Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banning racist fans 19:10 - Jul 14 with 6826 viewsonlyrinmoray

Re the PMs announcement OK so a racist fan gets banned Why can’t he get his mate to get him a ticket or go to a local non league pay at the turnstile game or lower league game ?

Banning racist fans on 19:11 - Jul 14 with 5176 viewsRanger_Things

Boris go to a non league game? You're havin' a laugh.
Banning racist fans on 23:47 - Jul 14 with 4856 viewsessextaxiboy

Banning racist fans on 19:11 - Jul 14 by Ranger_Things

Boris go to a non league game? You're havin' a laugh.

I doubt whether the racists or the idiots fighting in the streets ever go to a game .
Banning racist fans on 23:49 - Jul 14 with 4854 viewsCiderwithRsie

Banning racist fans on 23:47 - Jul 14 by essextaxiboy

I doubt whether the racists or the idiots fighting in the streets ever go to a game .

Except when they were captaining Chelsea, of course.
Banning racist fans on 10:54 - Jul 15 with 4590 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Why can’t he get his mate to get him a ticket or go to a local non league pay at the turnstile game or lower league game ?"

Nothing stopping this, which does make a bit of a mockery of the rule.

But also - having a rule that says "if you racially abuse a player online you get banned" is fine. I'd probably extend it to having a go at family and stuff as well. That being said, I do think supporters should also have the opportunity to earn back their place. A flat lifetime ban seems like everyone loses in the end.

Expect this to either 1) Hardly ever be used or 2) Become a tool for some fans to start trying to stitch up others and get them banned based on a perception of what they've said, as opposed to actual racist abuse. Interested to see how clubs implement it.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Banning racist fans on 11:00 - Jul 15 with 4583 viewsMetallica_Hoop

As Leo Kearse said.

"I hate it when people scroll down your Twitter to years ago to find something they perceive offensive to use against you. Or in my case last week"
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 11:00]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Banning racist fans on 11:50 - Jul 15 with 4498 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I just had a man in my work. He was wearing a Chelsea top so I should have banned him there and then!

We got talking about the England game and he thought that Harry Maguires penalty was brilliant but….

“It was the 3 black players that fell apart”

ffs

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Banning racist fans on 12:22 - Jul 15 with 4447 viewsDavieQPR

One of the first people traced via his social media has never been to a football match in his life.
Banning racist fans on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 4416 viewsslmrstid

Could be wrong here, but dont people with football banning orders have to present themselves at a police station on the day of a match? Well their own team / England anyway depending on their specific ban.

But presenting yourself at a police station when QPR are playing, for example, could still prevent travel to another game anyway...?
Login to get fewer ads

Banning racist fans on 12:47 - Jul 15 with 4376 viewsSheffieldHoop

Banning racist fans on 12:31 - Jul 15 by slmrstid

Could be wrong here, but dont people with football banning orders have to present themselves at a police station on the day of a match? Well their own team / England anyway depending on their specific ban.

But presenting yourself at a police station when QPR are playing, for example, could still prevent travel to another game anyway...?

That's not how I understand it
You have to give the police your passport when England is playing away or give good reasons as to why you can't (I have a holiday booked to Portugal and England are playing in Finland, for example)
Think you get a 5-day window to do it in or something.
Don't think they're particularly strict in terms of going looking for people who miss their appointment. Probably just alert the airports and stuff.

Seem to recall Stevenage defender Dean Wells was officially on a football banning order while playing in the football league, so while he could attend matches as a player, he couldn't as a supporter. If he got left out of the squad on matchday he'd officially have to turn back and go home. Dunno if this was ever enforced though.

Banning racist fans on 13:12 - Jul 15 with 4326 views80s_Boy

Banning racist fans on 12:47 - Jul 15 by SheffieldHoop

That's not how I understand it
You have to give the police your passport when England is playing away or give good reasons as to why you can't (I have a holiday booked to Portugal and England are playing in Finland, for example)
Think you get a 5-day window to do it in or something.
Don't think they're particularly strict in terms of going looking for people who miss their appointment. Probably just alert the airports and stuff.

