue with them at the moment is more that the club appears to remain a rich man’s toy, but the rich men seem to bored of it and have thrown it in the corner. Surely, surely, they can see what’s going on isn’t acceptable and surely they can recognise the constants over the last few years?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

DoF on 10:00 - Jan 8 with 1716 viewsstevec

It’s a badly run club with a cartel that don’t have the drive or ambition to improve things. Their jobs are always safe so why would they?

It’s a malaise that has consumed the club, knowing they can just present a sacrificial lamb to the support as and when required, in the form of the incumbent manager, and off they go again. It’s a shambles.

I feel for Critchley. I hope he’s strong and brave enough to call out the standards within the club and we get behind him at match days. He will undoubtedly get the boot but this time we have to spell out if he goes, the whole fckin lot can get out of our club alongside the manager.

I think we underestimate our position, it maybe hard to find backers initially but we are a London based club with a profile, just about still, and that can be attractive.
DoF on 10:05 - Jan 8 with 1676 viewsSakura

DoF on 09:58 - Jan 8 by 89_50

I appreciate emotions are high right now, but this 'sack Les, sack the board, get new owners' reaction won't solve anything.

From the moment we were relegated, it was always going to be a case of reduce the wage bill, keep the club away from further free-fall and build a more sustainable financial ground - given the size and length of fine that was waiting for us the moment we set foot back in the Championship.

It's difficult to be competitive, challenge for promotion, and do that all at once - perhaps nearly impossible.

The change in recruitment strategy, of finding unpolished players or players with questionable injury histories and fixing them is only a recent thing, in the grand scheme, and I'd say this approach has been positive. It's allowed us to play a certain style, get up on the fringes of playoffs (even if we don't sustain that challenge), and looks to be trending in the right direction.

However, some of the decisions around player retention, through contract renewals (BOS, Manning, now Willock), and decisions to hand long contracts to, frankly, crap players (Hammalainen, etc), have to sit firmly with Lee and Les, and that's an area they can rightfully be criticised.

As can the decision to blindly bring in players that a manager wants, that have no resale value, purely because a manager worked with them before.

This is something that needs cutting out, and is the reason we've been lumbered with some ex-Prem players on hefty wages, phoning in sub-par performances.

I don't think sacking Les is the right decision, but he certainly needs to front up and justify some of these questionable choices.

You are right. Changing the owners would do nothing positive. Budget would not go up and possibly go down

Les, Hoos, Ramsey and Belk all could be changed though and if we hire well could improve the club

Belk and Les most to blame in my view as they take the lead on signings and new contracts
DoF on 10:12 - Jan 8 with 1660 viewsThGrimRanger

DoF on 09:58 - Jan 8 by 89_50

too many managers have come and gone during his tenure - he is very well paid and he should be scrutinised.

emotions are high because we keep losing but worse than that, we aren’t seeing a clear strategy for improvement.

TheGrimRanger

DoF on 10:16 - Jan 8 with 1637 viewsRangersw12

The problem we have is that the strategy isn't followed 100%. You have various signing by different people and with a DOF we shouldn't be signing Balogun or Tim on loan.

Even Austin was a TF signing FFS

I would love to ask LF about those signings and why they're allowed to happen under his watch there are loads of examples of this under his stewardship

If we keep having various people having their fingers in the pie then it's never going to succeed. We need a coherent stragey and followed 100% and if that means a new DOF then so be it
DoF on 10:18 - Jan 8 with 1630 viewsLblock

DoF on 22:34 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

Were you saying this when those same people helped to get us to the top of the championship in October?
I know we’re all angry tonight,but how can they be blamed if the players don’t give a sh@t when they cross the white line?

To answer your question hand on heart - yes.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

DoF on 10:26 - Jan 8 with 1599 viewsdavman

DoF on 22:40 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

Which other mugs would buy this club and pump £1million a month to keep it going?

...the correct statement.

