Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Giant plan 'new town' 16:24 - Oct 6 with 7696 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Ok, from the Evening Standard, but...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/revealed-plans-for-5bn-new-town-on-grand-u
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 16:33 - Oct 6 with 5946 viewsdaveB

hopefully QPR win this battle otherwise I don't really see much of a future for the club
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 16:46 - Oct 6 with 5907 viewsElHoop

"The future of Old Oak lies in the regeneration of the entire area and not the piecemeal development of individual land holdings"

Exactly.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 16:57 - Oct 6 with 5860 viewsJamie

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 16:33 - Oct 6 by daveB

hopefully QPR win this battle otherwise I don't really see much of a future for the club

So whose fault would that be? Not TFs obviously..
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 16:59 - Oct 6 with 5855 viewsdaveB

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 16:57 - Oct 6 by Jamie

So whose fault would that be? Not TFs obviously..

Well if it doesn't happen plenty of people will be to blame, too simplistic to just blame one person
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:04 - Oct 6 with 5827 viewsNov77

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 16:33 - Oct 6 by daveB

does that future include playing games in the championship (or conference if the league get their way) in a three quarters empty stadium in harlsedens arsehole?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:06 - Oct 6 with 5817 viewsdaveB

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:04 - Oct 6 by Nov77

does that future include playing games in the championship (or conference if the league get their way) in a three quarters empty stadium in harlsedens arsehole?

err no, if we get relegated to the confrence then I think we'll have bigger worries than a new stadium
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:16 - Oct 6 with 5787 viewsBasingstokeR

You'd think if CarGiant want to "win hearts and minds" for their own cause; then they'd be a bit less bullish and a bit more tactful / diplomatic with the quotes and statements their releasing to the press.

“QPR are heading down a blind alley and it’s time the fans and everyone at the club realise that.”

^ That comes off a bit rude/patronising doesn't it? Perhaps they should be a touch more careful themselves after accusing others of "upsetting a lot of people”.

All turning into a bit of a mess from a purely press point of view.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:26 - Oct 6 with 5742 viewssmegma

Didnt the podcast people read out a statement from Cargiant a few weeks ago ?? I see the podcast is hosted by Chris Mendes and the owner of cargiant i also named Mendes. Any relation ?
Login to get fewer ads

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:28 - Oct 6 with 5726 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:16 - Oct 6 by BasingstokeR

You'd think if CarGiant want to "win hearts and minds" for their own cause; then they'd be a bit less bullish and a bit more tactful / diplomatic with the quotes and statements their releasing to the press.

“QPR are heading down a blind alley and it’s time the fans and everyone at the club realise that.”

^ That comes off a bit rude/patronising doesn't it? Perhaps they should be a touch more careful themselves after accusing others of "upsetting a lot of people”.

All turning into a bit of a mess from a purely press point of view.

It's the truth and it's QPR who showed huge disrespect to Mendes by making plans on HIS land.

I went to the consultation event in Kensal Rise and asked how QPR were going to get Mendes' land, they said that the club were trying to liaise with Mendes but he was not responding. We have agreements with other land owners but a substantial percentage of land needed for the stadium is owned by Mendes.

Forget about compulsory purchasing now that submitted his own plans, using his own land.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 17:29]
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:30 - Oct 6 with 5721 viewsNov77

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:26 - Oct 6 by smegma

Didnt the podcast people read out a statement from Cargiant a few weeks ago ?? I see the podcast is hosted by Chris Mendes and the owner of cargiant i also named Mendes. Any relation ?

Father/son

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:32 - Oct 6 with 5716 viewsBklynRanger

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:26 - Oct 6 by smegma

His son apparently.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:39 - Oct 6 with 5683 viewsdaveB

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:28 - Oct 6 by SpiritofGregory

It's the truth and it's QPR who showed huge disrespect to Mendes by making plans on HIS land.

I went to the consultation event in Kensal Rise and asked how QPR were going to get Mendes' land, they said that the club were trying to liaise with Mendes but he was not responding. We have agreements with other land owners but a substantial percentage of land needed for the stadium is owned by Mendes.

Forget about compulsory purchasing now that submitted his own plans, using his own land.

