Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The minutes applause 15:04 - Nov 5 with 3077 viewsWesty75

Scourge of the modern game.

You get it now even when they ask for a minutes bloody silence.

The minutes applause on 18:08 - Nov 5 with 2819 viewscolinallcars

Yes, I noticed that, They definitely asked for a minute's silence only for people to start clapping. Ironically, these silences have been well observed in recent years, with just a few making a noise as they enter, unaware of what is taking place.
The minutes applause on 19:14 - Nov 5 with 2648 viewsNoelmc

I think the format was a bit confusing. It was supposed to be reading out the names followed by two minutes silence then the last post. Trouble is crowd started clapping once names were read out & it continued. Maybe would have been better to do the silence first on the referees whistle. Then names, then LP (which also gained a round of applause).
The minutes applause on 23:57 - Nov 5 with 2317 viewsAntti_Heinola

i think the important thing is respect is shown. i think football does that in bundles these days - it's not really worth worrying about how it's done, it's the sentiment that's important, and i think every person in the crowd had the right sentiment.

Bare bones.

The minutes applause on 00:08 - Nov 6 with 2300 viewslightwaterhoop

I remember we had a minutes applause for George Best when he passed away.No idea why.
The minutes applause on 00:37 - Nov 6 with 2261 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The minutes applause on 23:57 - Nov 5 by Antti_Heinola

i think the important thing is respect is shown. i think football does that in bundles these days - it's not really worth worrying about how it's done, it's the sentiment that's important, and i think every person in the crowd had the right sentiment.

I had no idea what it was for until I got in.

Made it much easier to get a cup of tea.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The minutes applause on 10:56 - Nov 6 with 1899 viewstoboboly

I agree with the OP, thought it was embarrassing , it's not a new thing this remembrance malarkey.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The minutes applause on 15:37 - Nov 6 with 1706 viewsqpr1976

The minutes applause on 00:08 - Nov 6 by lightwaterhoop

I remember we had a minutes applause for George Best when he passed away.No idea why.

To be fair, he Did play for us !
(For 45 mins. At Gary Waddocks testimonial. I think he swapped sides & shirts with Gary ?)
The minutes applause on 23:29 - Nov 6 with 1519 viewsdaveB

The minutes applause on 19:14 - Nov 5 by Noelmc

I think the format was a bit confusing. It was supposed to be reading out the names followed by two minutes silence then the last post. Trouble is crowd started clapping once names were read out & it continued. Maybe would have been better to do the silence first on the referees whistle. Then names, then LP (which also gained a round of applause).

Thats how I saw it, I think people clapped the names and no one really knew when to stop. The ref could have helped by blowing his whistle to mark the start of the silence, i found it all a bit confusing
Login to get fewer ads

The minutes applause on 23:38 - Nov 6 with 1498 viewsBoston

The minutes applause on 00:08 - Nov 6 by lightwaterhoop

I thought it would have been far more appropriate if we'd all got a free drink.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The minutes applause on 23:44 - Nov 6 with 1482 viewsloftboy

The minutes applause on 15:37 - Nov 6 by qpr1976

To be fair, he Did play for us !
(For 45 mins. At Gary Waddocks testimonial. I think he swapped sides & shirts with Gary ?)

Wasn’t it maccas testimonial against Chelsea ? I was at that and Waddocks against Charleoi and don’t remember him playing in that one.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024