Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? 22:01 - Oct 18 with 5291 viewsdantheswansman

SO come on, i am first to admit i put a hate message on here for Martin but no until i posted what he should do better, he changed that and more and the team looking strong in terms of how close they are, i am excited i cant lie
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 22:22 - Oct 19 with 760 views73__73

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 22:19 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

Now you are just being silly, it is plain for everyone to see you threw your toys out of the pram and lost any credibility you had.

He’s never had any to begin with

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 22:26 - Oct 19 with 747 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 22:19 - Oct 19 by Whiterockin

Now you are just being silly, it is plain for everyone to see you threw your toys out of the pram and lost any credibility you had.

It can be as clear as you believe it to be.

It is exactly as a laid it out. If there was a sufficient level of two way respect then the league would be going strong today. There wasn’t, so it isn’t.

It’s something you are quickly going to have to come to terms with I guess. I’m nobodies fool.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 726 viewsonehunglow

How about we all have a reset

And by that I mean ALL,each and every one

Is it possible

All opinions

Start now

Right now

Do it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 713 viewsCatullus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 22:31 - Oct 18 by KeithHaynes

Football lasts for ninety plus minutes and to win games you need proper bottle.

We saw that tonight.

Credibility.

Well yes, bottle and some intelligence which seemed to be missing earlier in the season when we conceded several late, late goals.

martin has made adjustments and everrything looks much better now though we re still prone to the odd gaffe, darling made up for his though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 23:10 - Oct 19 with 690 viewsSirjohnalot

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 22:42 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

How about we all have a reset

And by that I mean ALL,each and every one

Is it possible

All opinions

Start now

Right now

Do it

I agree, this is all we’re asking. Everyone please stop points scoring or undermining each other or having personal spats. We’re trying to moderate as fairly as we can but we need everyone to be on board. Many other sites would simply ban, no warnings, just gone. Has to be for the millionth, time. It’s not hard.
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 23:18 - Oct 19 with 667 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 23:00 - Oct 19 by Catullus

Well yes, bottle and some intelligence which seemed to be missing earlier in the season when we conceded several late, late goals.

martin has made adjustments and everrything looks much better now though we re still prone to the odd gaffe, darling made up for his though.

Nothing can be perfect but it’s a lot better as you say.
Even the best teams make mistakes, Man City v Liverpools winner a prime example. Darling would have been massacred if that was him.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 05:58 - Oct 20 with 597 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 23:10 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

I agree, this is all we’re asking. Everyone please stop points scoring or undermining each other or having personal spats. We’re trying to moderate as fairly as we can but we need everyone to be on board. Many other sites would simply ban, no warnings, just gone. Has to be for the millionth, time. It’s not hard.

Agreed, but it’s a case of allowing the same things to happen over and over again and expecting different results, John. It’s been noted by many people how toxic it gets on here after wins and I have offered to show you exactly where this begins every time so you can see for yourself instead of taking it from me, but there seems little interest in addressing it, only those that reply to it.

My PMs are always open should you want to explore it privately. Otherwise next time we win, we are going to get the same toxic “you must be gutted”, “you said so and so a few months back”, “not real fans”, “disappear when we win”, “being proven wrong” etc etc and people will react to them in the same way as they have always done, which is perfectly understandable and what they are designed to do - let’s not kid ourselves.

If there is serious appetite to get rid of the bickering on here then you need to clamp down on those instigating posts, even if it risks upsetting the pro Martin brigade. They most certainly should not be encouraged, made stickies, headlines intended to be ambiguous and join in with senseless blaming of those that understandably reply.

I will always respond to those in the exact same way and defending those they are aimed at. Happy for you to criticise me for it too - although would be far more productive to have an open and adult discussion.

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:09 - Oct 20 with 570 viewsSirjohnalot

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 05:58 - Oct 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Agreed, but it’s a case of allowing the same things to happen over and over again and expecting different results, John. It’s been noted by many people how toxic it gets on here after wins and I have offered to show you exactly where this begins every time so you can see for yourself instead of taking it from me, but there seems little interest in addressing it, only those that reply to it.

