Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leg room at LR 10:01 - Dec 30 with 6436 viewsthame_hoops

Sat in C block SAR yesterday for the first time in a year (villa home 2017) and remembered why i hate it so much, despite a good view and built in padded cushion there was no room in the seat for me with people either side! I’m 6’4’’, in shape etc so not fat, but literally couldn’t sit comfortably for the game. Had to sit crooked and hold one leg all game to stop the seat in front from digging into my knees.

Seems to be more room in the paddocks, loft upper just as bad, anyone else have these problems, it’s making me not want to bother going again if I can’t get in the paddocks .. or am I just too tall for these old stadiums
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 10:54]
Leg room at LR on 10:27 - Dec 31 with 1590 viewsPinnerPaul

Leg room at LR on 16:18 - Dec 30 by CamberleyR

"I think ellerslie has more room than SAR"

I wouldn't say that. I'm the same height as you (6' 4") and also average build and I think the last time I sat in ER was the League Cup game against Sunderland a few seasons ago and the seat I had that night was absolutely dreadful for leg room (V Block I think). Right at the back of the stand I was in agony by the end and the leg room issue wasn't helped by the overhang of the commentary gantry giving a generally poor view as well.

The cramped seating along with the generally average to poor refreshment facilities is one factor that will prevent us attracting new, long term fans.

Re your last paragraph.

As I said in another thread, or some reason my fellow ST holders seemed to have moved away from me in T block this season!

The newbees always start off my saying 'What a great view' when they arrive, followed very quickly by 'Hmmm there's not much room is there!'
Leg room at LR on 10:40 - Dec 31 with 1569 viewsHantsR

I sit in C block SAR usually next to a modest size fellow ST holder, gent. At the Reading game, my companion was a much larger puffy who found it difficult to stay still. He plainly was unaware of the tradition of synchronised breathing and cheek (lower) shifting that regulars practise.
Leg room at LR on 11:32 - Dec 31 with 1543 viewsthame_hoops

Leg room at LR on 10:40 - Dec 31 by HantsR

I sit in C block SAR usually next to a modest size fellow ST holder, gent. At the Reading game, my companion was a much larger puffy who found it difficult to stay still. He plainly was unaware of the tradition of synchronised breathing and cheek (lower) shifting that regulars practise.

I was thinking next time of taking a strip of 28mm foam water pipe lagging to clip onto the back of the chair in front or wear shin/knee pads
Leg room at LR on 12:28 - Dec 31 with 1501 viewsTacticalR

Leg room at LR on 11:32 - Dec 31 by thame_hoops

I was thinking next time of taking a strip of 28mm foam water pipe lagging to clip onto the back of the chair in front or wear shin/knee pads

That's a good suggestion. Knee pads would be a best-seller in the club shop.

Air hostess clique

Leg room at LR on 19:09 - Feb 9 with 1313 viewsthame_hoops

I found a solution, Row F in the paddocks (back row) had slightly more legroom to the point I could sit comfortably OR evern better, stand!. Perfect.
Leg room at LR on 19:20 - Feb 9 with 1282 viewsBoston

Leg room at LR on 19:09 - Feb 9 by thame_hoops

I found a solution, Row F in the paddocks (back row) had slightly more legroom to the point I could sit comfortably OR evern better, stand!. Perfect.

Back row anywhere, or front of the paddocks should suit ya.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Leg room at LR on 19:28 - Feb 9 with 1265 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My ST is above the stairs leading from the concourse into the stand. We’ve been there for 12 years and we are both 6’0. We have all the legroom in the world.

Technically restricted view, but we never found a problem. Maybe check out those areas.
Leg room at LR on 20:38 - Feb 9 with 1189 viewsLongsufferingR

...and another piece of advice. Sit up properly!! I'm 6ft and yes, there's not much space when the row is full, but I don't need to knee the guy in front of me every five minutes like the newbies behind me today did. All they talked about the whole fking match was how their knees hurt (except for when they shouted for Smith to be subbed ten minutes after our third sub came on).

