Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng 10:05 - Sep 20 with 7561 viewsNorthernr

Four year deal.
Dieng on 09:22 - Sep 21 with 2048 viewsHayesender

I saw a stat the other day that said we've had eight shots on target against us in the three games so far, and out of those eight shots, we've conceded six.

If correct, that is very poor

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dieng on 09:24 - Sep 21 with 2034 viewsNorthernr

Dieng on 09:22 - Sep 21 by Hayesender

I saw a stat the other day that said we've had eight shots on target against us in the three games so far, and out of those eight shots, we've conceded six.

If correct, that is very poor

At the other end of that spectrum, is it Cambridge in League Two who've had the thick end of 40 shots against them in the first two games and conceded once, or something ridiculous like that?

Yeh, Cambridge. Beat Carlisle 3-0 despite Carlisle having 19 shots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54038201

Then lost 1-0 to Newport with Newport having 29 shots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54067079

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dieng on 09:27 - Sep 21 with 2020 viewsHayesender

Dieng on 09:24 - Sep 21 by Northernr

At the other end of that spectrum, is it Cambridge in League Two who've had the thick end of 40 shots against them in the first two games and conceded once, or something ridiculous like that?

Yeh, Cambridge. Beat Carlisle 3-0 despite Carlisle having 19 shots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54038201

Then lost 1-0 to Newport with Newport having 29 shots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54067079

This post has been edited by an administrator

Divine intervention 🙏

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dieng on 09:59 - Sep 21 with 1964 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dieng on 07:08 - Sep 21 by distortR

the zonal thing, we matched up with their big blokes in the box - but player's didn't win their headers. A couple got caught under the ball - I wonder if they went early because they doubted their own ability to win the aerial dual.
There was quite a lot of pulling and shoving going on. This also gives the defence a problem . They get pulled up, we get a free kick, if we are pulled up, penalty. And the ref had already given what looked like a soft one.

True.

Another problem with zonal marking it seems to me is that our markers are caught under the ball and the attackers have momentum for a running jump. We are left with no-one running from outside-in to head clear on a similar running jump and we are left with no blockers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dieng on 10:00 - Sep 21 with 1961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dieng on 07:18 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Barbet is frequently too busy looking for and appealing for a free kick for some spurious contact or other to actually challenge properly in the air. Watch him at corners, he'll go with his man, wait for some contact, then immediately start appealing, instead of making an attempt to deal with the situation and then asking questions of the referee afterwards.

I agree. The third goal on Friday a food example.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dieng on 10:21 - Sep 21 with 1934 viewsTheChef

Dieng on 12:36 - Sep 20 by FrankRightguard

Don’t think Lumley has been the same since the boot in the face at Villa. Seemed to have a huge effect on him and he’s been up and down since.

Agreed, unfortunately.

Maybe he needs another bump on the head, and he'll be back to what he was?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dieng on 10:40 - Sep 21 with 1902 viewsfrancisbowles

Dieng on 10:21 - Sep 21 by TheChef

Agreed, unfortunately.

Maybe he needs another bump on the head, and he'll be back to what he was?

Whilst that has almost certainly had an effect, looking back before that things seemed to go for him, Clive described him as a lucky keeper. The fact that he was not conceding, even if sometimes fortunate not to do so, helped build his confidence. That luck seems to have deserted him, apart from West Brom, and the confidence is very low.

I think Kelly was a more effective keeper than Joe last season. A lot less clangers dropped. He is however, only the same size as Lee Camp 1.83m or 6ft and I always thought he was a bit small for a modern keeper. Dieng is stated as being 1.93 or 6ft 4 whereas Lumley is 1.90 or 6ft 3.

It may not be this season, he might still go on loan, but giving him a four year deal shows we have great faith in his future to be our no1.
Dieng on 22:00 - Nov 7 with 1604 viewsGloucs_R

How good is this lad turning out to be?

A keeper that saves points rather than giving them away....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Dieng on 22:20 - Nov 7 with 1526 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He makes it look easy. Positive so far.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dieng on 23:21 - Nov 7 with 1464 viewsDannyPaddox

Fantastic watching Dieng develop. No-nonsense confident keeper. Commands the box. Has a way of getting down to low shots and targeted headers that I'm sure the opposition player thinks is goal bound but he pulls out that flipper and round the post it goes. Not far off being our strongest player.
Dieng on 23:26 - Nov 7 with 1448 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Got to admit, I was furious at the calls for his inclusion at the expense of Lumley because I thought it was motivated by angry hyperbole about Lumley.

Watching him now I think he would have won his place on merit eventually anyway.
Dieng on 23:34 - Nov 7 with 1424 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Let's not forget Dieng is playing behind closed doors. Lumley was as confident as you like until he had to play in front of us lot week after week

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dieng on 23:59 - Nov 7 with 1398 viewsDannyPaddox

To be fair cardboard cut-outs are a tough crowd to play in front of too. You make a mistake and it’s just a wall of laminated silence. It must be very unnerving.
Dieng on 01:11 - Nov 8 with 1333 viewstimcocking

Don't want to speak to soon and trigger a downturn in his form, but so far, he's looked very good and possibly like the calmest person ever born. Excellent last night, deserved to gain us a point.

I've said it before, i'll say it again, gives me a lot of joy watching our own youngsters out there competing for QPR. Win, lose or draw, i take much vicarious pleasure in their travails on our behalf.
Dieng on 16:12 - Nov 8 with 1190 viewsbaz_qpr

Real deal this kid, is gonna make the odd mistake because he comes for literally everything, but I always prefer that in a keeper than the ones that hog their line
Dieng on 16:20 - Nov 8 with 1171 viewsbakerloo8

Excellent keeper.

Will make mistakes as all goalies do, but miles better than the 2 other lads we have at the club and undisputed number 1 now. Keep up the good work Seny :)
Dieng on 11:02 - Nov 9 with 936 viewsOakR

Really positive start for him. You just don't feel nervous with him in goal, he's so calm when he gets the ball passed back to him it's great.

I also think having Dickie in and him has given the defence as a whole so much more confidence, and with Kakay and Wallace stopping more crosses as a unit they are just much more confident.

Looks like he will be a commanding keeper, been a whil since we had one of those.

Hopefully Lumley gets some time on loan and then rebuilds his career elsewhere.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dieng on 11:31 - Nov 9 with 877 viewsfrancisbowles

Much more of this and we will have trouble hanging on to him. Well done to Sir Les etc on managing his development and securing him on a four year deal. Hope there is no release clause in it.
Dieng on 14:55 - Nov 9 with 749 viewsBoston

Dieng on 23:59 - Nov 7 by DannyPaddox

To be fair cardboard cut-outs are a tough crowd to play in front of too. You make a mistake and it’s just a wall of laminated silence. It must be very unnerving.

They’re certainly unmoved by his potential.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024