Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. 11:32 - May 30 with 3865 viewsqpr_1968

mine is a strange one, pigeons, horrible bloody things, rats with wings.
probably didn't help one flying into me when I was about 8.

spiders are a common one, and nothing to be a ashamed of.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 13:59 - May 30 with 1190 viewsMickS_

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 13:38 - May 30 by BlackCrowe

jellyfish.

That’s not a phobia, that’s common sense.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 14:04 - May 30 with 1185 viewsjohncharles

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 13:11 - May 30 by PunteR

Political threads.

I turn into a c**nt.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 13:13]

😅😅😅😅

Strong and stable my arse.

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 14:33 - May 30 with 1148 viewsNov77

heights for me too, even watching stuff like this on a tv screen makes my stomach churn

have a look at these, some real Darwin Award candidates here....
https://www.buzzfeed.com/benhenry/you-are-definitely-scared-of-heights
[Post edited 30 May 2020 14:38]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 14:51 - May 30 with 1141 viewsQPR_John

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 12:07 - May 30 by SimonJames

Lifts, tunnels, caves.

Could be me talking
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 15:09 - May 30 with 1125 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Several phobias, but I guess a dreaded fear of holding babies is more of an unusual one.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 15:13 - May 30 with 1119 viewsaston_hoop

Snails. Yeah I know I can outrun them and all that....but I fcking hate them.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 17:05 - May 30 with 1087 viewsbosh67

Until this season our fans singing '2 nil and you f*cked it up' at opposing fans when there's still 10 minutes left for us to f*ck it up again ourselves.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 19:17 - May 30 with 1037 viewsMiss_Terraces

Swimming in the sea, I can hear the jaws theme tune in my head. It doesn't matter if in this country or abroad. I could never surf, I just about overcome my fear to swim

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Login to get fewer ads

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 19:19 - May 30 with 1034 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That our owners will sell our ground, build a new one like the Ricoh next to a motorway and pocket the difference.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 21:05 - May 30 with 994 viewsKiwi76

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 12:07 - May 30 by SimonJames

Lifts, tunnels, caves.

I’m getting more claustrophobic as I get older.
Climbing historic buildings to viewing platforms another nasty one for me.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 21:20 - May 30 with 971 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Giving presentations or speeches to large groups of people.

Dentists.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 21:34 - May 30 with 963 viewsBoston

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 14:51 - May 30 by QPR_John

Could be me talking

Oh yeah, bet you're the only Ventriloquist on this board.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 22:21 - May 30 with 925 viewsdezzar

Geordies
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 01:29 - May 31 with 884 viewstimcocking

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 11:57 - May 30 by Boston

Few things I’m uncomfortable with but no phobia’s per say. The odd time I think I’m becoming overly sensitive to something I try to make a conscious mental effort to overcome whatever it is, being bloody minded I’m reasonably successful in my efforts.

Indeed, mind over matter and all that.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 08:04 - May 31 with 857 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Heights.

Its not the height I mind, I love the views its the fact I want to jump.

I looked it up it's a form of vertigo.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 13:51 - May 31 with 797 viewsSimonJames

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 21:05 - May 30 by Kiwi76

I was caught in a small tunnel collapse when I was 10. They saw my feet sticking out from underneath all the earth and pulled me out. I've been claustrophobic ever since.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 14:24 - May 31 with 779 viewskensalriser

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 08:04 - May 31 by Metallica_Hoop

Heights.

Best stay away from the edge of the tube platform.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 14:34 - May 31 with 771 viewsNed_Kennedys

There is/was a set of narrow see through steps near the top of the Statue of Liberty that for some reason turned my legs to jelly and almost caused a panic attack: weird as I'm not normally too bad with heights.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 15:45 - May 31 with 742 viewsCiderwithRsie

Buttons. God knows why.

Think we had this before once and it turned out I'm not alone and there's even a word for it.

My late wife had a thing about labels on clothes and suchlike, I've known her to literally throw up if she had to touch one.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 15:45 - May 31 with 745 viewsted_hendrix

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 14:33 - May 30 by Nov77

heights for me too, even watching stuff like this on a tv screen makes my stomach churn

have a look at these, some real Darwin Award candidates here....
https://www.buzzfeed.com/benhenry/you-are-definitely-scared-of-heights
[Post edited 30 May 2020 14:38]

I got no problem with heights, I was one of the tower crane drivers on Basingstoke's AA building back in the early 70's the cab of my tower crane at the end of the job was 320 feet high, periodically as the building rose the crane had to be raised which was a bit 'bare knuckle' so to speak. You'd be surprised how much the crane sways and moves when lifting something particularly heavy.
Sadly lost a couple of good blokes to a bad crane accident too.

As for phobias any shape or form of a creepy crawly and Iv'e disappeared down the road.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 17:04 - May 31 with 714 viewsdanehoop

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 08:04 - May 31 by Metallica_Hoop

Heights.

heights never hurt anyone. Grounds mind you....

Never knowingly understood

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 15:21 - Jun 1 with 642 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Like Brian I am afraid of rats and after watching too much Animal Planet snakes too .
However while engrossed in that incredible story from Thailand about the kids soccer team trapped in that cave I developed claustrophobia and I am not joking .I watched a diver live stream the rescue route and felt complete panic when it was so narrow he had to remove his tank and free dive .
A month later I got in a 3 car pile up (minor thankfully )but had to get a neck MRI which involves a long tube and as I was moved into the tunnel I started to hyperventilate and mercifully they removed me .I never went into one since but luckily they have open ones and I survived that.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 15:50 - Jun 1 with 636 viewsWrightUp5hit___

I'm another one, confined spaces never used to bother me but something has changed.

I was helping someone onto the night sleeper to Inverness and just couldn't go down the (very tight) corridor.

Now the stairs down to the bogs at Ronnie Scott's have me breaking out in a sweat.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 16:18 - Jun 1 with 614 viewsMrSheen

Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 15:21 - Jun 1 by CLAREMAN1995

Like Brian I am afraid of rats and after watching too much Animal Planet snakes too .
However while engrossed in that incredible story from Thailand about the kids soccer team trapped in that cave I developed claustrophobia and I am not joking .I watched a diver live stream the rescue route and felt complete panic when it was so narrow he had to remove his tank and free dive .
A month later I got in a 3 car pile up (minor thankfully )but had to get a neck MRI which involves a long tube and as I was moved into the tunnel I started to hyperventilate and mercifully they removed me .I never went into one since but luckily they have open ones and I survived that.

I considered myself mildly claustrophobic until I had to have an MRI a few years ago. I lasted about 30 seconds, though I was able to get through another more recently. I've heard you can have them standing up (you are lowered into it feet first), which strangely sounds like it wouldn't be so bad.
Phobias....if any, what is your phobia. on 18:32 - Jun 1 with 561 viewswelwynranger

Chelscum. John Terry. Luton
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024