Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That feeling that we are going down… 09:53 - Feb 13 with 15645 viewsRs_Holy

I’m usually reasonably optimistic when it comes to all things QPR. I usually believe that if things are not going to plan we will get out of trouble… something will click and the team will get the wins it needs… the players will pull up their socks, puff their chests out and guts out some performances.
But there have been points in seasons past when I knew we were going down… A horrible, horrible feeling when you just know it is inevitable.
1996 was a season when I believed we would get out of trouble, right up until Eoin Jess scored his one and only goal for Coventry. A game we should have won, but the footballing Gods were not on our side that day. At full time I knew the game was up and we were slipping out of the top flight.
2001 was a lot earlier in the season. At home to Fulham in March… a 2-0 defeat and our 2 best players (Carlisle and Langley) leaving the pitch with ACL’s. Carlisle’s looked really bad at the time, Langley’s looked a lot less serious but in my mind I was thinking he’s probably done for the season… and so are we.
2013 was home to Wigan and Shaun Maloney’s last, last kick of the game after Loic Remy’s fabulous goal a few minutes earlier.
The 2014-2015 season was way, way earlier… In fact, it was away to Spurs in August. Yes it was the 2nd game of the season. A 4-0 thrashing and the realisation that we didn’t have anywhere near enough to make a fist of staying in the top flight.
And so, to Saturday and the home defeat to Millwall… Its now 1 win in 16, we can’t keep a clean sheet (jeez there have been some comedy goals this season), and we are completely toothless up front. Add into the mix that our best player limped off the field having only been on for 7 minutes and I have come to the conclusion we are sinking slowly and painfully into League 1. The alarm bells were ringing at the start of the season when the clubs ‘quality’ striker/loan signing was Tyler Roberts (cue sarcastic text message from leeds supporting friend). But I hoped maybe Armstrong would start scoring a few, Chair would go up another notch and we would have a gem or 2 more in midfield. But nothing appears to have come off! The signings for a number of reasons just have not worked out. That horrible, horrible feeling is back, and made worse this season because it will be a long, slow death as we ever so gradually get dragged into trouble. Sorry I can’t be more optimistic, roll on next season.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:56]
That feeling that we are going down… on 17:57 - Feb 13 with 2917 viewstoboboly

I think we have enough draws in us to be safe, but only because their are three basket cases worse than us. Will we be as lucky next year?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

That feeling that we are going down… on 18:05 - Feb 13 with 2893 viewsstanistheman

That feeling that we are going down… on 13:43 - Feb 13 by johnhoop

You’re too late with Warnock. He’s going to be busy keeping Huddersfield in the Division.

I saw that afterwards. He will keep them up this season and turn them into playoff contenders next season.
That feeling that we are going down… on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 2729 viewsLblock

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:59 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Usually it's LBlock coming on here giving it "the sky is falling" and me saying don't be so daft, simple maths, look at the numbers.

I'm not sure this year. I think we've probably posted enough points to be ok. Two or three more wins, three draws, that'll probably be enough. Cardiff, Huddersfield, Blackpool and Wigan have won one of the last 40 games between them !!

But I honestly don't trust this group of players we've got now at all. They're weak, physically and mentally. There is zero belief and confidence within them. Several of them obviously don't want to be here.

I think we're going to run it close.

Well I never…

I’m still waiting for those LFW sponsored plastic bedsheets – you can pass them on to someone else now.
This has been coming for ages.
I’m actually shocked it took so long under the Bungle Brothers and the ClownMafia.
Really have to apologise to Warburton and maybe I was wrong giving him such stick in the midst of his shoite runs - he worked miracles really when we were up there.

Are we going down?
I really hope not as I feel that’ll be far worse than any FFP sanctions we’d of got NEXT season if we’d breached as per the bleaters think we would’ve.
My gut feel was we’d finish 14th as hitting top under Beale had us in a false position as so many of those results were total flukes and down to the sunshine days and some Willock worldies.
Beale made a smart move. He could see the owners have thrown in the towel and we were in poor form when he cashed in his positive media position.
Now I think if we don’t get four points in next three games we’re as good as gone. The buffer will evaporate and the club just stinks of malaise

Burn the house down this summer not matter what happens
Season ticket sales should be a right laugh

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

That feeling that we are going down… on 22:17 - Feb 14 with 2640 viewsLblock

That feeling that we are going down… on 17:57 - Feb 13 by toboboly

I think we have enough draws in us to be safe, but only because their are three basket cases worse than us. Will we be as lucky next year?

