Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joshua knocked out? 08:35 - Jun 2 with 9187 viewsstevec

Seriously?
Joshua knocked out? on 20:24 - Jun 2 with 3178 viewseasthertsr

Sorry I've always thought that boxing is the most corrupt sport in the world. You just have to nobble one person and you and him can make a fortune! The pay to view culture just ups the ante not that I'm suggesting that this fight was fixed just that I suspect that someone somewhere in Asia made a whole shed load of cash!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 20:25]
Joshua knocked out? on 22:17 - Jun 2 with 3050 viewsconnell10

Joshua knocked out? on 12:30 - Jun 2 by traininvain

Wilder would destroy him. Fury would probably beat him on points. Can’t remember the last time Fury ko’d anyone of note.

Fury would beat the shite outta Josha !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Joshua knocked out? on 03:32 - Jun 3 with 2929 viewstimcocking

Joshua knocked out? on 08:42 - Jun 2 by dubaistu

I thought he looked far too big in one of his pre-match pictures. Sadly he's now an athlete rather than boxer. Well done the taco kid though
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 8:42]

I think he's always been a better athlete than he is boxer.

Perhaps it'll do him good long term. Anybody can get caught, particularly at heavyweight. Maybe now he'll feel less pressure and just relax and fight more, no reason to worry about the unbeaten record. And it'll make sure he's never complacent. Bloody shame though, gutted.

Not the unthinkable event they are making out mind you. Heavyweights always will have the proverbial puncher's chance, at the least.

Joshua knocked out? on 07:46 - Jun 3 with 2838 viewsPhildo

Joshua knocked out? on 17:50 - Jun 2 by digswellhoop

all ways thought he is the new bruno all muscle no boxing ability

Two of my mates are professional boxing coaches and they rate AJ highly but think his footwork is terrible and are surprised it has not improved. If he learns he will be OK but they got everything about that fight wrong.
Joshua knocked out? on 07:58 - Jun 3 with 2829 viewstraininvain

Joshua knocked out? on 22:17 - Jun 2 by connell10

Fury would beat the shite outta Josha !

Fury’s technically the best heavyweight. I’m not doubting that he’ll probably beat AJ over 12 rounds. But his main skillset is movement not power and Fury has never ko’d a top level opponent.

This is the corner transcript from the AJ fight: https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/bvymm5/joshua_talking_to_his_corner_bet

He was clearly concussed after the 3rd round. Asking ‘what shot was it’ and ‘why am I feeling like this though’.

Here are the shots:

https://streamable.com/1nzm8

https://streamable.com/6t8ep
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 7:59]
Joshua knocked out? on 08:26 - Jun 3 with 2808 viewsBostonR

Lot's of stuff starting to come out here in the US regarding his preparation and whether he should have actually been allowed to step into the ring, as well as huge issues between him and the Hearn camp before the fight.

It seems he may have been knocked out numerous times in the days before the fight and a number of boxing codes have been ignored. More to come I think.
Joshua knocked out? on 08:55 - Jun 3 with 2778 viewsLythamR

Joshua knocked out? on 03:32 - Jun 3 by timcocking

I think he's always been a better athlete than he is boxer.

Perhaps it'll do him good long term. Anybody can get caught, particularly at heavyweight. Maybe now he'll feel less pressure and just relax and fight more, no reason to worry about the unbeaten record. And it'll make sure he's never complacent. Bloody shame though, gutted.

Not the unthinkable event they are making out mind you. Heavyweights always will have the proverbial puncher's chance, at the least.

I think you might be doing Ruiz an injustice with "anyone can get caught" and "punchers chance"

Hi didnt knock Joshua out with a punch out of nowhere, he beat Joshua up with combinations after taking good shots himself.

The fight should have been stopped in the third as Joshua didnt respond correctly to the Ref and was only saved by the bell.
Joshua knocked out? on 09:29 - Jun 3 with 2738 viewstraininvain

Joshua knocked out? on 08:26 - Jun 3 by BostonR

Lot's of stuff starting to come out here in the US regarding his preparation and whether he should have actually been allowed to step into the ring, as well as huge issues between him and the Hearn camp before the fight.

