Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When in Rome… 10:54 - Mar 7 with 1138 viewsSFC_Referee

Well I do remember always being quite cautious and making sure to be in the groups when we were in Milan, with thankfully nothing happening there, but unfortunately it’s not the same for the Brighton fans in Rome today…
https://news.sky.com/story/two-brighton-fans-stabbed-in-italy-ahead-of-roma-game

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

When in Rome… on 12:22 - Mar 7 with 1037 viewskingslandstand1

I feel for those Brighton fans obviously (although they have been discharged from hospital and will hopefully get to the game - if they actually want to now!) but you wonder if they were in groups or on their own noting it was apparently by the Colosseum so guessing loads of tourists around! But wearing colours with Roma's reputation? Not always a good idea. We certainly didn't while in Milan and never felt threatened
When in Rome… on 14:39 - Mar 7 with 939 viewsSaintNick

When in Rome… on 12:22 - Mar 7 by kingslandstand1

I feel for those Brighton fans obviously (although they have been discharged from hospital and will hopefully get to the game - if they actually want to now!) but you wonder if they were in groups or on their own noting it was apparently by the Colosseum so guessing loads of tourists around! But wearing colours with Roma's reputation? Not always a good idea. We certainly didn't while in Milan and never felt threatened

The report says around midnight so perhaps not as busy as during the day, they were in a less touristy area on a road up to the station, so got a bit unlucky.

I know a few fans of other clubs who have been to Rome for football and they say you have to have your wits about you

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

When in Rome… on 20:32 - Mar 7 with 758 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Nothing to fear in Rome as 93% of Italian lads still live with their mums and are more worried about being told off when they get home past their bedtime.
When in Rome… on 23:28 - Mar 7 with 636 viewsdirk_doone

""We are aware of the bottles, coins and lighters being thrown by home supporters into the away end," said a Brighton statement.

"We have reported to Uefa and Italian Police and requested immediate action be taken."

Two Brighton & Hove Albion fans were stabbed in Rome before their side's match.

One fan said he was in a group who were attacked by about six people wearing balaclavas.

He added two friends were stabbed, with one remaining in hospital and told BBC Sussex he had been punched and kicked."

"The European Union's 2023 report highlights the security situation in cities. In Rome, only 38% of residents feel safe on the streets at night.... Rome was named the most dangerous city in Europe last year."

https://visitworld.today/blog/1947/the-safest-and-most-dangerous-cities-in-europ

Personally, although I like Italy and think that most Italian cities are wonderful, I don't like Rome, mainly because the Romans are generally not very nice people, especially in their attitude to foreigners. Most Italians would agree on that.
[Post edited 7 Mar 23:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

When in Rome… on 06:58 - Mar 8 with 521 viewsyateleysaint

The only grief I got in Milan was from those bloody wristband pirates.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

When in Rome… on 07:09 - Mar 8 with 510 viewsdirk_doone

When in Rome… on 06:58 - Mar 8 by yateleysaint

The only grief I got in Milan was from those bloody wristband pirates.

Although it doesn't have as many tourist attractions as Rome, Milan is a very safe city. Most Italian cities are.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024