Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 01:46 - Oct 5 with 10422 viewsHooparoo

We’re on track to go down with about 35 points FFS. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

10 games in on 01:51 - Oct 5 with 4463 viewsSydneyRs

My estimate was 40 but yes would agree. Ainsworth may have instilled a bit of spirit but we can't score. Sheff Weds and Rotherham to join us.

What a time to be alive.
10 games in on 01:52 - Oct 5 with 4458 viewsNorthernr

As you will, if you can't score, which we can't.
10 games in on 04:00 - Oct 5 with 4357 viewsHAYESBOY

How long does everybody think he has got if results do not improve?

I would say the board will give him 5 games.

Smells like a trout farm in here

10 games in on 04:38 - Oct 5 with 4328 viewsMatch82

The bizarre thing is that success that Watford debacle where we looked like we belonged in different sports let alone divisions, we have more points than them and a better goal difference!
10 games in on 04:53 - Oct 5 with 4313 viewsvanrrrr

10 games in on 04:00 - Oct 5 by HAYESBOY

If we get smashed at home again on Saturday it could be time up - just before the International break - tis the season
10 games in on 05:08 - Oct 5 with 4306 viewsSydneyRs

If GA gets the boot and we get Nathan Jones. Well, that promises to be fun.
10 games in on 07:22 - Oct 5 with 4077 viewsBluce_Ree

I like Ainsworth but he's tarnishing his cult hero status every week. Doesn't matter who we get next. Team is fked.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

10 games in on 07:29 - Oct 5 with 4055 viewsPlanetHonneywood

10 games in on 04:53 - Oct 5 by vanrrrr

If we get smashed at home again on Saturday it could be time up - just before the International break - tis the season

Can QPR afford it?

Maybe they'll try agree compensating over as long a time span as possible, while hoping he gets a job at some stage to reduce the compensation. Maybe such a plan was agreed from the outset.

I love GA's enthusiasm. I'd love it to be working for him, but he wasn't on anyone's wishlist for appointing on a three-year deal and alas, despite serving up some good stuff, there's been some dreadful offerings. Alas, it's looking increasingly like he'll be the latest appointment unable to stem the tide of decline overseen by the buffoons above him.

I rather suspect QPR's management are sat confused and clueless on a knife: Warnock is available and with the IB coming up, they'll have to make a decision soon or risk losing out on appointing him.

I further suspect the board are out of ideas beyond Warnock and they're also out of interested candidates beyond Warnock too. Yet again, the ills of QPR emanate from the boardroom.

Saturday could be 'feisty'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

10 games in on 07:33 - Oct 5 with 4045 viewsessextaxiboy

I would discount the Watford game , we were set up like a pre season friendly and played like it was one .
The players brought in since give a fairer assessment IMO .

I posted a while ago that the Blackburn game was a defining one 10(11) games in full circle since GA first game as Manager , after home and away games were rebalanced .
We needed 12 points by then to be on target for historical safety. we are not going to make that but a win on Sat will get close enough .

So .. IMO opinion he has to get a win on Sat , gutted to feel that way and despair if we go cap in hand for the second time to Warnock who may keep us up(although he will have the same budget and squad ) but then what ? We will have gone full circle again and achieved the square root of fck all .
10 games in on 07:42 - Oct 5 with 3993 viewsstevec

35 points? That’s far better than I’d imagined.
10 games in on 07:57 - Oct 5 with 3940 viewsThe_Beast1976

10 games in on 07:29 - Oct 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Can QPR afford it?

Maybe they'll try agree compensating over as long a time span as possible, while hoping he gets a job at some stage to reduce the compensation. Maybe such a plan was agreed from the outset.

I love GA's enthusiasm. I'd love it to be working for him, but he wasn't on anyone's wishlist for appointing on a three-year deal and alas, despite serving up some good stuff, there's been some dreadful offerings. Alas, it's looking increasingly like he'll be the latest appointment unable to stem the tide of decline overseen by the buffoons above him.

