Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium 23:14 - Oct 9 with 553 viewsdurham_exile

After the disappointment of losing two points to Oldham Athletic last weekend in an otherwise entertaining 3-3 draw, the U’s travel to the Bescot Stadium Walsall on Saturday to attempt to improve on a lamentable record. I have watched several games at Fellows Park and now the Bescot or Bank’s Stadium and we have often come out on the losing side.

Way back in 1975 we lost 5-2 after leading the game and then in 2009 someone called Troy Deeney scored the second goal for the Saddlers in a 2-0 victory. Points over the years have been hard to come by, but as they say records are there to be broken and our luck must change spooner or later.

Darrell Clarke has started the season in similar vein to Colchester with a win and two draws and they will be a difficult opponent, but we must travel with more than a little hope.

Early days but the table is already looking tight in league Two:

Newport 4 10
Morecambe 4 9
Salford 4 8
Cambridge 4 7
Port Vale 4 7
Exeter 4 7
Crawley 4 7
Cheltenham 3 6
COL U 4 6
FGR 4 6
Carlisle 4 6

Losing two points has not only cost us the chance of a top seven position, but also it casts shadows back to last season where points were dropped from winning positions and ultimately cost us an automatic promotion spot. Even when we achieved a play-off spot, we lost the match cheaply at Exeter after throwing away a winning position. Still we move on and season 2020/21 affords us another chance to return to League One which frankly is long overdue.

Watching Fleetwood Town winning 4-1 against Hull City tonight only reinforced the view that we should have been there this season.

Now SB will once again be without the services of Harry Pell, Tom Lapslie and Diaz Wright and probably Callum (Ainsley) Harriott, but dare I ask if Martell Taylor-Crossdale will be considered fit enough to play some League Two minutes tomorrow. After all he is on a season long loan and has already missed the first four games. Luke Gambin is away on International duty but he did not make an appearance against Gibraltar the other evening.

I really do hope that MTC does travel with the squad and at least gets a place on the bench and plays some minutes. Frankly, I want to see him link up with Jevani Brown.

So, the team is likely to be 4,3,2,1:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Stevenson McLeod

Poku Brown

Norris

Subs:
George, Cowan-Hall, Taylor-Crossdale, Sowunmi, Scarlett, Senior, Marshall-Miranda

I want to see SB be brave and play Norris and Brown from the start and to bring on MTC at some stage. If we are serious about promotion, then we need to take games to the opposition and to turn draws into victories.

The weather tomorrow in Walsall is going to be rain showers with a high of 12 degrees Celsius, there might also be some sunny intervals.

If SB plays a cautious game, then we might witness another draw but I prefer to believe that he wants to secure all three points and so 3-1 to the U’s is my predicted scoreline.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 0:46]

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 08:27 - Oct 10 with 508 viewsGOSBTS

Great preview as ever Durham. If Norris and Brown can strike up a good relationship, Ball might be on to something good. Here’s hoping!
Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 14:12 - Oct 10 with 473 viewsdurham_exile

Well SB has a striker on the bench but its not MTC but a news igning Josh Bohui 21 year old who goes straight into the squad.

Clearly MTC is the next Junior or Bonne or etc etc.

Team

Gerken

Scarlett Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Stevenson Poku

Harriott Senior

Brown

Subs

George Sowunmi Norris Cowana-Hall Marshall-Miranda Tovide Bohui

Courney Senior is clearly undroppable and Chuck is only on the bench again.

SB does not yet have the courage to play two strikers - and poor old MTC is obviously so unfit that he once again he doesn't even warm the bench only the Physios!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 15:26 - Oct 10 with 452 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 14:12 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

Well SB has a striker on the bench but its not MTC but a news igning Josh Bohui 21 year old who goes straight into the squad.

Clearly MTC is the next Junior or Bonne or etc etc.

Team

Gerken

Scarlett Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Stevenson Poku

Harriott Senior

Brown

Subs

George Sowunmi Norris Cowana-Hall Marshall-Miranda Tovide Bohui

Courney Senior is clearly undroppable and Chuck is only on the bench again.

SB does not yet have the courage to play two strikers - and poor old MTC is obviously so unfit that he once again he doesn't even warm the bench only the Physios!!!!

