Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something to cheer about 01:55 - May 4 with 1160 viewsconcordman

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/michael-hamilton-b201b6a2_strong-numbers-from-the
Something to cheer about on 09:39 - May 4 with 1119 viewsburnsieespana

Good to see we are one of the best
Something to cheer about on 19:46 - May 4 with 1055 viewsbwildered

Please name the 5 , and seven .
Thanks .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Something to cheer about on 21:31 - May 4 with 1049 viewsmfb_cufc

Something to cheer about on 19:46 - May 4 by bwildered

Thanks .

The 7 refers to AFC Wimbledon.

mfb

Something to cheer about on 02:21 - May 5 with 1030 viewsghughes11

I'm in 2 minds about this.

Obviously it is really good that we are giving "youngsters" a chance in our 1st team, and to be honest the "youngsters" are probably our best performers (Ashley, Chilvers, Junior etc), but we have been down the bottom of the league for all of this season and most of the last few seasons so at what cost are we helping these "youngsters" develop?!?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Something to cheer about on 08:26 - May 5 with 1009 viewsbwildered

Thanks for clarification, one wonders what the scenario is for a “ product of the academy .” I regard it at someone who came through from 10 to 12 years at one club only rather than the perceived stat formed by media and clubs of about two years.
Nothing personal but Junior and Ashley are not products of the academy, whereas Gilbey, Kent and Szmodics have, but lets hope they all have long and fruitful careers and to the benefit of the club in league progression, has the club has a reputation for first team opportunities .

Something to cheer about on 08:46 - May 5 with 1005 viewswessex_exile

Something to cheer about on 19:46 - May 4 by bwildered

Thanks .

Unless I’m mistaken, I think the five are Junior Tchamadeu, Samson Tovide, Marley Marshall-Miranda, Jayden Fevrier and Tom Smith? Some of those passed their 21st during the season, but I think they were all 20 or younger at the start of the season.

Edit: not Tom Smith, he’s a loanee - the 5th must be Al-Amin Kazeem.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 9:27]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Something to cheer about on 09:44 - May 5 with 989 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Something to cheer about on 08:46 - May 5 by wessex_exile

Unless I’m mistaken, I think the five are Junior Tchamadeu, Samson Tovide, Marley Marshall-Miranda, Jayden Fevrier and Tom Smith? Some of those passed their 21st during the season, but I think they were all 20 or younger at the start of the season.

Kazeem was 21 last month but all of his minutes were when he was 20.

Greenidge is 20, soon to be 21, and he's made nine appearances for us in League Two this season.

Junior is 19, Tovide is 19, Marshall Miranda is 20 and Fevrier was 20 last month. So that's six.

Maybe they didn't include Kazeem as he was 21 at the time they took the stats, doesn't seem right to me though especially as all of his minutes came when he was still 20.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Something to cheer about on 11:22 - May 5 with 984 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Whilst the vast majority of those minutes came from Junior and Tovide it's encouraging that we've got a number of younger players in and around the first team again.

Also Ashley is 23, Read is 23 and Chilvers 22.

If you include Tom Smith we could field a pretty decent side that are all 23 or under. Might be a bit light at the back though.

Smith

Junior Greenidge A N Other Kazeem

Ashley Chilvers Read Marshall-Miranda

Tovide Fevrier

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Something to cheer about on 11:42 - May 5 with 982 viewswessex_exile

Something to cheer about on 09:44 - May 5 by RSCOSWORTH

Kazeem was 21 last month but all of his minutes were when he was 20.

Greenidge is 20, soon to be 21, and he's made nine appearances for us in League Two this season.

Junior is 19, Tovide is 19, Marshall Miranda is 20 and Fevrier was 20 last month. So that's six.

Maybe they didn't include Kazeem as he was 21 at the time they took the stats, doesn't seem right to me though especially as all of his minutes came when he was still 20.

Forgot about Greenidge - perhaps they've not counted him because he only joined in January?

Up the U's

Something to cheer about on 22:16 - May 7 with 893 viewsghughes11

Something to cheer about on 08:26 - May 5 by bwildered

Thanks for clarification, one wonders what the scenario is for a “ product of the academy .” I regard it at someone who came through from 10 to 12 years at one club only rather than the perceived stat formed by media and clubs of about two years.
Nothing personal but Junior and Ashley are not products of the academy, whereas Gilbey, Kent and Szmodics have, but lets hope they all have long and fruitful careers and to the benefit of the club in league progression, has the club has a reputation for first team opportunities .

didn't Kent come from Arsenal? How old was he when he joined us and does it count?

Something to cheer about on 00:39 - May 8 with 878 viewswessex_exile

Something to cheer about on 22:16 - May 7 by ghughes11

didn't Kent come from Arsenal? How old was he when he joined us and does it count?

He did, but he joined our academy on a scholarship at the age of (I think) 16. Not sure what the rules are on academy products (are there any?), so no idea if he counts or not? I'd say the bigger picture would be whether he qualifies or not, he came here because of our academy, so therefore a result of our academy, if not technically a product.

Up the U's

Something to cheer about on 02:31 - May 8 with 875 viewsghughes11

Something to cheer about on 00:39 - May 8 by wessex_exile

He did, but he joined our academy on a scholarship at the age of (I think) 16. Not sure what the rules are on academy products (are there any?), so no idea if he counts or not? I'd say the bigger picture would be whether he qualifies or not, he came here because of our academy, so therefore a result of our academy, if not technically a product.

so same as Tchamadeu then

Something to cheer about on 08:19 - May 8 with 861 viewsbwildered

Something to cheer about on 08:46 - May 5 by wessex_exile

So, in real terms , five becomes three has Jayden Fevier was recently signed from West Ham United.

Samson Tovide
Marley Marshal - Miranda
Al-Amin Kareem

Considering the policy became to loan players out to senior non league sides in the final contractual years and push for the first team, the return has not been impressive the last few seasons.

Something to cheer about on 10:26 - May 8 with 832 viewsburnsieespana

In my opinion the Academy has two aspects.
It attracts youngsters (16-20) rejected for whatever reasone by Cat 1 Academies allowing us to improve them and then sell on.
The other aspect is production from a young age of youngsters goodvenough for the team and then sell on. This necessarily is a slower process and takes a lot longer for us to attract the best of the best youngsters who previously would have certainly gone to Ipswich, Norwich (now Cat 1), etc.
Academy players which can both play for us and be sold is a long process but feel we have certainly made good progress over the last 10 years and stats like this will only be good to attract the 10 year old to become the gem of the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024