Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Papa John's success for Super U's at Gander Green Lane just topping! 13:59 - Jan 4 with 1602 viewsdurham_exile

After yet another shocking display and consequent defeat at Crawley the U’s head to Gander Green Lane (aka the VBS Community Stadium) to play the league’s surprise team Sutton United in the last 16 of the Papa John’s trophy.

On Saturday we did at least manage to record an Away goal, the first in seven games, but it was otherwise a dismal display.

Now I am an optimist and definitely a glass half full exponent, but this current Colchester side is testing my patience and stamina. Still, it could be worse Wreck It Ralph has managed to make Manchester United so uninspiring and dire that I almost felt sorry for them playing against the Wolves last night.

So how can we improve. Well, it isn’t difficult. First HM must play two strikers. Sears cannot operate on his own up front effectively. While we still have Syl Jasper at the club play him alongside as a pairing. Judge just in behind then play Wiredu (while he is still at the club) Chilvers and Skuse as a three-man midfield and then the back four must include either Daniels or Clampin at left back with Tchamadeu or MWH and Chambers and Smith as the central pairing. I know this will not be popular with the Tom Eastman fraternity, but he has been off his game this season and perhaps need to operate as a substitute.

I see that the club are looking at a short-term deal for Alex Bass from Pompey as a stand in keeper with Shamal George still injured and Jake Turner presumably going back to Newcastle.

Despite the club’s protestations that they are working to bring in new faces (probably Leslie Crowther who hosted the show) there is little evidence that anyone wants to come. Scunny appear to be driving up the price for Loft, but at least there appears to be no firm bid from Forest for Brendan Wiredu (thank goodness).

I have to say that as bad as things were last season, this season has seen no improvement and we are simply treading water, rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic and slowly sinking into the Marianas trench. It is a grim affair.

Calls for HM to go are ignored, calls for the Chairman to go are met with stinging criticism from the embittered chap and de Sousa and Humes are safer than Klopp and Guardiola. It is a complete sh**show.

Tommy Smith has issued a rallying call for the players to be better at the back and upfront. I take little comfort in the belief that there are two worse teams than Colchester in the league this year. We are simply not making any positive progress.
Anyway, the Papa John’s Trophy gives an opportunity to at least progress and earn some more cash and certainly Pizza!

Let’s try the following team 4,3,1,2

Turner

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Clampin

Wiredu Chilvers Skuse

Judge

Jasper Sears

Subs
Collins Eastman Kennedy Hannant Tovide Dobra Daniels

Tonight, offers a break from the rigours of the league and should be viewed as such.
The weather will be 2 degrees Celsius, clear and dry.

I think 2-1 to the Super U’s

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Try and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Papa John's success for Super U's at Gander Green Lane just topping! on 10:35 - Jan 6 with 471 viewsnoah4x4

……..and another thing. Yet another club that prohibits admission only for away drums. Musical instrument ban? I’m gonna learn to fart the post horn gallop through my Arsenal to spite them. Maybe we can build an orchestra? We’re Col United and do what we want…..
Papa John's success for Super U's at Gander Green Lane just topping! on 10:56 - Jan 6 with 459 viewsdurham_exile

Papa John's success for Super U's at Gander Green Lane just topping! on 10:35 - Jan 6 by noah4x4

……..and another thing. Yet another club that prohibits admission only for away drums. Musical instrument ban? I’m gonna learn to fart the post horn gallop through my Arsenal to spite them. Maybe we can build an orchestra? We’re Col United and do what we want…..

Grimsby ban musical instruments for midweek evening games, but allow them on a Saturday afternoon.

Of course we don't want to experience Blundell Park next season!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Papa John's success for Super U's at Gander Green Lane just topping! on 11:29 - Jan 6 with 448 viewsWitham

Because I have tio attend a Council meeting on the 18th January I have two (seated) concession tickets for the Sutton Away League match going spare - free to the first takers.
Papa John's success for Super U's at Gander Green Lane just topping! on 01:03 - Jan 8 with 356 viewsghughes11

Papa John's success for Super U's at Gander Green Lane just topping! on 11:29 - Jan 6 by Witham

Because I have tio attend a Council meeting on the 18th January I have two (seated) concession tickets for the Sutton Away League match going spare - free to the first takers.

can't even give 'em away Witham!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024