Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight 20:03 - Apr 13 with 4387 viewsShotKneesHoop

He's wearing number 49 on BBC teamsheet. Maybe Hesgoal will have a stream shortly.

Another player totally cocked up by Redknobb's management skills, who can still get selected as a first team starting choice onto the international stage.

I truly hate that Pinocchio bloke almost as much as I hate Chelscum.

Adel's best performance was as a false 9 against them, when the Shaun Shanked Redemption hit the net as One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Best LFW thread and posts ever that night.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 20:08]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 4376 viewsHAYESBOY

His mistake in the first leg led to Liverpool's second goal.

Hope he has a good game.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 4340 viewshoops_legend

Made two good chances for benfica before half time last match. Hope to see him do well
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 20:25 - Apr 13 with 4313 viewsPunteR

Nutmegs I prefer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 20:55 - Apr 13 with 4210 viewsdaveB

For all Redknapps faults I'm not sure Adel at that stage was very interested in playing for us
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 21:13 - Apr 13 with 4147 viewseghamranger

Still wears black gloves.

Used to love watching him when he was on it. He’s having a alright game tonight
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 00:41 - Apr 14 with 3819 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Liverpool are a class apart and now are basically into the CL final with Bayern Munich gone .
What happened to City tonight was a disgrace and that pathetic ref who should be demoted
.I know he is young but having an inexperienced ref just gave AM license to kill basically.
Stefan Savic is a thug and should face a 6 month ban for his conduct but will get away as usual.Foden got the living crap kicked out of him without any protection its not right..
Injuries for City will pave the way for Liverpool to win 4 cups I feel.
On a QPR note Sterling got headbutted and Walker tore up his leg it was like Game Of Thrones out there
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 07:08 - Apr 14 with 3656 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 00:41 - Apr 14 by CLAREMAN1995

Liverpool are a class apart and now are basically into the CL final with Bayern Munich gone .
What happened to City tonight was a disgrace and that pathetic ref who should be demoted
.I know he is young but having an inexperienced ref just gave AM license to kill basically.
Stefan Savic is a thug and should face a 6 month ban for his conduct but will get away as usual.Foden got the living crap kicked out of him without any protection its not right..
Injuries for City will pave the way for Liverpool to win 4 cups I feel.
On a QPR note Sterling got headbutted and Walker tore up his leg it was like Game Of Thrones out there

I mean it was particularly feisty for a football match but it does make me roll me eyes and snigger when you see these grown men behaving like they do these days. I watch a lot of rugby and nothing happened on that pitch last night that would make anyone bat an eyelid on a rugby field.

They had a serious debate in the BT studio about Savic pulling Grealish’s hair. The headbutt was quite literally the sort of thing I used to watch the Undertaker do to Macho Man Randy Savage when I was 8.

It’s irreparable now but the way players have been coddled over a 20 year period has created these sensationalist reactions from players and pundits. Of course you have to protect players from leg breaking tackles but there wasn’t much of that going on. Just aggression and handbags. They were more silly petulant boys than thugs. If Savic is the closest thing we have to a hard man these then I’d feel more worried about a scrap breaking out at a lawn bowls encounter.

I am completely fed up and exhausted with seeing players jump to the floor clutching their ankles until the other player is booked. Then why do they hobble when they get back up? He’s been booked now the game’s up mate. And the time wasting. The bloody time wasting. People are paying to watch other people stand around and purposely drop or miss-control a ball. You could probably squeeze another WWF analogy in there too.

Maybe I’m just grumpy but I find it all very hard to watch. But then I never liked pantomimes as a kid either. What on earth would Alan McDonald say?
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 07:48 - Apr 14 with 3585 viewsdistortR

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 07:08 - Apr 14 by Padulas_Shampoo

I mean it was particularly feisty for a football match but it does make me roll me eyes and snigger when you see these grown men behaving like they do these days. I watch a lot of rugby and nothing happened on that pitch last night that would make anyone bat an eyelid on a rugby field.

They had a serious debate in the BT studio about Savic pulling Grealish’s hair. The headbutt was quite literally the sort of thing I used to watch the Undertaker do to Macho Man Randy Savage when I was 8.