I rather suspect QPR's management are sat confused and clueless on a knife: Warnock is available and with the IB coming up, they'll have to make a decision soon or risk losing out on appointing him.

I further suspect the board are out of ideas beyond Warnock and they're also out of interested candidates beyond Warnock too. Yet again, the ills of QPR emanate from the boardroom.

Saturday could be 'feisty'

"Yet again, the ills of QPR emanate from the boardroom.:

Fact. Yet still they get a free pass. The fact they pump in a lot of money shouldn't mean they get a free pass when they're the ones who have got us into this mess and run the club into the ground in the first place! We shouldn't be thankful to them - it's absolutely right that they should pay for the mess they have themselves created. I think we need to start letting them know what we think of this sorry mess THEY have created
10 games in on 07:58 - Oct 5 with 3940 viewskingsburyR

Christ, even I have started to lean towards Jones being hired to dig us out of this shite.

Ainsworth was never the right appointment and the longer we stick with him the worse it will get.

I don't actually see any pattern of play.

He needs a gentle thank you and a graceful push out the door. Save his reputation by saying he had fu(k all to work with but still kept us up!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

10 games in on 07:59 - Oct 5 with 3927 viewsderbyhoop

And the alternative is?
We're broke, we have a poor Championship squad, with many players out of contract in June 24, and no money to bring in replacements or additions.
21st or better would be an achievement.
Still Beale, Hughes, Nathan Jones, Allardyce, Xisco Munoz are all available.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

10 games in on 08:01 - Oct 5 with 3918 viewsMonkey_Roots

Unless we’re going to replace him with a player/manager who can score at this level, it won’t make a difference - we need goals.
10 games in on 08:04 - Oct 5 with 3896 viewskingsburyR

We had Chair and Willock banging them in for fun this time last season!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

10 games in on 08:17 - Oct 5 with 3853 viewsbosh67

I honestly can’t see Warnock coming back. I can’t see Jones coming in. He hates us. We can’t afford him anyway. We can’t afford anyone. We don’t have any means to find another striker. Ainsworth is trying to do a job without some of the components he actually needs, so why would anyone else agree to do this with their hands tied? We have one goodish striker who doesn’t score many, who signed a long term contract so that the club gets a half decent fee (he will be sold) and a rookie striker who has potential but isn’t in anyway a natural finisher. Plus a few lesser hopefuls. Let’s compare what we have to Andre Gray, who everyone hated for some reason. You can’t. He also banged them in for fun. The fact that Willock has lost confidence and Chair is out of scoring form doesn’t help. I suspect for better or worse we are going to have Ainsworth for the foreseeable future because what does another manager inherit and why would they agree to inherit it?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

10 games in on 08:23 - Oct 5 with 3810 viewstraininvain

10 games in on 08:04 - Oct 5 by kingsburyR

We had Chair and Willock banging them in for fun this time last season!

Exactly. A few players in this squad have shown they can score goals at this level. But we have no real patterns of attacking play which is why we don’t create chances.

It’s all hit and hope with the team generally set up to avoid losing too badly instead of having a go, particularly at home.

This is what happens when you have a manager whose usual style of football is completely at odds with the players at his disposal. All too predictable.
10 games in on 08:33 - Oct 5 with 3763 viewsloftus77

Really like what Ainsworth is trying so hard to do - but you simply have to get results. Somehow. Anyhow.

He's a Blackburn boy, no? Beat his home town on Sat and there is definite hope. Draw, hopefully just about - live to fight another day.

Defeat and he will surely be gone.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 8:36]
10 games in on 08:45 - Oct 5 with 3738 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Honestly feel like you could put any striker in the world in that team last night and the only way they'd have scored would have been to pick up the ball inside our own half and dribble it through the entire defence to score an incredible solo goal.

