Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zamora no new contract 08:56 - May 28 with 8558 viewsbeeeater

According to todays Metro not getting a new contact. Shame after Saturday and surely a good second half impact player.
Zamora no new contract on 18:13 - May 28 with 1566 viewsGetMeRangers

Zamora no new contract on 17:48 - May 28 by simmo

Look at it another way. If he wasn't our player, if he was with Brighton for example and his contract was running out, would you be recommending we sign him?

Put it another way. If he was with manure and his contract was running out... and M Hughes was in charge, would we sign him?
Zamora no new contract on 18:29 - May 28 with 1544 viewsderbyhoop

If a deal is short term, on sensible wages, reflecting that he's unlikely to play a full 90 minutes, then why not?.
We started last season with Charlie, AJ andBZ. That went well, didn't it? With the imminent departures of AJ, Maiga, Doyle, Will Keane offside, we'd be left with Charlie and Tom Hitchcock.
If we can get 3 comparable strikers or if Zamora wants the wrong deal then we let him go.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Zamora no new contract on 19:48 - May 28 with 1472 viewsHollowayRanger

club should have a special gift made for him maybe a golden boot or something as a thank you for scoring the most expensive goal in football

but no new contract unless massive pay cut rumoured to be on £60,000 a week

id offer no more than £20,000 plus win goal assit bouns when involved

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Zamora no new contract on 20:01 - May 28 with 1465 viewsAntti_Heinola

Zamora no new contract on 18:29 - May 28 by derbyhoop

If a deal is short term, on sensible wages, reflecting that he's unlikely to play a full 90 minutes, then why not?.
We started last season with Charlie, AJ andBZ. That went well, didn't it? With the imminent departures of AJ, Maiga, Doyle, Will Keane offside, we'd be left with Charlie and Tom Hitchcock.
If we can get 3 comparable strikers or if Zamora wants the wrong deal then we let him go.

Because as has been explained, he takes up one of the valuable 25 spots on the squad. The season before last we started with him, AJ and Cisse. The first 2 got injured quickly and Cisse went off the boil, leaving us with basically no strikers. We can't afford to make that mistake again - it's just not worth it.
10 goals in two and a half seasons tells you everything.
Love him for what he did, but time to move on.

Bare bones.

Zamora no new contract on 00:03 - May 29 with 1385 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I got a different opinion on this now 2 months ago I wouldn't have second thoughts in getting rid of him . However since he has come back from injury he looks and plays different he is sharper he has undoubted ability to score goals and is an excellent foil to any strike partner and also is strong in the air and can hold the ball up well which is handy when holding onto a lead. I think most people are baseing there comments on the previous time in the prem when he was playing but didn't look right mentally because an injury was always playing him up in games he should not have started in but was cos we had no one else. I believe a fit and a mentally right Zamora could be a major asset to this team.
Zamora no new contract on 00:31 - May 29 with 1371 viewsPunteR

If he's fit again and his form continues then there's no reason why he can get a contract extension. If he's good enough for Hill he's good enough for me. Will never play a full 90 min though which is a shame. We need to keep team spirit,as we know,its just as important as getting new players in.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Zamora no new contract on 07:45 - May 29 with 1321 viewsderbyhoop

Zamora no new contract on 20:01 - May 28 by Antti_Heinola

Because as has been explained, he takes up one of the valuable 25 spots on the squad. The season before last we started with him, AJ and Cisse. The first 2 got injured quickly and Cisse went off the boil, leaving us with basically no strikers. We can't afford to make that mistake again - it's just not worth it.
10 goals in two and a half seasons tells you everything.
Love him for what he did, but time to move on.

I hear what you say, but read the last paragraph, again.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Zamora no new contract on 09:52 - May 29 with 1258 viewsTacticalR

Very interesting to see how people have slipped into the 'I don't know who we're buying but they must be better than what we've already got' mentality.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Zamora no new contract on 09:53 - May 29 with 1257 viewsbosh67

I have to say that I think Bobby Zamora of the last few months has been the player I remember, albeit it is a cameo, but one that has made a huge difference in the final third of games.

If it were up to me I would...

1. Give him a contract under the same terms until Christmas and review it from there.
2. If he agreed to that it gives the club a chance to see if his fitness and form can cut it as the super sub.
3. If he can we keep him until the end of next season.
4. If he can't he moves on with our blessing and we get in a new forward from New Year onwards.

That way we are only tied in for half a season one way or another. It is a gamble but for me Bobby now seems to be a major influence in the dressing room as well, and a good one, so that part of our ride this time is all important.

Obviously if he wants a full season contract then he may have to look elsewhere.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Zamora no new contract on 10:07 - May 29 with 1241 viewssimmo

Is nobody else suspicious that this run of form has coincided with his imminent contract expiry?! Anybody think, just PERHAPS, that he has been playing for a new deal with us or at least to get one from elsewhere?