These draws won’t be nil nil so you’re expecting us to score goals?!?!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

That feeling that we are going down… on 00:03 - Feb 15 with 2475 viewsloftboy

That feeling that we are going down… on 11:37 - Feb 13 by TK1

It really isn't anything like our last relegation, which had been approaching for a couple of years. There isn't a single player from that last relegation that would get into this team, nor is the club in anyway near the mess it was in then. It's probably nearer around 2007, when a decent bunch of players were very disjointed, where a lot were passing through, but there was a nucleus to build on. If we win on Tuesday, everything changes (but we do need to win).

Our last relegation was in 2015

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

That feeling that we are going down… on 04:04 - Feb 15 with 2351 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It really isn't anything like our last relegation, which had been approaching for a couple of years. There isn't a single player from that last relegation that would get into this team, nor is the club in anyway near the mess it was in then. It's probably nearer around 2007, when a decent bunch of players were very disjointed, where a lot were passing through, but there was a nucleus to build on. If we win on Tuesday, everything changes (but we do need to win).

Peter Crouch would've walked into this team however I agree that on paper the previous team to be relegated from this division was worse. Nevertheless, the vibe I'm getting from this team is very similar. It stinks of apathy and lacks spine, conviction and direction. What's different this time around is we got points on the board early so we're not a million miles away from safety. However, the mood, performances and results need to improve quickly otherwise we'll be locked in a relegation battle with teams that know how to scrap. I just can't see this team being up for the fight so fingers crossed they get over the line soon and don't get dragged into it.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 4:07]
That feeling that we are going down… (n/t) on 04:22 - Feb 15 with 2345 viewsQPsyR

[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 5:06]

FKA AcidPixie

That feeling that we are going down… on 05:17 - Feb 15 with 2306 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I appreciate what you we're trying to say, but I respectfully disagree.

Compairing the air of decay, despair, and defeatism hanging over this QPR vintage with previous examples is like having a semantics debate. I doubt anyone of us believes anything other than we're in a paddleless and leaderless canoe with a hole in it, sailing gently down a siht stream. All of our own doing too!

As with previous messes, I'm not sure where the personnel, minerals, and abilities are to get us out of it. I see a wretched 18 months ahead for QPR. Looking down the road, I have no idea how it'll all look in August 2024, and I'm not the least bit optimistic either.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:16 - Feb 15 with 2171 viewslave16

That feeling that we are going down… on 05:17 - Feb 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Compairing the air of decay, despair, and defeatism hanging over this QPR vintage with previous examples is like having a semantics debate. I doubt anyone of us believes anything other than we're in a paddleless and leaderless canoe with a hole in it, sailing gently down a siht stream. All of our own doing too!

As with previous messes, I'm not sure where the personnel, minerals, and abilities are to get us out of it. I see a wretched 18 months ahead for QPR. Looking down the road, I have no idea how it'll all look in August 2024, and I'm not the least bit optimistic either.

Just wondering if I missed the new manager bounce in October - November or if it's been delayed until next season

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:19 - Feb 15 with 2166 viewsRs_Holy

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:16 - Feb 15 by lave16

Just wondering if I missed the new manager bounce in October - November or if it's been delayed until next season

Serious question ... Have QPR ever experienced a new manager bounce....ever?
That feeling that we are going down… on 08:30 - Feb 15 with 2154 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That feeling that we are going down… on 12:49 - Feb 13 by PinnerPaul

22/1 with Paddy Power who think there are 10 teams more likely to drop than us.

Cautionary note - we were 30/1 a week ago!

I've been watching too, Paul, and taking some comfort from the odds.

But they're dropping, as you say.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:32 - Feb 15 with 2120 viewskropotkin41

Weren't Sunderland out at 2/1 to win last night.... but we all knew they were nailed on? Just like we all knew the penalty would be missed....

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:33 - Feb 15 with 2114 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That feeling that we are going down… on 22:03 - Feb 14 by Lblock

Well I never…

I’m still waiting for those LFW sponsored plastic bedsheets – you can pass them on to someone else now.
This has been coming for ages.
I’m actually shocked it took so long under the Bungle Brothers and the ClownMafia.
Really have to apologise to Warburton and maybe I was wrong giving him such stick in the midst of his shoite runs - he worked miracles really when we were up there.

Are we going down?
I really hope not as I feel that’ll be far worse than any FFP sanctions we’d of got NEXT season if we’d breached as per the bleaters think we would’ve.
My gut feel was we’d finish 14th as hitting top under Beale had us in a false position as so many of those results were total flukes and down to the sunshine days and some Willock worldies.
Beale made a smart move. He could see the owners have thrown in the towel and we were in poor form when he cashed in his positive media position.
Now I think if we don’t get four points in next three games we’re as good as gone. The buffer will evaporate and the club just stinks of malaise

Burn the house down this summer not matter what happens
Season ticket sales should be a right laugh

"Beale made a smart move. He could see the owners have thrown in the towel and we were in poor form when he cashed in his positive media position."