Seem to recall Stevenage defender Dean Wells was officially on a football banning order while playing in the football league, so while he could attend matches as a player, he couldn't as a supporter. If he got left out of the squad on matchday he'd officially have to turn back and go home. Dunno if this was ever enforced though.

That's correct about the passport or provision of holiday booking.

They're also backed up at the airport by spotters at gates where flights are scheduled to host country too.

It becomes complicated with dual passports though!
Banning racist fans on 13:19 - Jul 15 with 4306 viewsSheffieldHoop

Banning racist fans on 13:12 - Jul 15 by 80s_Boy

That's correct about the passport or provision of holiday booking.

They're also backed up at the airport by spotters at gates where flights are scheduled to host country too.

It becomes complicated with dual passports though!

Yeah, I'm also aware of a group of lads on bans who claimed they were going to Hamburg for a Stag doo, but managed to end up in Parken Stadium as England fans for Denmark away.

Where there is a will, there is always a way

Banning racist fans on 13:21 - Jul 15 with 4304 viewsdaveB

I thought that was pretty much in place anyway
Banning racist fans on 14:00 - Jul 15 with 4248 viewsderbyhoop

Any bans would be pointless if they cannot/ will not be enforced.

It's up to us as supporters of an ethnically diverse club, to show that racism, however, expressed, should not be tolerated.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Banning racist fans on 14:08 - Jul 15 with 4216 viewsSheffieldHoop

Banning racist fans on 14:00 - Jul 15 by derbyhoop

It's up to us as supporters of an ethnically diverse club, to show that racism, however, expressed, should not be tolerated.

Yeh let's start going after low information QPR fans for liking the Britain First page on facebook in 2013

Banning racist fans on 14:12 - Jul 15 with 4205 views80s_Boy

Banning racist fans on 14:00 - Jul 15 by derbyhoop

We'd have to be careful...

Regardless of the fact that they are an idiot it is someone's right not to like particular persons and express that opinion. You can legally say that you don't like x because they are black/white/Irish/Muslim/Catholic/Jedi and you haven't broken the law: stray into abuse and they have, of course.

There was someone on QPR Twitter last year advocating a ban for anyone who tweets anything thing to do with or anything showing support for Tommy Robinson... As much as I find him repulsive I wouldn't want anyone to be banned for supporting him - but not breaking the law in doing so - no matter how much I disagree with their politics.

QPR aren't a left wing club and we're not a right wing club we're a football club and people are entitled to hold a whole array of beliefs providing they stay within the law.
Banning racist fans on 14:17 - Jul 15 with 4191 viewsderbyhoop

Banning racist fans on 14:12 - Jul 15 by 80s_Boy

We'd have to be careful...

Regardless of the fact that they are an idiot it is someone's right not to like particular persons and express that opinion. You can legally say that you don't like x because they are black/white/Irish/Muslim/Catholic/Jedi and you haven't broken the law: stray into abuse and they have, of course.

There was someone on QPR Twitter last year advocating a ban for anyone who tweets anything thing to do with or anything showing support for Tommy Robinson... As much as I find him repulsive I wouldn't want anyone to be banned for supporting him - but not breaking the law in doing so - no matter how much I disagree with their politics.

QPR aren't a left wing club and we're not a right wing club we're a football club and people are entitled to hold a whole array of beliefs providing they stay within the law.

Last few words hit the nail on the head.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Banning racist fans on 14:50 - Jul 15 with 4128 viewsLancashirehoop

One way could be to have a photo id football supporters card, issued to you by the club you support or a club of your choosing. Season tickets would be loaded onto it as would any ticket you purchase for any match you would care to go to including internationals. The card would grant you access at the turnstile if the ticket for that match was loaded onto it. In the event you are ejected from the ground or arrested for any misdemeanor, then the card could be blocked by the issuer for a period of time or number of matches depending on the tariff for the offence.

Of course there are a number of negatives to this - the cost of installing and rolling out the system, although the technology is probably already there in the majority of the 92 league clubs.
The obvious one is of course people objecting to what is effectively a kind of personal id card.
That said in addition to the credit and debit cards we all carry, most of will have in our wallets a selection of smart loyalty, discount and membership cards with our personal details on, which we use on a regular basis.

