Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! 09:25 - Jan 11 with 5032 viewswestolian

This weekend could have been a turning point for all teams at the bottom and we seem to have suffered more than most.

My fear going into this season was that we wouldn't score. Well, no need to worry on that front so, why aren't we concentrating on coaching or bringing in defenders ?

This is where Harry has shown himself to be totally inadequate and the reason he must now go.

IMO

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 09:40 - Jan 11 with 4989 viewsdaveB

It was one of those weekends when 3 games involved teams in the bottom 8 playing each other so was always going to be a big one, I think the results were all reversed from the previous fixture back iN December which didn't prove to be a turning point for the winners on that occasion. It's going to be close all the way to the end, the bottom six are all pretty poor teams so hard to call who is going to stay up.

A bad weekend for us in a lot of ways but we need to just put it behind us and go again next week
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 09:42 - Jan 11 with 4983 viewsichbinnaughty

"Go again"?!

I'd like us to start "go".
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 09:44 - Jan 11 with 4969 viewsJonDoeman

Horrendous day. Season defining.

It Is What It Is !!

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 09:55 - Jan 11 with 4932 viewsWilloW4

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 09:40 - Jan 11 by daveB

It was one of those weekends when 3 games involved teams in the bottom 8 playing each other so was always going to be a big one, I think the results were all reversed from the previous fixture back iN December which didn't prove to be a turning point for the winners on that occasion. It's going to be close all the way to the end, the bottom six are all pretty poor teams so hard to call who is going to stay up.

A bad weekend for us in a lot of ways but we need to just put it behind us and go again next week

"And go again next week"... Oh dear daveB...you even sound like redknapp now.!!
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:03 - Jan 11 with 4918 viewsdaveB

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 09:55 - Jan 11 by WilloW4

"And go again next week"... Oh dear daveB...you even sound like redknapp now.!!

what do you want to do then? Mass suicide? We lost and it sounds like we didn't play well again but another game next week and plenty more after that as well. You either fight on or give up, I think it's too soon to give up
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:29 - Jan 11 with 4848 viewsWilloW4

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:03 - Jan 11 by daveB

what do you want to do then? Mass suicide? We lost and it sounds like we didn't play well again but another game next week and plenty more after that as well. You either fight on or give up, I think it's too soon to give up

I want redknapp to, at least, admit to his failings,after nearly every game and yet another away defeat you say there's plenty of games left etc.. You just seem blinkered to redknapp and his constant crap that he spills out week after week..as for mass suicide... I'll pass on that. I've been going to rangers for over forty years and haven't given up yet, but like many on here Ive just had enough of redknapp and his old cronie mates.
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:30 - Jan 11 with 4838 viewsToast_R

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:03 - Jan 11 by daveB

We should all give up going to away matches.
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:39 - Jan 11 with 4820 viewsRaymond

Can see this weekend being the week we dropped back into the bottom 3 & stayed there.
Login to get fewer ads

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:53 - Jan 11 with 4787 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Well we went to our second away match of the season yesterday. Chelsea was the other.

Disappointing outcome of course. But the predictions of doom are OTT. The match was won and lost on a couple of poor bits of defending by players who have generally been doing OK - Isla, Dunne and Caulker. The stats show an even game and it was, as you would expect. 55% possession us, shots etc all quite even. We lost our shape with the substitutions.

The fact of the matter is that there are six teams who are roughly at the same level - QPR, Burnley, Leicester, Hull, Sunderland, Aston Villa - and as usual it will be the ones that make the big mistakes/lose their nerve that go down. Clubs like Norwich, Cardiff and Blackburn who sacked their managers without having good replacements set up.

Actually the worst part of away matches for me is listening to the moaners. A bit like this forum really.
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 11:39 - Jan 11 with 4718 viewseasthertsr

Can we go back to discussing Rachel Riley's legs? I need cheering up!
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 12:05 - Jan 11 with 4672 viewsRed_Ranger

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:53 - Jan 11 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Well we went to our second away match of the season yesterday. Chelsea was the other.

Disappointing outcome of course. But the predictions of doom are OTT. The match was won and lost on a couple of poor bits of defending by players who have generally been doing OK - Isla, Dunne and Caulker. The stats show an even game and it was, as you would expect. 55% possession us, shots etc all quite even. We lost our shape with the substitutions.

The fact of the matter is that there are six teams who are roughly at the same level - QPR, Burnley, Leicester, Hull, Sunderland, Aston Villa - and as usual it will be the ones that make the big mistakes/lose their nerve that go down. Clubs like Norwich, Cardiff and Blackburn who sacked their managers without having good replacements set up.

