Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CLUB UNITED 23:53 - Apr 17 with 1892 viewsghughes11

A couple of new proposals have appeared on the Club United page on the Col U Tickets website: https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/WebPages/EntaExt/ClubUtdProposals.aspx

1) Bespoke Stadium Clock

Description
A bespoke stadium clock to be installed in the North Stand, a nod to the Clock End at Layer Road.

Proposal Target: 5k

2) Billboard Advert

Description
A bespoke billboard advert promoting the U’s matches and prices for next season in a high traffic area e.g. the train station.

A larger budget will allow the advert to run for as long as possible to maximise its impact.

The advert should be clear and simple in order to show clearly how cheap it is to come and watch the U's.

Proposal target: 3k

You can support a proposal by pledging funds to it, simply click on the proposal and select ‘Make a Pledge’.

Please note, you must have available funds with Club United to make a pledge. Add Funds

*** these proposals were not created by me, but a member of the Official Colchester United Message Board, but I am happy to direct questions his way if you have any ***

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

CLUB UNITED on 07:30 - Apr 18 with 1872 viewsnoah4x4

Would prefer all of this money to be invested in a few strategically placed handrails to make available elderly and infirm safe areas.

The stadium steps are dangerous for anybody unsteady on their feet. Other than the lack of public transport, this is the most cited reason that my former Col U pals won’t attend, even if team performances improve. Although I am blessed with good physical health, I have size 14 feet and half my foot overhangs each step, so I have to go down sideways. Any surge of youngsters and I fear I will fall. It is so bad for my best Col U pal that needs a walking stick, he waits until most have left and uses the wall for support. It simply shouldn’t be like this.
CLUB UNITED on 10:56 - Apr 18 with 1837 viewswessex_exile

Just for info, I've also been contacted by Robbie with some additional details regarding the seat proposal idea which will help inform a better costed proposal, so I'm going to take a look at that and potentially resurrect as a new proposal. I'll probably give Bluesmonkey's proposals some space for now, give them a chance to get their funding in place (if they're going to) first.

Noah - assuming you're in Club United, there's absolutely no reason why you don't put forward your own safety rail proposal? I know there'll probably be quite a few who'd support it (I would).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

CLUB UNITED on 22:27 - Apr 19 with 1747 viewsghughes11

UPDATE:

Bespoke Stadium Clock (Proposal target: £5,000.00)
This proposal expires on 23 Oct 2023.
Pledged so far by 23 supporters £1,263.95

Billboard Advert (Proposal target: £3,000.00)
This proposal expires on 24 Jul 2023.
Pledged so far by 5 supporters £252.18

CLUB UNITED on 23:08 - Apr 19 with 1738 viewswessex_exile

CLUB UNITED on 22:27 - Apr 19 by ghughes11

UPDATE:

Pledged so far by 23 supporters £1,263.95

Pledged so far by 5 supporters £252.18

I fear the momentum has already died for both these proposals, but hope I'm wrong (I've pledged to the clock proposal). I've re-costed the seat design proposal, and plan to share with the club to hopefully get feedback on my assumptions, but I won't submit until the existing proposals have had a decent chance to get over the line.

Up the U's

CLUB UNITED on 23:15 - Apr 19 with 1737 viewsghughes11

CLUB UNITED on 23:08 - Apr 19 by wessex_exile

I fear the momentum has already died for both these proposals, but hope I'm wrong (I've pledged to the clock proposal). I've re-costed the seat design proposal, and plan to share with the club to hopefully get feedback on my assumptions, but I won't submit until the existing proposals have had a decent chance to get over the line.

It was good to see Col U advertise these proposals on their socials.

Shame they weren't mentioned on Col U TV today though! Most people would be on the website already to view the video so a click away from making a pledge!

After your proposal, I think that this is last chance saloon for Club Utd though!

