Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buying a ticket. 06:38 - Mar 17 with 7633 viewsSK_hoops

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what on earth is wrong with the ticketing system on the website?

First off, it should be the first thing you see on the official website, but you have to click the menu and pick it from there, fine, whatever.

Then you get onto that seat map, with the cursor. I tried hovering over the seat a load of times, but the option to buy the seat just disappeared, turns out you need to click on it first, then select it.

OK, I've got my seats. Then I needed to update my details. OK, they're fine... No button to get me back to the previous page I was on, back button three times, OK good. Let's enter my card details. Picked a previously used card (New debit card, but I used it on the site before, so should be good). There's something wrong with what I've entered. OK let's try again... no. OK..... session timeout.

Let's start again. Get to the debit card page, just enter my card details again and do it that way. Then I needed to put my card in my card reader and put a code in, fine. Wait? How is my timer now on two minutes? It was 25 a minute ago. Manage to sort it with about 35 seconds spare.

Phew. Can finally kick back and enjoy my tickets... 'You already have a card linked to this account'. Timed out again. Try for a third time - tickets I wanted gone. I give up.

It's like that book the castle by Franz Kafka - Jesus christ. Can't even call the box office as I'll be at work. Weird, as I've bought tickets before, but it just wasn't having it this time around.
Buying a ticket. on 07:04 - Mar 17 with 5038 viewsozranger

Some may say this sounds wrong, but the best thing to do is to forward exactly what you have here to Hoos. It is not as a complaint, well sort of not, but to advise him that there are significant problems with the ability to increase the revenue stream, even if only by a small amount. If you are having problems then so are so many others and it is costing the club money. Make sure you state that this is costing the club as that will more than likely get his attention than making a complaint.
Buying a ticket. on 07:11 - Mar 17 with 5022 viewsSK_hoops

Buying a ticket. on 07:04 - Mar 17 by ozranger

Some may say this sounds wrong, but the best thing to do is to forward exactly what you have here to Hoos. It is not as a complaint, well sort of not, but to advise him that there are significant problems with the ability to increase the revenue stream, even if only by a small amount. If you are having problems then so are so many others and it is costing the club money. Make sure you state that this is costing the club as that will more than likely get his attention than making a complaint.

Good shout.
Buying a ticket. on 07:23 - Mar 17 with 4998 viewsNorthernr

I enjoy it. It makes me feel like a contestant on the Crystal Maze. Timer up in the corner counting down, two minutes to go to assign all your tickets to your mates. Website telling you they haven't got sufficient points when they definitely have, which I know because when I click on a different bit of the same website it tells me they have.

I particularly like the new step it's added now where before you had to log ion, go to the ticketing website, click the little head icon and log in again, now you have to log in, go to the ticketing website, click the little head icon, update your preferences, click on 'linked accounts' and when a man appears from the clearing and asks "do you want to log into your ticketing account?" you have to answer within three rings and shout MAGIC FM MAKE ME A WINNER.

Then there's that bit against the clock where you have to move the tickets you want from the box on the left of the screen where you select how many you want, to the box on the right where you can choose how much they cost. Why do we have to do this? It is the mystery of the dance. When I say "select how many tickets you want", that's not actually true, because I want seven for West Brom, and I can only have six, so I buy six, and then one, in two transactions, and two booking fees,m and then when I get to West Brom I'm sitting here, and my friends are sitting over there (they're delighted). Second box, of course, you have to drag a toggle down the page to even see it, the toggle is minute so you cannot do this on your phone or ipad, best wait until you're back at your desk, preferably with one of the five most powerful computers in Europe ahead of you.

Then it's time to pay. Visa Debit you select. Then you have to wait for it to give you the boxes to fill in. There's nothing you can do to make it do this. Will it do this? Depends. Who can tell. On the occasions it doesn't, you ain't coming on. On the occasions it does, there's still more to come - would you like to approve this purchase via your banking app or a text message?

"A minute and 30" Richard O'Brien cries, and a blast of the harmonica sounds.
Buying a ticket. on 07:37 - Mar 17 with 4963 viewsenfieldargh

Buying a ticket. on 07:23 - Mar 17 by Northernr

I enjoy it. It makes me feel like a contestant on the Crystal Maze. Timer up in the corner counting down, two minutes to go to assign all your tickets to your mates. Website telling you they haven't got sufficient points when they definitely have, which I know because when I click on a different bit of the same website it tells me they have.