Up the U's

Harriott 1-0

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 15:36 - Oct 10 with 446 viewswessex_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 15:26 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

Harriott 1-0

Very composed finish too. Tough game so far though, Walsall playing very well and the U’s seem to be littered with cock-ups at the moment.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 15:58 - Oct 10 with 436 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 15:36 - Oct 10 by wessex_exile

Very composed finish too. Tough game so far though, Walsall playing very well and the U’s seem to be littered with cock-ups at the moment.

I dont think that Walsall have caused us any significant problems.

Brown was very unlucky not to open the scoring with his cheeky lob over the keeper which struck the right hand upright.

I reckon we are good value for the lead.

We must score early in the seocnd half to secure the points.

Scarlett tends to give the ball away but otherwise has performed well.
Eastman and Smith competent.
Bramall good going forward.

Poku plenty of touches but gives the ball away when well placed.

Harriott good composed finish.

Brown needs support bring Chuck on

Senior is the Messi of Colchester seemingly undroppable but had a woeful shot which cleared the Aaron Skelton netting!!! Get him off and bring Norris on.

Pell might be back soon and we need his calm leadership.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:02 - Oct 10 with 433 viewsMoor_Pinot

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 15:58 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

I dont think that Walsall have caused us any significant problems.

Brown was very unlucky not to open the scoring with his cheeky lob over the keeper which struck the right hand upright.

I reckon we are good value for the lead.

We must score early in the seocnd half to secure the points.

Scarlett tends to give the ball away but otherwise has performed well.
Eastman and Smith competent.
Bramall good going forward.

Poku plenty of touches but gives the ball away when well placed.

Harriott good composed finish.

Brown needs support bring Chuck on

Senior is the Messi of Colchester seemingly undroppable but had a woeful shot which cleared the Aaron Skelton netting!!! Get him off and bring Norris on.

Pell might be back soon and we need his calm leadership.

Come on the U's

Agree that Durham.
What is it with our management and Senior. A virtual liability and a spoiler. I just don't get it! Three seasons of this now.

Moor Pinot

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:14 - Oct 10 with 426 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:02 - Oct 10 by Moor_Pinot

Agree that Durham.
What is it with our management and Senior. A virtual liability and a spoiler. I just don't get it! Three seasons of this now.

1-1

SB must change it up

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:17 - Oct 10 with 423 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:14 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

1-1

SB must change it up

Lucky to get away with a close range header but Gerken saves well

Senior off Norris on please

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:40 - Oct 10 with 406 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:17 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

Lucky to get away with a close range header but Gerken saves well

Senior off Norris on please

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:42 - Oct 10 with 403 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:40 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

Come on the U's

Poku off the new signing Bohui is on

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:47 - Oct 10 with 401 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:42 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

Poku off the new signing Bohui is on

Harriott off Cowan-Hall on

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:56 - Oct 10 with 398 viewswessex_exile

Finished 1-1, and a much better point than last weekend in my opinion - but still only a point.

Up the U's

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:56 - Oct 10 with 397 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:47 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

Harriott off Cowan-Hall on

1-1 FT
First time for 10 years we have started a season with 5 unbeaten.

Cameo from Bohui but he looks very good

Durham_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:59 - Oct 10 with 393 viewswessex_exile

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:56 - Oct 10 by durham_exile

1-1 FT
First time for 10 years we have started a season with 5 unbeaten.

Cameo from Bohui but he looks very good

Yep, like the look of him - seemed 'bulkier' than his photo on the OWS article, reckon he could be a bit of a handful.

Up the U's

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 17:06 - Oct 10 with 380 viewsMoor_Pinot

Saddlers to be leathered by the Super U's at the Banks' Stadium on 16:59 - Oct 10 by wessex_exile

Yep, like the look of him - seemed 'bulkier' than his photo on the OWS article, reckon he could be a bit of a handful.

Yep, I thought that Wessex. We've still only won one of our first eight games but that was a very good point today. Not easy at all. The manager has still to field the best of us but as Durham says we're five unbeaten and given all the circumstances just now I am grateful for the reasonable start we've made. Will the lad from Fulham ever kick a ball for us? Bohui looks rather useful to me. All in all, that was indeed a far better point than last week and assuming a full season it's early yet.
Up the U's

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024