Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables 00:14 - Apr 16 with 1711 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 38 results

EVERTON 1 FULHAM 3

Everton's hopes of Premier League survival suffered a blow as Fulham ended a run of five successive defeats. Nobody got this spot-on, and only 4 had the outcome. 17 predicted a win for Everton.

SOUTHAMPTON 0 CRYSTAL PALACE 2
Eberechi Eze struck twice as Palace won their third consecutive game with their only two shots on target, and left Southampton rooted to the bottom of the Premier League. A sublime 5 had this spot-on, and another 6 got the outcome.

MILLWALL 2 PRESTON NORTH END 0
Play-off challengers Millwall recorded a first win in five games, and ended a four-match goal drought, to dent Preston's bid for a top six spot in the Championship. Well done to oxfcolu for being the only one to get this spot-on, and a further 17 had the outcome.

WATFORD 2 BRISTOL CITY 0
Chris Wilder got his second win as Watford boss as they ended a four-game winless run to move within three points of the Championship play-off places. 3 had this spot-on, and another 12 got the outcome.

FOREST GREEN ROVERS 1 BARNSLEY 5
Forest Green have been relegated back to League Two after this thrashing by high-flying Barnsley. Remarkably, this is Forest Green's first relegation since the 1954-55 season and only their second since they were founded in 1889 - putting them on a par with the likes of Arsenal and Everton. Nobody got this spot-on, but 17 did have the outcome.

MILTON KEYNES DONS 2 CHELTENHAM TOWN 2
Alfie May got a 97th minute equaliser for Cheltenham, with his 18th of the campaign, to make up for his earlier penalty miss. Aother game with no 3 pointer, though 5 did get the outcome. 16 predicted a win for MK Dons.

CRAWLEY TOWN 2 TRANMERE ROVERS 1
Crawley came from behind to get a first win in five games to move out of the League Two relegation zone. Their first victory of the season when conceding first.
Kane Hemmings had a late penalty for Tranmere saved. 4 got this spot-on, and 3 more had the outcome.

ROCHDALE 0 BRADFORD CITY 3
Bradford maintained their hopes of automatic promotion in League Two with a convincing, routine win at bottom-of-the-table Rochdale, as they take their unbeaten run to eleven games. A final game this week with no 3 pointer, but 15 did get the outcome.

STEVENAGE 2 AFC WIMBLEDON 1
Jamie Reid's winner saw Stevenage boost their League Two automatic promotion chances with their only two shots on target, to end a run of five games without a victory. 4 got this spot-on, and a further 17 had the outcome with 11 going for a 2-0 in what was the weeks most predicted score.

SUTTON UNITED 0 LEYTON ORIENT 2
Orient are on the brink of winning promotion from League Two after their fine victory over out-of-form Sutton. A super 6 had this spot-on, and another 13 got the outcome.

We went into the final week of the seaon with issues still to be decided, especially in the Division One promotion. It turned out to be a week where many of the well favoured teams won, but they were mainly good for outcomes, rather than 3 pointers. But overall it was a decent final week for most members, with five doing well to have two 3 pointers. The top perfomance came from oxfcolu, who had the wins for Millwall and Stevenage, and five outcomes to give him a brilliant 11 points. Just missing out on being the weeks top scorer was Madeira163, who got the wins for Palace and Orient, and four outcomes, to give him an excellent 10 points. The other three to get two spot-ons all got a very decent 8 points, they were unitedwhites, who had the wins for Palace and Crawley, MrHappy2 who got the wins for Crawley and Orient, and finally gerry_us, who had the wins for Palace and Watford. Best of those to have one 3 pointer was noah4x4, who got the win for Palace and an impressive seven outcomes to give him an excellent 10 points.

In the Premier Six outcomes were enough to give mfb_cufc the title for the fifth time. It was the first time he did it by getting the magic 200 points, helped mainly by what I believe is a record 115 outcomes. After a quiet start to the season, he took over at the top in Week 6, and remained there for the rest of the season. After winning the Division One title last season, thrillseeker continued that good form back in the top tier, by getting the highest total obtained for anybody finishing second. He was also only two short of equalling the record total for the most 3 pointers in a season, that he jointly holds. In most seasons the 188 points for noah4x4 would be enough to win the title, but in this high scoring season for this division, he has to settle for third. His 113 outcomes was a great effort, just a lack of 3 pointers stopped him finishing higher. After a slow start, this was another consistent season for RSCOSWORTH, as gets a top four finish again, and takes the final Super Cup spot. Just like last season, concordman spent the first half fighting relegation, and then had a strong second half. Last season he went on to win the title, but had too much to do this time, and had to settle for fifth, but only 10 points less than last season. Another to flirt with relegation early on was Midweek League Cup Winner unitedwhites, but he recovered to be as high as third after Week 23, In the end he matched last seasons sixth place finish. After a decent fourth place finish last season, ghughes11 got 10 points more this time, but such was the high standard, it was only enough to finish seventh. After a poor first half to the season for Sector4, that had him occupying bottom place, mainly thanks to a decent century of outcomes, he recovered to finish eighth. A slow start to the season also for blueeagle, but he recovered quickly to be second after Week 11, and remained in the top half until Week 26. then a lack of 3 pointers got him fighting relegation. Two decent final weeks made sure it didn't happen, and he ended ninth. A promising first half to the season for Daniel, that had him as high as second after Week 9, saw him fade thereafter, and after dropping into the relegation zone in Week 19, struggled to get out. He is joined in Division One by wessex_exile, who makes an instant return after last seasons promotion. Missed weeks didn't help his cause, and he even lead the way early doors, but after dropping into bottom three in Week 21, he remained there for the rest of the season.