I particularly like the new step it's added now where before you had to log ion, go to the ticketing website, click the little head icon and log in again, now you have to log in, go to the ticketing website, click the little head icon, update your preferences, click on 'linked accounts' and when a man appears from the clearing and asks "do you want to log into your ticketing account?" you have to answer within three rings and shout MAGIC FM MAKE ME A WINNER.

Then there's that bit against the clock where you have to move the tickets you want from the box on the left of the screen where you select how many you want, to the box on the right where you can choose how much they cost. Why do we have to do this? It is the mystery of the dance. When I say "select how many tickets you want", that's not actually true, because I want seven for West Brom, and I can only have six, so I buy six, and then one, in two transactions, and two booking fees,m and then when I get to West Brom I'm sitting here, and my friends are sitting over there (they're delighted). Second box, of course, you have to drag a toggle down the page to even see it, the toggle is minute so you cannot do this on your phone or ipad, best wait until you're back at your desk, preferably with one of the five most powerful computers in Europe ahead of you.

Then it's time to pay. Visa Debit you select. Then you have to wait for it to give you the boxes to fill in. There's nothing you can do to make it do this. Will it do this? Depends. Who can tell. On the occasions it doesn't, you ain't coming on. On the occasions it does, there's still more to come - would you like to approve this purchase via your banking app or a text message?

It is total bollox our ticket website.

I can buy/book events on the other side of the planet in a few simple steps,

QPR's is crass.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Buying a ticket. on 08:02 - Mar 17 with 4916 viewsFrankRightguard

I tried to get tickets for someone for the three homes games over Christmas. First two I got into the basket but then could find no way to let it actually allow me to buy them, turns out it was the mystery updating of the profile that was causing the issue. I

In the end gave up and called the box office. Explained what I wanted and the guy sorts it. I asked when the Blackburn tickets are on sale, on sale now he says. Do you know they aren’t on the ticketing website as available? Oh.

Why do we make it so hard for people to attend a game? Ludicrous.
Buying a ticket. on 08:29 - Mar 17 with 4844 viewsParkRoyalR

Buying a ticket. on 08:02 - Mar 17 by FrankRightguard

I tried to get tickets for someone for the three homes games over Christmas. First two I got into the basket but then could find no way to let it actually allow me to buy them, turns out it was the mystery updating of the profile that was causing the issue. I

In the end gave up and called the box office. Explained what I wanted and the guy sorts it. I asked when the Blackburn tickets are on sale, on sale now he says. Do you know they aren’t on the ticketing website as available? Oh.

Why do we make it so hard for people to attend a game? Ludicrous.

Hoos should be sacked for his complete inability to fix this shambles,

Cut social media budget and invest in an in-house IT person who can manages external consultants to get this sorted, within a month.

No wonder our player recruitment analytics is all over the place!
Buying a ticket. on 08:42 - Mar 17 with 4809 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

God forbid you should try and do it on a mobile.

Keeps sending me to my own profile.

Don’t even get me started on the app.
Buying a ticket. on 08:45 - Mar 17 with 4802 viewsRs_Holy

SPOT ON CHAPS...Why is it so f***cking difficult & that bleed'n timer in the corner makes it so stressfull.
The first thing you should see when going on the site in massive letters is NEXT MATCH 'INSERT TEAM & DATE' BUY TICKETS HERE (with easy link)... or is that too easy???
Login to get fewer ads

Buying a ticket. on 09:15 - Mar 17 with 4740 viewsDannyPaddox

I still think they’re missing a trick by not including a Ted Rogers 3-2-1 cryptic question.

So far so good my ticket-buying dancer
But to see the game a riddle you must answer
Some say our West London ground is a hovel
But to who is Tom Jones asking ‘is that novel?’

Answer of course: Jude the Cat.
Buying a ticket. on 09:22 - Mar 17 with 4733 viewsJuzzie

I was getting 'time-out anxiety' when booking tickets for the Birmingham game earlier in the week!

On top of all this faff you have to pay an extra £3.50 for the privilege. I'm sure the cost of implementing the system has paid for itself many times over so reduce the fee to £1.
Buying a ticket. on 09:23 - Mar 17 with 4730 viewsToast_R

I havnt been able to buy tickets online since at least July 2021. Always says my Payment card fails the authentication no matter what card I use. Have updated all my details numerous times, complained to box office numerous times its still to this day never been resolved because they don't know why it doesn't work. They apparently referred the issue on but that was about 18 months ago, not heard anything since.

