Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liz Truss resigns 13:35 - Oct 20 with 12312 viewsJuzzie

Never thought I'd do a 'Liz Truss is the new PM' and a 'Liz Truss resigns' thread in the space of 6 weeks!

Her leadership campaign lasted longer than her actual tenure. What a mess. Hopefully we can have some stability, this cannot go on.

[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 13:40]
Liz Truss resigns on 17:10 - Oct 20 with 3091 viewsRanger_Things

[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 17:15]
Liz Truss resigns on 17:16 - Oct 20 with 3063 viewsParkRoyalR

Liz Truss resigns on 17:10 - Oct 20 by Ranger_Things

[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 17:15]

Just pray this leadership election doesn't go to Tory Party Members as a poll of a sample of 500 of them this week confirmed 40% of them would still have voted for Truss, even with the benefit of hindsight.

The Real Monster Raving Loony Party.
Liz Truss resigns on 17:35 - Oct 20 with 2975 viewsQPR_Jim

Liz Truss resigns on 16:55 - Oct 20 by Damo1962

Have they. Doesn't seem that way to me. It's always easy to blame others, and all Politicians do it, but Labour do little else but carp from the sidelines.They do it Ad Nauseum. Do they have any policies of their own we should know about, apart from PC Virtue signalling?

The U turns the government have been doing (a lot) is partly down to pressure from the opposition MP's and when they do those U turns they are moving away from what they believed was a good idea and adopting other policies in line with or close to the opposition's idea. There's not a lot more they can do unless you elect them.
Liz Truss resigns on 18:36 - Oct 20 with 2868 viewsGloryHunter

Have they. Doesn't seem that way to me. It's always easy to blame others, and all Politicians do it, but Labour do little else but carp from the sidelines.They do it Ad Nauseum. Do they have any policies of their own we should know about, apart from PC Virtue signalling?

Yes, after 12 years in power, the Tories still blame Labour for everything that goes wrong. They are even trying to blame Gordon Brown for this month's pension funds' gilts meltdown!
Liz Truss resigns on 18:46 - Oct 20 with 2838 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Liz Truss resigns on 13:42 - Oct 20 by HAYESBOY

Shirley they cannot now wait for a GE for another two years? They are just treating Government like their own private little club.

So many Tories have said they wont have a GE because they wouldnt win. They couldn't give a flying fvck that they are driving the country off a cliff. Just so long as they are at the wheel. The good of the country comes a very poor second to protecting their comfy lifestyles
Liz Truss resigns on 18:52 - Oct 20 with 2794 viewsAntti_Heinola

That's what opposition is. If the opposition didn't do that it wouldn't be doing its job. They have tons of policies, some of which the Tories stole for themselves. The Tories and their reidiculous Brexit have dragged this once proud country into the gutter. An irredeemable mob of losers, chancers, liars, and self-interested, self-obsessed half-wits.

Bare bones.

Liz Truss resigns on 18:56 - Oct 20 with 2756 viewsQPR_John

Liz Truss resigns on 18:46 - Oct 20 by dodge_stoke_r

So many Tories have said they wont have a GE because they wouldnt win. They couldn't give a flying fvck that they are driving the country off a cliff. Just so long as they are at the wheel. The good of the country comes a very poor second to protecting their comfy lifestyles

If you really want a GE when a PM leaves office for whatever reason then campaign for a law that demands this. We have an unwritten constitution which can easily be changed so petition to change it. You might also want a law to make a local election mandatory when a sitting candidate changes parties.
Liz Truss resigns on 18:58 - Oct 20 with 2743 viewsQPR_John

Liz Truss resigns on 18:52 - Oct 20 by Antti_Heinola

That's what opposition is. If the opposition didn't do that it wouldn't be doing its job. They have tons of policies, some of which the Tories stole for themselves. The Tories and their reidiculous Brexit have dragged this once proud country into the gutter. An irredeemable mob of losers, chancers, liars, and self-interested, self-obsessed half-wits.

The job of the opposition of any colour is to hold the government to account unfortunately opposition parties think their job is to oppose for the sake of opposing.
Login to get fewer ads

Liz Truss resigns on 19:34 - Oct 20 with 2658 viewsQPR_Jim

Liz Truss resigns on 18:58 - Oct 20 by QPR_John

The job of the opposition of any colour is to hold the government to account unfortunately opposition parties think their job is to oppose for the sake of opposing.

Given the absolute state of the government (for quite a while now) how can you tell? I think all the U turns speak for themselves.
Liz Truss resigns on 19:38 - Oct 20 with 2629 viewsQPR_John

Liz Truss resigns on 19:34 - Oct 20 by QPR_Jim

Given the absolute state of the government (for quite a while now) how can you tell? I think all the U turns speak for themselves.

Was not meant as a party comment just on politics since I can remember. No government is always wrong and no opposition is always right but if you listen to them you would think that is the case.
Liz Truss resigns on 19:51 - Oct 20 with 2611 viewsQPR_Jim

Liz Truss resigns on 19:38 - Oct 20 by QPR_John

Was not meant as a party comment just on politics since I can remember. No government is always wrong and no opposition is always right but if you listen to them you would think that is the case.

Fair enough, I was just making the point that it is easy to look like you're opposing for the sake of it (regardless of the party) if the government changes it's mind doing u-turns and is often divided internally on policy, which is what has been happening recently.