In Division One It is congratulations to Moor_Pinot on winning the title. A season where he started as Pinault_Noir, he was rarely out of the top three, and after going top in Week 30, stayed there for the rest of the season. This was a brilliant turnaround in form for him, after finishing twelfth last season. It was also a brilliant turnaround in form for GOSBTS, who joins him in the other automatic spot. He finished fifthteenth last season, but was rarely out of the top two this time around. It was a real up and down season for MrHappy2, that had him leading for the first two weeks, then dropping as low as ninth only three weeks ago. But a strong finish got him up to third in the end, only a point from the automatics. An excellent second season for bwildered, that had him gradually climb to second in Week 34. There he remained for four weeks, but only five outcomes in the final week, means he has to settle for fourth. After spending the majority of the season no higher than ninth, Tropical_Us timed his run to the play-offs to perfection, and he finished fifth. He will be hoping to make it second time lucky, after missing out in the play-offs last season. Another to have a big turnaround in form was oxfcolu. After getting the wooden spoon last season, he has rarely been out of the top six this time, and he finishes in the final play-off place. A slow start to the season for Madeira163, but he picked up well to be fourth after Week 21, and remained in a play-off place until he dropped to seventh for the final three weeks of the season. Even though he had a few weeks in the top six, burnsieespana spent a majority of the season just short in seventh or eighth, and that is where he finished. An up and down season for Happy Cup Winner Lewis_1 that had him as high as second after Week 28, finished on a low in ninth. It was a season that never really got going for gerry_us. A majority of it was spent in tenth place, and that is where he finished, after being there for the final thirteen weeks. That was also the case for Blue4U2. He had two weeks in tenth early on, but that was as good as it got, and he spent the last twelve weeks of the season in eleventh. A promising start to the season for basher2010, but he soon faded, not helped by a number of missed weeks, and he finished twelfth. Another to have a two weeks high in tenth was BFG, and he eventualy finished thirteenth. With two members withdrawing during the season, that left durham_exile unfairly holding the wooden spoon.

THE FINAL TABLES (280 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

The draw for the Super Cup Quarter-finals

(1) mfb_cufc v GOSBTS

(2) thrillseeker v Moor_Pinot

(3) noah4x4 v unitedwhites

(4) RSCOSWORTH v Lewis_1

Semi-final draw will be:-

Winner 1 v Winner 2

Winner 3 v Winner 4

The Division One Play-off Semi-finals

MrHappy2 v oxfcolu

bwildered v Tropical_Us

Full details for the above games will be on a separate thread on Sunday.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 10:02]

mfb

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 01:04 - Apr 16 with 1699 viewsdurham_exile

Once again Mick your mastery of the league is unsurpassed.

Thank you for your admin which as always was comprehensive and supremely accurate.

My wooden spoon is offset by the Super U:s achieving another year in League Two.

We simply must aim for the top seven next season.

Once again many congratulations.

Durham_exile

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 07:37 - Apr 16 with 1680 viewswessex_exile

Nice one Mick, excellent work both on and off the pitch as ever!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 10:52 - Apr 16 with 1649 viewsMoor_Pinot

Firstly Thank you Mick for so much wonderful work. It may be a bit of light relief for many of us but tis work for you.
Secondly felicitations on winning the title yet again - remarkable.

Well done to GOSBTS too, he was the deserving league one winner. I just had a couple of lucky weeks. It won't happen again. Probably to do with being back in my home country.

Once more thanks to mfb - a veritable champion for sure!

Moor Pinot

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 11:28 - Apr 16 with 1640 viewsSector4

I agree with all the sentiments on here, thanks yet again Mick for an enjoyable season and congratulations on your title win.
Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 15:08 - Apr 16 with 1631 viewsMrHappy2

Glad to be in the play offs

The king MFB back on his throne

Great job as always Mick

👏👏👏

Poll: In its 20th season how has the Happy League affected your life ?

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 16:07 - Apr 16 with 1626 viewsGOSBTS

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 10:52 - Apr 16 by Moor_Pinot

Firstly Thank you Mick for so much wonderful work. It may be a bit of light relief for many of us but tis work for you.
Secondly felicitations on winning the title yet again - remarkable.

Well done to GOSBTS too, he was the deserving league one winner. I just had a couple of lucky weeks. It won't happen again. Probably to do with being back in my home country.

Once more thanks to mfb - a veritable champion for sure!

Many thanks Pinot and hearty congratulations to you for winning the league. Very deserved - I began to lose my way towards the end but managed to save it right at the end! My season resembles Ipswich's very much, and just like Ipswich would be I imagine, I'm over the moon to gain promotion.

Huge thanks mfb for this season and all your hard work. The football season would be far duller without the Happy League. Didn't realise there was a super cup, so looking forward to this addition at the end of the season!
Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 17:21 - Apr 16 with 1620 viewsMoor_Pinot

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 16:07 - Apr 16 by GOSBTS

Many thanks Pinot and hearty congratulations to you for winning the league. Very deserved - I began to lose my way towards the end but managed to save it right at the end! My season resembles Ipswich's very much, and just like Ipswich would be I imagine, I'm over the moon to gain promotion.

Huge thanks mfb for this season and all your hard work. The football season would be far duller without the Happy League. Didn't realise there was a super cup, so looking forward to this addition at the end of the season!

You're welcome and deserved to win. I just got lucky either side of the wine inspired name change! I still miss good Pinot Noirs, they're too expensive in England and there's none down here on Bodmin Moor!!
I shall watch Ipswich's end of season in the hope their form is worse than yours' GOSBTS!

Moor Pinot

Happy League 2022/23 The Final Tables on 18:46 - Apr 16 with 1612 viewsgerry_us

Many congratulations on you fantastic win Mick; well deserved.
Saturdays would not be the same without results and your brilliant reports. Keep it up mate but make sure you get a bit of a rest in the coming months
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024