Even if we get new owners, the CLUB is still in the FFP pickle, so won't be able to spend their way out of it. The solution here has to be to calm the feck down a bit and let the coach coach what he has. They may be demotivated at the moment, but the core of our first eleven are good Championship players and at the very worst we should finish mid-table. They may have showed signs of downing tools yesterday, but they've done that before and bounced back, so fingers crossed the period since the PBBC screwed us over will prove to be a blip.

If not, and they really have downed tools, we are f**ked and there is nothing any coach, DoF or owners can do to change that and even less than we, as the fans can do other than watch the train wreck develop.

No-one coming in will turn this round unless they can get the EFL to change the current rules put in place to stop clubs like us getting ideas above our station.

Happy New Year (same as the previous few...).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

DoF on 10:26 - Jan 8 with 1600 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 10:18 - Jan 8 by Lblock

To answer your question hand on heart - yes.

I don’t doubt that some fans would never be happy with what’s gone on since LF was made DOF,but it’s only when we get a run of results like this that the majority of anti Les posts get aired.
DoF on 10:30 - Jan 8 with 1559 viewsWegerles_Stairs

DoF on 10:00 - Jan 8 by stevec

It’s a badly run club with a cartel that don’t have the drive or ambition to improve things. Their jobs are always safe so why would they?

It’s a malaise that has consumed the club, knowing they can just present a sacrificial lamb to the support as and when required, in the form of the incumbent manager, and off they go again. It’s a shambles.

I feel for Critchley. I hope he’s strong and brave enough to call out the standards within the club and we get behind him at match days. He will undoubtedly get the boot but this time we have to spell out if he goes, the whole fckin lot can get out of our club alongside the manager.

I think we underestimate our position, it maybe hard to find backers initially but we are a London based club with a profile, just about still, and that can be attractive.

Absolutely. We are (currently) a London club one promotion away from the richest, most high-profile league in the world.

The owners clearly aren't bothered any more and are hoping the council give them a free ground so they can recoup some of their losses by developing Loftus Road as housing.

At least under Flavio, we knew the owners were bothered and he'd sack someone at half-time if he wasn't happy.
DoF on 10:34 - Jan 8 with 1551 viewsDejR_vu

DoF on 10:26 - Jan 8 by stowmarketrange

I don’t doubt that some fans would never be happy with what’s gone on since LF was made DOF,but it’s only when we get a run of results like this that the majority of anti Les posts get aired.

Come on Stow, can you imagine the reaction on here if LF was criticised after a win? There are plenty of opportunities to post ‘when we get a run of results like this’, because it happens all the time, hence why those who don’t rate LF post about it so frequently, which proves the point, no?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 10:35]

DoF on 10:38 - Jan 8 with 1529 viewslave16

Tbf I think Les, cr and hoos have a poisoned chalice.

And every year I wonder why we take in multiple loans when we have a boatload of our own players. I get it ours are not good enough but we need to give them the sink or swim chance and maybe some will be gamers and surprise us. It will also send the signal these guys play their own players and maybe help us in the long term. How many of the loans from the last 5 - 10 seasons have been a success for us in terms of us signing them after the loan and driving then on into a saleable asset or a success for us on the pitch - field and Johansson are all I can think of. To coin a phrase we are a club who are constantly trashing about in the water and never swimming hence we are getting passed by by the other clubs mentioned above

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

DoF on 10:50 - Jan 8 with 1467 viewsDejR_vu

DoF on 10:38 - Jan 8 by lave16

And every year I wonder why we take in multiple loans when we have a boatload of our own players. I get it ours are not good enough but we need to give them the sink or swim chance and maybe some will be gamers and surprise us. It will also send the signal these guys play their own players and maybe help us in the long term. How many of the loans from the last 5 - 10 seasons have been a success for us in terms of us signing them after the loan and driving then on into a saleable asset or a success for us on the pitch - field and Johansson are all I can think of. To coin a phrase we are a club who are constantly trashing about in the water and never swimming hence we are getting passed by by the other clubs mentioned above

No one forces them to do their jobs. If they can find better, they could go ……

It’s been said LF was not responsible for the appointment of various mangers under his watch. Anyone with backbone would not be undermined like that. They would never allow someone to make an appointment they have themselves have been appointed to make, unless they agreed with the appointments. You have to questions why someone would allow that to happen, rather than just walk and get a job elsewhere, where they’re not undermined.

