Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team 12:49 - Apr 22 with 3650 viewsdurham_exile

Let’s keep this simple, a Colchester victory today over Sutton (who are already on the beach) means that whatever else happens we retain our League status.

However, Sutton have won their last 6 successive games against the U’s since 1991. Last season we couldn’t lay a glove on them, so something has to change.

Matt Gray’s side have long given up their outside chance of the play offs and are purely playing for pride. Mid table obscurity beckons. He of course has Craig Eastmond and Luke Gambin in his squad though whether either plays today is debatable.

BG in contrast is now unbeaten in 7 games and has started to make the team difficult to beat. No one will be happier than me if my initial reservations about him prove to be unfounded.

The team surely has to be as follows given the recent successes.

Smith

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Ashley Read Wood

Chilvers

Akinde Tovide

Subs
O’Hara Greenidge Newby Jay Miranda Fevrier Kazeem

Scoreline 3-0 to the Super U’s

More than anything I want to see Tom Smith keep a fourth successive clean sheet.

We also want to send Junior Tchamadeu to the Grosvenor Hotel on Sunday for the League Two Young Player of the Year Award buoyed by another victory.

Weather today will be 13 degrees Celsius cloudy and dry at the JCS.

The other league two game of the day is Hartlepool v Crawley at Victoria Park where a Crawley win virtually relegates the Monkey Hangers.

With (MK Dons, Oxford) or Cambridge, Morecambe, Accrington and Forest Green likely to be relegated from League One, I am torn as to the Monkey Hangers staying up. Next season trips to Morecambe and Accrington are back on with Wrexham and Notts County so do I favour Crawley or Hartlepool leaving the league with Rochdale. We will know more by 4.55pm.

League Table:
Wimbledon 43 47 -7
COL U 43 46 -7
Harrogate 42 45 -9
Crawley 43 42 -24
Hartlepool 43 39 -26
Rochdale 32 34 -26

Lets hope for a decent crowd today, get behind the U’s and let’s get those three points so that Doncaster and Mansfield become opportunities to show what we can do when under no pressure.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 13:25 - Apr 22 with 2778 viewsbwildered

Can Tom Smith keep four clean sheets since his debut , last achieved by – – – – / – – – – – – –

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 13:35 - Apr 22 with 2774 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 13:25 - Apr 22 by bwildered

Can Tom Smith keep four clean sheets since his debut , last achieved by – – – – / – – – – – – –

Didn’t realise anyone had achieved this. I remember Ethan Ross keeping two clean sheets in a row and I checked and he didn’t concede on his league debut when he came on for Shamal George, he started the next two games and kept clean sheets in both. He made one league start the following season and kept another clean sheet. He did concede in cup games in between though. No idea who this four clean sheet wonder is though.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 14:07 - Apr 22 with 2761 viewsmfb_cufc

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 13:25 - Apr 22 by bwildered

Andy Woodman.

mfb

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 14:20 - Apr 22 with 2754 viewsdurham_exile

Just one change in the starting line up today

Smith

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Greenidge Ashley Read Wood

Chilvers

Akinde Tovide

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:22 - Apr 22 with 2733 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton sadly still have the Indian sign over us.

Come on Col U we must get back into this game.
There goes the Tom Smith record equalling clean sheet.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:23 - Apr 22 with 2730 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:22 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

Sutton sadly still have the Indian sign over us.

Come on Col U we must get back into this game.
There goes the Tom Smith record equalling clean sheet.

Up the U's

Luke Chambers, get in
1-1

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:31 - Apr 22 with 2721 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:23 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

Luke Chambers, get in
1-1

Big John 2-1

Get in

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:39 - Apr 22 with 2711 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:31 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

Big John 2-1

Get in

Up the U's

Up to 19th

Now above Wimbledon

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:43 - Apr 22 with 2711 viewswessex_exile

Crawley 1-0 up at Hartlepool.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:46 - Apr 22 with 2708 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:43 - Apr 22 by wessex_exile

Crawley 1-0 up at Hartlepool.

Junior 3-1

Hartlepool will effectively be down if they lose.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:48 - Apr 22 with 2706 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:46 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

Junior 3-1

Hartlepool will effectively be down if they lose.

Up the U's

Torquay losing and could be relegated today.
Come on Big Frank

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:18 - Apr 22 with 2682 viewsdurham_exile

Come on the U's

Another goal would be nice.

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:23 - Apr 22 with 2678 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:18 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

Come on the U's

Another goal would be nice.

And there it is Noah Chilvers he's one of our own

4-1

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:26 - Apr 22 with 2676 viewsgerry_us

You're a happy bunny today.

Next Saturday at Donny??
Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:29 - Apr 22 with 2672 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:26 - Apr 22 by gerry_us

You're a happy bunny today.

Next Saturday at Donny??

Gerry I have my ticket for Donny.

4-1 today

Crawley now 2-0 v the Monkey Hangers

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:34 - Apr 22 with 2668 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:29 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

4-1 today

GD -4 now
Two games left to get to parity or better

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:44 - Apr 22 with 2659 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:34 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

GD -4 now
Two games left to get to parity or better

Up the U's

The U's are staying up

Now next season we must challenge for promotion.
Enough of this constant struggle for survival.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:47 - Apr 22 with 2658 viewswessex_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 15:48 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

Torquay losing and could be relegated today.
Come on Big Frank

Torquay now 2-1 up, level on points with 5th bottom Maidenhead. Come on Frank and Tom!

Up the U's

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:52 - Apr 22 with 2650 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:47 - Apr 22 by wessex_exile

Torquay now 2-1 up, level on points with 5th bottom Maidenhead. Come on Frank and Tom!

A Desmond now at Altrincham

But we are staying up, say we are staying up.

And Monkey Hangers effectively down.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 2639 viewswessex_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 16:29 - Apr 22 by durham_exile

4-1 today

See you all there

Up the U's

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 17:24 - Apr 22 with 2617 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 17:05 - Apr 22 by wessex_exile

See you all there

Should be a great celebration.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 17:38 - Apr 22 with 2598 viewsbwildered

Although going a goal down, once levelled and got their rhythm game effectively over by half time.
Ball dropped well for Big John and Tovide doing good work for Junior to take the plaudits.
Excellent team performance, interesting to see Junior and Greenidge playing on opposite sides wide.
Hope they now can all relax than play under pressure for the last couple of games , onwards and upwards and no false dawns this time around .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 17:52 - Apr 22 with 2592 viewswessex_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 17:38 - Apr 22 by bwildered

Although going a goal down, once levelled and got their rhythm game effectively over by half time.
Ball dropped well for Big John and Tovide doing good work for Junior to take the plaudits.
Excellent team performance, interesting to see Junior and Greenidge playing on opposite sides wide.
Hope they now can all relax than play under pressure for the last couple of games , onwards and upwards and no false dawns this time around .

Next target, finish without a negative GD

Up the U's

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 2564 viewswessex_exile

Btw Durham, as an archaeologist you missed out on the perfect headline writers dream - Sutton Who!

Up the U's

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 22:21 - Apr 22 with 2501 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to achieve league survival today against beached Sutton team on 19:00 - Apr 22 by wessex_exile

Btw Durham, as an archaeologist you missed out on the perfect headline writers dream - Sutton Who!

Excellent Wessex
I suppose given our wretched record against them recently I opted for a more reserved headline.

I would like to use that one next season though.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024