Actually the worst part of away matches for me is listening to the moaners. A bit like this forum really.

good post imo. agree. Palace must be in on the list as well
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 13:41 - Jan 11 with 4585 viewsOldPedro

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:53 - Jan 11 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Yesterday was my first away game of the season and agree with this. Not a lot between the teams at the bottom. Think this season will go right to the wire with 6 or 7 clubs involved.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 16:45 - Jan 11 with 4488 viewsdaveB

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 10:29 - Jan 11 by WilloW4

I want redknapp to, at least, admit to his failings,after nearly every game and yet another away defeat you say there's plenty of games left etc.. You just seem blinkered to redknapp and his constant crap that he spills out week after week..as for mass suicide... I'll pass on that. I've been going to rangers for over forty years and haven't given up yet, but like many on here Ive just had enough of redknapp and his old cronie mates.

No manager is going to admit to his failings after a defeat if he wants to stay in a job. I'm not blinkered at all to Redknapp, not calling for him to go every 5 minutes doesn't mean I think he's doing a good job. As I've posted countless times I think the problems run far deeper than Redknapp and have no faith at all in the club making the right call if we changed managers
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 23:25 - Jan 11 with 4310 viewsWilloW4

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 16:45 - Jan 11 by daveB

No manager is going to admit to his failings after a defeat if he wants to stay in a job. I'm not blinkered at all to Redknapp, not calling for him to go every 5 minutes doesn't mean I think he's doing a good job. As I've posted countless times I think the problems run far deeper than Redknapp and have no faith at all in the club making the right call if we changed managers

That's blah blah blah then daveB....a good manager would say we need to do better...at least!!! When our team runs onto the pitch at 3pm( or when tv permits).. It's his frigging job to get them to play ...entertaining football.. Nothing to do with back room drama... He's employed to have a decent football team.... He's a tired old man whose had it .!
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 12:26 - Jan 12 with 4154 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

daveb has a rare sensible approach on this forum, whereas most others vent their spleen and talk b******s. That's their prerogative, but 90% of the stuff on here about Redknapp is made up rubbish or deliberately misleading reaction to some tongue-in-cheek comment he has made.

Now is not the time to be changing managers unless you have a cast iron experienced motivator ready and willing to take over immediately. A Pulis or an O'Neill. That is not going to happen and the constant bitching doesn't help the club. As far as I can see Redknapp, for all his faults and foibles, is at least as good as any alternative we are likely to get.
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 13:36 - Jan 12 with 4103 viewsderbyhoop

Before anybody starts hurling more abuse at Redknapp and/or the players, think back to August and try to recall what you expected from this season. I thought we'd finish 18th but hope for about 15th. Given how small the gap is with the rest of the bottom half we're not far off.

And none of that is excusing the defensive mistakes nor the managerial lack of enthusiasm.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 13:39 - Jan 12 with 4094 viewsRaymond

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 13:36 - Jan 12 by derbyhoop

Before anybody starts hurling more abuse at Redknapp and/or the players, think back to August and try to recall what you expected from this season. I thought we'd finish 18th but hope for about 15th. Given how small the gap is with the rest of the bottom half we're not far off.

And none of that is excusing the defensive mistakes nor the managerial lack of enthusiasm.

Fantastic goal after spending £60m on fees in his time & probably another £20m on wages.
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 4002 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 13:39 - Jan 12 by Raymond

Fantastic goal after spending £60m on fees in his time & probably another £20m on wages.

Whilst your figures are wildly inaccurate that is the sort of money most teams spend to stand still in the Premier League these days.

For realism see the betting market where we have been third favourites for relegation almost throughout. I agree with derbyhoop about expectations. Anything better than 18th would be more than acceptable and barring accidents and stupid decisions that is still on the cards, hence you can get evens about relegation or not.
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 16:14 - Jan 13 with 3965 viewsHarbour

+1 nothing going to change on manager front between now and June unless Harry walks voluntarily which is highly unlikely....heres a novel idea lets get 100% behind HR and the team on saturday...
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 16:21 - Jan 13 with 3953 viewsJamie

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 13:36 - Jan 12 by derbyhoop

I'd have taken 17th at the start of the season, and still would now.

To get that though, in all likelihood we are going to have to pick up 10-12 points on the road. Which based on this weekend, is a huge task.
Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 17:02 - Jan 13 with 3927 viewsjohncharles

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 16:14 - Jan 13 by Harbour

+1 nothing going to change on manager front between now and June unless Harry walks voluntarily which is highly unlikely....heres a novel idea lets get 100% behind HR and the team on saturday...

Nothing novel about getting a 100% behind the team. Always have, always will. Before Harry and after he's gone.

Strong and stable my arse.

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 17:06 - Jan 13 with 3921 viewsShotKneesHoop

Well, that couldn't have gone any worser ! on 17:02 - Jan 13 by johncharles

Nothing novel about getting a 100% behind the team. Always have, always will. Before Harry and after he's gone.

I think the support and commitment can't be faulted - based on what has been dished up sometimes, the crowd have more than most clubs would.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024