My only option is calling. Ridiculous.
Buying a ticket. on 09:30 - Mar 17 with 4692 viewsRs_Holy

Buying a ticket. on 09:15 - Mar 17 by DannyPaddox

I still think they’re missing a trick by not including a Ted Rogers 3-2-1 cryptic question.

love that ...
Buying a ticket. on 09:38 - Mar 17 with 4671 viewstoboboly

Buying a ticket. on 07:04 - Mar 17 by ozranger

Talking of which, has anyone heard or seen about the Lee Hoos Q&A that was advertised months ago and seems to have disappeared? I asked that very question about how hard it was to spend money on the website.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Buying a ticket. on 09:48 - Mar 17 with 4648 viewsPaddyhoops

It’s the reason I bought a season ticket 3 years ago. The time I lost buying tickets on the website pretty much equaled a couple of days work .
It was a no brainer.
Buying a ticket. on 10:09 - Mar 17 with 4581 viewsted_hendrix

The two people who designed our ticketing system are also our two defensive coaches.
That might explain a lot.
I'm currently number 92 in the queue.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Buying a ticket. on 10:55 - Mar 17 with 4478 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

If only we could defend set pieces as resolutely as we block attempts at buying tickets.
Buying a ticket. on 11:12 - Mar 17 with 4433 views_tf_

I have been unable to buy tickets from the website for over three years now. No matter which card I use I get the same error message about my details not matching what the club holds for me. I have spoken with countless individuals about this (some more helpful than others) and have been asked to send a screenshot of the error message I get to the IT team (done) and not one person has 'owned' the problem, got back to me or sorted it out. As a result I have spent days/weeks/months of my life listening to the Chair/Uncs holding messages trying to book tickets over the 'phone. The first time I heard these I thought they were mildly amusing whereas now even just the thought of them is making my left eye twitch a bit.
Buying a ticket. on 11:50 - Mar 17 with 4334 viewsBoston

Not a fan of the ticket website. Took a few run ups before I got the hang of it, but never confident using.

Sort it aaht Rangers!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Buying a ticket. on 12:12 - Mar 17 with 4290 viewsHayesender

You should try the southern rail app.

Every time I eventually come off it, I'm straight onto my GP for some anxiety pills

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Buying a ticket. on 13:29 - Mar 17 with 4193 viewsPeterHucker

Buying a ticket. on 09:15 - Mar 17 by DannyPaddox

my Nan's neighbours were contestants on the very first episode of 3-2-1.

Buying a ticket. on 14:48 - Mar 17 with 4112 viewsTacticalR

Random thoughts

1. A great book about user interface design is Steve Krug's 'Don't Make Me Think' (2000), the idea being that well-designed websites help you to to carry out the task you need to do. Krug says that developers often create complex web pages that people don't read and just scan quickly, trying to find the information to get on with what they are trying to do. Simple websites point you in the right direction and don't make you think.

2. One thing that is patently obvious is that software designers have not used scenarios to design this system. An example of a scenario is the 'buying a single ticket for the next match within 5 minutes'. Then once that works create more complex scenarios like 'user can't link to a bank account', or 'user wants to buy 7 tickets in one go'.

3. The scenarios can be understood by the designer, the software developer, and the testers. Once the software is developed the testers should be able spot if that scenario is unmanageable using the software (e.g. the task can't be completed in the time given). In this case it looks like the software has not been fully tested (or it has been tested and everyone has kept quiet about how difficult it is to use).

4. Instead software is often designed in functional pieces (e.g. some software to process card payments), and then the pieces are put together. At first glance all the requirements have been met, but in practice everything does not work well together. Developers have lost sight of the overall purpose of the software.

5. Often when user interface designers are brought in, it's too late to change the fundamental design of a software system.

6. I wonder if QPR have any way of monitoring how many people try to use the ticketing website, but fail to buy tickets? Probably not.

7. As someone once said "software is the management of complexity", but that doesn't mean that software has to be complex for users. It's easy to create something complex, hard to create something simple. One of the strengths of the Google search page is that it has always remained simple.

Further random thoughts

One oddity on the QPR website (not the ticketing part) is that when it makes you log in, it never takes you back to the page you were on before it made you log in.

