Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit fear mongering 12:48 - Apr 13 with 10753 views1BobbyHazell

Wiki definition - 'Fear mongering or scaremongering is the deliberate use of fear based tactics including exaggeration and usually repetition to influence the public in order to achieve a desired outcome.'

I see David Miliband, a man, we shouldn't forget, who carries the almost unthinkable label of being deemed less effective than his brother, has been shoved out by the Secret Handshakers to terrify us all.

In a breathtaking display, even by politicians standards, of Bullshitchutzpah he has claimed that an out vote would not only contribute to the 'destruction of International order' but is 'THE NUMBER ONE THREAT TO THE GLOBAL (yes GLOBAL) ECONOMY.' !!!!!

F-ing hell!! They don't do the scaremongering by half these fellas, you know The Powers That Be are afraid of the public actually choosing something not in their plan when they start throwing around such blatantly over the top threats.

This is on the ITV News website -

"The historic failure of the IMF is that it has normally been too optimistic. When it gets gloomy, perhaps we should be afraid, very afraid. "

That's an editorial piece of writing by the way not a quote from a Stay In campaigner. All that's missing is a ghost going 'woooooo' at the end of the sentence.

Pathetic, but sadly, as they well know which is why they do it, very effective.

As for the IMF's hilarious warning, have a listen to the Icelandic President at the time of their 'exit' and the warnings he received from them. This is comfortably the best interview with a politician I have ever listened to. Very relevant to our current times. Well worth a listen.

Stay strong brothers and sisters.
Brexit fear mongering on 12:56 - Apr 13 with 8397 viewsbosh67

I think we should leave and join the Canadians. They seem pretty stable and sane.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Brexit fear mongering on 13:05 - Apr 13 with 8378 viewshoof_hearted

I imagine he's extrapolating a vision where other countries start mooting exiting and the euro is strained to breaking point. It's possible. What is the greatest threat to the world economy in the next few months then?
Brexit fear mongering on 13:09 - Apr 13 with 8365 viewsJuzzie

A threat to the global economy they say? So what has gone on over the last decade or two is a success????

I saw that headline this morning and PMSL. Yup, seems to me they're $hitting it.
Brexit fear mongering on 13:10 - Apr 13 with 8365 viewsTheBlob

I said you should consult George Soros on the Euro/Sterling thread.
He's at it again - probably backed the pound this time.
The EU is a basket case.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/660556/EU-mortal-danger-collapse-warns-billi

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit fear mongering on 13:19 - Apr 13 with 8336 viewsDiscodroids

"Where there's a will - and there is a fuking will - there's a way - and there is a fuking way.."
Vote Leave 23rd June..
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 13:20]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Brexit fear mongering on 13:20 - Apr 13 with 8330 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit fear mongering on 13:05 - Apr 13 by hoof_hearted

I imagine he's extrapolating a vision where other countries start mooting exiting and the euro is strained to breaking point. It's possible. What is the greatest threat to the world economy in the next few months then?

There isn't one, it is an illusion maintained and controlled by a select few to keep the multitudes in their place. Quite why everyone isn't starting to question how sovereign nations can be 'in debt' to institutions that exist within them is beyond me. Utter farce, but one so big and all pervasive that it seems most people are still struggling to see and accept the obvious illusionary nature of it. Just numbers on a computer screen being juggled around and manipulated by those in the know.

This film and its follow ups have more than enough information if you are genuinely interested.

Brexit fear mongering on 13:23 - Apr 13 with 8315 viewsTheBlob

It's a funny old world where the grass is greener on both sides of the fence.
The Germans are espousing solidarity whilst making greater ties with China and Putin.And the gold exchange is moving to Shanghai.No wonder Obama wants us to be shackled to a corpse.

Brexit fear mongering on 13:24 - Apr 13 with 8312 viewshoof_hearted

Oh oh....the lizard botherers are roused. I'm out of here
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit fear mongering on 13:26 - Apr 13 with 8303 viewsBrightonhoop

It's now an open topic despite Cameron claiming adamently he will remain as PM after an OUT vote, it is largely accepted he wont last 24 hours in such a vote as him negotiating an exit in the two years after is unthinkable as he cant be pro-EU and pro-Brit after an exit vote.

So is it not better all round Cameron, now this is as much a referendum on him, walks the plan sooner than later, hours or days at best?

And yes I agree, they are now scaremongering. The IMF made such a mess of Greece, with there German cohorts, have all the competency of a chocolate tea pot. If it is an out vote they will have to ratify pretty damned quickly agreements for all the Brit expats in Europe not just Spain, but all the EU citizens, French, Spanish, Italian etc working in London and elsewhere in the UK.

Urgent need is required to underpin the Steel industry or we might as well ditch the RAF and Army, Navy etc as relying on foreign imports is really not a good business plan. UK needs to be resourceful to be independent.
Brexit fear mongering on 13:32 - Apr 13 with 8278 viewsTheBlob

Brexit fear mongering on 13:24 - Apr 13 by hoof_hearted

Back to the day school with you.

Brexit fear mongering on 13:33 - Apr 13 with 8271 views1BobbyHazell

I think it's for the best. You offered me an explanation sentence that included the words 'imagine' and 'extrapolation'. Great, doesn't get more concrete or factual than that!!

I offered you two excellent pieces FILLED WITH INFORMATION AND FACTS and you think it best to duck out rather that take in the information and get back to me with your considered views.

