Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? 22:01 - Oct 18 with 5277 viewsdantheswansman

SO come on, i am first to admit i put a hate message on here for Martin but no until i posted what he should do better, he changed that and more and the team looking strong in terms of how close they are, i am excited i cant lie
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:00 - Oct 19 with 835 viewsTreforys_Jack

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 05:54 - Oct 19 by jack247

How can you not have huge possession and limited long balls against a team who wants to sit deep and invite you to break them down?

The change in stats in the second half was more down to Reading changing their approach (after we’d pulled them back to 2-2 with all the ball, all the territory and virtually no long balls) than us changing ours.

You think we didn't change then ?
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:08 - Oct 19 with 827 viewsSirjohnalot

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 00:53 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

They did yes. Not sure what point you are making there though other than playing into the silly narrative that some don’t like us winning.

Nobody said we were going to lose from what I see, only correctly stating what needs to change in order to win.

Those changes happened and we did indeed win.

You should be celebrating the fact we have such insightful posters on here that back their views with data, not all websites have that. You are lucky.

Golly
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:09 - Oct 19 with 822 viewsjack247

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:00 - Oct 19 by Treforys_Jack

You think we didn't change then ?

Not dramatically. We brought Flex on for Wood and dropped Lati back to give us more attacking thrust on the left.

Up until 2-2, the second half played out very similarly to the first. All us, in their half, but struggling to break them down.

From the equaliser, they came at us much more. We had far less possession from that point and they were leaving gaps, so we were able to mix it up and play a bit more directly. Even more so for the last 15-20 minutes when they were chasing the game.
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:13 - Oct 19 with 793 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:08 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

Golly

Which bit do you disagree with specifically?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:16 - Oct 19 with 801 viewsbuilthjack

Golly

Gosh

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:16 - Oct 19 with 788 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:09 - Oct 19 by jack247

Not dramatically. We brought Flex on for Wood and dropped Lati back to give us more attacking thrust on the left.

Up until 2-2, the second half played out very similarly to the first. All us, in their half, but struggling to break them down.

From the equaliser, they came at us much more. We had far less possession from that point and they were leaving gaps, so we were able to mix it up and play a bit more directly. Even more so for the last 15-20 minutes when they were chasing the game.

Double the long balls, pass number down by 25%, possession reduction by 15%.

Significant change, unquestionable.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:17 - Oct 19 with 799 viewsTreforys_Jack

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:09 - Oct 19 by jack247

I feel we changed approach, Ox Flex played the Nathan Dyer outlet role and they doubled up on him, leaving far more room for Cundle and Cooper to flourish. This playing of Lati at wingback has to stop, not fair on him or the team. Thought he had a really good game when he slotted into the back 3 after halftime.
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:23 - Oct 19 with 785 viewsSirjohnalot

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:13 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Which bit do you disagree with specifically?

Your incredible arrogance.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:28 - Oct 19 with 763 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:23 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

Your incredible arrogance.

That’s a disapproval more than disagreement, you are more than welcome to disapprove of your perceived personality traits, it matters little.

I asked what it is you disagree with regarding my post? Pretty hard to argue against isn’t it?

Or is this another of those instances where you agitate for conflict and then withdraw when you are asked to actually provide what you disagree with?

Again, either is fine. It’s just a little odd.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:30 - Oct 19 with 772 viewsjack247

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:16 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Double the long balls, pass number down by 25%, possession reduction by 15%.

Significant change, unquestionable.

Yes. But how much of that change happened

After Coopers goal?
After Fultons goal?

Two teams on the pitch. Reading influence our possession stats by increasing their own. They had made long balls futile for the first hour by defending deeply. Obafemi looked much more of a threat when they were forced to come at us.
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:35 - Oct 19 with 755 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:30 - Oct 19 by jack247

Yes. But how much of that change happened

After Coopers goal?
After Fultons goal?

Two teams on the pitch. Reading influence our possession stats by increasing their own. They had made long balls futile for the first hour by defending deeply. Obafemi looked much more of a threat when they were forced to come at us.