QPR and any developer are entitled to make plans as part of the regeneration, not disrespectful at all.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:46 - Oct 6 with 5656 viewsTW_R

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:39 - Oct 6 by daveB

QPR and any developer are entitled to make plans as part of the regeneration, not disrespectful at all.

Don't be ridiculous Dave. As far as SOG is concerned QPR only does things in a negative way. I don't see the point in supporting a club that one would dislike so much, but there you go.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:52 - Oct 6 with 5631 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:46 - Oct 6 by TW_R

Don't be ridiculous Dave. As far as SOG is concerned QPR only does things in a negative way. I don't see the point in supporting a club that one would dislike so much, but there you go.

Mendes owns the land you can't expect the man not to get upset when other businessmen make future plans on his land.

How would you like it if someone came along and said that they were going to build something on your property?
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:58 - Oct 6 with 5605 viewsElHoop

Mendes doesn't own any of Car Giant. He's the MD.

So his son has no reason whatsoever to act in a manner that is in any way whatsoever contrary to the interests of QPR.

Geoffrey Warren owns 100% of the share capital of Car giant and is one of the richest 400 in the country.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:59 - Oct 6 with 5598 viewsTacticalR

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:04 - Oct 6 by Nov77

'harlsedens arsehole' - Let's copyright that for when we sell the naming rights.

Air hostess clique

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:00 - Oct 6 with 5598 viewsdaveB

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:52 - Oct 6 by SpiritofGregory

Mendes owns the land you can't expect the man not to get upset when other businessmen make future plans on his land.

How would you like it if someone came along and said that they were going to build something on your property?

It shouldn't have been a shock to them as the area was open for people to make plans for re development which QPR have done and others can do as well. They either make their own plans which they have done or sell the land to someone else, I'm not sure why they feel the need to keep having a go at QPR, coming across as a bit bitter
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:07 - Oct 6 with 5563 viewsrichranger

Interesting Car Giant have bought the former John Lewis place in Park Royal. QPR had apparently bid for it too!

http://www.egi.co.uk/news/article.aspx?id=776057
[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 18:12]
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:13 - Oct 6 with 5528 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:00 - Oct 6 by daveB

It shouldn't have been a shock to them as the area was open for people to make plans for re development which QPR have done and others can do as well. They either make their own plans which they have done or sell the land to someone else, I'm not sure why they feel the need to keep having a go at QPR, coming across as a bit bitter

Yes but Mendes owns a substantial percentage of the land and always had the upper hand. He runs a successful business that makes millions in profit, he is no mug.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:14 - Oct 6 with 5522 viewsElHoop

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:13 - Oct 6 by SpiritofGregory

Yes but Mendes owns a substantial percentage of the land and always had the upper hand. He runs a successful business that makes millions in profit, he is no mug.

Mendes doesn't own any land.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:19 - Oct 6 with 5502 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:14 - Oct 6 by ElHoop

Mendes doesn't own any land.

If he doesn't that changes things however at the consultation they acknowledged that it was his land.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:23 - Oct 6 with 5485 viewsTheBlob

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:13 - Oct 6 by SpiritofGregory

The Council Planning Department have the upper hand.Whoever owns the land is an irrelevance.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 18:25 - Oct 6 with 5483 viewsElHoop

It looks as if Warren owned a lot of land himself and has been selling it back to the company in recent years.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 19:22 - Oct 6 with 5363 viewsBasingstokeR

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:28 - Oct 6 by SpiritofGregory

Whether it's the truth or not, from whatever perspective; and who's disrespected or offended whoever isn't related to the point I was trying to make.

I think that if CarGiant are going to go to press they could probably have done it in a bit more of a diplomatic / reasonable way. That's ignoring any QPR connections.
Car Giant plan 'new town' on 20:17 - Oct 6 with 5256 viewssmegma

Car Giant plan 'new town' on 17:58 - Oct 6 by ElHoop

Mendes doesn't own any of Car Giant. He's the MD.

So his son has no reason whatsoever to act in a manner that is in any way whatsoever contrary to the interests of QPR.

Geoffrey Warren owns 100% of the share capital of Car giant and is one of the richest 400 in the country.

Chris Mendes has more reason to act in any matter he wants seeing as it affects both the club he supports and his fathers job & business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024