It’s irreparable now but the way players have been coddled over a 20 year period has created these sensationalist reactions from players and pundits. Of course you have to protect players from leg breaking tackles but there wasn’t much of that going on. Just aggression and handbags. They were more silly petulant boys than thugs. If Savic is the closest thing we have to a hard man these then I’d feel more worried about a scrap breaking out at a lawn bowls encounter.

I am completely fed up and exhausted with seeing players jump to the floor clutching their ankles until the other player is booked. Then why do they hobble when they get back up? He’s been booked now the game’s up mate. And the time wasting. The bloody time wasting. People are paying to watch other people stand around and purposely drop or miss-control a ball. You could probably squeeze another WWF analogy in there too.

Maybe I’m just grumpy but I find it all very hard to watch. But then I never liked pantomimes as a kid either. What on earth would Alan McDonald say?

while i agree with a lot of what you say, I think Rugby would have something in place to stop challenges like the one that caused Foden's head wound. That really could have caused a serious injury.
Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 08:43 - Apr 14 with 3492 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Yeah head injuries are different of course. I was largely referring to the nonsense that happened in the last 15 mins and the outrage and hullabaloo it’s caused. Ultimately, it was Foden feigning injury, then realising he was off the pitch so rolling back onto it to waste time that caused the fracas.

I think that is worse for the game and the paying spectator than the resultant fisticuffs. I’m not sure why the former is accepted - encouraged even - whilst the Madrid reaction causes so much widespread offense.
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 08:51 - Apr 14 with 3466 viewsTheChef

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 08:43 - Apr 14 by Padulas_Shampoo

Yeah head injuries are different of course. I was largely referring to the nonsense that happened in the last 15 mins and the outrage and hullabaloo it’s caused. Ultimately, it was Foden feigning injury, then realising he was off the pitch so rolling back onto it to waste time that caused the fracas.

I think that is worse for the game and the paying spectator than the resultant fisticuffs. I’m not sure why the former is accepted - encouraged even - whilst the Madrid reaction causes so much widespread offense.

Yeah as you mention the 'fisticuffs' is embarrassing - pushing, shoving, hair pulling. Someone gently moving their forehead in the direction of another player's forehead (this now constitutes a headbutt??)

You get more violence in a Will Smith fake slap.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 09:05 - Apr 14 with 3425 viewsdaveB

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 08:43 - Apr 14 by Padulas_Shampoo

Not sure Foden was faking injury, when you see it from the angle on the touchline, the fella takes a big swipe at his ankles, was a bad tackle. Madrid didn't need to react like that, they wasted most of the game trying to get players sent off
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 09:06 - Apr 14 with 3421 viewsClive_Anderson

Atletico are just a very expensive version of 80s Wimbledon.

For such a good team Man City are so boring, their style of play, manager, supporters....zzzzz.
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 09:07 - Apr 14 with 3422 viewsdaveB

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 3148 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I agree with this completely. I just watched it and the original tackle is the least offensive thing in that whole sequence. It’s the only part of the match I’ve seen and I don’t actually know the final score, I think City got through though. I honestly don’t care. I know Atletico are no saints so can’t say whether Foden was out of line.

I think we’re in the minority and this sort of thing is only going to get worse and spread to all levels of the game as people with any semblance of integrity will learn that it’s the only way they compete. It’s ingrained. Very sad but it’s not just football it’s everything.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 12:52]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 12:58 - Apr 14 with 3121 viewsDWQPR

Fillipe should have been sent off with that challenge on Foden in the first ten minutes. There was absolutely no intention to win the ball but instead to endanger Foden. And not even a yellow card. If VAR is being used why the hell isn’t it being used for such bad challenges?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 13:23 - Apr 14 with 3048 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 12:51 - Apr 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

I agree with this completely. I just watched it and the original tackle is the least offensive thing in that whole sequence. It’s the only part of the match I’ve seen and I don’t actually know the final score, I think City got through though. I honestly don’t care. I know Atletico are no saints so can’t say whether Foden was out of line.

I think we’re in the minority and this sort of thing is only going to get worse and spread to all levels of the game as people with any semblance of integrity will learn that it’s the only way they compete. It’s ingrained. Very sad but it’s not just football it’s everything.

