Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The McClaren way 05:41 - Jul 29 with 2507 viewsozexile

Heard this a few times now from supporters. Can anyone who's been to any friendlies please explain how he has us set up. Playing from the back? 2 x def midfielders etc?
Patient build up? Quick transition to attack?

Thanks in advance.
The McClaren way on 06:57 - Jul 29 with 2422 viewstimcocking

When we took the centre, i noticed to my delight we didn't punt the ball straight to the wing to immediately concede possession and let them injure one of our players for the first time in over a decade...
The McClaren way on 07:49 - Jul 29 with 2334 viewsdaveB

I don't think you can judge much from friendlies but style wise was similar to how we finished last season at home with Scowen and Luongo sitting and the 3 behind Smith all interchanging positions and looking to get into the box. All 3 of them (Eze, BOS and Freeman) were very impressive yesterday. Luongo didn't seem to get forward as much as he did last season but a lot of that may be due to fitness, he looked knackered early and clearly a few weeks behind the other players

Looks like he wants to play out from the back but neither of the centre halves looked that comfortable doing it so not sure if that will continue or if thats why he is trying to sign Sainsbury to do that for us

Should add both full backs were very good yesterday, was very impressed with Kakay
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 7:53]
The McClaren way on 08:16 - Jul 29 with 2252 viewssmegma

The McClaren way on 06:57 - Jul 29 by timcocking

When we took the centre, i noticed to my delight we didn't punt the ball straight to the wing to immediately concede possession and let them injure one of our players for the first time in over a decade...

'When we took the centre? '
The McClaren way on 08:46 - Jul 29 with 2144 viewsozexile

Thanks guys. Do you think he'll change that away from home?
The McClaren way on 09:08 - Jul 29 with 2040 viewsStanisgod

The McClaren way on 08:16 - Jul 29 by smegma

'When we took the centre? '

It's old skool for kicking off!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The McClaren way on 11:16 - Jul 29 with 1657 viewsTacticalR

The McClaren way on 09:08 - Jul 29 by Stanisgod

It's old skool for kicking off!

Possession-based hooliganism.

Air hostess clique

The McClaren way on 11:21 - Jul 29 with 1645 viewsenfieldargh

so far we have played ou from the back but seem to keen to play along the back line. Scowen Mass Eze Luongo drop deep to collect the ball but if closed down pass it back again

When we start meeting serious opposition I hope Lynch will be more definite with his across the back passing as he seems to pass the ball with very little pace on it

A Billy Sharp type player will be waiting like a buzzard to pick them off

On the whole yesterday was pleasing on the eye with some good slick passing and continual pressing but please keep in mind Berlin were woeful

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024