I think the phrase 'out of your depth' could safely be applied.
Brexit fear mongering on 13:38 - Apr 13 with 8251 views1BobbyHazell

Ps I'd be much obliged if you could answer my question about how sovereign nations can be indebted to institutions that exist within them. I've been asking this question a lot and yet funnily enough no one has ever attempted to provide an answer, let alone a satisfactory one. Perhaps you could be the first.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 13:39]
Brexit fear mongering on 13:39 - Apr 13 with 8251 viewsR_from_afar

Brexit fear mongering on 13:05 - Apr 13 by hoof_hearted

"What is the greatest threat to the world economy in the next few months then?" Coming right up, guv'nor...
http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GRR/WEF_GRR16.pdf

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit fear mongering on 13:45 - Apr 13 with 8239 viewsTheBlob

Brexit fear mongering on 13:38 - Apr 13 by 1BobbyHazell

Ps I'd be much obliged if you could answer my question about how sovereign nations can be indebted to institutions that exist within them. I've been asking this question a lot and yet funnily enough no one has ever attempted to provide an answer, let alone a satisfactory one. Perhaps you could be the first.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 13:39]

Because the correct answers would see you deleted quicker than you could pronounce Central Bank.

Brexit fear mongering on 13:50 - Apr 13 with 8223 viewshoof_hearted

Brexit fear mongering on 13:39 - Apr 13 by R_from_afar

"What is the greatest threat to the world economy in the next few months then?" Coming right up, guv'nor...

RFA

That is some document. Actuaries stick to facts and sound assumptions and have no interest in political angles. I'm scared now - just not of Brexit or Eurin.
Brexit fear mongering on 13:52 - Apr 13 with 8216 viewsTheBlob

Brexit fear mongering on 13:50 - Apr 13 by hoof_hearted

That is some document. Actuaries stick to facts and sound assumptions and have no interest in political angles. I'm scared now - just not of Brexit or Eurin.

You should be interested in political angles - especially of those who financed that document.

Brexit fear mongering on 14:21 - Apr 13 with 8193 viewsisawqpratwcity

Brexit fear mongering on 13:39 - Apr 13 by R_from_afar

RFA

Just had a quick look so far and it appears very interesting (Figures 1 and 3 are absolute rippers!).

Needs some time to digest.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Brexit fear mongering on 14:34 - Apr 13 with 8170 viewsQPRDave

If we are so vital not only to the EU but globally, why didn't the EU offer us a better deal when davie boy went a beggin ?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 14:34]
Brexit fear mongering on 14:40 - Apr 13 with 8150 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit fear mongering on 14:34 - Apr 13 by QPRDave

If we are so vital not only to the EU but globally, why didn't the EU offer us a better deal when davie boy went a beggin ?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 14:34]

Haha, I never thought I'd post these words but here goes-

That's a very good point Dave!

If our Brexit is going to bring about a global (I love that bit, like the Chinese etc really give a f*ck) economic catastrophe and the breakdown of world order surely we'd have had a ridiculously large bargaining chip to get a good deal with.
Brexit fear mongering on 14:49 - Apr 13 with 8141 viewsQPRDave

Brexit fear mongering on 14:40 - Apr 13 by 1BobbyHazell

Haha, I never thought I'd post these words but here goes-

That's a very good point Dave!

If our Brexit is going to bring about a global (I love that bit, like the Chinese etc really give a f*ck) economic catastrophe and the breakdown of world order surely we'd have had a ridiculously large bargaining chip to get a good deal with.

We certainly agree on this bobby.... .... sorry I'm getting too mushy now
Brexit fear mongering on 16:18 - Apr 13 with 8074 viewsrunningman75

The world was going to end on 01/01/2000 when computers went into meltdown. It did not happen. The UK will not wake up to devastation and zombies should we decide to leave the EU.
Brexit fear mongering on 17:08 - Apr 13 with 8044 viewsTheBlob

Brexit fear mongering on 16:18 - Apr 13 by runningman75

The world was going to end on 01/01/2000 when computers went into meltdown. It did not happen. The UK will not wake up to devastation and zombies should we decide to leave the EU.

We were fed the same alarmist bullshit over not joining the Euro remember?

Brexit fear mongering on 17:50 - Apr 13 with 8003 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The EU vote - F..k it, just toss a coin and be done with it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit fear mongering on 18:29 - Apr 13 with 7968 viewsJigsore

https://giant.gfycat.com/SilkyBoringHorsechestnutleafminer.webm

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Brexit fear mongering on 18:34 - Apr 13 with 7964 viewsderbyhoop

It's not scaremongering and it's not just the IMF, though. 100 leading economists were polled by the FT in January. The assessment was that the UK's economy would be weaker next year, the result coming too late to affect 2016 performance in a significant way. How many of those 100 economists dissented from the standard view? NONE.

All assessments by leading forecasting companies point to a decline on UK GDP of between 0.5 and 9.8%. Then the governor of the BOE stated that a Brexit was the biggest threat to the UK economy.

The difficulty is that it's impossible to be certain on the possible effect as the nearest precedent is when Greenland left the EU in 1985. It took them 3 years, with considerable Danish help, to organise a free trade deal covering 56,000 people and 1 industry, fishing. For me coming out does not stack up on any economic and trade grounds. Now, if the Out campaign want to focus on any other issues, that's a different argument.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024