Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem 12:36 - Mar 15 with 2160 viewsdurham_exile

Tonight, the Super U’s head to the Memorial Ground Bristol Rovers to play the Gas who under ruffian Joey Barton are currently 8th in the league after only 2 defeats in their last 15 games. They have hopes of a top seven finish or even top three but I am sorry to disappoint JB, but they will fail in their bid.

Table (first time in weeks the entire table)

FGR 35 68
Northampton 36 60
Newport 36 59
Tranmere 36 59
Exeter 34 58
Swindon 36 58
Sutton 35 57

Bristol Rovers 36 57
Mansfield 33 56
PV 34 53
Salford 34 49
Hartlepool 35 48
Crawley 35 48
Harrogate 35 43
Bradford 36 43
Walsall 36 43
Carlisle 35 40
Rochdale 34 39
COL U 36 39
Orient 34 36
Barrow 35 34
Stevenage 36 34

Oldham 34 31
Scunny 36 24

Aaron Collins is having his best season ever goal scoring wise. Since his uneventful loan spell at Colchester where he managed No goals in 7 appearances, he has gone on to score 8 goals in 15 apps at Morecambe, 14 goals in 72 apps for FGR and 13 goals in 38 apps for the Gas.

Mansfield though offer a better chance of that top seven finish than the Gas who I have to say are rather inert despite their decent run of results.

Anyway, let’s focus on the Super U’s. So, four games unbeaten our first double and consecutive victories for the first time this season.

We can go to the Mem with confidence and an approach which says we are not going to roll over this evening. An easy journey for Wessex and Mr and Mrs Witham and Noah will all be there. Wishing them all a safe journey.

Now my team selection is dependent upon returns from injury.

If fit then Dallison must partner Chambers. MWH at Right Back.
Wiredu, Skuse and Chilvers in midfield and then Big John Sears and Edwards up front.
Doubts injury wise remain over Huws and Judge but a place on the bench for Judge if fit.

But we will see.

Team

George

MWH Chambers Dallison Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Edwards Akinde Sears

Subs

Hornby Eastman Smith Tchamadeu Andrews Wright Judge

Now we know that WB would rather do anything but play two strikers, but even he must have seen how the team purred for those 15 minutes second half against Scunny with two strikers, a positive mindset and defensive woes banished. If only we could bottle that and sell it, we would be top of the league. The shackles had been removed and the confidence coursed through the player’s veins.

I know that we cannot always reproduce that form but when we do it is a pleasure to watch the team and the supporters appreciate it. The expressions on the faces of the players said it all. It was like Barrow away again with players jumping into the crowd and ecstasy amongst the club and supporters.

Please let us not return to type tonight and let ourselves down with another non appearance and a 3-0 defeat. Instead take the game to them and go for the three points. It would be the perfect result to take us into the televised game on Monday against FGR.

My prediction 3-2 to the U’s with Edwards, Big John and Chilvers on the scoresheet.

The final ten games: 11 points needed

Bristol Rovers A
FGR H
Tranmere H
Harrogate A*
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A*

Weather tonight 9 degrees Celsius, mostly cloudy no rain. A decent night for football.
Safe journey to the travelling faithful

Don’t forget it is on iFollow as well.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 785 viewsdurham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:27 - Mar 15 by gerry_us

Scunny seem to have a death wish. Have another player sent off after 20 minutes tonight

Pressure of the trap door Gerry.

I am incandescent we could have claimed at least a point tonight because Rovers have been nothing special.

Once again WB leaves it too late before making a key change.

Also Andrews once again ignored, why?

Durham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:32 - Mar 15 with 778 viewsdurham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:30 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

Pressure of the trap door Gerry.

I am incandescent we could have claimed at least a point tonight because Rovers have been nothing special.

Once again WB leaves it too late before making a key change.

Also Andrews once again ignored, why?

85 minutes and Andrews gets the obligatory 5 minutes

Durham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:35 - Mar 15 with 771 viewsdurham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:32 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

85 minutes and Andrews gets the obligatory 5 minutes

Come on we can claim a point here

Durham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:38 - Mar 15 with 768 viewsdurham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:35 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

Come on we can claim a point here

4 minutes
Come on

Durham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:41 - Mar 15 with 763 viewsdurham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:38 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

4 minutes
Come on

Had we shown more attacking intent we would have had a point tonight.

Durham_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 23:28 - Mar 15 with 629 viewswessex_exile

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 21:41 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

Had we shown more attacking intent we would have had a point tonight.

Got back 20 minutes ago. Frustrating, because although Gas were the better side overall, we still deserved a point from that game. I'm not one for bashing players, certainly when they all need confidence, but Hannant did not have a good game I'm afraid, and should have been subbed far earlier than he was. However, other than that it was a very solid, albeit defensive performance from the U's, and it certainly didn't look like a game between two teams separated by a large part of the league. Still, results elsewhere for the most part went our way, still 8pts clear of the drop and one less match to play.

Onwards and upwards - I fancy we can get something in front of the cameras against FGR.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Inert Gas to be overcome by superior U's at the Mem on 09:25 - Mar 16 with 511 viewsnoah4x4

Was a pleasure to stand adjacent to Wessex and 100% agree with his appraisal.

Hannant anonymous, even when given a second chance swapping wings with Edwards at HT. My fear is that Akinde isn't fit for 90 minutes, and that is limiting our options. We need Chilvers in the number 10 role and if Sears goes wide (replacing Hannant), Akinde must play 90 minutes,. A lack of an effective centre forward has been our downfall all season. Gillingham fans confirm what we are witnessing from Akinde, probably well past his best and only an impact player when losing.

I think Leyton Orient did us a favour. Although they crept a point closer, they extended FGRs winless streak and the league leaders must be suffering a few jitters, possibly like PNE did when we nearly spoiled their promotion party and we avoided relegation by a whisker. However, I fear our 8 point lead will be eroded over coming fixtures and keeping goal difference low becomes crucial. Last night's result suggests that is possible, when barely a month ago we would have capitulated into a 3-0 defeat. The fixtures versus Harrogate, Stevenage and Bradford appear critical, with a few other points scrapped for elsewhere. Fortunately, others below us have even more difficult run ins, including six pointers where they both can't take more than one point. Two wins and a draw (or one win and four draws) should see us safe, provided we concede few goals in the rest. I fancy we have more chance of two wins than hanging on for multiple dour draws. But any points on Monday might feel like victory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024