Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belfasssssst - things to do advice 13:34 - Mar 2 with 4358 viewsDaiHo0p

Going there for the first time for 2 nights in April - part of our joint 50th celebrations. Staying in the Tit Quarter (Premier Inn) as we are going to see Muse the day we arrive (again ffs, missus and all that) in the SSE next door, so afternoon prior to that might be doing the titanic experience.

What is there worth doing for the next day?
Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 14:01 - Mar 2 with 4334 viewsMick_S

Dai - if you have a hire car try the north coast drive, taking this place in for lunch:

http://www.bushmillsinn.com/

The drive is a piece of cake, and strangely enough, can be even better when it rains, which it will. Any of the N.I. tourist sites will point you in the right direction.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 15:22 - Mar 2 with 4274 viewsrobith

If you can get a car, the north Antrim coast is absolutely jaw dropping.

Obligatory pint in the crown too
Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 18:22 - Mar 2 with 4211 viewsWareRanger

Would certainly recommend the hop on hop off bus tour. Takes you to everywhere you need to see including Stormont, City Hall, Titanic quarter, Crumlin Road prison and the peace walls.
I worked out there for a couple of years and loved the place. You can't believe what a divided city it is until you see it for yourself. Plenty of football grounds to tick off as well if there's a local game on.
As previously mentioned, the coastal drive to the north coast is unbelievable and well worth a day trip if you've got time.
Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 18:34 - Mar 2 with 4196 viewskomradkirk

Antrim coast road is a very scenic drive,with many good stop off points.All the attractions mentioned in Belfast are worth a look.If you take a black taxi tour of the murals try and take in both sides because there are two sides to this place.
Some good bars in the Cathedral quarter if you venture from the Crown and Robinsons on Great Vic St.
To be fair there are enough good bars for a real long pub crawl.
Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 11:52 - Mar 3 with 4060 viewshovehoop

If you have time, the Giants Causeway is worth a look and from memory it's near the Bushmills Distillery so you can visit both.

Also, if the Crown is the pub with the booth seating inside (with doors to each booth) then that's worth a look too - I can't remember the pub name though I remember being taken aback by the decor.
Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 12:07 - Mar 3 with 4043 viewslondonscottish

Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 15:22 - Mar 2 by robith

If you can get a car, the north Antrim coast is absolutely jaw dropping.

Obligatory pint in the crown too

Agree with both of them

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 12:11 - Mar 3 with 4038 viewsDaiHo0p

Thanks all

My Director here is a Belfast boy and he mentioned a pub that hasn't changed since the Empire - is that the Crown?
Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 16:38 - Mar 3 with 3944 viewslondonscottish

Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 12:11 - Mar 3 by DaiHo0p

Thanks all

My Director here is a Belfast boy and he mentioned a pub that hasn't changed since the Empire - is that the Crown?

Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Liquor_Saloon

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Belfasssssst - things to do advice on 18:32 - Mar 3 with 3912 viewsDougal_RBlock

Hey,

first of all it always rains over here so be prepared!

If your going out for drinks Head to the Cathedral Quarter, its about a 10min walk across the river from where you are or a £4 taxi ride! It's the place to be in Belfast at the moment and has some lovely pubs.
The Dirty Onion, The John Hewitt, Duke of York, The Harp Bar.

If you have time and a car the North Coast is a lovely part of the Country.

The Titanic Experience is alright, but it's a do it once and say you've done it type of thing.

There are some top restaurants in the City ( it's called a city but everything is a 10min walk away), just depends on your tastes.

If you want to treat the Mrs to a nice Cocktail, then The Merchant Hotel cocktail bar, Muriel's, The Perch are the places to visit!

Any other Q's I'll be more than happy to answer.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 19:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024