Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford keeper confuses his 18 yard box with the Rugby markers 00:31 - Mar 12 with 2358 viewsJigsore

https://streamin.me/v/d655bc79

what do we think of this one then? though I loathe it falls in Mark Hughes' favour I have to say it's amazing to see a League 2 referee showing some common sense here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq8u2GxXwAAJm3Q?format=jpg&name=small

a closer look

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Bradford keeper confuses his 18 yard box with the Rugby markers on 01:42 - Mar 12 with 2228 viewsplasmahoop

Just saw this on the highlights programme. Did indeed seem to be showing some common sense, as there was no goalscoring opportunity, and he gained nothing by handling outside the box. Looked like a genuine mistake!
Bradford keeper confuses his 18 yard box with the Rugby markers on 03:29 - Mar 12 with 2168 viewsHAYESBOY

Good ref. Sensible.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bradford keeper confuses his 18 yard box with the Rugby markers on 08:36 - Mar 12 with 1945 viewsdachiltern

And his bosses will demand he is suspended from the next game! Just hope they show some common sense and actually consider action against the club for illegal pitch markings. Somehow I doubt it.
Bradford keeper confuses his 18 yard box with the Rugby markers on 14:36 - Mar 12 with 1727 viewsPinnerPaul

Not wanting to put down a fellow referee BUT, GK handling the ball outside penalty area is NOT an automatic red card.

It wasn't an obvious goalscoring opportunity or denying a goal, so a yellow would have been correct, rogue pitch markings or not!

Edit - Some on RefChat are saying not even a yellow as it would have to be for "Breaking Up a Promising Attack" and you could argue it didn't even do that as attacker not near the ball.

Most agree though, that for the sake 'game management'! a yellow was a good idea!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 11:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024