Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll try - a Potters match thread 14:54 - Nov 27 with 70548 viewsE17hoop

Everyone seems to have tried in the last year or so, so I'll have a punt.

1-0, Chair.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 12:13 - Nov 29 with 2115 viewsthemodfather

ok, a huge much needed win, with goals, and dykes scored and many at the loft end. we put to bed many issues. set pieces? well at least we got down there and they will improve. a 4-2 win, nice. i said 3-1 with a red, so close but . at 2-2 down was thinking "nick a draw".
we finally have LIFT OFF.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 12:18 - Nov 29 with 2092 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:01 - Nov 29 by DieByYourSide

Is inflating the attendance figures part of our new FFP cash drive?

12/13k tops

well, no, because attendance is probably 'number of tickets sold' not 'how many people are in the ground'.

Bare bones.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 12:47 - Nov 29 with 2017 viewsdmm

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 12:18 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

well, no, because attendance is probably 'number of tickets sold' not 'how many people are in the ground'.

Indeed. Attendance has always included all STs whether or not they are there and all others who had tickets but didn't show up. It must be said though that last night's number is in stark contrast to the number of empty seats around the ground.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 12:47 - Nov 29 with 2015 viewsLoyalitat

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 06:55 - Nov 29 by traininvain

But apparently Willock doesn’t care! Good to see plenty of myths get shot down last night.

Absolutely.

It's good to see that the person who allegedly covets a diamond-encrusted Bentley more than his desire to play for QPR, as well as having an attitude problem, has dispelled those preconceptions.

Well done Chris Willock. Here's hoping that goal plays a part in him gradually regaining the confidence required to play anywhere close to the manner in which he played under Warburton and Beale.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 16:12]
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 1940 viewsBrianWilson

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:30 - Nov 29 by Sonofpugwash

A "sorted" Willock makes all the difference.
Thanks R's for the perfect birthday present.You can stick your socks and talcum powder.

Could see Willock leaving for somewhere like Stoke at the end of his contract. Don't care at this stage as long as he can contribute to us staying up.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 13:13 - Nov 29 with 1935 viewsWelsh_Ranger

What a roller-coaster!

Some great cameos from the bench and a few slices of luck that we have needed. Its amazing to see some recovery shoots sprouting and a determination to win the game even when we were behind. Many stats showing how few points we have taken when behind in games.

As many have said, goals from Dykes/Willock will hopefully improve the confidence especially after Dykes one-on-one.

Lots of work to be done at our state of the art training facility on final balls and set plays but we now have some hope at least!

Onwards and hopefully upwards!
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 13:34 - Nov 29 with 1878 viewsParkRoyalR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:07 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

I counted 6 early crosses in the first half alone, one of which essentially brought a goal for the penalty, and claiming he should have passed it earlier for a pass that produced a one on one chance for Smyth is perverse.
I do agree corners all night were poor, but equally we’re clearly going for a near post one and at some point it might help if someone won a near post header.

6 early crosses in the 1st Half by Chair? I didn't see 6 crosses from the entire team, let alone from one player, and an early cross for me is 1st touch control, 2nd touch cross,

Superb cross / pass for Smyth miss sums up my frustration and why his career will not hits the heights it should,

Not sure if you saw EDB running through clear, or the 4 extra touches Chair took in delaying the pass so the defender got back + blocked the EDB option off before his comedy shank, with the ball then ricocheting off EDB straight into Smyths path, a chance lost but resurrected by some comedy defending,

Still if last night encourages Marti to move Chair into the middle then we're both happy!
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 13:36 - Nov 29 with 1873 viewsTheChef

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 12:47 - Nov 29 by dmm

Indeed. Attendance has always included all STs whether or not they are there and all others who had tickets but didn't show up. It must be said though that last night's number is in stark contrast to the number of empty seats around the ground.

FWIW after our game I caught the end of the Watford game and Vicarage Road looked half empty too.

Ticket prices + freezing weather + red button option will really impact midweek attendances.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:05 - Nov 29 with 1766 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 13:34 - Nov 29 by ParkRoyalR

6 early crosses in the 1st Half by Chair? I didn't see 6 crosses from the entire team, let alone from one player, and an early cross for me is 1st touch control, 2nd touch cross,

Superb cross / pass for Smyth miss sums up my frustration and why his career will not hits the heights it should,

Not sure if you saw EDB running through clear, or the 4 extra touches Chair took in delaying the pass so the defender got back + blocked the EDB option off before his comedy shank, with the ball then ricocheting off EDB straight into Smyths path, a chance lost but resurrected by some comedy defending,

Still if last night encourages Marti to move Chair into the middle then we're both happy!

Try watching the match again. Looks like you slept thropugh the first half!

Bare bones.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:46 - Nov 29 with 1658 viewsParkRoyalR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:05 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

Try watching the match again. Looks like you slept thropugh the first half!