My PMs are always open should you want to explore it privately. Otherwise next time we win, we are going to get the same toxic “you must be gutted”, “you said so and so a few months back”, “not real fans”, “disappear when we win”, “being proven wrong” etc etc and people will react to them in the same way as they have always done, which is perfectly understandable and what they are designed to do - let’s not kid ourselves.

If there is serious appetite to get rid of the bickering on here then you need to clamp down on those instigating posts, even if it risks upsetting the pro Martin brigade. They most certainly should not be encouraged, made stickies, headlines intended to be ambiguous and join in with senseless blaming of those that understandably reply.

I will always respond to those in the exact same way and defending those they are aimed at. Happy for you to criticise me for it too - although would be far more productive to have an open and adult discussion.

Just about to get in the car but I simply ask that of anyone tries to wind you up, do not respond. It just inflames the situation and we will get responses to that back and forth. I’m not going to DM you, I’ve not got time. It takes two to continue and argument.

If you can’t, then take it on DMs with the person who’s responding.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:26 - Oct 20 with 557 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 07:09 - Oct 20 by Sirjohnalot

Just about to get in the car but I simply ask that of anyone tries to wind you up, do not respond. It just inflames the situation and we will get responses to that back and forth. I’m not going to DM you, I’ve not got time. It takes two to continue and argument.

If you can’t, then take it on DMs with the person who’s responding.

I’m afraid not, I’ll always respond to the trolling aimed at me. Always.

Let’s be fair here, as mod it’s your job to police the original comments designed to provoke those responses not ask people to not respond to them. If you are struggling for time to do justice to the role then maybe the site needs to look for more help, I’m sure there are plenty willing to give it.

We have all seen this very site on Twitter responding to the trolls (quite rightly too and often agree with the stances it takes against the abuse it receives) and do no different to me (although I’m probably politer) - so it’s clear the site knows first hand how it works and asking to ignore the constant and relentless baiting is not a viable and realistic way forward.

I can do no more then. I’ve tried to help you here. The same patterns will remain after the next win and no doubt we will find ourselves having the same discussion afterwards, I will be able to do no more than point you back to this discussion.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 7:35]

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:00 - Oct 20 with 537 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 23:10 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

John you have my sympathy but I do question myself if you and Keith have patience of saints or just barmy! 😬

You have covered things in every aspect and every angle, when something is as clear as day and you are trying to get a petulant child to accept responsibility and realise their own actions with a constant response of "no, I am right" when clearly they are not, you must feel like knocking your head against a wall.

So what is it John, you a Saint or just barmy?!? 😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:08 - Oct 20 with 526 viewsSirjohnalot

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:00 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

John you have my sympathy but I do question myself if you and Keith have patience of saints or just barmy! 😬

You have covered things in every aspect and every angle, when something is as clear as day and you are trying to get a petulant child to accept responsibility and realise their own actions with a constant response of "no, I am right" when clearly they are not, you must feel like knocking your head against a wall.

Honestly ? Just bored with it all.
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:10 - Oct 20 with 523 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:08 - Oct 20 by Sirjohnalot

I could imagine mate, don't let it get to you or grind you down.

👍

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:29 - Oct 20 with 510 viewsSirjohnalot

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:10 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

I could imagine mate, don't let it get to you or grind you down.

👍

Oh, I’m not going anywhere, just not going to upload any more pleadings, just not got the time. Plus there’s no point as folk don’t listen anyway
Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:18 - Oct 20 with 486 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:08 - Oct 20 by Sirjohnalot

Surely you are going to be even more bored week after week as it keeps happening with the same comments being made?

And it will.

Happy to bookmark this if you like to demonstrate after the next win?

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 09:21 - Oct 20 with 483 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin doubters, are you waking up yet? on 08:00 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

Feel free to point out what you ‘believe’ (used in the loosest possible term) is my fault then, let’s have some specifics.

Happy to take a look and we can discuss it.

I’m guessing none will be forthcoming however considering we are both well aware where the issues originate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024