DoF on 10:52 - Jan 8 with 1452 viewsNortholt_Rs

DoF on 10:38 - Jan 8 by lave16

If it’s a poisoned chalice why are they all here still taking no doubt very lucrative salaries? They’ve been hired by the owners to make the club better…to build a competitive team. If their jobs were that terrible then surely they would have resigned and moved on to better ones?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

DoF on 10:57 - Jan 8 with 1442 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 10:34 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

Come on Stow, can you imagine the reaction on here if LF was criticised after a win? There are plenty of opportunities to post ‘when we get a run of results like this’, because it happens all the time, hence why those who don’t rate LF post about it so frequently, which proves the point, no?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 10:35]

I get that fans only moan when we lose,but they were the same people as last season when we looked good for a playoff place until Christmas,and they were the same people who were in charge when we got to the top of the table in October.
The only other constant is the players who are meant to be doing their jobs on the pitch.As someone else posted,you can tolerate getting beaten if the players give 100%,but it’s inexcusable to lose a game of football when they haven’t busted a gut to get a result.And you can’t blame the DOF for what happens when these professionals cross the white line.
DoF on 11:05 - Jan 8 with 1400 viewsDejR_vu

DoF on 10:57 - Jan 8 by stowmarketrange

I get that fans only moan when we lose,but they were the same people as last season when we looked good for a playoff place until Christmas,and they were the same people who were in charge when we got to the top of the table in October.
The only other constant is the players who are meant to be doing their jobs on the pitch.As someone else posted,you can tolerate getting beaten if the players give 100%,but it’s inexcusable to lose a game of football when they haven’t busted a gut to get a result.And you can’t blame the DOF for what happens when these professionals cross the white line.

But the DoF shouldn’t be signing cowards who phone it in all the time.

DoF on 11:07 - Jan 8 with 1390 viewsQPR_Jim

DoF on 09:15 - Jan 8 by ThGrimRanger

from a footballing perspective this club has been run poorly since TF first arrived. However when we were relegated we had the chance of a rebuild with parachute money. LF failed in that respect and somehow managed to remain blameless for this failure. How he’s still in charge all these years later after the last 8 seasons we’ve had is unbelievable.

Even he must be embarrassed.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 9:24]

We had the chance to rebuild with parachute payments, except for the funds we'd already committed to players like Sandro, Zamora, Barton and SWP.
DoF on 11:11 - Jan 8 with 1337 viewsSakura

DoF on 10:57 - Jan 8 by stowmarketrange

I entirely disagree that you can't blame the DOF and would add Belk too

There's a lot of players in our squad they've signed that mean we are susceptible to this.

Roberts and Hamalainen perfect examples of that. I would probably even categorise Amos and Dozzell in that group as well (maybe being harsh there)

They have assembled a squad that doesn't have the Derry or Hill type characters and it shows.

This squad is very close to being a strong squad but the DOF and Belk have left out a crucial ingredient
DoF on 11:13 - Jan 8 with 1344 viewsstowmarketrange

DoF on 11:05 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

But the DoF shouldn’t be signing cowards who phone it in all the time.

These are the same cowards who got us to the top of the league though,so obviously they weren’t phoning it in then,and we’re still only 3 points away from a playoff place in a league where every team can beat everyone one day,and phone it in the next.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree mate,but it’s a shame that we’ve sunk so low as a club,but we’ve always lost cup games to lower league teams we should’ve beaten,and probably always will do,but I blame the players for yesterday’s defeat.
DoF on 11:15 - Jan 8 with 1334 viewsNorthantsHoop