It seems he may have been knocked out numerous times in the days before the fight and a number of boxing codes have been ignored. More to come I think.

Any links to news stories? Had a quick Google and can't see anything.
Login to get fewer ads

Joshua knocked out? on 09:38 - Jun 3 with 2717 viewshubble

Fantastic clip of Mike Costello's commentary on the third round

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/boxing/48491005

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Joshua knocked out? on 09:50 - Jun 3 with 2701 viewsingeminate

Joshua knocked out? on 08:55 - Jun 3 by LythamR

I think you might be doing Ruiz an injustice with "anyone can get caught" and "punchers chance"

Hi didnt knock Joshua out with a punch out of nowhere, he beat Joshua up with combinations after taking good shots himself.

The fight should have been stopped in the third as Joshua didnt respond correctly to the Ref and was only saved by the bell.

Agree with this.
When Joshua hurts opponents and goes in for the kill normally they panic and back pedal with a high guard. Joshua closes distance fast and throws hooks.
Ruiz didn't back pedal, stayed composed and in the pocket and as Joshua closed the distance (and so came in to his range) threw fast combination punches. That takes guts and skill.
Joshua made the same mistake three times and and it cost him - my guess is he was badly hurt in the third and working off auto-pilot from then on.
There is some questionable stuff on this thread though.
This isn't the first time a fighter has taken it to him - Whyte and Klitschko both have. His boxing IQ before this fight has been consistently one of his strengths. He has frequently made adjustments in fights before. His footwork has also been much improved.

Ruiz had only lost once in a contentious decision to Parker, he's a decent fighter despite his shape.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Joshua knocked out? on 09:55 - Jun 3 with 2690 viewsMick_S

Joshua knocked out? on 09:38 - Jun 3 by hubble

Fantastic clip of Mike Costello's commentary on the third round

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/boxing/48491005

Brilliant stuff that. Cheers hubble.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 9:56]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Joshua knocked out? on 10:44 - Jun 3 with 2628 viewsPommyhoop

Cheer up Ant..Them fat stand in's are known not to follow the script mate...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Joshua knocked out? on 10:58 - Jun 3 with 2600 viewstimcocking

(ps i love seeing the Thai flags at the fights so often nowadays)
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 10:59]
Joshua knocked out? on 13:53 - Jun 3 with 2482 viewsBostonR

Joshua knocked out? on 09:29 - Jun 3 by traininvain

Any links to news stories? Had a quick Google and can't see anything.

Gareth A Davies, the Telegraph boxing writer appears to have the story.

Essentially, Joshua hurt and knocked out in sparring before the fight. Might explain why AJ did not know what round his was fighting in when knocked down in 3rd.
Joshua knocked out? on 14:05 - Jun 3 with 2467 viewsLythamR

Joshua knocked out? on 13:53 - Jun 3 by BostonR

Essentially, Joshua hurt and knocked out in sparring before the fight. Might explain why AJ did not know what round his was fighting in when knocked down in 3rd.

Well he seemed to be pretty clear headed in the weigh in, coming into the ring and in the first 2 rounds and when he dumped Ruiz on his arse in the third so i think at least some of the credit should go to Ruiz dropping him twice with flurries.

seems to be a lot of searching for reasons in the media, or maybe generated by Joshuas own team to deflect from the clear evidence that he got properly duffed up by a more effective and more resilient fighter on the night.
Joshua knocked out? on 15:00 - Jun 3 with 2429 viewsBostonR

Joshua knocked out? on 14:05 - Jun 3 by LythamR

Well he seemed to be pretty clear headed in the weigh in, coming into the ring and in the first 2 rounds and when he dumped Ruiz on his arse in the third so i think at least some of the credit should go to Ruiz dropping him twice with flurries.

seems to be a lot of searching for reasons in the media, or maybe generated by Joshuas own team to deflect from the clear evidence that he got properly duffed up by a more effective and more resilient fighter on the night.