I can't remember any football team having such a lack of intent to attack in my life. Free kicks - backwards to the centre halves for a couple of square balls. Throw ins - backwards to the centre halves for a couple of square balls. The inevitable passes from centre backs to the forward 'line' were beyond hopeless, both practically and cerebrally. On the odd occasion we got in their third it was as if we were just trying to hold it up there for a couple of seconds to give the defenders a rest.

A few weeks ago we were showing some promise, some width, some crosses, some penetration. A bit of old fashioned swashbuckling. Certainly in the last two that has completely evaporated. Poof. Gone.

There is surely no way that performance last night was the intended style or plan. We wouldn't score many goals this year no matter how we play with so few goal scorers in the squad but my goodness if we carry on playing like that we might never score again. It needs fixing overnight. Kind of feel like we managed that before the Cardiff game... It needs to happen again.
10 games in on 08:52 - Oct 5 with 3694 viewsRangersw12

10 games in on 08:45 - Oct 5 by Padulas_Shampoo

Honestly feel like you could put any striker in the world in that team last night and the only way they'd have scored would have been to pick up the ball inside our own half and dribble it through the entire defence to score an incredible solo goal.

I can't remember any football team having such a lack of intent to attack in my life. Free kicks - backwards to the centre halves for a couple of square balls. Throw ins - backwards to the centre halves for a couple of square balls. The inevitable passes from centre backs to the forward 'line' were beyond hopeless, both practically and cerebrally. On the odd occasion we got in their third it was as if we were just trying to hold it up there for a couple of seconds to give the defenders a rest.

A few weeks ago we were showing some promise, some width, some crosses, some penetration. A bit of old fashioned swashbuckling. Certainly in the last two that has completely evaporated. Poof. Gone.

There is surely no way that performance last night was the intended style or plan. We wouldn't score many goals this year no matter how we play with so few goal scorers in the squad but my goodness if we carry on playing like that we might never score again. It needs fixing overnight. Kind of feel like we managed that before the Cardiff game... It needs to happen again.

This probably explains what's happened the last few games .

Up to Ainsworth to find a solution.
10 games in on 09:11 - Oct 5 with 3611 viewsToast_R

There's Two options, a savvy transfer window in January where we perhaps shift a couple.of players out and make room for a loan or two who hit the ground running like in 20/21... or Warnock with a manage now pay you later kind of deal.
10 games in on 09:17 - Oct 5 with 3583 viewsdaveB

10 games in on 07:59 - Oct 5 by derbyhoop

And the alternative is?
We're broke, we have a poor Championship squad, with many players out of contract in June 24, and no money to bring in replacements or additions.
21st or better would be an achievement.
Still Beale, Hughes, Nathan Jones, Allardyce, Xisco Munoz are all available.

Warnock avaliable or take a punt on Lee Carlsey who has done a good job with England under 21's, Richardson did a good job at Wigan, I still wave the Karl Robinson flag, we shouldn't just accept being rubbish
10 games in on 09:19 - Oct 5 with 3554 viewsTheChef

Who is this amazing new manager who is going to score a load of goals for us?

Fine, spin the managerial wheel again rather than giving the incumbent time to sort things out. It's worked soooo well for us over the last 12 months or so...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

10 games in on 09:21 - Oct 5 with 3537 viewstoboboly

We will be averaging 18 PGMOL letters of apology for the season though

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

10 games in on 09:31 - Oct 5 with 3488 viewsted_hendrix

Beat Blackburn??? sorry not a chance.

No Field Saturday he's banned and unless Begovic gets his red card 'chalked off' then he's out Saturday too and unless I'm mistaken our players last night when leaving the pitch had a look of disinterest as opposed to a look of wtf happened there and what can we do about It?

Our weakness in front of goal hasn't just suddenly sprang up on us has It?

I've been secretly watching L1 highlights on Sky, our current squad In It's shape and form would struggle In that league right now.

We really are In trouble *Your all just pissing In the wind, You don't know it but you are*

Thanks to Neil Young Ambulance Blues.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024