Absolving Beale of any blame for talking to three clubs within weeks of arriving and putting all the blame on the owners without any proof at all that "they've thrown in the towel" is incredibly generous to Beale.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:34 - Feb 15 with 2101 viewsconnell10

That feeling that we are going down… on 17:52 - Feb 13 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Love a good thread from the miserable types who can imagine relegation out of almost any situation.

Plenty of bookies have us at 33/1 to go down with 8-9 teams more likely. It must also be about 33/1 that we have enough points already to stay up. I would be happier with the 39's enough bet than the other one. But 45 points is average for staying up.

Nearly there.

Miserable types what you mean 99.9% of our fan base?? Have a word with yourself mate , there's being optimistic but i feel you are trying to wind people up. Not a good idea at the moment imo.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:37 - Feb 15 with 2047 viewstoboboly

That feeling that we are going down… on 22:17 - Feb 14 by Lblock

These draws won’t be nil nil so you’re expecting us to score goals?!?!

I am relying on OG's tbh

After last night who knows

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:56 - Feb 15 with 1984 viewslave16

That feeling that we are going down… on 05:17 - Feb 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

That feeling that we are going down… on 09:04 - Feb 15 with 1946 viewsdm97

Hull’s relegation of 19/20 a cautionary tale here. Just because the bookies are at long price doesn’t mean it can’t happen - all they’re doing is reflecting probability. Yes it’s improbable, but this is football and QPR
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:36 - Feb 15 with 1784 viewsmart_Goblin

I agree completely. That horrible and overwhelming feeling of not seeing a way out of this if the club continues like it is and I think it’s probable they will for now as paying NC off will be a fortune .

But it feels bigger than this season and even next season . I really fear that if we get relegated this season we could easily disappear without trace as far as being a top’ football club goes . I look at Oldham for example, different circumstances of course, but there is so much wrong with every aspect of the club that I worry it will be irreversible.
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 1741 viewsvanrrrr

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:32 - Feb 15 by kropotkin41

Weren't Sunderland out at 2/1 to win last night.... but we all knew they were nailed on? Just like we all knew the penalty would be missed....

Remarkably they almost touched 5/2 at kick off

Boro around 4/6 Saturday –- seems like free money
That feeling that we are going down… on 13:47 - Feb 15 with 1715 viewsDieByYourSide

Not so bullish about our survival prospects after last night.

Seny's error for the first goal, the penalty miss...the losing habit is getting more and more entrenched. Bookies now have us from 16/1 - 22/1, firmly into 'looking at other teams' results' territory now.

Cardiff's won last night, and while we're still 10pts clear of the drop the bottom three all have two games in hand so that will close to single figures.

We can't cruise to safety, we'll have to dig in and win at least a couple of the last 14 games which feels like a huge ask at the moment.

Even the GD is starting to tank now, likely further after Saturday which makes Blackburn (H) a very big game.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 13:48]

Poll: And it's hi ho

That feeling that we are going down… on 15:17 - Feb 15 with 1563 viewsnumptydumpty

How many games in were we top.

It would be a HUGE achievement, in fact unprecedented, if we went down after being top of the table at end of October, was it...

Anyone got that table information to hand

Only a club as maddening as Rangers could achieve this unprecedented fate.

We have had a few seasons where we have practised for this feat and this year, it seems we are going for this, all guns blazing.

Makes one so proud !!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

That feeling that we are going down… on 15:20 - Feb 15 with 1557 viewsDieByYourSide

That feeling that we are going down… on 15:17 - Feb 15 by numptydumpty

It would be a HUGE achievement, in fact unprecedented, if we went down after being top of the table at end of October, was it...

We have had a few seasons where we have practised for this feat and this year, it seems we are going for this, all guns blazing.

16 games: 30 points
32 games: 39 points

Poll: And it's hi ho

That feeling that we are going down… on 15:28 - Feb 15 with 1480 viewsCamberleyR

Here you go:

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-championship/24-october-2022/

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

That feeling that we are going down… on 15:29 - Feb 15 with 1474 viewsqprd

milwall did it in 1995/1996, as clive mentioned in his match report... apparently they were in first even later in the sesaon than we were
That feeling that we are going down… on 17:54 - Feb 16 with 1225 viewsPinnerPaul

That feeling that we are going down… on 08:30 - Feb 15 by BrianMcCarthy

I've been watching too, Paul, and taking some comfort from the odds.

But they're dropping, as you say.

STILL 25/1 - don't get it, but even I have been tempted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024