Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog thefts 20:04 - Feb 18 with 7488 viewsenfieldargh

Probably prevalent in most area but my part of North LOndon aggravated dog theft on the rise. Heard of soft targets walking their dogs having them aggressively stolen

Today in Winchmore Hill a dog walkers van was hijacked with 3 dogs inside; van found later on with only one badly wounded dog inside, the other two vanished.

Evil bastds

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dog thefts on 16:15 - Mar 21 with 1415 viewsBoston

Dog thefts on 15:12 - Mar 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

83 stolen dogs found on pikiey's.... Whoops Travelers park

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-56475355

Great they were found, when I was a kid they used to implicate certain restaurants as the source of the problem.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dog thefts on 19:33 - Mar 21 with 1301 viewsRanger_Things

Dog thefts on 21:43 - Feb 27 by Ranger_Things

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a pet stolen and not returned. We once had a call asking for a reward for our missing cat, which had literally been fed 5 minutes before. Some crackheads had taken it off the doorstep in Queen's Park and needed drug money. Another time somebody tried to untie my 50 kilo mastiff cross from outside a supermarket in Cornwall and got a very nasty shock when he declined to go with. Scary as fck but watching the CCtV afterwards was hilarious. He saw off the bloke and then strolled in the shop calm as you like to find me. I only found out when a call went out over the tannoy asking "for the owner of a big red dog to come to customer service s" where upon a very small lady was giving him cuddles. Even so I am a lot more careful now.

For all the very real anger and distress caused by this I think we should remember the chances of it happening are very slim. Yes thefts are up 170% but that is from 172 dogs in 2019 to 465 dogs in 2020. The UK dog population is said to be approximately 9 million. Hopefully with more awareness and people taking more precautions that figure will drop.

Loftboy, it's interesting that you read on Facebook the culprits are Eastern Europeans. A mate of mine blamed Gypsies and over in Ireland Bryan is hearing it's English and Northern Irish gangs. I have no idea who the cnts are but these rumours sound very much like people blaming 'others'. I guess when some toerags get nicked we will find out if it is just prejudice or if the rumours are true.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 22:18]

6 arrests after 80 stolen dogs found at a travellers' site in Ipswich.

Three women aged 35, 41 and 46, two 34-year-old men and a 38-year-old man — all from Ipswich — were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 19:36]
Dog thefts on 20:08 - Mar 21 with 1238 viewsLimehouseR

Dog thefts on 22:33 - Feb 27 by Ranger_Things

Really? With CCTV everywhere that is extremely high risk for relatively little money. A thief could make more nicking someone's wallet, watch and iphone with very little chance of getting caught. Mind you the police rarely investigate any thefts these days. They just hand out crime reference numbers.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 22:41]

Not having a go at you at all Ranger_Things but CCTV is an incident like that is rarely effective if it is present at all.
Unless the police get a viable image of the suspects face to pass round for identification they rarely will use it as evidential. With everyone wearing face masks these days...
Also the vehicle will no doubt have false or altered plates.

I feel like the police get a hard time sometimes with investigations but they are literally swamped with reports and not enough people to actually investigate them properly unfortunately. From a friend who works on a response team in an inner London borough the control room don't even send a police officer to a victim of a burglary unless the suspect is still there or is literally running away as the call is made to police. Telephone report and maybe a scene of crime officer might attend if you are lucky. After being a victim of burglary more than once I find that shocking.

As for the dogs, people who steal them really are scum. But as has been mentioned already, people who have certain dogs because they are trendy and used as a status symbol aren't much better. It actually upsets me when I see an owner dragging one of those cross bred dogs along as they clearly struggle to breath properly (the dog not the owner).
Dog thefts on 20:17 - Mar 21 with 1219 viewsstowmarketrange

Dog thefts on 15:12 - Mar 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

83 stolen dogs found on pikiey's.... Whoops Travelers park

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-56475355

Should it not say 83 dags recovered?
Dog thefts on 20:28 - Mar 21 with 1206 viewsRanger_Things

Dog thefts on 20:08 - Mar 21 by LimehouseR

Not having a go at you at all Ranger_Things but CCTV is an incident like that is rarely effective if it is present at all.
Unless the police get a viable image of the suspects face to pass round for identification they rarely will use it as evidential. With everyone wearing face masks these days...
Also the vehicle will no doubt have false or altered plates.

I feel like the police get a hard time sometimes with investigations but they are literally swamped with reports and not enough people to actually investigate them properly unfortunately. From a friend who works on a response team in an inner London borough the control room don't even send a police officer to a victim of a burglary unless the suspect is still there or is literally running away as the call is made to police. Telephone report and maybe a scene of crime officer might attend if you are lucky. After being a victim of burglary more than once I find that shocking.