So he's been dogsh*t for years but suddenly he's 'fully fit' in the last 6 weeks of his 2 year deal?!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Zamora no new contract on 10:11 - May 29 with 1235 viewsNorthernr

It's Matthew Rose all over again this. 18 months of dreadful performances and injury and then, when the end of the contract is in sight, six months of fitness and exceptional football. QPR fell for that time and time again, Rose was here for 10 years, playing well in little six month bursts every two or three years depending on when his deal was up.

The obvious answer would be a short term deal on low money, but even if he would accept that he's still taking a place in the 25 man squad and he's shown nothing over the past three years to suggest he can stay fit for the duration of a season.
Zamora no new contract on 11:29 - May 29 with 1184 viewsAntti_Heinola

Zamora no new contract on 07:45 - May 29 by derbyhoop

I hear what you say, but read the last paragraph, again.

what do you mean by 3 comparable strikers? Comparable to whom?

Bare bones.

Zamora no new contract on 11:30 - May 29 with 1181 viewsAntti_Heinola

Zamora no new contract on 10:11 - May 29 by Northernr

It's Matthew Rose all over again this. 18 months of dreadful performances and injury and then, when the end of the contract is in sight, six months of fitness and exceptional football. QPR fell for that time and time again, Rose was here for 10 years, playing well in little six month bursts every two or three years depending on when his deal was up.

The obvious answer would be a short term deal on low money, but even if he would accept that he's still taking a place in the 25 man squad and he's shown nothing over the past three years to suggest he can stay fit for the duration of a season.

Exactly. A tactic favoured by Leigertwood too I seem to remember.
It's funny. If Austin had scored that winner on sat this would hardly be a debate.

Bare bones.

Zamora no new contract on 11:37 - May 29 with 1176 viewsNov77

Hoillett, traore, faurlin, jenas, johnson Krancjar Phillips etc haven't been able to prove their fitness over the last three years either, get shot of all of them too?

Even austin has injury problems.
Zamora has looked fit and in good form over the last few months, he's got us back into the premier league, deserves a bit more credit than he's getting.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Zamora no new contract on 15:21 - May 29 with 1135 viewsAntti_Heinola

Zamora no new contract on 11:37 - May 29 by Nov77

Hoillett, traore, faurlin, jenas, johnson Krancjar Phillips etc haven't been able to prove their fitness over the last three years either, get shot of all of them too?

Zamora has looked fit and in good form over the last few months, he's got us back into the premier league, deserves a bit more credit than he's getting.

He has never, ever looked 'fit', Nov. He's looked capable of playing 30 mins or so. Traore, Hoilett, Phillips and Faurlin all have age on their side. BZ doesn't I'm afraid. Harsh but that's what it is.
And we should absolutely be ditching Niko, Jenas, AJ, yes.

Bare bones.

Zamora no new contract on 15:49 - May 29 with 1111 viewssimmo

Zamora no new contract on 11:37 - May 29 by Nov77

Junior Hoilett - 23
Armand traore 24
Faurlin - 27
Phillips - 23
Jenas - Yes, get shot
Kranjcar - Yes, get shot
Johnson - Yes, get shot

How are those much younger players to be compared to Bobby Zamora? The only one of them whose recent injury problems compare to Bobbies is Faurlin but apart from being younger he has also played consistently well when available to us and is definitely on less money. Zamora has got a lot MORE than he deserves in my opinion
[Post edited 29 May 2014 15:49]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Zamora no new contract on 17:46 - May 29 with 1068 viewsderbyhoop

Zamora no new contract on 11:29 - May 29 by Antti_Heinola

what do you mean by 3 comparable strikers? Comparable to whom?

As good as BZ has been for the last 2 months; smart enough to know how to deal with PL defenders and capable of getting goals in the top flight.
If we can get 3 better options in a 25 man squad then show him the door. But as things stand our striking options will be Austin & Hitchcock.

Zamora no new contract on 17:55 - May 29 with 1047 viewsAntti_Heinola

Capable of getting goals in the top flight?
six goals over a season and a half over a year ago.
Mackie got more than that in one season.

I think people are seriously over-egging this guy. Yes has played well for 2 months, but asked to play cameos against mostly tiring Championship teams is very different from what we'll need from him next season I'm afraid.

Bare bones.

Zamora no new contract on 19:53 - May 29 with 1001 viewsMatch82

Obvious then isn't it?
Week by week contracts it is, we'll have a 30 goal a season striker...
Zamora no new contract on 21:35 - May 29 with 952 viewsYorkRanger

There is no room for sentiment. The strikers in our 25 man squad all have to be capable of playing 90 minutes at any time, Zamora cannot be relied upon.

He will always have a special place in our heart, but his football journey at QPR should now end.

Sorry
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024