I hope whoever's in charge next has a vision for the party to repair the damage and work towards more unity in Westminster as currently the whole system looks like a bad joke.
Liz Truss resigns on 20:17 - Oct 20 with 2548 viewsthemodfather

good riddance, does she really deserve £100k a year for life?? she balls the economy and blames the railway workers, ukraine, covid and all , even khasi not herself.
Liz Truss resigns on 22:14 - Oct 20 with 2415 viewsRanger_Things

Liz Truss resigns on 01:15 - Oct 21 with 2269 viewskensalriser

Liz Truss resigns on 18:52 - Oct 20 by Antti_Heinola

There are also some bad ones.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Liz Truss resigns on 02:03 - Oct 21 with 2222 viewsSydneyRs

Absolutely farcical. Again. This has to stop.

I'm not and never will be a tory, their ideology is something I'll never agree with. However, there have been ok tory governments and surely, SURELY, there is more talent in their ranks than we've seen over the last six years or so? Make no mistake, the UK is currently a laughing stock and this lot are to blame.

If things don't change, we'll have another two years of infighting until the next election and the tories will be destroyed. Sadly they will have taken the country's fortunes down with them. Their only chance is to have a complete clear out and actually appoint people to senior positions who have ability, not just yes people for the brexit nonsense.

Ah yes, brexit. Six years on and clearly it isn't providing any benefits at all. It is making things worse in an already challenging global environment. There is no doubt about this, despite the dwindling numbers still defending it. Something has to change. Both major parties need to stop being terrified of saying it isn't working and start doing something to make it better. Anything. Start acting for the people and not yourselves.

Sadly I just think we're in for more of the same. The last six weeks has been beyond parody. People should be screaming for an election.
Liz Truss resigns on 03:23 - Oct 21 with 2198 viewsbob566

Liz Truss resigns on 02:03 - Oct 21 by SydneyRs

I'm not and never will be a tory, their ideology is something I'll never agree with. However, there have been ok tory governments and surely, SURELY, there is more talent in their ranks than we've seen over the last six years or so? Make no mistake, the UK is currently a laughing stock and this lot are to blame.

If things don't change, we'll have another two years of infighting until the next election and the tories will be destroyed. Sadly they will have taken the country's fortunes down with them. Their only chance is to have a complete clear out and actually appoint people to senior positions who have ability, not just yes people for the brexit nonsense.

Ah yes, brexit. Six years on and clearly it isn't providing any benefits at all. It is making things worse in an already challenging global environment. There is no doubt about this, despite the dwindling numbers still defending it. Something has to change. Both major parties need to stop being terrified of saying it isn't working and start doing something to make it better. Anything. Start acting for the people and not yourselves.

Sadly I just think we're in for more of the same. The last six weeks has been beyond parody. People should be screaming for an election.

Exactly. You guys need to be back in the EU.
Liz Truss resigns on 13:10 - Oct 21 with 1993 viewswood_hoop

Liz Truss resigns on 13:35 - Oct 21 with 1929 viewsSonofpugwash

https://scontent.fbrs4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/312603840_6020117978031548_

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Liz Truss resigns on 13:57 - Oct 21 with 1896 viewsSuperhoop83

Liz Truss resigns on 02:03 - Oct 21 by SydneyRs

The only tangible benefit of Brexit has been the destruction of the Conservative party. And we're all paying for that too.

Suffering since 1978.

Liz Truss resigns on 14:04 - Oct 21 with 1889 viewsNorthantsHoop

It's the markets and the financial institutions that run this country along with the Civil Service, politicians just tinker around setting a few laws which are generally conceived by the Civil Service to maintain the way the establishment has always governed. Remember Boris Johnson was not really ousted until the former top Foreign Office Civil Servant stepped in and said that Johnson was lying about not being told about his minister Pincher and the groping allegations. Once the Civil Service at very senior levels has decided it has lost faith in the governing party your days are numbered. Kwarteng and Truss were finished when Kwarteng sacked leading Treasury Official when he took office they steamrolled their mini budget without Treasury really behind it and not having OBR input fatally wounded both Chancellor and the PM, then the ultimate paymasters the market just pulled the plug.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 14:25]
Liz Truss resigns on 16:44 - Oct 21 with 1709 viewsRanger_Things

QPR Tolkien!

[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 17:14]
Liz Truss resigns on 17:17 - Oct 21 with 1636 viewsRanger_Things

I honestly don’t think the Tory soap opera will ever end. It would be fcking hilarious if they weren’t taking the country down with them.

‘Damning partygate evidence means Boris Johnson could be ‘gone by Christmas’

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-10-21/damning-partygate-evidence-means-boris-johns
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 17:22]
Liz Truss resigns on 17:31 - Oct 21 with 1596 viewsJuzzie

Maybe it's their intention to be so suicidal that a GE will be called. They'll lose then sit back and, as the opposition, make childish and critical comments in the HoC towards the people now left to sort all the schit out.
Liz Truss resigns on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 1424 viewsTomS

Has Liz endorsed Boris as her preferred continuity candidate?
Liz Truss resigns on 21:53 - Oct 21 with 1294 viewsderbyhoop

Liz Truss resigns on 15:56 - Oct 20 by Damo1962

Tories look like they are finished as a relevant party anymore...just like the Liberals. The Marxist's on the left, have achieved what they set out to do all those decades ago. I find the hard left more chilling than the hard right TBH. People will stand up to the far right, they won't to the far left. At least all the problems in this country, and the rest of the world won't be blamed on the Tories...or will they? Easy to shout from the Left all the time, let's see how they do in Government. I reckon people will look back fondly for those old fashioned One Nation Conservative values in the future.This rabble masquerading as Conservatives, deserve everything they get. I'll be voting for Nigel when he returns to mix it up a bit 🤗

If Starmer leads a party of Marxists then Atilla the Hun was a cosy liberal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024