If I was rich enough, I think I would just add lots of money to the funds and made sure that they ALL got over the line

CLUB UNITED on 00:05 - Apr 27 with 1590 viewsghughes11

UPDATE:

Pledged so far by 30 supporters £1,888.60

Pledged so far by 6 supporters £267.18

A note from the person who put through the proposals:

"The clock is already approaching £2,000 which is great news but I think it’s unlikely the billboard advert will receive the full funding required. However, I will look at what alternatives there are if we fall short of that target because £3,000 was very much a best scenario to maximise the impact of any advert.

There are some further developments which may be of interest to everyone. I am meeting Smith’s of Derby at the club this Friday to further discuss the proposal. I would like to make it clear that the proposal amount is likely to increase and it isn’t necessarily set in stone where the clock can be located within the stadium, the North Stand was based on the initial quotation. Friday’s meeting will help to provide:

- Quotation - up to date.
- Location - where the clock can be situated within the stadium.
- Designs - actual designs of the clock.

I am also meeting SmithyD and two other designers to look at a range of ideas including:

- South Stand Posters
- South Stand Wall Vinyls
- Stadium Concourses - refresh in the East, South and West Stands.
- Stadium Signage - corners of the stadium.

The idea is to break these down into individual ideas and even further into separated proposals in order to maximise the chances of some proposals getting approved and funded. It will also help the more popular ideas to get support first, even down to which poster the fans want first!

I’m conscious that the two proposals on Club United currently aren’t for everyone but by increasing the number of proposals including proposals that are far more achievable in terms of cost, it’ll will offering something for everyone and increase what we can do.

I’m happy to keep raising proposals that people suggest so long as they are realistic but not things such as a supporter’s bar or filling in the corners of the stadium!!!"

CLUB UNITED on 20:09 - Jun 8 with 1404 viewsghughes11

Looks like the current 2 proposals on Club Utd are dead in the water

Proposals

Bespoke Stadium Clock

Total Pledged: £2,399.37/£5,000 (37 supporters)

Billboard Advert

Total Pledged: £285.18/£3,000 (7 supporters)

CLUB UNITED on 21:17 - Jul 11 with 1125 viewsghughes11

From the Official Col U Message Board:

"Apologies for the delay but as promised here is an update following a meeting with the club on Friday 30th June.

Club United

Clock Proposal

We are now exploring a couple of new avenues to help bring this proposal to fruition. Dan (Col U fan) is designing some new concepts for the clock which we and the club will be able to share with the wider fanbase, unfortunately we haven't been able to share any of Smith's designs. The club are exploring the how much it would cost them to install a clock themselves which will bring more options for the clock's location into play as well as significantly reducing the cost of the project. However, we will need to confirm whether Smith's of Derby would still like to be involved with this project.

Billboard Project

The club love this proposal especially the location at North Station, a highly trafficked area. However, we are unlikely to raise enough funds through Club United in its current guise.

Dan's Pack

Dan went through his pack which is similar to what he has shared and talked about on here previously, this includes an array of ideas which the club also love. The pack has now been updated following the meeting and has now been sent to the club.

Club United - AOB

Essentially, we are now liaising with the club over which ideas we can take forward including putting forward some BWA proposals and how Club United may work in the future. I don't want to say too much here because it is obviously the club's remit and I'm sure they will keep everyone informed far better than me.

We remain very hopeful that we can bring a lot of our ideas to life and have said that we are keen to keep an open communication going with the club both regarding the BWA and Club United, potentially with bi-monthly meetings.

I will keep you posted of any further developments as and when I can!

Jon"

Login to get fewer ads

CLUB UNITED on 20:36 - Jul 26 with 985 viewsghughes11

CLUB UNITED on 21:17 - Jul 11 by ghughes11

From the Official Col U Message Board:

"Apologies for the delay but as promised here is an update following a meeting with the club on Friday 30th June.

Club United

Clock Proposal

We are now exploring a couple of new avenues to help bring this proposal to fruition. Dan (Col U fan) is designing some new concepts for the clock which we and the club will be able to share with the wider fanbase, unfortunately we haven't been able to share any of Smith's designs. The club are exploring the how much it would cost them to install a clock themselves which will bring more options for the clock's location into play as well as significantly reducing the cost of the project. However, we will need to confirm whether Smith's of Derby would still like to be involved with this project.