Their treatment of Foden throughout was a disgrace. The tackle at the end there was absoutely fine, it was the kick out afterwards. Foden rolling back on was a bit silly, but he'd had 90 minutes of being kicked to sh!t and fouled and barged. I don't blame him at all. Felipe should have been off in the first half, let alone by then. Literally went through the back of him, elbow in the back of the head, drawing blood: not even a booking!

Sadly, Atletico lost it. They played brilliantly, but lost control. Thought City did superbly and if the one reaction they made was Foden rolling back on the pitch, that was restrained. Two teams whose managers very much in their own image. Not a bad thing in either case, I think Simeone is fantastic, but they set out to intimidate City last night.

Bare bones.

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 13:24 - Apr 14 with 3042 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 12:58 - Apr 14 by DWQPR

Fillipe should have been sent off with that challenge on Foden in the first ten minutes. There was absolutely no intention to win the ball but instead to endanger Foden. And not even a yellow card. If VAR is being used why the hell isn’t it being used for such bad challenges?

How can I give more than 1 thumb up here DWQPR excellent post.
Foden is the last player to roll around on the ground faking and trying to get some one booked but he had enough and fair play to him.He jumped over at least 2 more career threatening tackles just to give more context.
The ref did not have the stomach for it IMO and stood off to the side while the scuffles were taking place .Not sure if its policy or not.
Grealish was not subbed on because he is not mentally ready to take that punishment (see game 1 ) and AM targeted him to get him red carded.
City showed the heart needed and every English fan should be thrilled they advanced
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 13:29 - Apr 14 with 3016 viewsTheChef

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 13:24 - Apr 14 by CLAREMAN1995

How can I give more than 1 thumb up here DWQPR excellent post.
Foden is the last player to roll around on the ground faking and trying to get some one booked but he had enough and fair play to him.He jumped over at least 2 more career threatening tackles just to give more context.
The ref did not have the stomach for it IMO and stood off to the side while the scuffles were taking place .Not sure if its policy or not.
Grealish was not subbed on because he is not mentally ready to take that punishment (see game 1 ) and AM targeted him to get him red carded.
City showed the heart needed and every English fan should be thrilled they advanced

"City showed the heart needed and every English fan should be thrilled they advanced"

Hmmm well yeah - although these days Man City are English only in so much as they play their football in England.

To be honest I would love Villareal to beat Liverpool and go all the way, if only to break up the monopoly of the usual megabucks teams who win it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 13:48 - Apr 14 with 2968 viewsR_from_afar

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 13:29 - Apr 14 by TheChef

"City showed the heart needed and every English fan should be thrilled they advanced"

Hmmm well yeah - although these days Man City are English only in so much as they play their football in England.

To be honest I would love Villareal to beat Liverpool and go all the way, if only to break up the monopoly of the usual megabucks teams who win it.

"To be honest I would love Villareal to beat Liverpool and go all the way, if only to break up the monopoly of the usual megabucks teams who win it".

I totally agree. Villareal are not exciting to watch but they are incredibly well organised, committed and clinical on the break. I'd love to see our ex-player Parejo lift the trophy.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 14:58 - Apr 14 with 2871 viewsstowmarketrange

Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 12:51 - Apr 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

Luckily it hasn’t spread to the women’s games yet.Although a few people knock it for the standard of football,at least the players are mostly honest and just trying to play the game instead of cheating their opponents and the officials.
Long may it continue because mens football and it’s players are ruining the game,and they’re being allowed to get away with it by the authorities.
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 16:51 - Apr 14 with 2699 viewsonlyrinmoray

Thought this was about Taarabt couldn’t have done much for Benfica no surprise then
Taarabt playing midfield for Benfica against Liverpool tonight on 17:30 - Apr 14 with 2646 viewsTomS

I thought Taarabt played really well last night. He is playing in a deep midfield position these days, his passing and elusiveness caught the eye of the commentators too. He reminded me a bit of how Ali Faurlin played. He didn't make the game changing runs as he did in his youth, but he was playing to the standard required in a match of that importance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024