Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way 19:33 - Feb 11 with 3018 viewscjc

We more or less know whats wrong with the team but thats not going to be sorted this season. All we can do is back em and praise all the good they can do.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/628791050?-294:802

Never give up.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:37 - Feb 11 with 3001 viewsbosh67

The point is if they fight like they did against Man City then all we can ask for is for them to put it on the line.

If they expect us to back them all the way after their first half against Swansea they are going to find it a lot harder.

I never give up and I've put it on record that I have this funny feeling we will beat Man Utd, BUT... this team needs to be on the front foot now and not on the back foot.

You can attack and win but you can't defend and win with any regularity. We've scored 18, count them, 18 goals all season in the league. That has to change.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:46 - Feb 11 with 2986 viewscjc

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:37 - Feb 11 by bosh67

The point is if they fight like they did against Man City then all we can ask for is for them to put it on the line.

If they expect us to back them all the way after their first half against Swansea they are going to find it a lot harder.

I never give up and I've put it on record that I have this funny feeling we will beat Man Utd, BUT... this team needs to be on the front foot now and not on the back foot.

You can attack and win but you can't defend and win with any regularity. We've scored 18, count them, 18 goals all season in the league. That has to change.

I think HR has played it as safe as he can, hoping we will scrape a win or get a draw. He knows better than most the relegation battles. He knows how it can come down to the wire and the last 6 games of the season can be completely different for all teams.
Some know that they are safe, some need to battle til the end for a euro position or against relegation and some are surprised lose the plot and the last 6 and end up in the relegation zone. He has been trying to keep us in contention but needs to let loose a bit more.
Until Remy returns fit, I think we will continue to play the same way with the hope we still get something/anything from the games. We just have to remain upbeat and support him. He is our ObiOne!

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:58 - Feb 11 with 2955 viewsNorthernr

What have we been doing so far?
If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:59 - Feb 11 with 2953 viewshoopsa07

Completely agree behind them all the way and I'm convinced we'll go down
If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:59 - Feb 11 with 2951 viewscjc

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:58 - Feb 11 by Northernr

What have we been doing so far?

´We´ encompasses a lot of people.

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:00 - Feb 11 with 2948 viewsNorthernr

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 19:59 - Feb 11 by cjc

´We´ encompasses a lot of people.

Right, and what have those people been doing so far? Southampton at home apart I've heard remarkably little criticism at the games this season despite the team being fcking awful.
If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:06 - Feb 11 with 2939 viewsbosh67

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:00 - Feb 11 by Northernr

Right, and what have those people been doing so far? Southampton at home apart I've heard remarkably little criticism at the games this season despite the team being fcking awful.

I was working at Getty today with Spurs, Arsenal and a Southampton fan. None of them could really understand how such a squad could be performing so poorly. Then I reminded them that we were run for far too long by Mark Hughes and they all 'got it'.

I do actually feel had we brought Harry in from day one of the season we would have been fine and I kind of get the defend for your lives and steal points thing but I think the reality is that the damage had been done and for once, apart from Southampton, it's too much for Harry to turn around. God love him for trying.

I also think it will prove to be a killer blow not keeping strikers like Cisse and DJ around. Both have underwhelmed but both know where the net is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:09 - Feb 11 with 2930 viewscjc

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:00 - Feb 11 by Northernr

Its not just during the game (even though I have a feeling some will be turning at the games very soon), its very much after.
Positivity energy does have a big impact. Criticising players mindlessly that we know we will rely on in the run in, is surely not going to help in our fight.
Do you think Samba, Cesar and Clint Hill are not aware of the mistakes they make.

Login to get fewer ads

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:19 - Feb 11 with 2919 viewsHollowayRanger

totally agree

i never expect my team to win

but i do expect to be able to think they could win

playing way we are is just depressing and negative dependant on team utd play we could go for them as i think they will rest a few of their major players after a hard wednesday night in madrid

we got nothing to lose v united most have us written off including most of the team im sure as well and heads will drop as soon as they score

SO LETS SCORE FIRST!

start with zamorra and anyone else who knos where the goal is and go for them from the start dont let them take control ,if we just try to defend they will pick us off or at best its another 0-0 get the 3 and go forward with real hope!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:49 - Feb 11 with 2883 viewsozranger

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:19 - Feb 11 by HollowayRanger

totally agree

i never expect my team to win

but i do expect to be able to think they could win

playing way we are is just depressing and negative dependant on team utd play we could go for them as i think they will rest a few of their major players after a hard wednesday night in madrid

we got nothing to lose v united most have us written off including most of the team im sure as well and heads will drop as soon as they score

SO LETS SCORE FIRST!

start with zamorra and anyone else who knos where the goal is and go for them from the start dont let them take control ,if we just try to defend they will pick us off or at best its another 0-0 get the 3 and go forward with real hope!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I can only dream of "going for it", but as we all agree, with whom? How can we attack if we don't have an attack to attack with? Yes, we can only hope that Remy is back to fitness and injury-free and that we start not only with him, but Zamora alongside and take it to Manure in the opening half, nick a goal or two and then sit back and pray. Anything else and I say we are dead. But, the mindset of this team is not to attack. They have been defending ever since Harry arrived and thinking about scoring is something they need to reconsider, and fast.
If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 14:07 - Feb 12 with 2756 viewsthemodfather

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 20:49 - Feb 11 by ozranger

I can only dream of "going for it", but as we all agree, with whom? How can we attack if we don't have an attack to attack with? Yes, we can only hope that Remy is back to fitness and injury-free and that we start not only with him, but Zamora alongside and take it to Manure in the opening half, nick a goal or two and then sit back and pray. Anything else and I say we are dead. But, the mindset of this team is not to attack. They have been defending ever since Harry arrived and thinking about scoring is something they need to reconsider, and fast.

we can fight
we can hope
what we need NOW IS GOALS
seems if remy ain't gonna do it, then we are donald ducked.
zamora can't do an hour, johnson likely finished, mackie can't do it...nor adel as an attacker, is bothroyd interested/up for it....dj and hulse loaned out with cisse ( hope he's soaking up that sun, i really do....i mean it, good old cisse)
i don't know what would be worse...going down early ( but you know it's done and dusted) or getting back and losing it on the last day???
If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 14:17 - Feb 12 with 2737 viewsWestbourneR

Haha Northern, I know you're not joking but you make me laugh. Very well put.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

If Harry and the team are still fighting, we got to back them all the way on 14:20 - Feb 12 with 2731 viewsdaveB

If we go all out attack against an Utd we'll get hammered. We need to get a balance, we've got it right against the big boys but tried to play the same way against the mid table teams which has seen us throw away points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024