Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park 21:52 - Jan 27 with 1213 viewsdurham_exile

A deserved draw against the Ammies lifted the mood after the disappointment of the Gillingham game. Tomorrow sees yet another six pointer against the Monkey Hangers of Hartlepool at Victoria Park. Led by Keith Curle Pools have injury problems and have been struggling to bring players in. They have signed 19-year-old Tayt Trusty from Blackpool who is likely to be pressed into service immediately.

Table:
COL U 28 27
Newport 26 26
Harrogate 25 24
Crawley 24 22
Hartlepool 27 22
Gillingham 25 20
Rochdale 27 20

Now MB has brought in a striker from Lincoln City — Tom Hopper who has a decent record for the Imps and was until recently their club captain. We have also signed Will Greenidge permanently from West Ham although it seems likely that he is U21 material at this time.

Long serving stalwart Tom Eastman is away on loan to Harrogate, whilst Ryan Clampin has gone on loan to Dundee. It also seems likely that our star players Tchamadeu, Tovide and Chilvers are going nowhere (for now).

So, who is in MB’s plans for the starting XI tomorrow?
3,4,1,2 looks favourite:

O’Hara

Chambers Hall Kelleher

Tchamadeu Skuse Read Kazeem

Chilvers

Hopper Tovide

Subs
Hornby Hannant Ashley Newby Jay Akinde Wood

Notwithstanding how well Big John has been playing of late the games are coming thick and fast so I would rest him on the bench and pitch Tom Hopper straight into the fray. He has been playing throughout for the Imps and so will be match fit. He has also had some time with the team.

MB’s challenge is how to accommodate all his midfield players into the team. Any three from nine is the predicament and of the all the new players, fitting the midfield pieces into the jigsaw is the difficult part.

Luke Hannant
Cole Skuse
Ossama Ashley
Alex Newby
Matt Jay
Emyr Huws
Marley Marshall-Miranda
Chay Cooper
Noah Chilvers

Dallison unfortunately is injured but Kelleher was inspirational the other night. Not even my favourite Ashley gets in the starting XI at present. Kwesi Appiah sadly is long term injured which is a blow because he played very well earlier in the season.

Three points tomorrow will see the U’s reach the magical 30 point. Only 18 more for guaranteed safety and just 40 more for a top seven place. We are of course running out of games.

Weather in the North East at Hartlepool will be 8 degrees Celsius, mostly cloudy with the possibility of some rain.

Score prediction 3-1 to Colchester with Tovide and new boy Hopper on the score sheet with a goal from Chilvers to seal the victory.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 14:03 - Jan 28 with 1116 viewsnoah4x4

Team

13 KIERAN O'HARA
04 LUKE CHAMBERS ©
08 COLE SKUSE
14 NOAH CHILVERS
15 FIACRE KELLEHER
16 ARTHUR READ
22 JUNIOR TCHAMADEU
23 CONNOR WOOD
25 TOM HOPPER
29CONNOR HALL
34 SAMSON TOVIDE
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 14:23 - Jan 28 with 1104 viewsmfb_cufc

U's stat: Just three players in Colchester's team today who started their last visit here to Hartlepool, in their final game of last season - Junior Tchamadeu, Luke Chambers and Noah Chilvers.

mfb

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 14:54 - Jan 28 with 1089 viewsnoah4x4

New experience for me. Have never listened to I-Follow audio (only).

Silently cheering the U's whilst I struggle with laryngitis.
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 15:06 - Jan 28 with 1085 viewsnoah4x4

0-1 already. Get in there!
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 15:09 - Jan 28 with 1079 viewswessex_exile

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 15:06 - Jan 28 by noah4x4

0-1 already. Get in there!

Bloody U's, couldn't they wait until I've got off the loo!

Great stuff, and Kelleher again!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 16:01 - Jan 28 with 1047 viewsnoah4x4

HT 0-1, but audio commentary suggests to me that Hartlepool are showing the greater ambition after we went ahead. Will be interesting to watch the full video replay tomorrow and compare.

Gillingham seem to be making a statement. Makes me think of the season in Division One where Norwich and Southampton were bottom around Christmas (we having won 1-7 at Norwich) and they both went up. Can the U's and Gillingham fans dare to dream?
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 16:35 - Jan 28 with 1025 viewswessex_exile

Pressure is building. U's have to do something to break it.

Up the U's

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 16:43 - Jan 28 with 1018 viewsnoah4x4

Swindon back to 3-3.
Harrogate losing.
Rochdale losing
The U's must hang on for a hugely positive result....
Login to get fewer ads

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 16:46 - Jan 28 with 1013 viewsnoah4x4

Normal service is resumed. 1-1.

From the radio commentary, we sound second best and toothless.
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 1007 viewsnoah4x4

Yes........1-2. NEWBY!!!!

Its a miracle!
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 16:54 - Jan 28 with 995 viewsburnsieespana

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 16:50 - Jan 28 by noah4x4

Yes........1-2. NEWBY!!!!

Its a miracle!

Officially been credited as am own goal by Sterry.
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:01 - Jan 28 with 982 viewswessex_exile

Get in!!!

Massive result, a real battle against a determined Pools, but 4 wins away on the bounce! Come on Col U!!

