Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Andy Murray 22:13 - Nov 20 with 2083 viewsbosh67

2016 world number 1. Incredible performance tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/38046276

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Well done Andy Murray on 22:41 - Nov 20 with 2061 viewsjohncharles

Andy Murray World No 1. Fantastic achievement.

Strong and stable my arse.

Well done Andy Murray on 06:16 - Nov 21 with 1976 viewsqpr1976

Thirded.

If anyone had said back in the days of Henman failing at the quarters or occasional Semi stages, that we'd have a British winner of 3 Majors, including 2 Wimbledons, a double Olympic Gold Medalist, leading the way in us winning the Davis Cup and being world #1, they'd have been laughed out of the country. you'd certainly have got amazing odds.
Much better odds than he'll be for winning BBC SPotY for the 3rd time.....

Tin hat on now, for those slating him being a Scottish tw@t and having a (not very) private & personal joke with Henman in a press conference.
Well done Andy Murray on 07:31 - Nov 21 with 1952 viewsstuabd

Amazing dedication and talent. He's just ousted a bloke that may well go on and have the best record ever in male tennis.

Well played!
Well done Andy Murray on 08:40 - Nov 21 with 1912 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Haven't followed tennis properly in a while (is Borg still playing?) but I've always liked Murray. Great achievement coming from Scotland to World Number 1.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Andy Murray on 08:52 - Nov 21 with 1897 viewspomanjou

Spectacular achievement born out of dogged determination, excellent shot selection. Seldom spectacular but gets the job done.

Never has mastered the serve , his weakest link, but lets not be churlish in his days of glory.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Well done Andy Murray on 11:10 - Nov 21 with 1833 viewssuperstan

Well done Andy Murray on 06:16 - Nov 21 by qpr1976

Thirded.

If anyone had said back in the days of Henman failing at the quarters or occasional Semi stages, that we'd have a British winner of 3 Majors, including 2 Wimbledons, a double Olympic Gold Medalist, leading the way in us winning the Davis Cup and being world #1, they'd have been laughed out of the country. you'd certainly have got amazing odds.

Tin hat on now, for those slating him being a Scottish tw@t and having a (not very) private & personal joke with Henman in a press conference.

Don't get this love in for Murray, yes great tennis player but backed Scottish independence, just another Sean Connery/Rod Stewart, if he was an English player you wouldn't have the Scots bumming him up, as for Djokovic praising his wife, there are plenty of single mums looking after their kids, I bet it's really hard for her and her nannies.
Well done Andy Murray on 11:17 - Nov 21 with 1823 viewsfrancisbowles

Well done to both Andy & Jamie both no 1's.
Well done Andy Murray on 11:18 - Nov 21 with 1820 viewsMaggsinho

Well done Andy Murray on 11:10 - Nov 21 by superstan

Don't get this love in for Murray, yes great tennis player but backed Scottish independence, just another Sean Connery/Rod Stewart, if he was an English player you wouldn't have the Scots bumming him up, as for Djokovic praising his wife, there are plenty of single mums looking after their kids, I bet it's really hard for her and her nannies.

Seems fairly simple, regardless of his worldview he's a British sportsman who's the best in the world at what he does.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Andy Murray on 11:32 - Nov 21 with 1805 viewsMrSheen

Could have accepted he would never be Number 1 in an era of outstanding players and still made a great living. Not a bit of it. Really impressive to see that burning will to win.
Well done Andy Murray on 12:15 - Nov 21 with 1774 viewsTacticalR

Well done Andy Murray on 11:10 - Nov 21 by superstan

I am wondering if there should be a Trump-style registry of anyone who might not be loyal to Great Brexitania? (at least until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on).

Air hostess clique

Well done Andy Murray on 13:31 - Nov 21 with 1725 viewshoof_hearted

Well done Andy Murray on 06:16 - Nov 21 by qpr1976

Thirded.

Never again in our lifetimes, that's for sure.

...and don't bother trying to get a bet on SPOTY. Hamilton could sneak in if he wins the world title while shagging Nicole Schitslinger up the manifold for the entire race.

(Well one vote from me, anyway )
Well done Andy Murray on 13:35 - Nov 21 with 1719 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Fantastic achievements.
I am not generally a massive fan of Sweaties but he is alright.
Well done Andy Murray on 13:44 - Nov 21 with 1702 viewsSimonJames

And when you look at how many matches the bloke has played this year (87 singles, 7 doubles & 2 exhibitions), it must take inhuman levels of willpower and fitness to continue performing at that level.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Well done Andy Murray on 14:39 - Nov 21 with 1662 viewskensalriser

Incredible achievement, especially so given that he knocked the machine that is Djokovic off the top spot.

Quite enjoying that he's Scottish too, as it really seems to rile up humourless English nationalists!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Well done Andy Murray on 19:35 - Nov 21 with 1585 viewssuperstan

Well done Andy Murray on 14:39 - Nov 21 by kensalriser

Incredible achievement, especially so given that he knocked the machine that is Djokovic off the top spot.

Quite enjoying that he's Scottish too, as it really seems to rile up humourless English nationalists!

Doesn't rile me at all, just saying if he was English, he wouldn't get praise from the Scots.
Well done Andy Murray on 19:55 - Nov 21 with 1572 viewskarl

Well done Andy Murray on 19:35 - Nov 21 by superstan

Doesn't rile me at all, just saying if he was English, he wouldn't get praise from the Scots.

Sorry but that is not true Imo. We won't universally support an English team perhaps but individual English sports stars get good backing. Jessica Ennis, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farah easy examples but boxers, Formula 1 drivers etc are always lauded when they do well, never hear anything about them being English per se
Well done Andy Murray on 20:07 - Nov 21 with 1561 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Amazing achievement, well done Andy!

I don't get the anti Scottish sentiment in some but I'm sure they have their reasons, can't say I'm in the least bit bothered by it.
Well done Andy Murray on 20:54 - Nov 21 with 1532 viewsflynnbo

Remember seeing him live at Wimbledon when he made his first appearance and what struck me even then was his determination to try and retrieve seemingly lost causes. Very impressed back then and even more so now. Well done, Andy, and your brother for that matter too.
Well done Andy Murray on 02:57 - Nov 22 with 1474 viewsFredManRave

Well done Andy Murray on 13:44 - Nov 21 by SimonJames

And when you look at how many matches the bloke has played this year (87 singles, 7 doubles & 2 exhibitions), it must take inhuman levels of willpower and fitness to continue performing at that level.

Exactly and especially the last 5months of this year because he was a fair way behind Djokovich after he'd won both the Australian and the French Opens.

I've never disliked the guy but ironically found him difficult to like but having watched (admitedly only part of) a documentary on him when he was interviewed by John Inverdale or Sue Barker, I'm not sure which as they all look the same to me, you could see that he does just have a very quiet and refrained personality. Nothing wrong with that. He's also extremely dedicated and professional obviously and finishing this year as World Number 1 is a very impressive achievement.

Congrats Andy.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Well done Andy Murray on 13:00 - Nov 22 with 1413 viewsR_from_afar

Well done Andy Murray on 19:35 - Nov 21 by superstan

Not that you wish to generalise in any way...

I have a Scottish wife and I can tell you that not all Scots hate the English. Not all her friends and family were pro-independence.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024