All happened from the start of the second half, I laid out the data as it happened on the match day thread.

At half time also said in order to win we had to see significant impact on the three main areas of the match which affect that key data.

All three went in the direction suggested and significantly so. It was obvious what changed in the first half and what needed to change in the second, hence why the prediction for anyone who knows the game if fairly easy to make.

The undeniable fact is we should have started like that.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:48 - Oct 19 with 738 viewsjack247

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:35 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

All happened from the start of the second half, I laid out the data as it happened on the match day thread.

At half time also said in order to win we had to see significant impact on the three main areas of the match which affect that key data.

All three went in the direction suggested and significantly so. It was obvious what changed in the first half and what needed to change in the second, hence why the prediction for anyone who knows the game if fairly easy to make.

The undeniable fact is we should have started like that.

I’ve just had a look, you put stats out at half time and full time. Quite correctly said we had to reduce possession and increase long balls in between.

The reality is, it’s very difficult to reduce possession and pointless to play long balls against a team who doesn’t want the ball and is happy to sit deep and let you attack them, hoping to catch you with the occasional break.

Naked eye, but I doubt possession was down or long balls were up much in the second half before Cooper scored. I also doubt they’d have changed much if it had stayed 2-1. It was a completely different game after that.
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:53 - Oct 19 with 714 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:48 - Oct 19 by jack247

I’ve just had a look, you put stats out at half time and full time. Quite correctly said we had to reduce possession and increase long balls in between.

The reality is, it’s very difficult to reduce possession and pointless to play long balls against a team who doesn’t want the ball and is happy to sit deep and let you attack them, hoping to catch you with the occasional break.

Naked eye, but I doubt possession was down or long balls were up much in the second half before Cooper scored. I also doubt they’d have changed much if it had stayed 2-1. It was a completely different game after that.

It was pretty consistent though out the half in terms of possession and pass number. Pass number reduces as teams go more direct and decide to mix their play. It means or or two passes are happening to get us to the same spot 6 or 7 were previously.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:56 - Oct 19 with 721 viewsSirjohnalot

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:28 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s a disapproval more than disagreement, you are more than welcome to disapprove of your perceived personality traits, it matters little.

I asked what it is you disagree with regarding my post? Pretty hard to argue against isn’t it?

Or is this another of those instances where you agitate for conflict and then withdraw when you are asked to actually provide what you disagree with?

Again, either is fine. It’s just a little odd.

The way in which you post winds a lot of people up, I had a go at people when they were winding you up and I’ll do likewise with you. Please try to post in a way where you are not looking down on people and ‘agitating’ to use your words.

I withdraw as I’m usually in court, in conferences or working on cases, i haven’t got time to get into continuous back and forth with people.

Phrases like the website being lucky to have certain posters is an example and this forum works very well indeed as an entity in itself irrespective of who posts or doesn’t.
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:58 - Oct 19 with 708 viewsjack247

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:53 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

It was pretty consistent though out the half in terms of possession and pass number. Pass number reduces as teams go more direct and decide to mix their play. It means or or two passes are happening to get us to the same spot 6 or 7 were previously.

I understand the logic behind it.

Reality was we were camped in their half playing short passes trying to probe through their tightly packed defence until we equalised.

After that, they came straight at us, giving us far more opportunity to play longer balls.

Edit - next time we play a team who set up as negatively as Reading, I’m pretty sure our possession will be up and our long balls will be down again. Especially if they manage to get ahead and tighten up further.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 8:01]
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:01 - Oct 19 with 686 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:56 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

The way in which you post winds a lot of people up, I had a go at people when they were winding you up and I’ll do likewise with you. Please try to post in a way where you are not looking down on people and ‘agitating’ to use your words.

I withdraw as I’m usually in court, in conferences or working on cases, i haven’t got time to get into continuous back and forth with people.

Phrases like the website being lucky to have certain posters is an example and this forum works very well indeed as an entity in itself irrespective of who posts or doesn’t.