If you slouch, your knees hit the seats in front. If you sit up, they don't. It's a cramped ground but it's our cramped ground, so just get on with it!
Login to get fewer ads

Leg room at LR on 23:26 - Feb 9 with 1123 viewsToast_R

Leg room at LR on 20:38 - Feb 9 by LongsufferingR

...and another piece of advice. Sit up properly!! I'm 6ft and yes, there's not much space when the row is full, but I don't need to knee the guy in front of me every five minutes like the newbies behind me today did. All they talked about the whole fking match was how their knees hurt (except for when they shouted for Smith to be subbed ten minutes after our third sub came on).

If you slouch, your knees hit the seats in front. If you sit up, they don't. It's a cramped ground but it's our cramped ground, so just get on with it!

Well thats just bollocks.
Slouch or sit straight - your fu*ked either way. Shouldnt even be legal on personal safety grounds.
Leg room at LR on 09:25 - Feb 10 with 1044 viewsHarrowRoadR

Leg room at LR on 23:26 - Feb 9 by Toast_R

Well thats just bollocks.
Slouch or sit straight - your fu*ked either way. Shouldnt even be legal on personal safety grounds.

As a tall female I can't sit straight up, cos me legs are too long. I had to sit either sideways or legs apart to fit in, not a pretty sight! I've sat in most areas. I now have a front row seat in LL not a great seat for the view but don't have to keep getting up and down to let people in and out.
Leg room at LR on 09:53 - Feb 10 with 1020 viewsA40Bosh

I started a poll at half time yesterday about whether to go then and that was based on the real physical agony of having to alternate between actual standing and half crouching with my arse on the back of the seat in row X in SAR. Fall out of the ground every game because my knees are in agony. 6’3, sore of knee, please Mr Hoos find some space for me

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Leg room at LR on 10:13 - Feb 10 with 1004 viewsbeanofire1

Since my diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis a couple of years back, I've been to LR less and less as my knees got progressively worse.

Now that we're moving to Spain by the end of this year, it looks very much like I've been to my last game at HQ.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Leg room at LR on 10:47 - Feb 10 with 973 viewsBillionR

The lack of leg room is the main reason I gave up my season ticket after 15 years or so. I’m 5’10” and have sat in both Ellerslie and SAR - both were horrendously uncomfortable. Moved seats in SAR when my wife decided she wanted to come along and we literally couldn’t fit in the new ones. We found some others that were marginally better - some rows better than others. The final straw was a big argument with the bloke in front of me complaining that my knees were in his back. I asked him where he would like me to put them to which there was of course no answer. I can put up with the mental torture but not paying to sit in physical pain for 2 hours. New ground or a solution could tempt me back.
Leg room at LR on 11:35 - Feb 10 with 940 views1MoreBrightonR

For years was very spoilt....we had the back row seats at the top of an aisle so leg room and no one in front and you could stand. Brilliant.

Had to move for various reasons and now have one aisle seat and one next to it and we swap at half time usually to make it more bearable!
Leg room at LR on 13:06 - Feb 10 with 891 viewsDannyPaddox

No fun if you've got huge balls either. I spend 90 minutes with my balls resting on the shoulders of the gentlemen in front of me. He too has his big balls resting on the shoulders of the person in front of him. No one enjoys it but what can you do? Actually I think people are starting to enjoy it.
Leg room at LR on 15:18 - Feb 10 with 845 viewsLongsufferingR

Leg room at LR on 13:06 - Feb 10 by DannyPaddox

No fun if you've got huge balls either. I spend 90 minutes with my balls resting on the shoulders of the gentlemen in front of me. He too has his big balls resting on the shoulders of the person in front of him. No one enjoys it but what can you do? Actually I think people are starting to enjoy it.

I've got two ladies sitting in front of me. I was surprised not to get a lifetime ban when I tried that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024