Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ted Lasso 15:26 - Jan 7 with 6620 viewsDylanP

Has anyone seen this series? In my family we are having an ongoing discussion whether the football club at the center of the show is a thinly viewed version of QPR.

For those who haven't see it, the show centers around Richmond FC, a London club struggling for survival in the Premiership (sounds like us a few years ago). They have a captain who is a former great player with anger issues (sounds like Joey Barton), a superstar goal scorer with massive ego issues (sounds like Taraabt), who play Man City on the last day of the season and lose to a goal with the last kick of the game (I remember that happening).

Obviously, its fiction, so the details don't match exactly, but there are enough coincidents to amuse us. Plus, the show is funny.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Ted Lasso on 13:12 - Apr 22 with 1094 viewsMatch82

I'm a big fan. I'm in the US with an American wife so beyond the football aspect there's an irony in watching an American trying to understand British culture given that the same happened to us in reverse.

It's not a show ABOUT football though that's just the setting, so if that's what you're coming in expecting then it's definitely going to be a disappointment.

My wife did threaten to stop watching mid way through the first episode unless I stopped the running commentary.
Ted Lasso on 11:58 - Apr 27 with 987 viewsBluce_Ree

Ted Lasso on 13:12 - Apr 22 by Match82

I'm a big fan. I'm in the US with an American wife so beyond the football aspect there's an irony in watching an American trying to understand British culture given that the same happened to us in reverse.

It's not a show ABOUT football though that's just the setting, so if that's what you're coming in expecting then it's definitely going to be a disappointment.

My wife did threaten to stop watching mid way through the first episode unless I stopped the running commentary.

I don't do a running commentary but I do whisper 'oh f*ck off' every time it does anything stupid or too twee.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ted Lasso on 12:47 - Apr 27 with 936 viewsnix

It's sappy at times. It's funny at times. It's moving at times.

I love it.

But then I don't do horror, depressing or things with wall to wall awful people so it's probably made for me!
Ted Lasso on 13:45 - Apr 27 with 886 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Because of this thread I’ve given it a real go but it’s not for me lads.
Ted Lasso on 14:01 - Apr 27 with 842 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ted Lasso on 12:47 - Apr 27 by nix

I love it.

But then I don't do horror, depressing or things with wall to wall awful people so it's probably made for me!

‘But then I don't do horror, depressing, or things with wall to wall awful people‘

I thought you was a QPR fan?
Ted Lasso on 14:45 - Apr 27 with 797 viewsTheChef

I love it.

"things with wall to wall awful people"

You probably don't watch Succession then?

Which for me is probably up there for the greatest TV series of all time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ted Lasso on 19:42 - Apr 27 with 716 viewsnix

Ted Lasso on 14:01 - Apr 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘But then I don't do horror, depressing, or things with wall to wall awful people‘

I thought you was a QPR fan?

You're not that bad Bazz...

Sorry you set that up!

We have our moments of glory which just about makes it worth it I guess.
Ted Lasso on 19:43 - Apr 27 with 714 viewsnix

Ted Lasso on 14:45 - Apr 27 by TheChef

"things with wall to wall awful people"

You probably don't watch Succession then?

Which for me is probably up there for the greatest TV series of all time.

Never seen it but if they're all awful I'll probably hate it, yes. Any redeeming characters?
Login to get fewer ads

Ted Lasso on 20:54 - Apr 27 with 687 viewsBucksRanger

Ted Lasso on 19:43 - Apr 27 by nix

Never seen it but if they're all awful I'll probably hate it, yes. Any redeeming characters?

Succession is awful. There's not one redeeming character in the programme. I long ago stopped watching it but it still seeps into my psyche as my son continues to be enthralled by it.
Ted Lasso on 09:44 - Apr 28 with 638 viewsTheChef

Ted Lasso on 20:54 - Apr 27 by BucksRanger

Succession is awful. There's not one redeeming character in the programme. I long ago stopped watching it but it still seeps into my psyche as my son continues to be enthralled by it.

Well yes the characters are all pretty awful in the main (the Roy family is supposedly modelled on the Murdochs) but the writing and acting is excellent.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ted Lasso on 10:08 - Apr 28 with 616 viewsbellomatic

I tried Succession and thought why can’t they just be a bit nicer to each other.

Sounds like Ted Lasso might be up my street!
Ted Lasso on 10:26 - Apr 28 with 604 viewsBluce_Ree

Succession is excellent.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ted Lasso on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 587 viewsGaryT

I love it.

I Just had a look through my recent viewing and most of them fall into your 'not for me thanks' category. Looking further back I did find a few that fit the bill of 'Light hearted humour' so might be up your street. Schitt's Creek, Fisk and Corner Gas. Finding them though is another matter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024