The club won't move forward until the new ground situation is sorted out, if ever, and radical decisions and consultations with supporters needs to happen. History dictates the future, take yourselves back to 1980/81 the loft is knocked down and rebuilt along with School End, the paddocks and catering suites are added to South Africa Road stand, Jim Gregory appoints Terry Venables and the plastic pitch is installed, it takes off for Rangers and the club buzzes and moves forward as a top division club up to mid 1990s. So what I am saying it is sometimes the catalyst off field not always the footballing front starts the change. I am putting faith in the new training facility it is a massive start and investment to begin the change, the next must be the ground and the obsession with staying in W12 must really start to be debated with the fanbase. Maintaining Championship status is key, going to League 1 is not a prospect we should entertain.
DoF on 11:20 - Jan 8 with 1313 viewsDejR_vu

DoF on 11:13 - Jan 8 by stowmarketrange

These are the same cowards who got us to the top of the league though,so obviously they weren’t phoning it in then,and we’re still only 3 points away from a playoff place in a league where every team can beat everyone one day,and phone it in the next.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree mate,but it’s a shame that we’ve sunk so low as a club,but we’ve always lost cup games to lower league teams we should’ve beaten,and probably always will do,but I blame the players for yesterday’s defeat.

Hence why I call them cowards. They phone it in when they don’t fancy it. It’s been said a lot recently, that it’s obvious they can do it. To me, and many others it seems, that makes it worse.

MW used to talk about closing the gap between the best and worst performances. That gap is cavernous now. There is absolutely no excuse for it. This is all about mentality.

As you say, agree to disagree.

DoF on 11:31 - Jan 8 with 1249 viewsstanistheman

DoF on 09:15 - Jan 8 by ThGrimRanger

from a footballing perspective this club has been run poorly since TF first arrived. However when we were relegated we had the chance of a rebuild with parachute money. LF failed in that respect and somehow managed to remain blameless for this failure. How he’s still in charge all these years later after the last 8 seasons we’ve had is unbelievable.

Even he must be embarrassed.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 9:24]

I agree that in his time here since 2014 (as an advisor) the DoGarbage has failed to deliver results. Since our relegation he has failed to spot a decent striker to buy.

There are other issues at the club and that starts from the clueless owners.

Our problems this season stem from failing to replace Austin and Gray. Roberts was never a striker and Armstrong too raw. It’s no surprise to me and others that we can’t score goals. We have gone back to playing with Dykes alone up front and getting the same poor results before Austin returned on loan. Critchley thinks he can get better results using the same approach that Warburton did with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Dykes, but he won’t.

Until the so called DoF can get some decent strikers the team will struggle. I can see the sense of offering a new deal to Dykes if new forwards will be signed to help him out and maybe to increase his price to seek to Rangers or elsewhere, but if it is because he is valued by those at the club and they think he will improve then they will be disappointed.
DoF on 11:45 - Jan 8 with 1185 viewsDamo1962

DoF on 11:15 - Jan 8 by NorthantsHoop

The club won't move forward until the new ground situation is sorted out, if ever, and radical decisions and consultations with supporters needs to happen. History dictates the future, take yourselves back to 1980/81 the loft is knocked down and rebuilt along with School End, the paddocks and catering suites are added to South Africa Road stand, Jim Gregory appoints Terry Venables and the plastic pitch is installed, it takes off for Rangers and the club buzzes and moves forward as a top division club up to mid 1990s. So what I am saying it is sometimes the catalyst off field not always the footballing front starts the change. I am putting faith in the new training facility it is a massive start and investment to begin the change, the next must be the ground and the obsession with staying in W12 must really start to be debated with the fanbase. Maintaining Championship status is key, going to League 1 is not a prospect we should entertain.

Perfect summation of our situation, and what needs to happen to improve it...and move forward.
DoF on 12:01 - Jan 8 with 1159 viewsDavieQPR

DoF on 09:47 - Jan 8 by paulhoop2

I always wonder would people be slagging of sir Les and CR if they were white ? Just a thought…. I believe our club has had worse over the years admin / league 1 etc. the owners keep writing the blank cheque to keep us going be very careful what you wish for.

Nothing to do with their skin tones really is it. Incompetence effects all races. I wonder if it has kept them in a job though?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024