Billboard Project

The club love this proposal especially the location at North Station, a highly trafficked area. However, we are unlikely to raise enough funds through Club United in its current guise.

Dan's Pack

Dan went through his pack which is similar to what he has shared and talked about on here previously, this includes an array of ideas which the club also love. The pack has now been updated following the meeting and has now been sent to the club.

Club United - AOB

Essentially, we are now liaising with the club over which ideas we can take forward including putting forward some BWA proposals and how Club United may work in the future. I don't want to say too much here because it is obviously the club's remit and I'm sure they will keep everyone informed far better than me.

We remain very hopeful that we can bring a lot of our ideas to life and have said that we are keen to keep an open communication going with the club both regarding the BWA and Club United, potentially with bi-monthly meetings.

I will keep you posted of any further developments as and when I can!

Jon"

I see that there are 2 new proposals on the Col U Tickets page:
https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/We ... osals.aspx

CUFC Branding in Stadium: Proposal target £500.

The CUFC club badge will be applied by vinyl to the gates around the pitch perimeter. This will increase the club’s presence inside the stadium, and further improve the stadium’s visual appearance.

The perimeter gates featured the club badge when the stadium first opened, however they are now just blank metal sheets which are very visually unappealing.

This project will also include the replacement of the block S1 (missing) and N1 (damaged) ID signs at the back of the stands, for safety and wayfinding improvement.

Initial quotes have indicated that this project can be completed for the small sum of £500.

South Stand Posters: Proposal target £500.00.

Large posters depicting our history to be installed into the South Stand.

Half the posters can be images that the fans choose via polls the club run via social media.

The other half can be images designed by members of the U's fans base who submit their designs to the club.

The website below would be a different way of displaying these images but other options can/should also be considered to meet safety requirements.

CLUB UNITED on 18:54 - Mar 14 with 319 viewsghughes11

Update by a member on the Official Col U Message board:

South Stand Posters

Proposal successful - this will soon see two vinyls installed in the South Stand.

West Stand Eagle Vinyls

Proposal successful - this will soon see two vinyls added to the blue and white walls in W1 and W9.

Stadium Entry Point Flags

Proposal live - approaching 50% funding in one day, this will see entry point flags installed across each home stand concourse entrance/exit.

New Stadium Clock

Proposal tbc - we’re looking at relaunching this proposal and are currently looking at securing a more accurate quote.

CUFC Branding in Stadium

Proposal successful - not one I’m associated with but I know another member of the BWA is helping to assist the club in getting this one brought to life which will see the CUFC club badge applied by vinyl to the gates around the pitch perimeter and the replacement of the block S1 (missing) and N1 (damaged) ID signs at the back of the stands.

Finally some positive news for everyone!

Please check out the proposals via:

https://tickets.colchesterunited.net/Tickets/Home
Un

CLUB UNITED on 18:52 - Mar 15 with 202 viewsnoah4x4

Why not sort out some hand rails?

Dozens of elderly fans have ceased attending because the steps are dangerous. My size 14s mean I have to go down sideways else only my heels are supported. Many of my elderly pals now trek to the outer walls simply to have something to lean upon to steady themselves.

Simple scaffolding like rails would do.
CLUB UNITED on 20:01 - Mar 15 with 190 viewswessex_exile

That could be eminently achievable, particularly as a central rail up the middle of the 'inner' stairways. Whether they would fit with the guiding principle of Club United is another matter, I have no idea. Given the load they'd have to support, particularly at the final whistle, with hundreds of supporters simultaneously applying pressure, I suspect they'd have to be considerably more substantial than scaffold tubes to satisfy the HSE? That might of course put them well beyond the budget available in Club United, and even if not, the apparent apathy of supporters to pledge their funds might strangle it at birth. Of course, you could always start small, with three handrails in the South Stand, which could be doable. Pitch it on Club United Noah - I'll add my pledge to it.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024