Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerry Francis - Great Read. 13:38 - Sep 2 with 4523 viewsBostonR

https://www.coachesvoice.com/gerry-francis-tottenham-qpr-bristol-rovers-england/

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 14:20 - Sep 2 with 4430 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He hasn't changed a bit when it comes to praising himself. Gerry's not backwards about coming forwards, is he?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 14:28 - Sep 2 with 4407 viewsCamberleyR

QPR 1987-91?? That would have been news to Trevor Francis and the late Jim Smith & Don Howe.

Gerry , bless him, does love trumpeting the old 'top London club' line as well. He did for years after we managed it. If only there was a trophy for it....
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 14:36]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:22 - Sep 2 with 4287 viewsCiderwithRsie

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 14:28 - Sep 2 by CamberleyR

QPR 1987-91?? That would have been news to Trevor Francis and the late Jim Smith & Don Howe.

Gerry , bless him, does love trumpeting the old 'top London club' line as well. He did for years after we managed it. If only there was a trophy for it....

If only there was a trophy for it....

My thoughts too! Half the time it just means Arsenal and the South London Nazis are having an off-season.

TBF it was a reasonably big deal for us to be top London side when there were 6 London clubs, four of them with vastly more cash. Not quite such a big deal for Spurs, one of the rich clubs, to finish 7th.In fact not really as impressive as Ray Wilkins taking over us the same season when we were 16th and getting us to 8th, just 2 points behind "top London club Spurs". Kinda forgotten in the light of Wilkins next two seasons. A couple of goals at home to Crystal Bleeding Place would have done the trick...

Still you don't get to be a winner without having a bit of an ego and Gerry Francis will always be next thing to God for me.
Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:41 - Sep 2 with 4232 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:22 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

My thoughts too! Half the time it just means Arsenal and the South London Nazis are having an off-season.

TBF it was a reasonably big deal for us to be top London side when there were 6 London clubs, four of them with vastly more cash. Not quite such a big deal for Spurs, one of the rich clubs, to finish 7th.In fact not really as impressive as Ray Wilkins taking over us the same season when we were 16th and getting us to 8th, just 2 points behind "top London club Spurs". Kinda forgotten in the light of Wilkins next two seasons. A couple of goals at home to Crystal Bleeding Place would have done the trick...

Still you don't get to be a winner without having a bit of an ego and Gerry Francis will always be next thing to God for me.

Ya, I'll always love him too. But he makes e chuckle!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:44 - Sep 2 with 4220 viewsW7Ranger

He claims that we finished top london club in his first full season in 92-93.

Does he not remember the season before then???!!
Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:49 - Sep 2 with 4212 viewsCamberleyR

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:44 - Sep 2 by W7Ranger

He claims that we finished top london club in his first full season in 92-93.

Does he not remember the season before then???!!

Yeah, I noticed that. You'd think he'd remember it especially as it contained the New Year's Day massacre and the 4-1 thumping of champions to be Leeds.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 15:53]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:58 - Sep 2 with 4179 viewsW7Ranger

So he had a couple of interviews for the England job eh...?

I guess he had to mullet over before making a decision.
Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 16:20 - Sep 2 with 4134 viewsfrancisbowles

Is he bored with retirement, getting under his wife's feet?

Does he want to do a couple of days a week at our new training academy?
Login to get fewer ads

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 16:25 - Sep 2 with 4120 viewsPhildo

A few similarities with Warnock with Gerry. He was always about to leave and spend more time with his Pigeons/antiques (Sharon/Cornwall) and both a bit one eyed when recalling the past. Perhaps part of what made them both successful. Either way he was Rangers through and through. He inherited a great team from Don Howe and I dont think it would harm his reputation to acknowledge that.
Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 17:09 - Sep 2 with 4031 viewsAntti_Heinola

I nloody love Gerry.
Was working on a thing once and wantrd to book him for it. Got his number via Sheila Marson and the moment he heard I was an R, he pretty much couldn't do enough for me. Absolute legend. Such a shame injury cut him off a bit in his prime.

Bare bones.

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 17:18 - Sep 2 with 3998 viewsted_hendrix

Might be missing something here but it doesn't always seemed to get mentioned but feck me he could bloody play football.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 18:15 - Sep 2 with 3910 viewsflynnbo

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 17:18 - Sep 2 by ted_hendrix

Might be missing something here but it doesn't always seemed to get mentioned but feck me he could bloody play football.

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 19:31 - Sep 2 with 3794 viewsLblock

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 14:28 - Sep 2 by CamberleyR

There used to be - it was called "European football"

It's why I'll always hate the Mickeys even more.
Putting aside nicking the title off of us (before I was besotted) that year rankles as we, as in all English teams, were still on the post Heysel ban.

I'll never have the ability to put that one in my bucket.... following QPR away in Europe in a meaningful competition (ie not the Ibiza Cup)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 19:45 - Sep 2 with 3754 viewsNov77

Unfortunate he never mentions the contribution Wilkins made, he was the one who organised things on the pitch during games, and no coincidence our only ever wins at anfield and old Trafford came with him in the side.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 22:29 - Sep 2 with 3538 viewsGroveR

Gerry Francis - Great Read. on 15:22 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

I seem to remember Spurs being a bit of a basket case during the early to mid 90s. Having El Tel and SirrAllun in charge of the finances was never going to work out well on top of a load of bungs.

Good thing the FA reacted swiftly and severely by docking them 12pts (reduced on appeal to none) and fining them £600k (increased on appeal to £1.5m) which was clearly effective in hampering the signings of Klinsmann and half the midfield from the Romanian 94 world cup squad).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024