Up the U's

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:02 - Jan 28 with 975 viewsnoah4x4

Rochdale lose.
Harrogate lose
Gillingham draw.
Hartlepool lose (see next)
Colchester win four consecutive aways games for the first time in 25 years.

What a result. Hartlepool deserved a point if the audio commentary is any guide, but how often have we lost and said we deserved something?

Safe journey home to all.
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:08 - Jan 28 with 969 viewswessex_exile

Four wins, one draw and one defeat in January, 13pts from a possible 18, Manager of the Month award anyone? We're now seven points away from clawing our way into the mid table group, which we were 15pts away from at the start of the month. Okay, everyone below us have games in hand, in fact everyone above us have too, but I'd rather have the points on the board.

Come on Col U!

Up the U's

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:13 - Jan 28 with 961 viewsthrillseeker

BBC Essex just said that is first time since 1987/88 we have won 4 away games on the trot
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:16 - Jan 28 with 959 viewsgerry_us

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:02 - Jan 28 by noah4x4

Rochdale lose.
Harrogate lose
Gillingham draw.
Hartlepool lose (see next)
Colchester win four consecutive aways games for the first time in 25 years.

What a result. Hartlepool deserved a point if the audio commentary is any guide, but how often have we lost and said we deserved something?

Safe journey home to all.

I bet that did your laryngitis a lot of good Noah
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:59 - Jan 28 with 929 viewsnoah4x4

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:16 - Jan 28 by gerry_us

I bet that did your laryngitis a lot of good Noah

I’m staying silent Gerry. I have been so ill that me & Mrs Noah have been self-isolating from each other inside our own house to avoid transmission of this lurgy.

Wonderful result. Will watch full replay on I-Follow tomorrow.
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 18:11 - Jan 28 with 914 viewspwrightsknees

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 17:59 - Jan 28 by noah4x4

I’m staying silent Gerry. I have been so ill that me & Mrs Noah have been self-isolating from each other inside our own house to avoid transmission of this lurgy.

Wonderful result. Will watch full replay on I-Follow tomorrow.

Get well soon Mr & Mrs Noah.

Up the U's
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 19:08 - Jan 28 with 891 viewsnoah4x4

Blimey, just looked at the potential plight of Oldham, Scunthorpe and Torquay in the National League. It seems increasingly common for teams to suffer consecutive relegations. I wonder if this is an unforeseen consequence of financial fair play where limited playing budgets lock clubs into squads that they can’t easily change within the transfer window system and turning them around is like reversing an oil tanker. I am increasing thinking that Cowling has truly got his timing right as regards current investment.
Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 19:58 - Jan 28 with 866 viewswessex_exile

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 19:08 - Jan 28 by noah4x4

Blimey, just looked at the potential plight of Oldham, Scunthorpe and Torquay in the National League. It seems increasingly common for teams to suffer consecutive relegations. I wonder if this is an unforeseen consequence of financial fair play where limited playing budgets lock clubs into squads that they can’t easily change within the transfer window system and turning them around is like reversing an oil tanker. I am increasing thinking that Cowling has truly got his timing right as regards current investment.

Absolutely, even Yeovil aren't yet safe, and not forgetting bottom club Maidstone United used to be a league side too. I also totally agree, Robbie may have been keeping his financial cards close to his chest for the last few seasons, what with Covid lockdown and all that, but he really has picked the perfect time to make serious investment in the U's to pull us not just away from trouble, but put us in a splendid position to get at least two relegations away from the football league quicksand that is the National League.

Going into January we were 19 points off the play-offs, now after six games we're 12 points off. That's slightly more than 1 point progress per game. Keep that up, and with 5-6 games to go we're actually in reach of the play-offs! Obviously I've been supping at the Durham kool-aid saying that, but we can but dream.

Up the U's!

Up the U's

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 20:04 - Jan 28 with 864 viewsdurham_exile

Col U to ensure Monkey Hangers are hung out to dry at Victoria Park on 19:58 - Jan 28 by wessex_exile

Absolutely, even Yeovil aren't yet safe, and not forgetting bottom club Maidstone United used to be a league side too. I also totally agree, Robbie may have been keeping his financial cards close to his chest for the last few seasons, what with Covid lockdown and all that, but he really has picked the perfect time to make serious investment in the U's to pull us not just away from trouble, but put us in a splendid position to get at least two relegations away from the football league quicksand that is the National League.

Going into January we were 19 points off the play-offs, now after six games we're 12 points off. That's slightly more than 1 point progress per game. Keep that up, and with 5-6 games to go we're actually in reach of the play-offs! Obviously I've been supping at the Durham kool-aid saying that, but we can but dream.

Up the U's!

Just back home after dropping my son off.

Never mind what the radio commentary might have said.
We deserved to win and should have won by more.

Hopper is a brilliant signing

Lots to mull over.
Report to follow.

My son aged 34 was born the year that we last won four consecutive away wins.

I have been to the last three and can't remember the last time I watched three on the trot.

MB could be canonised if he gets us promoted this season.

Absolutely brilliant again today.

Delighted that Jeff Stelling will be as sick as a parrot.

Up the U's
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 20:08]

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024