Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the first time no newly promote clubs are relegated from the Premiership 17:33 - May 22 with 2198 viewsswisscottage

I can't remember this being the case before..

Any Statos out there ?
Is this the first time no newly promote clubs are relegated from the Premiership on 17:43 - May 22 with 2170 viewsSnipper

Norwich, Swansea and ourselves survived in 2011/12.
Is this the first time no newly promote clubs are relegated from the Premiership on 19:08 - May 22 with 2050 viewsLimehouseR

Copied and pasted from my own post on a different thread a few days ago.
But answers your question in full...

It has only happened 3 times out of 30 Premier League Seasons, the last being 5 years ago. Compare that to promotion/relegation to and from the Championship over the same 30 seasons where it has happened 15 times. And in only 2 of those 30 seasons have 2 of the 3 promoted clubs gone straight back down. Another clear indication of how the structure of football in this country is totally stacked in favour of the established Premier League clubs.

2017/2018 season.
Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield were promoted the season before with Stoke, Swansea and West Brom going down...

2011/2012 season with ourselves, Norwich and Swansea all staying up (just) and Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves all relegated.

2001/2002 - Fulham Blackburn and Bolton all survived after promotion, with Ipswich, Derby and Leicester all going down.

Conversely...

1997/1998 is the only season that saw all 3 promoted teams all being relegated. Bolton, Barnsley and Crystal Palace. Which surprised me.
Is this the first time no newly promote clubs are relegated from the Premiership on 20:22 - May 22 with 1961 viewsToast_R

Don't think I can remember a bottom 4 of the Premier League being quite as piss poor as the current lot. Falling over themselves to go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024