You will have to show me specifics then John, I am perfectly happy with the way I post and feel I am respectful to everyone who isn’t instigating drama. In short, I won’t be changing the way I post - unless you can show me I should. So far you haven’t managed to do so.

I think the website is incredibly lucky to have several posters, as should you of course. How is that in the least bit agitating or not respectful?

I am amazed you don’t agree as an ambassador of this site, sounds pretty disrespectful to the membership here who help make this site thrive when they are able to air their views. We are very lucky indeed.

If you were impartial then you would of course have directed this to the person who was lying about those posting on the match day thread that disappeared after we won (clearly looking for conflict).

I don’t shy away from adult debate so my PMs are always open if you have an issue. But I would imagine the root cause is due to me recently asking you to back up some of your comments of which you were unable to. People often don’t like that feeling.

If you don’t discuss it with me however then you don’t really have a leg to stand on, offering you the chance to solve it. Failing that you can always ban me if I’m that difficult to get the better of - wouldn’t be the first time, remember I didn’t ask to post again - but let’s not make up the reasons this time, say it as it is.

But wouldn’t it be better if people could just discuss things like adults? PMs open.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 8:38]

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:42 - Oct 19 with 596 viewsonehunglow

The H word.
Wow

Have a beautiful day out there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:43 - Oct 19 with 593 viewsonehunglow

We win.
That s good
After every win,we get this headline post.
Why?

Let’s remember the Mods post by Mr Haynes

Debate or ignore

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:48 - Oct 19 with 582 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:43 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

We win.
That s good
After every win,we get this headline post.
Why?

Let’s remember the Mods post by Mr Haynes

Debate or ignore

Tiresome isn’t it.

And of course those that reply and back their views the best will often be blamed when things go south.

Old hat and we have seen this cycle for the last 10 years regardless of ownership or moderation, it’s a cycle that cannot be broken.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:52 - Oct 19 with 565 viewsSTID2017

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 23:47 - Oct 18 by KeithHaynes

Swansea won, loved it.

Apparently you are lucky to have such insightful posters as Dr P ?
Sure the thought fills you with joy morning and night

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:54 - Oct 19 with 559 viewsonehunglow

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:48 - Oct 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Tiresome isn’t it.

And of course those that reply and back their views the best will often be blamed when things go south.

Old hat and we have seen this cycle for the last 10 years regardless of ownership or moderation, it’s a cycle that cannot be broken.

Morning P
I woke up a bit late and had to take my car to th3 garage and cry+king back and got drenched.
I dried off then shoved this site on. It is so predictable. The same posters,the same narrative,the same inane squabbling and baiting ,yet Keith locked a OP about not posting correctly.

Either we all debate properly or we don’t. That means ANY opinion respected . If someone di#agrees then ignore.
Ignore my @rse

We won, and it was a good result but anyone 5inking we are in any way a rock solid outfit is nuts. We are utterly insipid in many ways starting with Grimes. Fulton ,a really good lad ,told he wa# not in martins plans afte two months , was hammered @fter Burnley.

Look in the glass,the lot of you.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 10:20 - Oct 19 with 547 viewsBoundy

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:52 - Oct 19 by STID2017

Apparently you are lucky to have such insightful posters as Dr P ?
Sure the thought fills you with joy morning and night

I tend to turn over and go back to sleep .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 10:20 - Oct 19 with 546 viewsSTID2017

Golly

Another " Not sure what point you are trying to make" from Dr P.
For a supposedly clever man, there are lots of points he seems not to understand?

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 10:25 - Oct 19 with 541 viewsSTID2017

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 04:39 - Oct 19 by 73__73

So much insight ? 😂 August 27 you wanted RM sacked.

Apparently he is on thin ice with Dr P again
After 6 wins from 8 ?
Can't make it up mun
The guy ( Dr P ) is in a statistical world of his own

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 11:07 - Oct 19 with 519 viewsonehunglow

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:56 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

So even if the subject is posted without antipathy it is now frowned upon.
Golly by the way is a poor choice of word.

It’s offensive .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024