Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader 20:59 - Jan 26 with 15853 viewseasthertsr

This unelected idiot spouting vile right-wing bile to try to get on side with that c*nt! Doesn't it make you be proud to be British?
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 23:20 - Jan 28 with 1767 viewsBoston

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 22:43 - Jan 28 by easthertsr

Ok she has now refused to condemn Trump's racist ban on people entering the US. I am more than ever ashamed of my countries leader. This isn't a matter for the US government, it is a matter for those of us who stand against all that is wrong with this nonsense. For goodness sake, have we really come to this?

My goodness, an elected official following through on their campaign promises, it's criminal.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 23:31 - Jan 28 with 1758 viewsFDC

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 07:34 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

To be honest, I thought that May came across as desperate and amateurish.

It's obvious that Britain needs the U.S. now that it is out of Europe but there was no need for May to go all Dickensian with the begging bowl straight away. She reminded me of the pathetic Irish politicians who fawn all over the White House every St. Patrick's Day.

By rushing over there immediately and by being so subservient she has just made the negotiations on a Britain-U.S. trade deal much, much harder for her Country. As despicable as Thatcher was, she would never have made this mistake.

I heard someone suggest recently that the haste with which May has got herself photographed with Trump etc might have something to do with the assessment that a) she needs to do it because it makes out like the UK doesn't need the EU but b) the longer she leaves it the more crazy shit he'll have done. Seems reasonable. A day later he's preventing card carrying Americans from coming though immigration because they're Muslim.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 23:33]
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:02 - Jan 29 with 1712 views2Thomas2Bowles

9/11. Boston
Really did turn a lot of yanks against muslims regarding home security, well the ones that voted for Trump so I don't think they will be giving much care for what he does

It is scary that this is so widely targeting muslims for no other reason than they are Muslim.

I'm not saying it's anywhere near what went on with the Jews in the 30's but...
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 0:06]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:09 - Jan 29 with 1691 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:02 - Jan 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

9/11. Boston
Really did turn a lot of yanks against muslims regarding home security, well the ones that voted for Trump so I don't think they will be giving much care for what he does

It is scary that this is so widely targeting muslims for no other reason than they are Muslim.

I'm waiting for a Constitutional challenge....

....followed by the nomination of a very conservative Supreme Court judge.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:12 - Jan 29 with 1682 viewsDannytheR

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:02 - Jan 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

9/11. Boston

Worth remembering that the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, the Lebanon and Egypt. Not one of these countries is on Trump's list.

He does, however, have business interests in three of the four of them.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:19 - Jan 29 with 1702 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:12 - Jan 29 by DannytheR

Worth remembering that the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, the Lebanon and Egypt. Not one of these countries is on Trump's list.

He does, however, have business interests in three of the four of them.

Most Yanks that don't care about muslims won't care what country they are from.

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 00:30 - Jan 29 with 1686 views2Thomas2Bowles

May now back tracking saying 'does not agree' with US refugee ban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38786576
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 0:31]

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 14:03 - Feb 7 with 1511 viewsTacticalR

On the NHS...I am currently reading The City: London and the Global Power of Finance (2016) by ex-city trader and Marxist Tony Norfield and he made an interesting point about the creation of the NHS in a recent interview:

Q: You write about the 1945-51 Labour government which wanted to maintain the Empire and continue exploiting the colonies — something missing from the Labour Party's triumphant welfare state narrative.

A: I really find this funny — even though it's more sad than funny — especially in the talk about "Our NHS". Don't get me wrong, I think having a health service free at the point of use is a great thing, but in what sense is it our NHS? Because the facts show that when Britain set the thing up it was part of a political deal.

When it came to paying for the NHS and the welfare state after the war you need to look at where they got the money from, because Britain was essentially bankrupt at that point. They borrowed 20 percent of GDP: half of it came from the Americans and the other half came from ripping off the colonies.

There were long-term plans that the Labour Party had for continuing this rip-off, like under-paying West African countries for commodities or using the Sterling Area system to get a cheap loan from other countries in the Empire. So the welfare state, looked upon as a touchstone of civilisation and progress by the left, has a chequered past. It was discussed across all parties in the 1930s, with key policies proposed by William Beveridge in the early 1940s, and was implemented in a political deal done by the British establishment and the trade unions and the Labour Party. It was a national patriotic deal, which was why it was not reversed by the succeeding Conservative governments.

Everything You Know About How the City of London Works Is Wrong
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/interview-tony-norfield-the-city-london-and-t

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024