As for the dogs, people who steal them really are scum. But as has been mentioned already, people who have certain dogs because they are trendy and used as a status symbol aren't much better. It actually upsets me when I see an owner dragging one of those cross bred dogs along as they clearly struggle to breath properly (the dog not the owner).

Some good points.
Regarding the dogs struggling to breathe, it's predominantly a problem with brachycephalic pedigree dogs. The Kennel Club are the worst thing to ever happen to dogs. Millions of them have miserable lives and die prematurely because of those cnts.
Dog thefts on 21:07 - Mar 21 with 1158 viewshantssi

Dog thefts on 16:15 - Mar 21 by Boston

Great they were found, when I was a kid they used to implicate certain restaurants as the source of the problem.

Great Chinese my dad used to use with his mates had the nickname Korkeys!
Dog thefts on 01:36 - Mar 22 with 1103 viewsstowmarketrange

Dog thefts on 20:28 - Mar 21 by Ranger_Things

Some good points.
Regarding the dogs struggling to breathe, it's predominantly a problem with brachycephalic pedigree dogs. The Kennel Club are the worst thing to ever happen to dogs. Millions of them have miserable lives and die prematurely because of those cnts.

I blame the people who want the cross pedigree breeds in the first place.There are only bought as status symbols and for posers to show off.
Dog thefts on 09:30 - Mar 22 with 1024 viewsloftboy

Dog thefts on 01:36 - Mar 22 by stowmarketrange

I blame the people who want the cross pedigree breeds in the first place.There are only bought as status symbols and for posers to show off.

20 years ago these were called mongrels, I blame the people who gave them stupid names to make them sound special, cocoa doodle doo Ffs , labradoodles
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 16:22]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Dog thefts on 18:59 - Mar 22 with 928 viewsRanger_Things

Dog thefts on 01:36 - Mar 22 by stowmarketrange

No different from whichever pedigree dog breed is currently fashionable. Obviously you can blame anyone you want but the breathing issues you mentioned earlier were caused by pedigree dogs inbred for extreme brachycephalic features. Crossbreeds are generally more healthy than pedigrees. Obviously if you cross 2 brachy dogs the result will most likely be as bad as the parents but the fault originates from the pedigree parents, not the act of crossing.

This documentary was made about 10 years ago but tragically nothing has changed so it's still very relevant. Well worth a look if you get a chance.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/pedigree-dogs-exposed/
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 19:03]
Dog thefts on 19:21 - Mar 22 with 897 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dog thefts on 09:30 - Mar 22 by loftboy

20 years ago these were called mongrels, I blame the people who gave them stupid names to make them sound special, cocoa doodle doo Ffs , labradoodles
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 16:22]

Pretty sure I read that the bloke who first came up with labradoodles said he deeply regretted the whole thing.
Dog thefts on 06:11 - Mar 23 with 789 viewsRanger_Things

Dog thefts on 19:21 - Mar 22 by CiderwithRsie

Pretty sure I read that the bloke who first came up with labradoodles said he deeply regretted the whole thing.

I'm not sure about that but all pedigree dogs were first the result of crossing types, then they start inbreeding to make them look the same. I have no doubt that in a few years the Kennel Clubs will designate the Labradoodle and other designer crosses as pedigree. Dog shows and standards are all about profit for the KC. Since 2008 they have recognised 11 new breeds.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 6:11]
Dog thefts on 06:46 - Mar 23 with 762 viewsHayesender

Off topic, but what are peoples thoughts on the dog that mauled that poor seal to death in Barnes?

I see people calling for the dog to be put down, but as the owner of a bull breed, I think the fault lays entirely with the irresponsible owner.

If I'm walking my boy over that way, he is always on a lead, as there's too many distractions for him over there.

The owner on the other hand needs prosecuting imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dog thefts on 07:04 - Mar 23 with 744 viewsdistortR

Dog thefts on 19:21 - Mar 22 by CiderwithRsie

That can be read two ways, mate............................
Dog thefts on 07:11 - Mar 23 with 735 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dog thefts on 06:46 - Mar 23 by Hayesender

Off topic, but what are peoples thoughts on the dog that mauled that poor seal to death in Barnes?

I see people calling for the dog to be put down, but as the owner of a bull breed, I think the fault lays entirely with the irresponsible owner.

If I'm walking my boy over that way, he is always on a lead, as there's too many distractions for him over there.

Put the owner down.
Dog thefts on 09:08 - Mar 23 with 657 viewsMickS

Dog thefts on 07:11 - Mar 23 by Watford_Ranger

Put the owner down.

My Vizsla is prey driven. If we are anywhere near ducks, moorhens etc he is on a lead. It’s as simple as that.
Dog thefts on 09:09 - Mar 23 with 652 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dog thefts on 06:46 - Mar 23 by Hayesender

Other than worrying livestock, another pet or attacking a person there is nothing other than

It’s against the law to let a dog be dangerously out of control anywhere, such as:

in a public place

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024