Another oddity on the ticketing website is that when selecting a seat you have to zoom right in, otherwise the mouse pointer won't change to a hand and you can't select the seat.

It's not just QPR by the way. The other day I had to set up a standing order at HSBC and that took me over 30 minutes after various failed attempts. At work we have Oracle's personnel system, and it's frankly astonishing that a corporation with infinite resources could have produced something so unwieldy.

Air hostess clique

Buying a ticket. on 17:54 - Mar 17 with 3965 viewsphegarty

I'm glad it's not just me who has trouble on the ticket site! I find it a nightmare. Staggering when you think they are trying to sell tickets. What gets me is that, if you do manage to select a seat and try to pay, the clock suddenly jumps from 25 minutes to 3 or something,
including having to type my e-mail in again. I've been timed out loads of times - - and I'm trying to pay them money. And then they have the gall to add a booking charge!
Buying a ticket. on 22:20 - Mar 17 with 3804 viewsR_from_afar

Buying a ticket. on 14:48 - Mar 17 by TacticalR

Random thoughts

1. A great book about user interface design is Steve Krug's 'Don't Make Me Think' (2000), the idea being that well-designed websites help you to to carry out the task you need to do. Krug says that developers often create complex web pages that people don't read and just scan quickly, trying to find the information to get on with what they are trying to do. Simple websites point you in the right direction and don't make you think.

2. One thing that is patently obvious is that software designers have not used scenarios to design this system. An example of a scenario is the 'buying a single ticket for the next match within 5 minutes'. Then once that works create more complex scenarios like 'user can't link to a bank account', or 'user wants to buy 7 tickets in one go'.

3. The scenarios can be understood by the designer, the software developer, and the testers. Once the software is developed the testers should be able spot if that scenario is unmanageable using the software (e.g. the task can't be completed in the time given). In this case it looks like the software has not been fully tested (or it has been tested and everyone has kept quiet about how difficult it is to use).

4. Instead software is often designed in functional pieces (e.g. some software to process card payments), and then the pieces are put together. At first glance all the requirements have been met, but in practice everything does not work well together. Developers have lost sight of the overall purpose of the software.

5. Often when user interface designers are brought in, it's too late to change the fundamental design of a software system.

6. I wonder if QPR have any way of monitoring how many people try to use the ticketing website, but fail to buy tickets? Probably not.

7. As someone once said "software is the management of complexity", but that doesn't mean that software has to be complex for users. It's easy to create something complex, hard to create something simple. One of the strengths of the Google search page is that it has always remained simple.

Further random thoughts

One oddity on the QPR website (not the ticketing part) is that when it makes you log in, it never takes you back to the page you were on before it made you log in.

Another oddity on the ticketing website is that when selecting a seat you have to zoom right in, otherwise the mouse pointer won't change to a hand and you can't select the seat.

It's not just QPR by the way. The other day I had to set up a standing order at HSBC and that took me over 30 minutes after various failed attempts. At work we have Oracle's personnel system, and it's frankly astonishing that a corporation with infinite resources could have produced something so unwieldy.

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

I have worked for a couple of software companies and always think that software should be tested by people who are barely IT literate. It’s not helpful if boffins do the testing.

Some of the software I have come across recently is astonishingly difficult to use considering that this stuff has been around for years. It’s not intuitive and a lot of the language used to describe what a command does is vague at best and ambiguous at worst. To make matters worse, if you are not careful, screens time out while you are desperately trying to figure out what to do and wallop, you are back to square one.

Perhaps there should be a crystal mark for software design.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Buying a ticket. on 22:20 - Mar 17 with 3804 viewsHugey

The other day it told me that something about my unusual activity 'indicated I might be a bot'. My activity? Buying QPR tickets.
Buying a ticket. on 22:33 - Mar 17 with 3782 viewsToast_R

Buying a ticket. on 11:12 - Mar 17 by _tf_

I have been unable to buy tickets from the website for over three years now. No matter which card I use I get the same error message about my details not matching what the club holds for me. I have spoken with countless individuals about this (some more helpful than others) and have been asked to send a screenshot of the error message I get to the IT team (done) and not one person has 'owned' the problem, got back to me or sorted it out. As a result I have spent days/weeks/months of my life listening to the Chair/Uncs holding messages trying to book tickets over the 'phone. The first time I heard these I thought they were mildly amusing whereas now even just the thought of them is making my left eye twitch a bit.

Exactly the same issue I've had since July 2021.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024