Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Laird 09:57 - Apr 25 with 8997 viewsStevenageRanger

A player that has come in for a lot of stick lately.

He came on Saturday and within the first 5 mins or so put in a decent tackle. At the end was dancing in front of the fans. That is not a player that doesnt care in my opinion.

Yes he will be off at the end of the season and we don't know what happens behind closed doors, but he is (IMO) a far better player than Drewe.

Would you go with him for the last two games?
Ethan Laird on 14:19 - Apr 27 with 995 viewsE15Hoop

Ethan Laird on 14:11 - Apr 27 by Rangersw12

Couple of comments from GA on Laird

..And di you also notice how frequently the word "develop" came up in that piece, for all those fretting about GA's style?
Ethan Laird on 15:26 - Apr 27 with 905 viewsstantheman10

Ethan Laird on 14:11 - Apr 27 by Rangersw12

Couple of comments from GA on Laird

Is it me or does GA seem a bit flat and a lack of the usual enthusiasm he invokes?
Ethan Laird on 15:30 - Apr 27 with 886 viewsE15Hoop

Ethan Laird on 15:26 - Apr 27 by stantheman10

Is it me or does GA seem a bit flat and a lack of the usual enthusiasm he invokes?

I often find that's the case on the WLS interviews, Stan.
Don't forget McCullough and GA's old team-mate were absolutely ripping him to shreds just last week, so if he's seen that (and pound to a penny SOMEONE will have made him aware of it) he will have been less than impressed. I would imagine GA had some fairly choice words to say to McCullough off-camera, which would explain McCullough's slightly fawning approach to him this week.
Ethan Laird on 18:42 - Apr 27 with 772 viewsQPROslo

Ethan Laird on 12:14 - Apr 27 by Northernr

Again I think you're confusing me with somebody else. If he's done that, then great, can he play this Saturday please? Can he play like he played the first half of the season?

That's not the point I'm making at all, which also wasn't directed at you, it's directed at Oslo and Goldborne's posts higher up.

So let me try and be really clear step by step.

1 - It is my contention that it is blatantly, blatantly obvious there have been problems with players in this squad this year around attitude, absenteeism, commitment. It's everywhere you look.

2 - Goldborne and Oslo seem to contend that there's nothing wrong with the players at all, they've all done their best, tried their best, great attitude, just been unlucky with injuries which were all entirely genuine, loss of confidence managers left etc. and any claim or rhetoric to the contrary is untrue, unhelpful, unfair.

3 - You do not, in your right mind, leave Ethan Laird out if he's fit so you can pick Aaron Drewe against Onel Hernandez and Anass Zaroury for football or tactical reasons. This is a clear, clear admission from the manager that there have been the problems that, like I say, I think are blatantly obvious.

4 - So yeh, if he's "looked in the mirror" and "accepted that he's fcked up" and "sorted his head out" like you say then that's great. But my point is to the people that keep coming on here and denying there was any fck up, anything to look in the mirror about, in the first place. You can't maintain that position while the manager picks Drewe over a fit Ethan Laird.

Unless you know which I don't it's all conjectures and needs taking with a large pitch of. Laird has been injured and been targeted by some so he may not have started to protect his fitness as Gareth is saying was the case with JCS at Burnley or to protect his confidence, or ( hopefully not) because they had a fall out, or because he fancied Drewe to be good at rope a dope, or Drewe is older according to Gareth and Gareth loves us oldies, or Laird missed a bus, or a hundred other things. It all worked out well anyway 3 points, Drewe got some good experience under his belt and Laird helped improve us, threw an assist as long as Drewe and with bounce, and played very well which he usually does in my humble.

We've had a lot of injuries this and last season but I have seen no good evidence that anyone has been faking it, not even Tyler missed the World Cup faking it? Roberts. So all that remains conjecture, maybe some truth in it somewhere but just a lot of hot air until possibly one day someone respected at the Club if there is anyone left, tells us why we had so many injuries other than we had so many injured
Ethan Laird on 18:48 - Apr 27 with 750 viewsNorthernr

Ethan Laird on 18:42 - Apr 27 by QPROslo

Unless you know which I don't it's all conjectures and needs taking with a large pitch of. Laird has been injured and been targeted by some so he may not have started to protect his fitness as Gareth is saying was the case with JCS at Burnley or to protect his confidence, or ( hopefully not) because they had a fall out, or because he fancied Drewe to be good at rope a dope, or Drewe is older according to Gareth and Gareth loves us oldies, or Laird missed a bus, or a hundred other things. It all worked out well anyway 3 points, Drewe got some good experience under his belt and Laird helped improve us, threw an assist as long as Drewe and with bounce, and played very well which he usually does in my humble.

We've had a lot of injuries this and last season but I have seen no good evidence that anyone has been faking it, not even Tyler missed the World Cup faking it? Roberts. So all that remains conjecture, maybe some truth in it somewhere but just a lot of hot air until possibly one day someone respected at the Club if there is anyone left, tells us why we had so many injuries other than we had so many injured

I think the idea Tyler was going to the World Cup fit or not is one of my favourites but we're clearly never going to agree. I don't see how anybody watches that Blackpool away game and sees it for anything other than what it obviously was.
Ethan Laird on 18:59 - Apr 27 with 728 viewsOldPedro

Ethan Laird on 18:48 - Apr 27 by Northernr

I think the idea Tyler was going to the World Cup fit or not is one of my favourites but we're clearly never going to agree. I don't see how anybody watches that Blackpool away game and sees it for anything other than what it obviously was.

There was an interview with the Wales manager Rob Page when he announced the Wales WC squad where he talked about some of the players he hadn't picked and he said something along the lines that he had told Tyler Roberts a few weeks before that he wouldn't be in the squad.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024