I do not disagree - once you get in the ring all bets are off. The story does have legs and Gareth A Davies is well-respected.
Joshua knocked out? on 15:04 - Jun 3 with 2419 viewstraininvain

Joshua knocked out? on 13:53 - Jun 3 by BostonR

Interesting. Might explain why AJ's dad was having a pop at Hearn int the ring after the fight.
Joshua knocked out? on 06:56 - Jun 4 with 2245 viewstraininvain

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/06/03/anthony-joshua-sparring-ko-fighter-na

Aj’s father saying he had a panic attack before the fight. The plot thickens.
Joshua knocked out? on 07:36 - Jun 4 with 2214 viewsgobbles

Joshua knocked out? on 15:00 - Jun 3 by BostonR

I do not disagree - once you get in the ring all bets are off. The story does have legs and Gareth A Davies is well-respected.

That story is total nonsense. He walked in with his chin up and got nailed. Any concussion he might have had came from the left hook Ruiz landed in the third.
Joshua knocked out? on 08:42 - Jun 4 with 2167 viewsBostonR

Joshua knocked out? on 06:56 - Jun 4 by traininvain

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/06/03/anthony-joshua-sparring-ko-fighter-na

Aj’s father saying he had a panic attack before the fight. The plot thickens.

I flew into the UK last night and was watching this story unfold in the US. More stuff is starting to leak out and it seems that AJ should not have stepped into the ring given he was knocked out cold in sparring.

Either way, he has lost his titles but something went horribly wrong for him in the US. Gareth A Davies is the man in the know.
Joshua knocked out? on 09:25 - Jun 4 with 2136 viewshubble

Joshua knocked out? on 07:58 - Jun 3 by traininvain

Fury’s technically the best heavyweight. I’m not doubting that he’ll probably beat AJ over 12 rounds. But his main skillset is movement not power and Fury has never ko’d a top level opponent.

This is the corner transcript from the AJ fight: https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/bvymm5/joshua_talking_to_his_corner_bet

He was clearly concussed after the 3rd round. Asking ‘what shot was it’ and ‘why am I feeling like this though’.

Here are the shots:

https://streamable.com/1nzm8

https://streamable.com/6t8ep
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 7:59]

Amazing he lasted 4 more rounds after that onslaught.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Joshua knocked out? on 09:36 - Jun 4 with 2121 viewspeejaybee

Am I being cynical or does it look like a 'Harvester' { A Carve Up} .It does to me.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Joshua knocked out? on 09:55 - Jun 4 with 2090 viewsMick_S

Joshua knocked out? on 09:36 - Jun 4 by peejaybee

Am I being cynical or does it look like a 'Harvester' { A Carve Up} .It does to me.

Not quite.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Joshua knocked out? on 10:40 - Jun 4 with 2060 viewsToast_R

I've never heard such a load of rubbish post fight in all my years following boxing. Panic attacks, sparring injuries, bad training camp, dad kicking off with Hearn etc.

He just got punched out, its boxing and thats what happens even to the very very best. He'll learn more from that than he ever would have from another routine victory.

The re-match hopefully in the UK will be epic later this year and that is where he should be judged as great champion.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 10:41]
Joshua knocked out? on 10:48 - Jun 4 with 2043 views2Thomas2Bowles

Joshua knocked out? on 10:40 - Jun 4 by Toast_R

I've never heard such a load of rubbish post fight in all my years following boxing. Panic attacks, sparring injuries, bad training camp, dad kicking off with Hearn etc.

He just got punched out, its boxing and thats what happens even to the very very best. He'll learn more from that than he ever would have from another routine victory.

The re-match hopefully in the UK will be epic later this year and that is where he should be judged as great champion.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 10:41]

I think he will get beat again, all these excuses are rubbish really.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024