Maybe I need them rose-tinted spectacles you've got on prescription Anti,

I was definitely awake as was screaming for that first time pass to EDB,

I recall Eze picking up the ball in that exact same position and playing a 50 yard diagonal onto Nakhi Wells head for a superb headed finish,

That's why Eze's worth £60m and why Chair's worth for me has reduced from a top-end £6m to likely £3-4m, just doesn't see or play the pass quick enough, but with a good coach like Marti, he can!
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:51 - Nov 29 with 1648 viewstraininvain

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 13:34 - Nov 29 by ParkRoyalR

Maybe you missed Chair’s control and top class ball into the mixer that led to Cook’s chance and the penalty.

Sometimes it wouldn’t hurt to give a little bit of credit instead of labouring the same points over and over again.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:56 - Nov 29 with 1625 viewsswisscottage

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:01 - Nov 29 by DieByYourSide

Is inflating the attendance figures part of our new FFP cash drive?

12/13k tops

Season ticket holders are always counted whether they attend or not. Not sure if that was the difference yesterday as I thought the crowd looked a little sparse also.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:06 - Nov 29 with 1587 viewsParkRoyalR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:51 - Nov 29 by traininvain

Maybe you missed Chair’s control and top class ball into the mixer that led to Cook’s chance and the penalty.

Sometimes it wouldn’t hurt to give a little bit of credit instead of labouring the same points over and over again.

We were poor again for 65 minutes last night, if Chair is played in the right position and always plays that early ball, we are a totally different team + will stay up.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:45 - Nov 29 with 1489 viewsParkRoyalR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:51 - Nov 29 by traininvain

We were poor again for 65 minutes last night, if Chair is played in the right position and always plays that early ball, we are a totally different team + will stay up.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:51 - Nov 29 with 1475 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:46 - Nov 29 by ParkRoyalR

I recall Eze picking up the ball in that exact same position and playing a 50 yard diagonal onto Nakhi Wells head for a superb headed finish,

That's why Eze's worth £60m and why Chair's worth for me has reduced from a top-end £6m to likely £3-4m, just doesn't see or play the pass quick enough, but with a good coach like Marti, he can!

Not rose-tinted, just like Benitez, I'm talking about facts.
Don't recall comparing him to Eze either.
Bizarre post.

Bare bones.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:52 - Nov 29 with 1471 viewsDieByYourSide

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 12:18 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

Check last season's attendances for similar night games and none of them will have been reported as high as 16,900.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 15:52]

Poll: And it's hi ho

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:54 - Nov 29 with 1462 viewsdaveB

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:45 - Nov 29 by ParkRoyalR

If he always plays the early ball wouldn't he be a bit predictable?

It looks to me like the manager doesn't want early crosses all the tine and prefers build and getting more players in the box
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 17:25 - Nov 29 with 1313 viewsHooping_Mad

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:32 - Nov 28 by kensalriser

Here's what to do.

Boil a pan of water for any non-ribbon pasta shape.
Steam or boil your broccoli. Chop it. Fry off a chopped clove of garlic in oil or butter, add the broccoli, get it nicely mixed up so the broccoli is quite fine. Cut into fine cubes and mix in about a quarter to a third of a pack of feta cheese and simmer until melted. You can add a little cream here if you like. Grind in some black pepper. Mix with the pasta. Serve. It will taste more of feta than broccoli. Obviously if you don't like feta either do something else. We still won.

Nice to see cheese based advice going on between the R's

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

I'll try - a Potters match thread (n/t) on 17:37 - Nov 29 with 1271 viewsnumptydumpty

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:57 - Nov 29 by Boston

You had your stepdaughter looking after your girlfriend! erm.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 17:49]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 17:42 - Nov 29 with 1255 viewsnumptydumpty

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:57 - Nov 29 by Boston

You had your stepdaughter looking after your girlfriend! erm.

My step daughter is 27 Boston

Partner of many years and not married so I don't know what terminology I am supposed to write, to me it's girlfriend

Girlfriend is suffering massive anxiety currently so it's hard for her to be alone.

Not sure what you getting at.

I guess my names I say probably not down with the kids !!

Anyhow whatever it was, glad braved the cold to see Rangers under Marti showing some promise finally

Bit of light relief finally provided at Loftus Road
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 17:53]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 17:28 - Nov 30 with 949 viewsNortholt_Rs

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:52 - Nov 29 by DieByYourSide

Check last season's attendances for similar night games and none of them will have been reported as high as 16,900.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 15:52]

Acres of empty seats in SAF near me….. 12k tops at LR.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 20:35 - Nov 30 with 868 viewsBurnleyhoop

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 14:46 - Nov 29 by ParkRoyalR

Early balls are all very well if you have a target in the box or a runner in the channels. Not that often you see Dykes or Armstrong in positions to go and attack a cross or runners from midfield looking to break the lines. All our midfielders, with the possible exception of the EDB, rarely make a darting run in to space behind the defenders.

I thought Chair had a great game playing in a slightly deeper, more central role. He has great close control and rarely loses possession. The more we can get him on the ball, the more opportunities for opening teams up we will get. Tactically, it’s a big thumbs up from me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024