Anyway when I rock up at Hull in a couple of weeks without a ticket might any of you have a spare you can sell me?

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Banning racist fans on 14:56 - Jul 15 with 4106 views80s_Boy

Banning racist fans on 14:50 - Jul 15 by Lancashirehoop

One way could be to have a photo id football supporters card, issued to you by the club you support or a club of your choosing. Season tickets would be loaded onto it as would any ticket you purchase for any match you would care to go to including internationals. The card would grant you access at the turnstile if the ticket for that match was loaded onto it. In the event you are ejected from the ground or arrested for any misdemeanor, then the card could be blocked by the issuer for a period of time or number of matches depending on the tariff for the offence.

Of course there are a number of negatives to this - the cost of installing and rolling out the system, although the technology is probably already there in the majority of the 92 league clubs.
The obvious one is of course people objecting to what is effectively a kind of personal id card.
That said in addition to the credit and debit cards we all carry, most of will have in our wallets a selection of smart loyalty, discount and membership cards with our personal details on, which we use on a regular basis.

Anyway when I rock up at Hull in a couple of weeks without a ticket might any of you have a spare you can sell me?

"One way could be to have a photo id football supporters card"

Shit, it's the 1980s again!
Banning racist fans on 15:56 - Jul 15 with 4042 viewsLancashirehoop

Banning racist fans on 14:56 - Jul 15 by 80s_Boy

"One way could be to have a photo id football supporters card"

Shit, it's the 1980s again!

1984 to be precise. But we're already there!

We all scan our Apple Watches, smartcards, fitbits, cards for memberships, discounts, loyalty. priviliges etc and they all carry our info on them and can be withdrawn from us if we break the rules.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Banning racist fans on 16:14 - Jul 15 with 4012 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Banning racist fans on 14:17 - Jul 15 by derbyhoop

Last few words hit the nail on the head.

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Banning racist fans on 16:25 - Jul 15 with 3967 views80s_Boy

Banning racist fans on 15:56 - Jul 15 by Lancashirehoop

1984 to be precise. But we're already there!

We all scan our Apple Watches, smartcards, fitbits, cards for memberships, discounts, loyalty. priviliges etc and they all carry our info on them and can be withdrawn from us if we break the rules.

I meant the attempt by the Thacher Government to introduce ID cards for supporters in the 1980s...

It was widely despised then and will be widely despised now and is a complete non-starter.

Awful idea.
Banning racist fans on 16:26 - Jul 15 with 3971 viewsWatfordR

I'm not sure why anyone is talking about banning people who've made racist comments from football matches.

Racial hostility is an offence under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. There's a very obvious opportunity here for the government to say "Those who racially abused the three England players online have potentially broken UK Law. We will investigate each and every comment made, we will find out who made them and if those individuals are subject to UK Law, they will be prosecuted." And follow through as far as is practically possible.

A high profile instance of racism not being tolerated, which MIGHT make others think twice about doing the same thing on other occasions.
Banning racist fans on 17:24 - Jul 15 with 3898 viewsRanger_Things

Banning racist fans on 16:26 - Jul 15 by WatfordR

I'm not sure why anyone is talking about banning people who've made racist comments from football matches.

Racial hostility is an offence under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. There's a very obvious opportunity here for the government to say "Those who racially abused the three England players online have potentially broken UK Law. We will investigate each and every comment made, we will find out who made them and if those individuals are subject to UK Law, they will be prosecuted." And follow through as far as is practically possible.

A high profile instance of racism not being tolerated, which MIGHT make others think twice about doing the same thing on other occasions.

Of course it's a load of nonsense, it came out of the Prime Minister's mouth.
Banning racist fans on 17:31 - Jul 15 with 3867 viewsSheffieldHoop

Banning racist fans on 16:26 - Jul 15 by WatfordR

They have.....5 arrested today
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57848761

Banning racist fans on 18:14 - Jul 15 with 3783 viewsWatfordR

Banning racist fans on 17:31 - Jul 15 by SheffieldHoop

They have.....5 arrested today
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57848761

Arrested is one thing, prosecuted quite another.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024